The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

"The requisitioners" has a wonderful ring to it. Sounds like a breakaway protestant sect after the reformation.

I always think they should have the a-team theme tune after they are announced

Shanks said no

Can I ask ? if Craig Whyte is declared bankrupt, does he therefore declare his assets, namely all "the deeds" and these then go to the highest bidder. Am I typing nonsense?

Apparently "the judge will give his ruling at a later date".

So I guess all will be quiet until then.

Apparently "the judge will give his ruling at a later date".

So I guess all will be quiet until then.

Ruling ... to which enquiry?

I've lost track, and there have been a couple which started but we never heard of again.

Footballfirst

Ruling ... to which enquiry?

I've lost track, and there have been a couple which started but we never heard of again.

The last time he was in court was a week ago to appeal against the ?17M awarded against him in favour of Ticketus

Edited by Footballfirst

The last time he was in court was a week ago to appeal against the ?17M awarded against him in favour of Ticketus

Ah yes. Wasn't there an SFA investigation into something about a year ago, which never reported at all ?

Seymour M Hersh

Well I watched that and now understand that the big plan is to take the moral high ground,get involved in all the committees in Scottish football, set the agenda of these same committees, hit back hard at all those who have done/do them wrong,................ "our day will come"

A couple of clumpany references too and I think Nacho says "get rid of the cancer in the club" but I hae my doubts

Just staggering there seemed to be a general acceptance that they had been robbed blind but they will magically just resume their rightful place seemlessly as soon as they sort it all out

1. How very IRA of them

2. They will. The authorities cannot get the fekkers back at the top table quick enough. That's why the game in Scotland is a bogey.

Footballfirst

Ah yes. Wasn't there an SFA investigation into something about a year ago, which never reported at all ?

The previous one was the Pinsent Masons' report into links between Whyte and Green. The SFA were content to rely on the "independent" report commissioned by RIFC which has not been published. Indeed it seems likely that the SFA was only ever provided with an extract of the report, saying that to the best of their knowledge that that Whyte had no links to Sevco Scotland (PM didn't even interview Whyte or Green).

1. How very IRA of them

2. They will. The authorities cannot get the fekkers back at the top table quick enough. That's why the game in Scotland is a bogey.

Do you think that when (all things going well) we are fan owed we can throw a spanner in the works?

Do you think that when (all things going well) we are fan owed we can throw a spanner in the works?

All Association boards/committees in Scotland really need to be rotated every two years. We need to keep the game fresh and moving not with the same faces looking after themselves/their teams.

All Association boards/committees in Scotland really need to be rotated every two years. We need to keep the game fresh and moving not with the same faces looking after themselves/their teams.

Good idea, but I can't see them agreeing to that.

We have the people that are looking after Scottish football, keeping in place the agenda no matter what the cost, of people that want out of Scottish football.The game is indeed a bogy.

The previous one was the Pinsent Masons' report into links between Whyte and Green. The SFA were content to rely on the "independent" report commissioned by RIFC which has not been published. Indeed it seems likely that the SFA was only ever provided with an extract of the report, saying that to the best of their knowledge that that Whyte had no links to Sevco Scotland (PM didn't even interview Whyte or Green).

I still think there was another ...

I still think there was another ...

Was there not one put on hold pending a police inquiry, or is my memory playing tricks..? :unsure:

Was there not one put on hold pending a police inquiry, or is my memory playing tricks..? :unsure:

... now we're getting somewhere ...

Footballfirst

David Somers speaks (a.k.a Jack Irvine?)

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5759-an-open-letter-from-the-chairman

Friday, 06 December 2013 13:30

An Open Letter From The Chairman

AS a listed company, the members of the Rangers Board have to be very careful and professional in the way in which we communicate information. This is clearly not the case for the requisitioners, who can make all sorts of wild and spurious allegations.My concern is that these unprofessional, wild allegations are being used just like bogey men were used when I was a child. But in this case, they are being used to frighten our supporters and shareholders. So, within the bounds of what I can say, I would like to put some of these bogey men to rest.

Firstly, I read wild accusations that I may not be independent. This is usually accompanied by a list of names from the club?s past. Let me say categorically, that until I joined the Board a mere 4 weeks ago yesterday, I had never heard of Charles Green, Imran Ahmad, Craig Whyte, or any of the other characters in Rangers? history. To my knowledge, I have never met them, nor had business dealings with them. Nor would I recognise them if I passed them on a street.

When I was approached to join the Board, the Company had only two directors and the immediate priority was to preserve the AIM Listing. Surely it is na?ve to think that there is any way the Nominated Adviser could have allowed anyone not totally independent to take on this position at that time?

I have now read over two years of board minutes and they make very depressing reading in terms of the scale of their lack of professionalism and worse. The minutes make it clear, in my mind, that the boards of recent years have been totally unfit to run this club.

The mystery to me is why people should now be considering that members of these boards, which presided over the problems we face today, should be considered for re-election. Although I have learned one lesson, which is that if you shout long enough and loud enough in the media, you may be able to reinvent yourself.

Recent inaccurate and, in fact, completely untrue allegations have included a new bogey man about Jack Irvine?s contract. I have looked at this and can say that he has a normal contract, with no bonuses attached and the figures quoted by Mr Scott Murdoch are utter nonsense. Let me also say that Graham Wallace and I are beginning a complete review of every contract that is in place. You can imagine that this is going to take weeks and then more time where contracts need to be changed. I have been on board four weeks yesterday and Graham less than that, but we have already begun this critical process.

One area, where we are conscious that we need to focus, is in improving our communication and engagement with all Rangers supporters. We have already commenced work to identify what is required to fully engage with our fan base and we will be bringing forward some significant proposals in the near future. The Board is fully behind improving the communication and engagement with the fans.

Another bogey man relates to the club?s finances. We have said publicly a number of times that any talk of the club going into administration is completely untrue. Yes, we will need to make decisions to improve cash flows and strengthen the business, but these will be the right decisions at the right time.

Another new bogey man thrown about by the Gang of Four is the suggestion that we might be thinking of selling Ibrox. We are not thinking about this. Where do the requisitioners get these ideas from? I promise you we have no intention of a sale.

Brian Stockbridge suffers most from the lies thrown around by the people in the process of reinventing themselves. Even the requisitoners must understand that finance directors are members of boards and their actions are largely dictated by the board. Reading the minutes of the last two years or more, I see that Mr Murray was involved at board level for long periods covering contract and financial negotiations. It is not that Finance Directors make mistakes, rather that boards make mistakes, or worse. Without Brian, the club would, in my opinion, have been de-listed months ago and ironically the club should owe him a debt of gratitude for holding things together. Going forward, his new CEO, Graham Wallace, needs time to evaluate the whole structure within the business and the people within it. This will be true for Brian as for everyone else.

For the good of the club, for the good of the supporters and for the good of the shareholders, I sincerely hope that the shareholders will get behind the existing board and vote for us.

In addition, I encourage shareholders to vote against the four requisitioners. Firstly, because some of them were members or chairman of boards which failed this club in the past.

Secondly, we need a Board selected from the best available people. Not just from fanatics who put their own personal interest ahead of the greater good of the club. If these people were to join the board they would be taking up positions which should be held in future by the best, professional people with Rangers true best interests at heart and not having their involvement driven by their own personal self interest.

Best regards,

David Somers

David Somers, Quote, "Firstly, I read wild accusations that I may not be independent. This is usually accompanied by a list of names from the club?s past. Let me say categorically, that until I joined the Board a mere 4 weeks ago yesterday, I had never heard of Charles Green, Imran Ahmad, Craig Whyte, or any of the other characters in Rangers? history. To my knowledge, I have never met them, nor had business dealings with them. Nor would I recognise them if I passed them on a street."

Obviously doesn't read the papers or financial rags then.

David Somers speaks (a.k.a Jack Irvine?)

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5759-an-open-letter-from-the-chairman

Although I have learned one lesson, which is that if you shout long enough and loud enough in the media, you may be able to reinvent yourself.

Oh, the irony! :)

Edited by jambo1980

David Somers, Quote, "Firstly, I read wild accusations that I may not be independent. This is usually accompanied by a list of names from the club?s past. Let me say categorically, that until I joined the Board a mere 4 weeks ago yesterday, I had never heard of Charles Green, Imran Ahmad, Craig Whyte, or any of the other characters in Rangers? history. To my knowledge, I have never met them, nor had business dealings with them. Nor would I recognise them if I passed them on a street."

yet he's talked about enjoying CL games at Ibrox.

Oh, the irony! :)

Yep. Not to mention getting the media to reinvent oneself if you have anything to do with that scum. Edited by niblick1874

Phil D. Corners

Just had a wee look at the share price and it's down 10% today.

Has there been any major revelations?

Footballfirst

Just had a wee look at the share price and it's down 10% today.

Has there been any major revelations?

Not really, 225K shares were traded earlier at 39p, but the last trade of the day was 55K at 36.18p.

We had the statement from David Somers but nothing else that I'm aware of.

jamboinglasgow

That is mental, so he admits he joined Rangers board without doing any backround reading into the club. I'm sorry that is nonsense, you dont accept a position without looking into the background of a company, which even a quick look would bring up Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and Craig Whyte. I know he just trying to demonstrate that he is not linked with them, but it just makes him look poor.

That is mental, so he admits he joined Rangers board without doing any backround reading into the club. I'm sorry that is nonsense, you dont accept a position without looking into the background of a company, which even a quick look would bring up Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and Craig Whyte. I know he just trying to demonstrate that he is not linked with them, but it just makes him look poor.

Exactly it's not as if he's taking the cleaners position where you'd want to know if the brush is worn or not. He has literally blown his credibility in that one paragraph. The mans supposedly a professional and 5 mins on Google and Linked-in will tell you all you need to know.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Exactly it's not as if he's taking the cleaners position where you'd want to know if the brush is worn or not. He literally blow his credibility in that one paragraph. The mans supposedly a professional and 5 mins on Google and Linked-in will tell you all you need to know.

You have to remember it is aimed at the their support and most of that lot could not come up with 2 when handed 1+1

Footballfirst

Let?s remind ourselves of David Somers background

http://www.allenbrid...rs/david-somers

David Somers

David has extensive knowledge of the investment business, having held senior positions in the industry for over 30 years.

David began his career with the ICI Pension Fund. In the 1980s he was Managing Director of Manufacturers Hanover Investment Management Ltd and in the 1990s Managing Director of Nikko Capital Management UK Ltd. In 2000 he joined Clerical Medical Investments Group to head up their institutional pension fund business.
This company re-branded to become Insight Investment.

David is Chairman of the Investment Sub-Committee for the Fujitsu Technologies International Pension Fund. In addition, he is an independent non-executive director and non-executive Chairman for Rangers International Football Club plc, a non-executive director of ACE Europe Life plc, a non-executive director and Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee for Europe Arab Bank plc, and Chairman of the Investment Committee at TCF Investment Managers Ltd.

He was previously Chairman of Trustees for the Doosan Babcock Energy Pension Scheme.

David has an Honours degree in Economic Studies, is a qualified accountant (FCCA) and is a CFA (ASIP) member.

Insight Investment? Sounds familiar!

Insight Investment Management (Global) Ltd holder of 1,900,000 shares in RIFC. Parent company Insight Investment Management which was formerly known as Clerical Medical Investment Management Limited.

????? and he knows nothing about Green, Ahmad and co. :evilno:

Edited by Footballfirst

Barney Rubble

You have to remember it is aimed at the their support and most of that lot could not come up with 2 when handed 1+1

:spoton: ra peepils pockets are about to be dipped once more for a new bunch of spiv !

Franco Fascione

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most boring topic in the whole wide world.

Edited by Franco Fascione

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole wide world :rolleyes4:

Barney Rubble

So you thought you 'd enter the most boring topic in the whole wide world ?

But, but David Somers says they are well solvent

Another bogey man relates to the club?s finances. We have said publicly a number of times that any talk of the club going into administration is completely untrue

Footballfirst

But, but David Somers says they are well solvent

Gordon Waddell offers a different view in the Hunday Mail

http://www.dailyreco...boycott-2904812

Gordon Waddell : Fans' boycott could push Rangers into oblivion

GORDON reckons that there's little room for compromise in the Rangers boardroom battle and questions if a potential fans' boycott of the club could do more harm than good. 8 Dec 2013 12:50

IN some ways, it would be an act of football euthanasia.

A mercy killing.

Questions, though. Do the Rangers support really have the collective stomach to hold the pillow over the head of their club?And should they? Do boycotts ever work? That?s what they?re talking about this weekend. That if the ongoing battle for the powerbase of their club goes on to their dissatisfaction, they will ?disengage?. By their own admission the financial consequences would be ?disastrous?. It wasn?t explicit but you don?t need to an honours degree in reading between the lines to get their drift.

The nuclear option. No season-ticket money = no club. That?s the power they wield. Power they?ve had at the fingertips for the past two summers if they?d chosen to exercise it. Instead, with Walter Smith and Ally McCoist acting as kingmakers for successive regimes, they?ve relented twice. This time? If they?re serious?

Unless things change beyond all recognition in the next six months, without the ?10million the punters plough in before the start of the season Rangers would be back in administration in an instant. Most clubs would struggle to survive a season-ticket boycott, even those with smaller turnovers, smaller wage bills and smaller supports. Rangers, though? Not a hope.

With the money from their Initial Public Offering a goner, the prize money from winning League One negligible by their standards, a playing staff still costing a ludicrous ?7m a year and the club still posting hefty losses every month? The fans? money is their bread and butter. The old notion that the supporters pay the players? wages has long since been disabused at the top level ? but in Rangers? case right now, it?s actually true.

So what do supporters do? If they truly believe their club have a cancer, if they?re truly sick of watching the pain and suffering and want to end it? Sure, they have the agm in 11 days ? and with 12 per cent of the shares they can be an influence if they?re organised and united. But the rump of their power lies in the stands, not on the register.

Which leads to another question. Do the fans organisations making the statement truly represent the rank and file, the majority? The men and women who just want to see their side play every week and to hell with the politics? Is there a silent swathe who think the current lot deserve a chance to dig their way out of the hole? Hard to believe, given the level to which they?ve been shafted twice, but it?s possible.

If not, though, are they all prepared to pay the price? Because they CAN bring about this regime?s downfall ? but can they pick up the pieces of a second administration? In football terms, the rulebook was rewritten with the arrival of the SPFL in the summer, the punishments for insolvencies changed. Again. Now Rule E states it?s a flat 15-point penalty for your first offence and 25 for a second if it happens within five years.

Take that to its conclusion and it could see their team start the Championship, potentially with Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline, Falkirk and a couple of other decent-sized sides, with both arms tied behind their back. Would they survive on the field? Possibly. Off it? How do you rebuild from the financial rubble the fans had deliberately created? How do you do it without leaving yourselves open to the same mistakes made before?

Again, though, I go back to the column I wrote a few months ago talking about the potential for a membership scheme and proper fan stewardship of their club. If they?d had the appetite, the organisation and the collective belief in it right back at the start, it would have been possible, done right. But is the zero option of razing the lot to the ground first to start from scratch again their only recourse to action? They probably need to ask if they can trust ANY of the parties vying for power at the moment to provide an alternative. Because right now, it has the serious feel of clowns to the left of them, jokers to the right.

The statement issued by their chairman David Somers on Friday was an embarrassment to the club. His claim to be so independent that he had no idea who Charles Green and Craig Whyte were before he arrived was laughable. Where has he been living? Pluto? It just made him look detached from reality, not detached from the previous regimes. And using phrases like bogeymen in a formal statement? Is there NO-ONE there to act as a filter for that kind of infantile idiocy?

Not that the requisitioners have covered themselves in glory either. Their blueprint was flimsier than a new year resolution. Still, the one thing Somers DID clarify was there?ll be no compromise come the agm, no fudge. Anyone thinking they might find a middle ground by accommodating one or two of the rebels in exchange for peace is dreaming. It?s a straight them or us. Unless it?s neither.

Edited by Footballfirst

Gordon Waddell offers a different view in the Hunday Mail

http://www.dailyreco...boycott-2904812

What is the point of that rubbish? He doesn't say a single thing that adds any value to the Sevco debate. But he thinks a 12% shareholding of the fans is enough to destabilize the current board ? What a load of crap , as per usual.

What is the point of that rubbish? He doesn't say a single thing that adds any value to the Sevco debate. But he thinks a 12% shareholding of the fans is enough to destabilize the current board ? What a load of crap , as per usual.

On Sportsound Friday evening one of the "requisitioners" was on and was asked what his groups share holding was. After first avoiding the question when pushed he said, in a slightly embarrassed tone, "2%".

2 F'in %

Spivs will coast this one IMHO and the Sevconian support will just have to "urinate with the penis they have been given"

On Sportsound Friday evening one of the "requisitioners" was on and was asked what his groups share holding was. After first avoiding the question when pushed he said, in a slightly embarrassed tone, "2%".

2 F'in %

Spivs will coast this one IMHO and the Sevconian support will just have to "urinate with the penis they have been given"

I thin it was two individuals who had about 2% rather than the whole 'group', I though he said the 'group' had control of up to 28.5%, but couldn't go to over 29.9% without having to offer for all the shares of the company.

He also said "at the highest price they have traded at" or words to that affect. Which I think is wrong,

The People's Chimp

That's not what he says at all. :lol:

the rump of their power lies in the stands, not on the register.

It's not exactly a cutting edge article, but it's doing a decent job of explaining in language Record readers will understand, that the fans are ######.

Edited by The People's Chimp

I hate this thread. It's boring. Full of people posting rage at how terrible the thread actually is.

:arf:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic