The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

babertonjambo

If they were fake why would the account be suspended?

If they were fake why woul the named care?

Why wouldn't Doncaster et al not just come out and say "they're fake because its obviously not true"

But they don't. Instead accounts are suspended.

You get the feeling that at some point soon the lid is going to blow off on all of this in spectacular fashion!

I'd like to think that the lack of denials proved the veracity of the leaks but it's more likely those involved have been told to keep schtum either way. Intermittent denials would just make it easy to work out which were true, constant denials might make someone a liar...

I'd like to think that the lack of denials proved the veracity of the leaks but it's more likely those involved have been told to keep schtum either way. Intermittent denials would just make it easy to work out which were true, constant denials might make someone a liar...

Is your first name Hercule?

jack D and coke

You get the feeling that at some point soon the lid is going to blow off on all of this in spectacular fashion!

It won't I don't think. Haven't you seen all the people coming on this thread saying it should be closed and we should all just forget about it, brush it under the carpet, let them think they're still Rangers and let them get back to pumping us all again?

Phil D. Corners

If they were fake why would the account be suspended?

If they were fake why woul the named care?

Why wouldn't Doncaster et al not just come out and say "they're fake because its obviously not true"

But they don't. Instead accounts are suspended.

If somebody was posting lies (or anything personal) about me on twitter, I would have the account shutdown too.

Personally I think a lot of the stuff is made up. I'm sure plenty of journalists get tips from 'inside people' for the stories, but go and get the facts to protect their source. If stuff was true I'm sure journalists would be looking for the facts behind the CF leaks and getting a Leveson approved story.

If somebody was posting lies (or anything personal) about me on twitter, I would have the account shutdown too.

Personally I think a lot of the stuff is made up. I'm sure plenty of journalists get tips from 'inside people' for the stories, but go and get the facts to protect their source. If stuff was true I'm sure journalists would be looking for the facts behind the CF leaks and getting a Leveson approved story.

If somebody was posting lies about me to this magnitude and I was someone of the prominence of Doncaster, Regan or Green etc then I wouldn't bother shutting down a twitter account because they'd just come back as a new alias as CF has done a number of times.

I'd look to established methods of the law and have them challenged. Like slander for example. If they really wanted they could lodge a complaint and have authorities find out who they were (IP addresses and the like) and challenge them in the confidence that fake accusations will fault and wilter with no legit evidence.

If I were Doncaster, Regan or Green etc and I were completely innocent and these leaks were forged lies I would be confident I could easily prove otherwise with the production of any form of paperwork to show the 'truth'.

If CF postings were all forgeries and lies it would surely be easy to discredit and dismiss. But nothing. No defence. No comment. Just gagging from anonymous individuals.

When gagging occurs history has taught us that it is because what is being said is an uncomfortable truth.

You are correct in the journalistic process of finding evidence to back up the leak but I believe there is not the will to do that, and indeed the instruction not to do that.

I believe the scenario that exists and the consequences for Scottish Football if these leaks are true are so devastating that it has been decided an ignore policy is best adopted in the hope it will all just go away and be forgotten in time because to challenge the leaks and claims would expose the uncomfortable truth.

If somebody was posting lies about me to this magnitude and I was someone of the prominence of Doncaster, Regan or Green etc then I wouldn't bother shutting down a twitter account because they'd just come back as a new alias as CF has done a number of times.

I'd look to established methods of the law and have them challenged. Like slander for example. If they really wanted they could lodge a complaint and have authorities find out who they were (IP addresses and the like) and challenge them in the confidence that fake accusations will fault and wilter with no legit evidence.

If I were Doncaster, Regan or Green etc and I were completely innocent and these leaks were forged lies I would be confident I could easily prove otherwise with the production of any form of paperwork to show the 'truth'.

If CF postings were all forgeries and lies it would surely be easy to discredit and dismiss. But nothing. No defence. No comment. Just gagging from anonymous individuals.

When gagging occurs history has taught us that it is because what is being said is an uncomfortable truth.

You are correct in the journalistic process of finding evidence to back up the leak but I believe there is not the will to do that, and indeed the instruction not to do that.

I believe the scenario that exists and the consequences for Scottish Football if these leaks are true are so devastating that it has been decided an ignore policy is best adopted in the hope it will all just go away and be forgotten in time because to challenge the leaks and claims would expose the uncomfortable truth.

And this is one of the biggest outrages of the whole affair that the people in charge of protecting our game are willing to so this.

And also, despite the protestations of some posters on here, it's one of the main reasons this thread and others on other supporter message boards are absolutely necessary.

Edited by Samster

Francis Albert

And this is one of the biggest outrages of the whole affair that the people in charge of protecting our game are willing to so this.

And also, despite the protestations of some posters on here, it's one of the main reasons this thread and others on other supporter message boards are absolutely necessary.

I think the conduct of the SFA and SPL is the biggest outrage by far. There are a number of things that need to happen before this and similar threads close. One is an independent investigation into how the SFA and SPL allowed Rangers to field players who were not properly registered for over a decade. If Regan and Doncaster had a shred of respect for the integrity of Scottish football and they had nothing to hide, this would have been set up long ago.

Francis Albert. I agree 100%. When we are sorted and are shareholders we will have the power to push for this. Why the clubs of Scotland have tolerated the grand scale cheating is beyond me. Time for change. Fan ownership in clubs should also mean pushing for a fan powered democratic sfa and spfl.

Franco Fascione

Wow. Is this thread still going? Hearts fans obsessed with Rangers/The Rangers.

Bloody embarrassing.

Shut this crap down or move it to some sub sub sub sub of a sub-forum.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/249408-rangers-appoint-graham-wallace-as-the-clubs-new-chief-executive/

Rangers have appointed a new chief executive less than a month before a vital annual general meeting.

Former Manchester City chief operating officer was revealed as the new chief executive of Rangers International Football Club plc in an announcement to the London Stock Exchange on Wednesday morning.

The 52-year-old spent four years at Manchester City, before leaving his role in January. This followed on from serving directorships with TV companies MTV, Viacom and Tiger Aspect.

His appointment comes after Craig Mather resigned from the role in October having spent six months in the post since the departure of Charles Green in April amid revelations surrounding his dealings with former oldco owner Craig Whyte.

Mr Wallace, who also previously had a role with IMG Media, will take up his position immediately but will have to be re-appointed at the annual general meeting, which is scheduled to finally be held on December 18.

In a statement released by the club, he said: "I am honoured to have been selected as CEO of Rangers. I am looking forward to meeting the challenges and leading the club to ensure that its off-pitch success matches the performance of the team.

"I am delighted to join Rangers Football Club as chief executive as the club continues its journey back to the pinnacle of the game in Scotland and beyond. For more than 140 years, this club has been recognised throughout world football and whilst the last few years have been distressing, there is no reason why Rangers cannot be even stronger than we once were before these challenges presented themselves.

"That strength will be built upon strong leadership of the club and the continuing support of the fans. I watched from afar as the Rangers support came to the club?s aid during the times of turmoil and now it is the turn of the board and management to provide the stability and governance to drive Rangers? recovery forward and ensure further football success. I am genuinely delighted to join this wonderful club as we look to build a successful future."

Mr Wallace joins recently appointed David Somers on the board at Ibrox, alongside finance director Brian Stockbridge, non-executive member James Easdale and latest board appointment Norman Crighton, who the company said would head an "investment committee".

Mr Somers said Mr Wallace?s appointment is the result of "a thorough and independent selection process".

He added: "We are delighted to welcome Graham to the Board. Graham's previous success and his strong financial background in football will be beneficial to lead Rangers to continued future success."

It comes after Dundee Football Club chief executive Scot Gardiner turned down the Ibrox job after he was approached by a headhunter acting on behalf of Rangers.

Rangers International's first annual general meeting is likely to see a long-running boardroom battle come to a head after rebel shareholders, including ex-chairman Malcolm Murray and former oldco director Paul Murray, blocked the current regime's attempt to hold one previously.

They successfully postponed the annual general meeting through a Court of Session action as Rangers International attempted to avoid having to consider their motions to appoint the Murrays, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson as directors

Geoff Kilpatrick

So appointing a new chairman and CEO as the money continues to flow out. Hope they keep networking for their own sakes.

I wonder how long it will take before someone finds a link to Whyte and/or Green and/or tax evasion ...

Footballfirst

I wonder how long it will take before someone finds a link to Whyte and/or Green and/or tax evasion ...

No need to find a link. He is perfectly suited to the role with his experience as Chief Operating Officer at Man City. A club with the biggest operating losses in the EPL.

plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me chose

Footballfirst

Big share deal today 3.3M shares for ?1.365M

Date 20-Nov-13

Time 12:59:00

Trade Prc 41.00

Volume 3,328,672

Buy/Sell Sell*

Bid 41.00

Ask 41.50

Value 1.365M

Big share deal today 3.3M shares for ?1.365M

Date 20-Nov-13

Time 12:59:00

Trade Prc 41.00

Volume 3,328,672

Buy/Sell Sell*

Bid 41.00

Ask 41.50

Value 1.365M

Any names of who bought and sold?

Footballfirst

Any names of who bought and sold?

Not yet, but given that the no of shares involved is in excess of 3%, then the information will have to be disclosed to AIM be close of business tomorrow.

There are only four recorded holdings of more than 3%, so it should involve one of these as a seller, unless another party has been gathering up all available free shares for several weeks and has only completed a purchase today.

Artemis

Hargreaves Hale

Laxey Partners

Blue Pitch Holdings

...a bit disco

Meanwhile, in Comedy Corner...

'Vanguard Bears are disappointed but not surprised that the Scottish Football Association compliance officer, Vincent Lunny, is once again selective in the execution of his duties by failing to cite Celtic FC CEO Peter Lawwell.

Mr Lawwell, in his joint role of Celtic CEO and member of the SFA Gaming Board, has brought the game into disrepute with his unnecessary and inflammatory remarks and, to date, has failed to offer an apology for his slur against the world's most successful domestic football club, Rangers FC.

It is the opinion of Vanguard Bears that Mr. Lawwell's position within the SFA is untenable and that he should resign with immediate effect.'

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=137&a=vb-calls-for-peter-lawwell-to-resign-from-sfa

'has brought the game into disrepute with his unnecessary and inflammatory remarks'

Oh, the irony!

:biggrin:

Footballfirst

It seems that the SPFL are skint and wish to pursue TRFC for fines totaling ?250K, levied on the oldco. This relates to the fabled 5-way agreement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25023927

Extract from the "Charlotte Fakes" leaked 5-Way agreement

2. AGREEMENTS AND UNDERTAKINGS FROM AND WITH RFC AND SEVCO AND COMPLETION

RFC and Sevco agreement with the SFA, SPL and SFL and Sevco undertakings to the SFA, SPL and SFL

2.1 The SPL, Sevco and RFC hereby agree that on Completion Sevco shall, other than with respect to the CW Exempt Acts, become liable and responsible for the purpose of imposition of sanctions by the SPL for any and all acts and/or omissions of RFC and/or Rangers FC which predated Completion including the CW Enduring Acts and which caused, resulted in, contributed or led to a breach of or failure to fulfil any provision or provisions of the SPL Articles and/or the SPL Rules by RFC and/or Rangers FC as if, for that purpose, such acts and/or omissions had occurred at a time when Sevco was the owner and holder of the RFC Share and Rangers FC had been owned and operated by Sevco and Sevco had been a full member of the SFA.

It seems that the SPFL are skint and wish to pursue TRFC for fines totaling ?250K, levied on the oldco. This relates to the fabled 5-way agreement

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25023927

Extract from the "Charlotte Fakes" leaked 5-Way agreement

2. AGREEMENTS AND UNDERTAKINGS FROM AND WITH RFC AND SEVCO AND COMPLETION

RFC and Sevco agreement with the SFA, SPL and SFL and Sevco undertakings to the SFA, SPL and SFL

2.1 The SPL, Sevco and RFC hereby agree that on Completion Sevco shall, other than with respect to the CW Exempt Acts, become liable and responsible for the purpose of imposition of sanctions by the SPL for any and all acts and/or omissions of RFC and/or Rangers FC which predated Completion including the CW Enduring Acts and which caused, resulted in, contributed or led to a breach of or failure to fulfil any provision or provisions of the SPL Articles and/or the SPL Rules by RFC and/or Rangers FC as if, for that purpose, such acts and/or omissions had occurred at a time when Sevco was the owner and holder of the RFC Share and Rangers FC had been owned and operated by Sevco and Sevco had been a full member of the SFA.

Looking like Charlotte's recent tweets are spot on then. How the hell did Doncaster manage to get a such a big payrise and bonus! He will even get another bonus if he manages to find a sponsor for the top league. Both the SFA and SPFL need a clearout of piss takers.

Francis Albert

Looking like Charlotte's recent tweets are spot on then. How the hell did Doncaster manage to get a such a big payrise and bonus! He will even get another bonus if he manages to find a sponsor for the top league. Both the SFA and SPFL need a clearout of piss takers.

Never understood why highly paid people get bonuses for doing their job well ... let alone for doing it badly!

Charlie-Brown

These Charlatans need to be run out of town, one of the first acts the Foundation should undertake to protect Hearts best interests is to instigate proposals for the removal of these stooges that run the SFA & SPL

Never understood why highly paid people get bonuses for doing their job well ... let alone for doing it badly!

you could ask their employers which would be the clubs.

Not yet, but given that the no of shares involved is in excess of 3%, then the information will have to be disclosed to AIM be close of business tomorrow.

There are only four recorded holdings of more than 3%, so it should involve one of these as a seller, unless another party has been gathering up all available free shares for several weeks and has only completed a purchase today.

Artemis

Hargreaves Hale

Laxey Partners

Blue Pitch Holdings

Blue Pitch Holdings running for cover as the AGM looms large and the possibility of Whyte being exposed. Only a theory mind.

Footballfirst

Blue Pitch Holdings running for cover as the AGM looms large and the possibility of Whyte being exposed. Only a theory mind.

I was wrong to say that there were only 4 with more that 3%, there are in fact 9 with more than 3%. There are only four who hold in excess of the amount that was traded today.

Whoever has sold that number of shares could be on either side of the current boardroom battles. If it is Blue Pitch or Laxey, then it is a sign that the Spiv's are cashing in. If it is Artemis or Hargreave, then it is a sign that the requisitioners will lose their bid to join the board.

Edited by Footballfirst

Cairneyhill Jambo

They could pay it out of the money they saved in the forced discounted settlements over Wallace and Templeton.

If I remember correctly, we weren't forced to accept the discounted settlement. Romanov needed cash to fill his holdall before disappearing of the face of the earth.

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

Footballfirst

It seems that it was Laxey Partners who bought the shares. They now own 11.64% of the club, but who sold the shares to them?

http://www.londonsto...mentId=11781954

Laxey are also entitled to receive another 714k shares from Charles Green by 19th Dec as per the share transfer agreement made in October 2012. (this was to compensate Laxey for having bought shares at ?1, but the IPO price was only ?0.70)

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Are Laxey in the 'spiv' camp?

It's not clear what camp they are in, but I would consider them as Spivs in their own right.

Here's some background reading on them from a Rangers viewpoint back in August.

They are on record as saying that they would vote along with the fans view when the boardroom changes first surfaced, whatever that actually means.

Hagar the Horrible

Are Laxey in the 'spiv' camp?

They might be But Colin Kingsnorth, name is an anagram of "Host orc king nil", just sayin, just sayin

It's not clear what camp they are in, but I would consider them as Spivs in their own right.

They are on record as saying that they would vote along with the fans view when the boardroom changes first surfaced, whatever that actually means.

Makes for interesting reading. And the comments below!

Seems very much in the Spiv camp. Having had previous dealings with Green I wouldn't be surprised if they were bought on behalf or as part of the spin group to stop 'The Blue Knights' gaining too much support.

The Spiv game has not ended as there is still a bit of money still to plunder and ultimately the assets need a buyer found. Once they can be sold then I believe the Spivs will vanish reaping the very last pay day.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=673311989364769&id=226294657399840

Read the Facebook article then read the fans comments below, I strangely, feel sorry for them, these Spivs make Hannibal Lector look like a nice guy.

Rangers have announced that the purchase of more then three million shares on Wednesday was by Laxey Partners Limited.

It makes the Isle of Man-based hedge fund the largest shareholder in Rangers International Football Club plc with 11.64%.

Laxey's deal cost in the region of ?1.3m at market value.

The significance of the deal will be felt at next month's annual general meeting, where a crucial vote is due.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25038777

Footballfirst

Here is the link between Laxey and the recently appointed non exec director Norman Crighton

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/248525-norman-crighton-appointed-rangers-investment-committee-director/

Mr Crighton, who does not currently hold any shares in Rangers International, was a senior vice president at financial management firm Merrill Lynch between 1994 and 1999, Rangers said, while he has non-executive roles at several publicly listed companies including environmental investor Trading Emissions PLC and technology investment firm Private Equity Investor PLC.

He was appointed to Private Equity Investor to replace non-executive director Colin Kingsnorth, who founded and runs the Isle of Man hedge fund Laxey Partners Limited, which owns a 6.53% stake in Rangers. Laxey has previously indicated it would vote in line with the fans when it came to the annual general meeting appointments, while it owns a 13.2% stake in Private Equity Investor.

At Trading Emissions plc, he also sits on the board alongside another Laxey director, Christopher Agar, although it is not known if his appointment at Rangers is related to his association with the hedge fund.

They will vote in support of the current board.

Cheers, so that'll be another obstacle for McColl and Murray!

I'm losing track here, what side are Laxey on?

They like many at 'Rangers' are on the side of money.........whatever makes them money that is.

As they had an agreement with Green it seems they are for the present administration of the club.

Edited by CJGJ

Footballfirst

By my calculations the Easdales hold voting rights over 24.3%, you can probably add Laxey's 11.64%, Richard Hughes (Zeus), 3.4%, Insight Investment 2.9%, Green's residual 1.1%, Norne Ansalt 1.8% Craig Mather 2.8%, McCoist 1.5% (he can't vote against his employer unless he wants sacked) That's just under 50% assuming that Laxey's recent purchase didn't come from those named, otherwise it will be down to 45%.

The McColl group probably have Artemis 8.4%, Hargreave Hale 7.1%, Mike Ashley 4.6%, Miton 4.1% Cazenove 3.8%, Legal & General 3.1%. That's around 31%

It's still in the balance but I think the Spivs are winning.

Edited by Footballfirst

I'm losing track here, what side are Laxey on?

They will vote in support of the current board.

That's a direct contradiction of what they've said:

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/236617-laxey-partners-says-it-will-support-rangers-general-meeting-notice/

From August 19th...

A firm investing in Rangers has announced it will vote in favour of removing directors as it has increased its stake in the club....

Colin Kingsnorth, who is one of the founders of Laxey Partners, confirmed the firm's voting intentions. He told STV on Monday: "We are going to support the supporters? clubs wish on votes which we believe is to change the board at the moment."

I think you might need to re-compute your calculations...

By my calculations the Easdales hold voting rights over 23.8%, you can probably add Laxey's 11.64%, Richard Hughes (Zeus), 3.4%, Insight Investment 2.9%, Green's residual 1.1%, Norne Ansalt 1.8% Craig Mather 2.8%, McCoist 1.5% (he can't vote against his employer unless he wants sacked) That's around 49% assuming that Laxey's recent purchase didn't come from those named, otherwise it will be down to 44%.

The McColl group probably have Artemis 8.4%, Hargreave Hale 7.1%, Mike Ashley 4.6%, Miton 4.1% Cazenove 3.8%, Legal & General 3.1%. That's around 31%

It's still in the balance but I think the Spivs are winning.

Footballfirst

That's a direct contradiction of what they've said:

http://news.stv.tv/w...meeting-notice/

From August 19th...

A firm investing in Rangers has announced it will vote in favour of removing directors as it has increased its stake in the club....

Colin Kingsnorth, who is one of the founders of Laxey Partners, confirmed the firm's voting intentions. He told STV on Monday: "We are going to support the supporters? clubs wish on votes which we believe is to change the board at the moment."

I think you might need to re-compute your calculations...

Laxey's now have someone on the current board in Norman Crighton who has links to Laxey directors Kingsnorth and Ager.

Since the date of the article you quote, Smith, Mather, Hart and Smart have all left the Board.

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug 1h

Lots of speculation about who Laxey will support at upcoming #Rangers AGM. Expect them to announce they support current board.

You pays your money and you take your chances.

It just my opinion so you will just have to live with it.

Edited by Footballfirst

Laxey's now have someone on the current board in Norman Crighton who has links to Laxey directors Kingsnorth and Ager.

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug 1h

Lots of speculation about who Laxey will support at upcoming #Rangers AGM. Expect them to announce they support current board.

You pays your money and you take your chances.

It just my opinion so you will just have to live with it.

Fair enough. If they've got "their man" on the board maybe that will change their tune, but they could still vote to root out the odd individual - like uber-spiv Stockbridge.

Remember the source of all McLaughlin's "inside" info at Rangers? Jack Irvine, who's doing the current regimes smoke and mirrors.

A very good reason to be skeptical of what mclaughlin comes up with regarding this issue.

edit: haha... fast moving story!

Rangers' largest shareholder pledges support to current board

Laxey Partners increased its stake in Rangers to 11.64% on Wednesday....

Edited by bryce9a

• Maple Leaf locked this topic