The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Geoff Kilpatrick

The difference between the fouls mentioned for equivalence is that they were fouls. The whole Davis incident was a fabrication of his own creation.

Jim Traynor - Editor of Record

November 19, 1998

SECRET FEAR THAT DRIVES ME TO WIN;

10 IN A ROW: Rangers chairman David Murray opens up on the

highs and lows of his decade in charge of Rangers and

promises that the best is still to come

Exclusive James Traynor

RANGERS owner David Murray doesn't often allow his true

feelings to surface, but currently he is finding it difficult to

disguise a pain which has been gnawing away inside since the

end of last season.

After a period of almost total dominance of Scottish football

during which Rangers racked up 17 trophies the club met with

failure.

Celtic won the championship and the League Cup and Hearts

beat Rangers in the Tennents Scottish Cup final, leaving Murray

with nothing to show for a massive investment in time and

money.

Even now he winces when he thinks of that season, but it is the

vivid memory, and the pain of defeat with which he now suffers,

that combine to drive him on.

Last night as he looked back on a decade as Rangers' owner -

come this Sunday, the 22nd, it will be 10 years since he paid

Lawrence Marlborough pounds 6million for the club - Murray's

desire to avoid the miseries of another barren season could not

be disputed.

To hear him speak was to listen to a man who believes himself

to be charged with some kind of great and mighty mission.

Murray, who chose to talk only to the Record about his dreams

and ambitions for Rangers, said: "No one should doubt that

Rangers are the biggest club in the country, but I know that talk is

cheap in this business and that we will have to prove just how

big we are.

"That doesn't really bother me because as long as I am able to

influence this club we will be the biggest and we will be the best.

"I have spent 10 years of my life, and I know that sometimes I

gave up too much of myself to Rangers, but I am not about to

give up now.

"Neither am I willing to stand aside and allow another club to

overtake Rangers. The failure of last season hurt me a lot and

that pain was something I didn't need nor want.

"It is also a pain which I never want to suffer again, but by God

that sort of thing just makes me even more determined to

succeed. I am still as driven, still as enthusiastic and I will

welcome the challenge of anyone out there."

Murray was referring not only to the Kenny Dalglish/Jim Kerr

consortium who are stalking Celtic, but also the as yet

uncovered groups who are bound to make bids to buy out

Fergus McCann.

If the past 10 years have taught Murray, who is one of Britain's

wealthiest individuals, anything it is how to win and he believes

Rangers will continue to grow and prosper.

"I look upon these last 10 years as a having been a great era, but

it is over and Rangers are about to head on into a new era," he

said over a glass of the finest red.

He was about to take in another mouthful of the most succulent

lamb - anyone who knows Murray shouldn't be surprised to learn

he is a full-blooded, unashamed red meat eater - when he put

down his knife and fork.

It was like a statement of intent and looking directly across the

table to make sure I hadn't yet succumbed to the wine, he said:

"Bring on the next 10 years, there's more to come for Rangers.

"Understand that I care passionately about what I'm doing with

Rangers and believe that in 10 years time we will still be setting

the pace.

"Too many of us have put too much into this club and we won't let

someone come along and take it all away.

"What I'm saying here is that no matter who buys Celtic from

Fergus, they will need to have the deepest of pockets

imaginable.

"The fresh challenge would be good for the Scottish game and

lift the profile, but Celtic's new owners had better be prepared to

spend.

"In the past, Celtic's people maybe just haven't fancied trying to

take Rangers on financially, but if I have to go in deeper to keep

my club up there then I will. I have done it too many times to be

frightened now."

From anyone else such talk could be dismissed as no more

than empty rhetoric, but with Murray you just feel it is more than

bluster and besides, he does have a track record as a spender.

There have been times in his 10 years when he has taken

Rangers somewhere between pounds 15m and pounds 20m

into debt and he knows that if this season goes belly up like the

last one he could be looking at a potential debt of pounds 20m.

However, having taken the value of Rangers from pounds 6m to

approximately pounds 186m in 10 years he knows how far he

can gamble in pursuit of success.

This season alone he has allowed his new manager Dick

Advocaat to spend almost pounds 30m, but he refuses to lose

any sleep over it.

He said: "I don't because I consider spending as much as

pounds 5million on someone like Andrei Kanchelskis as a

necessity. If a club like ours doesn't do that then we fall by the

wayside.

"Look, I have many other businesses so I could find many other

things to worry about, but I love sport and I want Rangers to be

successful. I know this won't be accepted by some people but

this isn't about making money.

"pounds 56m has been invested in the stadium and in my time

pounds 200m has been turned over and after interest our trading

profit is minimal. Perhaps as much as pounds 60m has been

spent on players and I have even paid in about pounds 1m in

hospitality but never taken a salary from the place.

"I get six complimentary tickets the same as everyone else and if

I want extra I have to pay for them the same as everyone else.

"There are no free lunches for David Murray at Ibrox and I have

never taken part or been at the centre of any of the numerous

victory celebrations we have had."

Murray disappears to celebrate success with a small group of

close friends, leaving the roar of the crowd to wash over the

players and management.

"Supporters don't want chairmen hanging around, even though

they look to people like me to provide some kind of direction and

the new ways to keep moving the club on," he said.

"I hope I can say that in my 10 years so far I've been fairly good at

that, but the day I run out of ideas is the day I'll know it's over. I'm

sure someone will tell me because I have good people around

me, I always have.

"But I'm not ready yet to step back and I see enough fresh

challenges, staying ahead at home and winning a place at the

European table, ahead in the next 10 years to keep my own

adrenaline flowing."

He knows roughly how much it will cost him and he's heard the

rumours that ENIC, who have invested pounds 40m in Rangers,

are uneasy at the club's spending policies but Murray claims

these backers have always been supportive of his methods.

He said: "They could kick up a fuss but they don't. Besides, I am

the owner of the club and so far most people seem to like what

I've done."

Keith Jackson - Editor of Record

Article on Craig Whyte - link below.

http://www.dailyreco...ionaire-1076110

And to provide some independent analysis outside Scottish media.

Alex Thomson - English journalist.

http://blogs.channel...ulent-lamb-rack

Murray done what I'd guess most chairmen were doing. Only louder. Jackson is a lapdog to anyone that will give him an exclusive. As for Thomson, I wouldn't give that rhat the sleep out of my eye if he was starving.

Sheriff Fatman

Murray done what I'd guess most chairmen were doing. Only louder. Jackson is a lapdog to anyone that will give him an exclusive. As for Thomson, I wouldn't give that rhat the sleep out of my eye if he was starving.

Thomson has probably forgotten more about responsible journalism than any of Murray's pet scribblers in the Scottish press have ever known.

I find it incredible that Rangers fans have to go back 15 years for a decision that went against them (just one decision, because their spot kick was never a spot kick in a million years as it was outside the box), this sums up just how pathetic they truly are when they dredge up just ONE DECISION from FIFTEEN years ago, when we could name half a dozen decisions from just about EVERY game we play against them! I think Brownbear has proven that particular point extremely well.

I am not sitting complaining about the decisions going against us. I was answering that, they also go against us. The other poster went back a long time re Davis. And don't believe we have had ONE DECISION against in 15 years. You do your point no credit.

I am not sitting complaining about the decisions going against us. I was answering that, they also go against us. The other poster went back a long time re Davis. And don't believe we have had ONE DECISION against in 15 years. You do your point no credit.

My post please.

Scott, what is it you are asking me exactly? Succulent Lamb, I've got that. Are you asking me, do we have the Media in our back pocket? Do we control them? Do we ask them what to print or air? Can you be a bit clearer? Is post 514 above not what you where looking for?

Edited by Brownbear

Scott, what is it you are asking me exactly? Succulent Lamb, I've got that. Are you asking me, do we have the Media in our back pocket? Do we control them? Do we ask them what to print or air? Can you be a bit clearer? Is post 514 above not what you where looking for?

Who was it who wrote that famous article?

Who was it who then spent the next decade and more sucking up to Murray and never writing a word out of turn about his ruinous stewardship of Rangers?

Who was it who, it has now been discovered, actually buried awkward stories about Rangers in order to keep their directors happy?

And where did he then end up?

What happened to any journalist who didn't write the most apologetic claptrap about Sir David?

Why did it take two journalists from outside the Scottish sports media - Alex Thomson and Mark Daly - to expose the reality?

Edited by shaun.lawson

Who was it who then spent the next decade and more sucking up to Murray and never writing a word out of turn about his ruinous stewardship of Rangers?

Who was it who, it has now been discovered, actually buried awkward stories about Rangers in order to keep their directors happy?

Mate, I know Traynor personally. The few times we meet in a group, we never really talk football. He was mates with Murray. He had no love of Rangers Football Club.

The Old Tolbooth

In your opinion maybe, I find it laughable that any Rangers fan that bangs on about decisions harks back to that cup final, because it's all they can think of, I could list plenty of dodgy decisions against us which were awarded quite simply because of who you are.

Mate, I know Traynor personally. The few times we meet in a group, we never really talk football. He was mates with Murray. He had no love of Rangers Football Club.

Is he aware that he's a complete joke figure to the rest of us? And that he did enormous damage to even the pretence of BBC impartiality regarding your football club?

In your opinion maybe, I find it laughable that any Rangers fan that bangs on about decisions harks back to that cup final, because it's all they can think of, I could list plenty of dodgy decisions against us which were awarded quite simply because of who you are.

Bangs on about decisions, seriously? I answer a poster that it goes both ways. There will be plenty other decisions both for and against, that's football. Was Ian Blacks tackle on Jelavic a yellow? Was Thomson, whose trailing leg caught the Hearts defender any worse? It happens, we also have fans that believe everything goes against us.

Is he aware that he's a complete joke figure to the rest of us? And that he did enormous damage to even the pretence of BBC impartiality regarding your football club?

Traynor isn't the type to give a shit what anyone thinks of him.

Traynor isn't the type to give a shit what anyone thinks of him.

You mean he has no professional integrity whatsoever? Thanks for clearing that up for us. :thumb:

Meanwhile, on the discussion you've been having with John, tell me: did you watch this game, and honestly think that Rangers get no more decisions in their favour than any other club?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFpHriMd8A

Actually, more to the point, for as long as Rangers were in the top division, did you think "it evens itself out" meant that Rangers would lose out on one the next week - or that Celtic would get a decision just as bad the next week? Because the latter was long the truth, and will go straight back to being so once Rangers are back in the Prem too.

Edited by shaun.lawson

tartofmidlothian

What happened to any journalist who didn't write the most apologetic claptrap about Sir David?

Why did it take two journalists from outside the Scottish sports media - Alex Thomson and Mark Daly - to expose the reality?

Find it hard to figure out which side of the debate you're on, Shaun...

At times you wish you bookmark stuff as proof but I do recall both Strachan and Smith commenting that things even out over the course of the season. The Strachan one notably was in the spring. August tk March doesn't count. :)

PS John - in the 1998 cup final the Weir/McCoist contact was 100% on the line . However, McCoist 100% simulated the extent of the contact. But that is with hindsight of TV replays.

The 'side of the debate I'm on' (whatever that means) is:

1. Rangers are still Rangers and will always be Rangers.

2. Their material punishment was, ultimately, correct - and far more severe than that meted out to many other clubs across Europe.

3. Some of the stuff re: the Big Tax Case etc has been over the top - but my view on that will change if the UTT reverses the original decision.

4. For years and years and years, they and Celtic (but Rangers to an even greater extent) had the media in their back pockets, and the refs in their back pockets, and clearly had the administrators in their back pockets too. My point re: 1 and 2, though, is this didn't ultimately make a fundamental difference to what happened. They were never, ever going to just disappear for good: this never happens to any major club anywhere.

5. They have good fans, and they have bad fans. Just like any other club anywhere.

Edited by shaun.lawson

2. Their material punishment was, ultimately, correct - and far more severe than that meted out to many other clubs across Europe.

3. Some of the stuff re: the Big Tax Case etc has been over the top - but my view on that will change if the UTT reverses the original decision.

4. For years and years and years, they and Celtic (but Rangers to an even greater extent) had the media in their back pockets, and the refs in their back pockets, and clearly had the administrators in their back pockets too. My point re: 1 and 2, though, is this didn't ultimately make a fundamental difference to what happened. They were never, ever going to just disappear for good: this never happens to any major club anywhere.

5. They have good fans, and they have bad fans. Just like any other club anywhere.

Must be a full moon tonight as I'm agreeing with every point that Shaun has just made. :lol:

This is where I'm at with things too, I enjoy this thread as it provides opinion and views, most of the time. However, where it falls down is with people taking turns to try and bully/provoke people who's views may be different or who support another club.

It's all a bit Lord of the Flies for me when that starts and I lose interest again.

Point 5. I would put it like this: They have some good fans but the vast majority remain bigots and bullies. They embarrass Scotland and have done so for the 50 years I have supported Hearts. They continue to act aloof and remain in denial. The vast majority of Sevco fans are not like fans from any other club, far from it!

jack D and coke

When you watch that video of the Dundee Utd game it's those kind of reasons I hope the new Huns suffer for years to come. We've all had to put up with outrageous shit against them and the other boil ridden arse cheek from the other side of Glasgow over the years.

On the point of the Fulton/Sally penalty incidents from 15 years ago I still can't believe we got such a borderline decision against them and they didn't get one back especially in a cup final because I can't think of another one in my whole life of watching games against them tbh. They on the other hand have had f***** dozens and in some cases just downright cheating.

Not Shaun playing Devils Advocate again? Surely not?

who handed out this punishment? i want places, names, times, written documents, fag packet scribblings, behind the curtain gossip, anything except the only fitba related wittering of this, ally McCoists " we've been punished enough"

Footballfirst

It seems that Crighton has links with Laxey partners who hold 4.25M shares (6.5%) in RIFC.

I think we can put him in the Spiv camp for the moment.

Hagar the Horrible

That sounds like one of these jokes ...

How many Nomads does it take to change a Light Bulb at Greyskull?

How many NOMADs is that since Sevco floated?

It's probably explained elsewhere in this thread so apologies. What does this acronym stand for?

A small prize if someone can come up with something funny for that. Like, a very small prize. An atom or two.

As many as it takes to keep the Big Hoose open.

A tribe of them - until they're "Bedouin" in the SPFL again.

Charlie-Brown

How many CEO since Sevco floated? How many Chairmen since Sevco floated?

How many Spivs does it take to drain the Ibrox War chest?

How many times must Rangers fans take it up the ass from those running their "club" before they realise their true enemies have always been internal not external?

It's probably explained elsewhere in this thread so apologies. What does this acronym stand for?

I had to check too, it's a nominated advisor.

Definition of 'Nominated Advisor - NOMAD'

A company that has been approved as a nominated advisor for the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), by the London Stock Exchange. Individuals are not permitted to becoming nominated advisors, and there are certain criteria that must be met by a company before it is approved for membership.

The basic criteria for a potential nominated advisor is that the company has to have practiced corporate finance for two years, been a financial advisor in three qualified transactions in two years and must employ at least four "qualified executives".

The primary responsibility of a NOMAD is to help a new company in its admission to the AIM, and to provide advice to avoid the delisting of the new company.

Edited by graygo

I had to check too, it's a nominated advisor.

Definition of 'Nominated Advisor - NOMAD'

A company that has been approved as a nominated advisor for the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), by the London Stock Exchange. Individuals are not permitted to becoming nominated advisors, and there are certain criteria that must be met by a company before it is approved for membership.

The basic criteria for a potential nominated advisor is that the company has to have practiced corporate finance for two years, been a financial advisor in three qualified transactions in two years and must employ at least four "qualified executives".

The primary responsibility of a NOMAD is to help a new company in its admission to the AIM, and to provide advice to avoid the delisting of the new company.

Good explanation graygo cheers

Footballfirst

Directors of TRFC/RIFC since floatation (11 months ago)

C Green

I Ahmad (TRFC)

B Stockbridge

M Murray

W Smith

P Cartmell

B Smart

I Hart

C Mather

J Easdale

S Easdale (TRFC)

D Somers

N Crighton

NOMADs

Cenkos

Strand Hanson

Daniel Stewart

Hagar the Horrible

How many Spivs does it take to change a light bulb at Ibrox....

Six One barking Yorkshire man to make moonbeams while the rest nick the family silver and convince the rest us that the new dead light bulb is still the same as the one that's blown and it works just fine, and that new Light bulb cost ?35m

Charlie-Brown

How many Spivs does it take to change a light bulb at Ibrox....

Six One barking Yorkshire man to make moonbeams while the rest nick the family silver and convince the rest us that the new dead light bulb is still the same as the one that's blown and it works just fine, and that new Light bulb cost ?35m

Even tho the original light bulb only cost a quid?

Footballfirst

It seems that a "Dissolution request withdrawn" form (DS02) was lodged with Companies House this morning, for Sevco 5088.

Somebody, somewhere, doesn't want to see this outfit wound up.

Craig, are you there? :toff:

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

The DS02 form submitted for Sevco 5088 - Looks like Aiden Earley's signature.

fPtRTVp.png

Aiden Earley's signature from the disputed Director appointment form

2Ml5FJ7.jpg

Footballfirst

More documents lodged for Sevco 5088 including the termination of Charles Green as a director. The latest forms aren't available to view as yet. The AR01 should give the shareholders list, but with a effective date of 29/03/13 it will not be up to date. It may show details of Blue Pitch or other related companies holdings prior to the Sevco Scotland switcheroo, but it's Spivs we are dealing with, so nothing is guaranteed.

The Statement of Capital (SOC) gives a figure of ?10,000,001 which suggests that it should include the holdings of Blue Pitch, Margarita and Korrisa Capita which were highlighted in some of the Charlotte Fakes material.

DATE FORM DESCRIPTION

14/11/2013 AR01 29/03/13 FULL LIST

14/11/2013 LATEST SOC 14/11/13 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 10000001

14/11/2013 TM01 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR CHARLES GREEN

14/11/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 14/11/2013 FROM35 VINE STREETLONDONEC3N 2AA

12/11/2013 DS02 DISS REQUEST WITHDRAWN

08/08/2013 SOAS(A) VOLUNTARY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED

03/05/2013 SOAS(A) VOLUNTARY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED

19/04/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 19/04/2013 FROM, 35 VINE STREET, LONDON, EC3N 2AA, ENGLAND

17/04/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 17/04/2013 FROM, 48 SKYLINES VILLAGE, SKYLINES VILLAGE LIMEHARBOUR, LONDON, E14 9TS, ENGLAND

12/04/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 12/04/2013 FROM, 35 VINE STREET, LONDON, EC3N 2AA, UNITED KINGDOM

12/04/2013 AP01 DIRECTOR APPOINTED AIDAN CHAS EARLEY

12/04/2013 AP01 DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR CRAIG THOMAS WHYTE

15/01/2013 GAZ1(A) FIRST GAZETTE NOTICE FOR VOLUNTARY STRIKE-OFF

07/01/2013 DS01 APPLICATION FOR STRIKING-OFF

14/06/2012 RES11 DISAPPLICATION OF PRE-EMPTION RIGHTS

Edited by Footballfirst

Who are all these people?

Whae ur theez peepul?

Stick with the SevCo 5088 lingo :)

Edited by T o p S e c r e t

Whae ur theez peepul?

Stick with the SevCo 5088 lingo :)

My humble appologies. I find it difficult stooping that level

Jambof3tornado

Directors of TRFC/RIFC since floatation (11 months ago)

C Green

I Ahmad (TRFC)

B Stockbridge

M Murray

W Smith

P Cartmell

B Smart

I Hart

C Mather

J Easdale

S Easdale (TRFC)

D Somers

N Crighton

NOMADs

Cenkos

Strand Hanson

Daniel Stewart

That list can be read like the firemen of trumpton!

What's wrong with Thomson?

Also, gonnae drop the extra H's in words? Its not something most of us round these parts like to get involved with...

More documents lodged for Sevco 5088 including the termination of Charles Green as a director. The latest forms aren't available to view as yet. The AR01 should give the shareholders list, but with a effective date of 29/03/13 it will not be up to date. It may show details of Blue Pitch or other related companies holdings prior to the Sevco Scotland switcheroo, but it's Spivs we are dealing with, so nothing is guaranteed.

The Statement of Capital (SOC) gives a figure of ?10,000,001 which suggests that it should include the holdings of Blue Pitch, Margarita and Korrisa Capita which were highlighted in some of the Charlotte Fakes material.

DATE FORM DESCRIPTION

14/11/2013 AR01 29/03/13 FULL LIST

14/11/2013 LATEST SOC 14/11/13 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 10000001

14/11/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 14/11/2013 FROM35 VINE STREETLONDONEC3N 2AA

12/11/2013 DS02 DISS REQUEST WITHDRAWN

08/08/2013 SOAS(A) VOLUNTARY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED

03/05/2013 SOAS(A) VOLUNTARY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED

19/04/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 19/04/2013 FROM, 35 VINE STREET, LONDON, EC3N 2AA, ENGLAND

17/04/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 17/04/2013 FROM, 48 SKYLINES VILLAGE, SKYLINES VILLAGE LIMEHARBOUR, LONDON, E14 9TS, ENGLAND

12/04/2013 AD01 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 12/04/2013 FROM, 35 VINE STREET, LONDON, EC3N 2AA, UNITED KINGDOM

12/04/2013 AP01 DIRECTOR APPOINTED AIDAN CHAS EARLEY

12/04/2013 AP01 DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR CRAIG THOMAS WHYTE

15/01/2013 GAZ1(A) FIRST GAZETTE NOTICE FOR VOLUNTARY STRIKE-OFF

07/01/2013 DS01 APPLICATION FOR STRIKING-OFF

14/06/2012 RES11 DISAPPLICATION OF PRE-EMPTION RIGHTS

I thought Aidan Earley's middle name was Chad, will be gutted if its Chas. :(

• Maple Leaf locked this topic