The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

As I understand it, in administration the only redundancy package payable is payable from national insurance and for a footballer is based on 1 week statutory for every year of employment for those 22 or over and 1/2 a week for those under 22. Periods when the employee was under 18 are not counted. In addition, you need to have been employed for at least 2 years. The amount is capped at ?430 per year.

This would suggest that someone like Wylde would be entitled to a maximum of ?430 and Celik nothing. I don't know how long many of the players have been at Ibrox, but any redundancy payment is unlikely to be more than a couple of thousand for the vast majority of them.

What happens if you dont pay national insurance? ninja.gif

Maroonblood22

Do not open unless you want to see Ibrox with a big jobby in it

41036762127.jpg

Haha! I proper lol'd there, superb effort sir, superb! :thumbsup:

colinmaroon

You get a job as Rangers' chairman!

132goals1958

The players will have had NI & tax deducted at source, which I think will entitle them to the statutory payment. Their employers have just held it on their behalf and failed to hand it over.

Only words i'll be happy with are "Rangers FC are closed" until then i'll not get my hopes up to much.

Hugh has a different take on Gregg Wylde's offer to go of his own volition: "Enough with this 'good old Gregg Wylde' nonsense. His agent's clearly been busy, he's obviously got a new club already, yet is claiming to have acted magnanimously in the interests of Rangers. It's nonsense and I might remind the boy of the words of his manager 'we don't do walking away'.

laugh.gif

Jumped before he was pushed! whistling.gif

Sean Graham wonders: "Could Rangers' sell out crowds be down to the number of scouts going to their games?"

:yas:

WE WERE PROMISED BLOOD TODAY

:sob:

Feel a bit let down tbh

Sums up my feelings too. Been refreshing this and Twitter since just before Wylde left, getting a bit frustrated now :(

Sums up my feelings too. Been refreshing this and Twitter since just before Wylde left, getting a bit frustrated now :(

Another day another nothing happening...

This has been a farce since day 1.. If it was any other team all the players would have been sacked and had to re-apply for their jobs.

I say team.. I also mean any company..

The courts should get involved and appoint neutral administrators.

Edited by Bigsmak

Jambof3tornado

If the shortfall is ?1m a month and the 2 that have gone saves ?48k a month there are loads more to exit.

Patience is a virtue.

Riddley Walker

I'm getting a bit bored of sitting refreshing every media outlet I know in the hope that more of these people will be made redundant and their families temporarily ruined and insecure.

I've had a good day though.

If the shortfall is ?1m a month and the 2 that have gone saves ?48k a month there are loads more to exit.

Patience is a virtue.

Shame I have none whatsoever :(

Getintaethem

Rangers attendance v Killie :51,000

Rangers attendance v Hearts :47,000

Proof that at least 4,000 of them DO "do walking away". :whistling:

Jamboman1512

I'm getting a bit bored of sitting refreshing every media outlet I know in the hope that more of these people will be made redundant and their families temporarily ruined and insecure.

I've had a good day though.

I'm going to have to hire someone to refresh as my hands are starting to hurt :verymad:

Ok while we are waiting, this should keep you all amused:

Absolutely fecking fabulous :lol:

Thanks. I was getting bored

Im bored waiting on Steve Davis getting emptied and trotting along to Ricarton to sign...

winningways

Rangers attendance v Killie :51,000

Rangers attendance v Hearts :47,000

Proof that at least 4,000 of them DO "do walking away". :whistling:

Or was the crowd under declared to save some tax ?

BBC Chris McLaughlin: players now negotiating individually with #Rangers administrators. Some close to agreement.

The Mighty Thor

Or was the crowd under declared to save some tax ?

That would imply that der Hun has any intentions of actually paying tax. Currently their tax saving is 100%

marshallschunkychicken

BBC Chris McLaughlin: players now negotiating individually with #Rangers administrators. Some close to agreement.

Considering how this has panned out so far, they'll probably all come out with pay rises.

Guest GhostHunter

Greg Wylde

:silviodamn:

:hartley:

Alwaysinourshadows

An agreement on a wage cut or being released?

The Mighty Thor

It sounds like the players have called the administrators into their office.

I wonder who they'll let go? Clark or Whitehouse?

Fxxx the SPFL

This getting more like a Laurel and Hardy script what a joke the administrators should be instructed to come out and say what is going on, players should have been binned from day one 'Rangers still cheating':verymad:

Alwaysinourshadows

Apparently wylde was due a wage rise if he played 2 more games, so that's why he hasn't been playing and probably why he asked to leave if he wasn't going to get a game

Considering how this has panned out so far, they'll probably all come out with pay rises.

:D

Hmmm - are negotiations for salaries actually part of the "Administrators" (sic) remit ?

I don't think it will be for salaries, a lot of the players want to be released at this time. Compo or no compo will be the discussions imo.

jamboinglasgow

It sounds like the players have called the administrators into their office.

I wonder who they'll let go? Clark or Whitehouse?

It reads to me they call the player in, say do you want to accept a 70% wage cut? If players says no tell him he is now redundant. Simple, either way you get the job done of reducing costs.

#Rangers administrators still hopeful of media conf tonight. Progress being made on wage cut discussions I believe.

Back in action?

KYLE BARTLEY IN "FORGETTING TOOTHBRUSH SO JUST NIPPING BACK TO GET IT" SHOCKER

cont. p.94

• Maple Leaf locked this topic