The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

please sack this rat faced ***** today!

then sign for usninja.gif

yas yas please now

tartofmidlothian

Joe O'Brien ? @Joe11OBrien

Ally McCoist is going to go down in history...as being the only manager to leave with fewer titles than when he started #rangers

:lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

See if they empty Jim Stewart, Id like him to return... Dunno if that's a bit unfair on whoever does the job at Hearts just now though. I was quite disappointed when he left for Rangers.

Port Vale due HMRC 1.25 million approx with a winding up order if not paid by the deadline. Nice to see the Tax-Man applying the same rules.

Damn, i keep forgetting about Rankgers history, sorry.

Will Robbie Williams step in to help?

tartofmidlothian

Fraser Glen ? @FraserGlen_

Rumours circulating that Southampton are after Wylde and West Ham want Celik. #Rangers

The Mighty Thor

Naismith will take a wage cut, can't see him leaving

His motor is still in the car park at Murray park. I saw it on Sky Sports News.

220px-AC_Invalid_Carriage_1976.JPG

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Naismith is one of those McCullochy uberhun types, he'll cry if he is launched... Hope the tramp gets launched.

tartofmidlothian

Alison Robbie ? @AlisonRobbie

Carlos Bocanegra has now left Murray Park for the day #Rangers

And to think Rangers had a seven-figure bidder lined up for Naismith before his 'unfortunate incident' at Pittodrie...

Stupid question, but will his wages not be covered by insurance policy any way?

tartofmidlothian

James McManus ? @kioskicon

Groups or individuals have 10 days to register interest in buying #Rangers according to the Administrators.

Whip round! :thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

they pay themselves first with whatever cash they can get their hands on.

Spot on. Regardless of what happens the administrators always get paid. It's the only cert of the process!

Stupid question, but will his wages not be covered by insurance policy any way?

nope, i dont think

Edited by dinger

tartofmidlothian

Davis will take pay cut can't see him leaving

Surely he'd walk into a lower EPL club.

weststand93

Carlos Bocanegra departs Murray Park for the evening. Other players leaving by back door

Radio Ga Ga

This thread is now a bit like the old Grandstand video printer (Magic) Keep the news feeds coming...

PS What is the record for the number of posts on a JKB thread ? this must have smashed it

Dont think he'll leave. Good servant to them. For the sake of staying another couple of months, he'll stay to be "one of the titans" who stayed put so he will be immortalized by the fans when they go bust. He's had a good wage everywhere he's been so i'm sure he'll get by another couple of months with less pay or worse.

Edited by spunkmeyer

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Did he not leave a Premiership club to go to Orclahoma in the first place... Cannae mind... If so then I would suggest he might be one of those very same McCullochy type uberhun folk that fantasise about Rangers actually being some kind of big deal in world footballing terms.... Maybe by the end of all this these sorts will actually live in the real world with the rest of us again, who knows.

jamboinglasgow

Its like the hokey cokey at Murray Park. Lafferty goes in, Davies goes out, in out, in out...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Its like the hokey cokey at Murray Park. Lafferty goes in, Davies goes out, in out, in out...

Arf.

Francis Albert

So they obviously have a lot of faith in their union representative getting the best deal for them :whistling:

Fraser Wishart certainly seems to be struggling here, unlike in the Hearts wages case when all he had to do was gather some complaints and tell a very receptive SPL to do what he wanted them to do. His "we've offered a package that meets the administrators' objectives" doesn't seem to have done the trick. I think it's the administrators (even hopefully these administrators) who decide what meets their objectives, Fraser.

Rick Grimes

Duff & Phelps

Statlerandwaldorf.JPG

Bunch of wallopers.

Steady, man. Waldorf & Statler are brilliant.

Scott Burns of Daily Express: #rangers Gregg Wylde has not walked away from contract. He is waiting 2 b made redundant. He won't take a penny but needs to be redundant so he can move outside of the window. If he gets FIFA dispensation.

tartofmidlothian

Matt Le Tissier ? @MattLeTissier1

Just read the rangers situation. Le Tiss will step up and play for a crate of red stripe and half of McGregors glasgow ###### #rangers

Not the real Le Tiss, I suspect :lol:

The edited word starts with 'f', by the way.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

STV understands Rangers players are close to agreeing a pay cut deal which would prevent redundancies

Doctor FinnBarr

This thread is now a bit like the old Grandstand video printer (Magic) Keep the news feeds coming...

PS What is the record for the number of posts on a JKB thread ? this must have smashed it

"Where is this"?

:woot:

STV understands Rangers players are close to agreeing a pay cut deal which would prevent redundancies

What a farce.

BBC: 'substantial progress' made between players and #Rangers administrators. Working towards substantial wage cuts.

portobellojambo1

For all those saying the higher earners will take huge pay cuts, I just cannot see that happening. You tend to live your life according to your means, and I'd imagine there are few on this board earning ?28,000. For some earning say ?400 (net) per week, I would imagine that after all the monthly have to pays have been paid they would be doing well to have ?400 left for personal use over the month.

Similarly someone earning ?28,000, ?25,000, ?20,000 a week will be spending accordingly, and may well be tied into arrangements which mean quite simply they cannot afford to go to ?7,000, ?,6.250 or ?5,000 a week, because their outgoings wouldn't reduce accordingly.

It is fine and dandy to say they have to keep the club ticking over player wise to the end of the season, but at this time they have nothing to lose by releasing the high earners other than possibly adding a few million to the pot to be dished out when the shit hits the fan. They cannot win any of the competitions they are still in, and playing for pride shouldn't cut it with the administrators. And lets not forget Rangers are now in the exact same position as we were during the transfer window. Other clubs will know their situation, and if for example Rangers value someone like McGregor at say ?8 million, I think they would be looking at offers in the region of ?1-?1.5 million (why pay the full whack when you know the selling club id desperate for cash) maximum come the end of the season.

I think they have a choice at this point in time and that is save the players or save the club. In either scenario I think it will only be temporary anyway, as getting out of administration is minor in comparison to what is yet to come.Two voluntary redundancies has created only a minor dent in the ?1million a month savings, and by trying to save the players they could sink themselves before being sunk by someone else.

Edited by portobellojambo1

CavySlaveJambo

Port Vale due HMRC 1.25 million approx with a winding up order if not paid by the deadline. Nice to see the Tax-Man applying the same rules.

Damn, i keep forgetting about Rankgers history, sorry.

Port Vale are heading into administration, awaiting on court's decision on the application courtesy of Stoke on Trent City Council

BBC - If deal, which is close, can be struck there are not expected to be any further player redundancies for now.

Chaka Demus & pliers

These players are thick as shit and don't live in the real world. I reckon they thought that they could get the administrators to back down by not agreeing to the deal on offer.

They've now realised that they don't hold the power in this situation and have had to back down themselves.

Jambof3tornado

So administrators threaten lay offs,players dont believe them,then realise they are serious and now want to talk about pay cuts!!!

Tick tock

Lochend Brazil

Even though we are fairly skint. I see this as a good chance for us to reclaim some of the Wallace money through bringing one or two of their better young players on board. Unofficially what is stoping Hearts writing of say a 100g by bringing in a player that Rangers deem as an asset but cant afford i.e Jamie Ness. They are known for their cloak and dagger deals. They release the player with the understanding that he signs for us and we renogotiate the Wallace debt. Plus his current salary will not been much higher than say our first team youth players.

Thoughts?!

Vlad-Stupid

Even though we are fairly skint. I see this as a good chance for us to reclaim some of the Wallace money through bringing one or two of their better young players on board. Unofficially what is stoping Hearts writing of say a 100g by bringing in a player that Rangers deem as an asset but cant afford i.e Jamie Ness. They are known for their cloak and dagger deals. They release the player with the understanding that he signs for us and we renogotiate the Wallace debt. Plus his current salary will not been much higher than say our first team youth players.

Thoughts?!

Seems legit

Chaka Demus & pliers

Thoughts?!

Na

The Mighty Thor

Perhaps i'm being incredibly thick here, but.....

I thought the need to save ?1m a month was just to bring expenses in line with income between now and the end of the season?

So all this wage cut negotiation is still not going to adress any of the huge amounts of pie & mash owed to all and sundry?

So when do they start to pay back what they owe?

Its a pity that celtic won the league in 2006,if it had been rangers and they get stripped of their title it would have then made HEARTS the winners thumbsup.gif

• Maple Leaf locked this topic