The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

duff & phelps are said to be on an hourly rate of about ?600. i bet these guys both take an hour in the bog when they go to crimp off a length.

SSN running with cuts of 75%, 50% and 25% dependant on earnings.

Wonder if Lee Wallace will now be WORSE off???

Vlad-Stupid

duff & phelps are said to be on an hourly rate of about ?600. i bet these guys both take an hour in the bog when they go to crimp off a length.

There's nothing finer in life than laying a ?600 cable

vintage1874

Get back to your places people .It was a false dawn like others have said Neil Doncaster mentioned the spl board will decide Rangers fate should they go down the newco route. So Hearts won't have a say in the matter.

Flipping terrible state of affairs.I canny stand Doncaster the man has no backbone. If Hearts did n't mean so much to me I'd jack it in.

Edited by vintage1874

Vlad-Stupid

SSN running with cuts of 75%, 50% and 25% dependant on earnings.

Wonder if Lee Wallace will now be WORSE off???

Sounds like the higher earners can end up with less than the mid earners tbh

The Mighty Thor

so 3 weeks in and Duff and Phelps have managed to shave a whole ?48k per month off the wage bill. Aye?

That means they are on track to have re-paid all their Tax liabilities in 1,563 months or 130 years.

I'm sure HMRC will snap their fecking hands off for that deal thumbsup.gif

Sexton Hardcastle

Who would of thought a team in administration could have soley killed what remains of Scottish football yet in turn survived themselves.

Beyond belief.

Can anyone explain why liquidation is inevitable?

Let's say - worst case - they owe ?100M.

They are turning circa $50M per year. Even if income were to drop considerably, restructuring so that they operate on a budget of, say ?15M a year - and thereby making significamt profit - is entirely feasible. Their biggest costs are salaries - so they would simply have to take a big hair cut.

REMEMBER - ?15M pa is 2X INCOME of any other scottish club outside the uglies!!!!!!!

Balance goes to pay off their debts. Sure, it could take 10 years, but the alternative is that debtors get what....ONE FIFTH of what they're owed.

The economics of this situation are so easy a child could do it. Cut the operating costs, most of which are salaries of over paid players or admin staff that are on easy street, and pay off the debt. Very little of the operating cost will be ground staff or tea ladies. Of course the unpalatable part is that they would have a massive millstone round their necks until the debt is cleared, making a lavel playing field with the other 10 clubs.

Anything other than doing this equates to the public purse funding der hun.

further thought to depress? : the potential worsening of the sanctions for going into administration being hinted at to more than ten points will result in punishments to provincial teams in the future as a result of Rangers actions (NewCo). Rangers will never be in this position again so a change of rules will not affect them.

Edited by Riccarton3

There's nothing finer in life than laying a ?600 cable

i would like that lifestyle. you could even wipe with ?20s and still come out in :profit:

then i would tell everyone else "wouldn't go straight in there folks... give it ?100 quid or so.

:smuggy:

vintage1874

what did doncaster say exactly? they will remain in the spl regardless?? i missed it

Aye it's up to the spl board to decide Rangers fate and if they from a newco will be voted back in. I wonder what will happen over the unregistered contracts? I think we all know the answer. Seems to me like its okay to cheat these days.

Edited by vintage1874

It does not really matter how much Duff and Phelps charge.

Rangers want to keep their best players until after the Old Firm game.

I think that is what they will do.

McGregeor's laywer threatening legal action over reports that he refused to take a wage cut #Rangers

Geoff Kilpatrick

Get back to your places people .It was a false dawn like others have said Neil Doncaster mentioned the spl board will decide Rangers fate should they go down the newco route. So Hearts won't have a say in the matter.

Flipping terrible state of affairs.I canny stand Doncaster the man has no backbone. If Hearts did n't mean so much to me I'd jack it in.

I wouldn't blame Vlad in any way if this scenario panned out from walking out on Hearts.

The game is a complete bogey.

McGregeor's laywer threatening legal action over reports that he refused to take a wage cut #Rangers

good edinburgh & forrester's laddie that he is. always liked him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It does not really matter how much Duff and Phelps charge.

Rangers want to keep their best players until after the Old Firm game.

I think that is what they will do.

And how is that in the best interest of creditors exactly?

And what damages has McGregor had as a result? Everyone knew he was a ^^^^ already.

Someone like McGregor has probably went down from 25k a week to 7.5K a week. Lets hope he's been saving. Big Obua Dizzle is probably on more than the Rangers players now.

surely the spl voting system should come into play here?, and they would surely be outdone by the voting system they wanted in place.

Dave

Geoff Kilpatrick

They are turning circa $50M per year. Even if income were to drop c onsiderably, restructuring so that they operate on a budget of, say ?15M a year - and thereby making significamt profit - is entirely feasible. Their biggest costs are salaries - so they would simply have ,to take a big hair cut.

REMEMBER - ?15M pa is 2X INCOME of any other scottish club outside the uglies!!!!!!!

Balance goes to pay off their debts. Sure, it could take 10 years, but the alternative is that debtors get what....ONE FIFTH of what they're owed.

The economics of this situation are so easy a child could do it. Cut the operating costs, most of which are salaries of over paid players or admin staff that are on easy street, and pay off the debt. Very little of the operating cost will be ground staff or tea ladies. Of course the unpalatable part is that they would have a massive millstone round their necks until the debt is cleared, making a lavel playing field with the other 10 clubs.

That assumes HMRC would make an unprecedented "time to pay" agreement though.

Meanwhile, penalties for alleged dodgy contracts?

They are turning circa $50M per year. Even if income were to drop considerably, restructuring so that they operate on a budget of, say ?15M a year - and thereby making significamt profit - is entirely feasible. Their biggest costs are salaries - so they would simply have to take a big hair cut.

Rangers don't do tax payments - certainly not ones accumulated by old regimes. Not over a period of years. Rather just sink the boat and come back debt free.

Vlad-Stupid

i would like that lifestyle. you could even wipe with ?20s and still come out in :profit:

then i would tell everyone else "wouldn't go straight in there folks... give it ?100 quid or so.

:smuggy:

:lol:

It is only 2 weeks away so will not make much difference.

kingantti1874

I don't disagree in principal. I actually think a financially crippled hun is better than a liquidated one who will be back at the top in 5 years...

But in your analysis you need to recognise turnover does not equal income and the fact that they have sold off all season tickets, all strip sales and even the pies for 4 years or more... That combined with a probable euro ban - how do they generate any income at all? Forget paying anything back - They will need to borrow to survive

Edited by kingantti1874

Your forgetting one vital cog - income.

Where will RFC see money coming into the business?

Not ticket sales, if reports are to be believed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Basically that he's there to implement the SPL rulebook, which all 12 clubs are responsible for. Any new rules go to a vote. Currently no rule on liquidated clubs and only 1o point deduction for administration.

Try Rule 14 Doncaster, you mutant!

I don't disagree in principal. I actually think a financially crippled hun is better than a liquidated one who will be back at the top in 5 years...

But in your analysis you need to recognise the have sold off all season tickets, all strip sales and even the pies for 4 years or more... That combined with a probable euro ban - how do they generate any income at all? Forget paying anything back - They will need to borrow to survive

The season tickets were sold for rangers, not rangers newco.

Dave

Drylaw Hearts

rangers Campbell Ogilvie , sfa Campbell Ogilvie , Hearts Campbell Ogilvie ? makes you wonder if its entirely out of the realms of possiblity that Vlad really did know ?

Are you inferring that CO has told VR that whilst he was on the Rangers board he knew they were dishing out contracts to players that were nil and void and not recognised by the football authorities ?

Really ?

If VR knew the papers would have had a mystery letter years ago.

That assumes HMRC would make an unprecedented "time to pay" agreement though.

Meanwhile, penalties for alleged dodgy contracts?

Yes it does - the most infuriating thing about this is, unlike most businesses going into administration, RFC could so easily be made a highly profitable organisation. Hopefully that is sufficient for HMRC to think carefully about their approach.

The season tickets were sold for rangers, not rangers newco.

Dave

We've been through this a couple of times Dave, Ticketus hold legal title to tickets sold at Ibrox, not tickets sold by Rangers FC.

vintage1874

I wouldn't blame Vlad in any way if this scenario panned out from walking out on Hearts.

The game is a complete bogey.

The game is well and truly on it's knees. I agree it could well be the end for VR. A few weeks ago I would have thought great but given the way things have gone for Rangers under a new owner with no money not sure what the post VR era will hold for Hearts, as there does not appear to be a super rich Hearts fan willing to pump millions in the club.

Guest GhostHunter

Are you inferring that CO has told VR that whilst he was on the Rangers board he knew they were dishing out contracts to players that were nil and void and not recognised by the football authorities ?

Really ?

If VR knew the papers would have had a mystery letter years ago.

They did/do.

Your forgetting one vital cog - income.

Where will RFC see money coming into the business?

Not ticket sales, if reports are to be believed.

Remember - their support "does not do walking away". 40K season books at ?500 - ?20M.

Get them to run their club on an operating base equal to St Mirren!

vintage1874

surely the spl voting system should come into play here?, and they would surely be outdone by the voting system they wanted in place.

Dave

No it will be the spl board that will vote on the Rangers situation not individual clubs

Rudolf's Mate

Funny how Donkey can talk about possible expulsion from the SPL one day re undisclosed payments yet the next claim there is nothing to prevent a newco being voted right back in!

The Mighty Thor

We've been through this a couple of times Dave, Ticketus hold legal title to tickets sold at Ibrox, not tickets sold by Rangers FC.

Ah but Craig Whyte gave Ticketus his personal guarantee.

That's as good as cash in the bank. laugh.gif

Vlad-Stupid

Play the game Geoff, it's all about Rangers and what's best for them. Time to resume the position and get back to swallowing the big blue boaby in both ends.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Play the game Geoff, it's all about Rangers and what's best for them. Time to resume the position and get back to swallowing the big blue boaby in both ends.

Meet the new boaby, same as the old boaby.

Doncaster's desire for boaby knows no bounds.

Neil Doncaster seems to be saying.

Liquidate your club anytime you want and the SPL will be there to welcome you back.

Scottish football is donald ducked.

Neil Doncaster should resign.

We are the laughing stock of European football.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes it does - the most infuriating thing about this is, unlike most businesses going into administration, RFC could so easily be made a highly profitable organisation. Hopefully that is sufficient for HMRC to think carefully about their approach.

Hector, in this scenario, would have to assume that Rangers FC (in administration) maintained their turnover at present levels. Of course, a Rangers FC (in administration) that is miles behind Septic will maintain those turnover levels based on historic precedent. :rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Neil Doncaster seems to be saying.

Liquidate your club anytime you want and the SPL will be there to welcome you back.

Scottish football is donald ducked.

Neil Doncaster should resign.

We are the laughing stock of European football.

Doncaster will be hoist by his own petard though if the illegal contracts are proven.

UEFA and FIFA will be all over that like a rash.

Try Rule 14 Doncaster, you mutant!

Is there not scope to open up the vote to all member clubs given the seriousness of the issues being uncovered daily? Yet Doncaster was so, so quick tonight to say it was a board decision. And the board's make-up could have had any six clubs or so in it, really. It just so happens the vote will go Rangers way with only Celtic against largely down to the make up of the board.

Guest GhostHunter

Doncaster will be hoist by his own petard though if the illegal contracts are proven.

UEFA and FIFA will be all over that like a rash.

Blatter and Platini like the boaby too ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Blatter and Platini like the boaby too ?

Only G14 boaby. They are choosier! ;)

Drylaw Hearts

They did/do.

Excuse me for laughing....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If VR knew Rangers were cheating the rest of Scottish Football and HMRC yet chose to sit back and say nothing then he is a bigger idiot than I ever imagined.

But I don't believe he did.

Guest GhostHunter

Excuse me for laughing....

If VR knew Rangers were cheating the rest of Scottish Football and HMRC yet chose to sit back and say nothing then he is a bigger idiot than I ever imagined.

But I don't believe he did.

:teehee:

Remember - their support "does not do walking away". 40K season books at ?500 - ?20M.

Get them to run their club on an operating base equal to St Mirren!

....and of these 40k (very unlikely) season tickets, the first 25k are owned by Ticketus.

Jamboman1512

Meet the new boaby, same as the old boaby.

Doncaster's desire for boaby knows no bounds.

You think? They sold the Company shops and merchandising rights a few years ago. They mortgaged their next 4 years of ST sales for 24M that seems to have fallen down the back of the sofa or gone to pay off the overdraft...That basically leaves them with pay at the door ticket revenues and TV money. Neither of those will pay multi-million pound salaries if there is no guaranteed top 2 finish or European football...Apparently Ibrox has not been being maintained either and work is needed on the stadium - where is that to come from?

Rangers are in big trouble.

it's not doncaster, platini or blatter who would be feeling the girth of the boaby though. it's the supporters of all the clubs.

doncaster is basically a pimp. he's inflicting the big hoose boaby on us all whether we like it or not while he goes and boabies some other bugger.

Not so sure they are consigned to liquidation. Even on half their current income, they could be made to have a ?10M pa profit - and still operate on 2X the budget of everyone else bar Celtic.

Edited by Greenbank2

• Maple Leaf locked this topic