The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

That appears a threat.

Seriously??

I read it as the poster saying, one day they will be back in the top flight experiencing better times.

A bit like when people say "things can only get better".

Too much analysis and misinterpretation on here at times, not everyone or everything has a hidden meaning.

Even if you play it backwards. ;)

Seriously??

I read it as the poster saying, one day they will be back in the top flight experiencing better times.

Too much analysis and misinterpretation on here at times, not everyone or everything has a hidden meaning.

Maybe misread what was being said.

Times are tough, but we'll get rid if the charlatans and be better for it and we should all work for the better good of the game ..... is what I'd hope would be said.

Seriously??

Edited by DETTY29

Seriously??

Quadruple post again.

Edited by DETTY29

Seriously??

Quadruple post.

Edited by DETTY29

That appears a threat.

The regular paranoid contributors on this thread = :cornette:

(again, excluding footballfirst).

Brownbear threatening folk, Brycey sent here by the spivs to lock down this "dangerous" thread. :laugh:

Edited by scott_jambo

alwaysthereinspirit

Seriously??

Playing it backwards just repeats "Lennon is the devil, Lennon is the devil"

King of the North

The regular paranoid contributors on this thread = :cornette:

(again, excluding footballfirst).

Brownbear threatening folk, Brycey sent here by the spivs to lock down this "dangerous" thread. :laugh:

And most laughably of all, Hearts fans feeling sorry for Huns.

I'd guess you are well aware that virtually every mhank refers to you Hearts fans as 'Huns', as well as Killie and Motherwell to a lesser extent?

I feel sorry for any punter who pays for a season ticket to watch the fitba' at the weekend while the the moneymen take the piss.

Nothing to do with "huns" as you eloquently put it.

King of the North

I'd guess you are well aware that virtually every mhank refers to you Hearts fans as 'Huns', as well as Killie and Motherwell to a lesser extent?

Mhank? Which forum do you think you are on?

And don't try for solidarity either. Next you'll be telling us you've always had a soft spot for hearts.

I couldn't give a eff what other fans refer to us as. All I know that hun fans, old and new club, are fecking vile.

And don't try for solidarity either. Next you'll be telling us you've always had a soft spot for hearts.

I couldn't give a eff what other fans refer to us as. All I know that hun fans, old and new club, are fecking vile.

A fair fair percentage call Celtic "Mhanks" on here as well.

lets try and be a wee bit objective, eh? Folk are just jumping on the visiting Rangers fans for nothing.

A fair fair percentage call Celtic "Mhanks" on here as well.

lets try and be a wee bit objective, eh? Folk are just jumping on the visiting Rangers fans for nothing.

And their total, utter inability to separate Rangers fans from Rangers, the football club, is a complete embarrassment.

In any other walk of life - any at all - the offensive stereotyping, labelling and stigmatising of a group of individuals purely because of one thing they have in common wouldn't just be frowned upon. In many areas, it's against the law. Why football is considered completely different from this, I've never understood.

Imagine if the stuff trotted out about Rangers fans on this thread was used instead about black people, or Jews, or Moslems, or women, or homosexuals, or another nationality, or whatever. The arse of anyone saying it wouldn't touch the ground as they were ushered away toot sweet. So why is it OK in football?

Edited by shaun.lawson

Well if your admin want to ban me for calling them mhanks, fire on. You can also stick your solidarity, my soft spot is for one club and one club only. I like to talk football with other club supporters, Not some pals act. Your 'vile' comment says more about you than what it does about us.

Well if your admin want to ban me for calling them mhanks, fire on. You can also stick your solidarity, my soft spot is for one club and one club only. I like to talk football with other club supporters, Not some pals act. Your 'vile' comment says more about you than what it does about us.

And why this is considered some crime, I've never understood either.

People talk about how Rangers bullied the authorities and media for years to get their own way, and I'd agree with that to a fair extent.

However, I'm against bullying in all forms and I think it's got to a point where people need to make a stand against the bullying and abuse that is handed out to some of the passing visitors (Rangers fans and otherwise) to this thread that has been allowed to be taken ownership by some.

People talk about how Rangers bullied the authorities and media for years to get their own way, and I'd agree with that to a fair extent.

However, I'm against bullying in all forms and I think it's got to a point where people need to make a stand against the bullying and abuse that is handed out to some of the passing visitors (Rangers fans and otherwise) to this thread that has been allowed to be taken ownership by some.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

King of the North

And their total, utter inability to separate Rangers fans from Rangers, the football club, is a complete embarrassment.

In any other walk of life - any at all - the offensive stereotyping, labelling and stigmatising of a group of individuals purely because of one thing they have in common wouldn't just be frowned upon. In many areas, it's against the law. Why football is considered completely different from this, I've never understood.

Imagine if the stuff trotted out about Rangers fans on this thread was used instead about black people, or Jews, or Moslems, or women, or homosexuals, or another nationality, or whatever. The arse of anyone saying it wouldn't touch the ground as they were ushered away toot sweet. So why is it OK in football?

Let's get the thread back on topic please. Any opinions about the apparent illegal nature of the latest Ibrox shenanigans Shaun?

Do you think when HMRC win the tax case BDO could reverse the sale to Green?

If Whyte is still involved, should the SFA expel the new club?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Shaun, they aren't breaking any rules (it can be argued), so I understand I can't use the "report" button. I barely have ever used that anyway on this site.

But I want to make it known that in my opinion some of the conduct on here is a little disatasteful and not becoming of Heart of Midlothian supporters.

Perhaps Brownbear can give us his perspective of the "Rangers got an easy ride from the SFA & media for ages" theory?

Perhaps Brownbear can give us his perspective of the "Rangers got an easy ride from the SFA & media for ages" theory?

I'm interested in any perspective or theories he holds and of course I expect a strong rebuttal to those theories in the JKB spirit.

That's how it should be.

Edited by scott_jambo

Let's get the thread back on topic please. Any opinions about the apparent illegal nature of the latest Ibrox shenanigans Shaun?

Do you think when HMRC win the tax case BDO could reverse the sale to Green?

If Whyte is still involved, should the SFA expel the new club?

I don't know if HMRC will win the tax case. No-one does. As of now, Rangers are effectively innocent re: the Big Tax Case; that'll only change if the UTT finds differently.

As for Whyte: if he's still involved, then yes, I think they should. They obviously won't though. And while yes, the police do appear to be getting involved now, I would question the veracity of at least some of the emails etc which have been reproduced.

So we shall see what we shall see.

Regarding your quote mate, do you mean in the last 18-24 months or prior to the crap starting? For you to quote, it is clearly a well believed theory on here. And I am not going through 1,000 odd posts. :)

Interesting diversion from Detty's faux pas.

Aye, we are all in cahoots to divert this "DANGEROUS THREAD" from uncovering the seedy truths of Rangers Football Club (zombieco for you).

I wonder what Farin will post off twitter next. :wow:

Edited by scott_jambo

Interesting diversion from Detty's faux pas.

:rofl:

Detty and Geoff think they're Woodward and Bernstein. :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Aye, we are all in cahoots to divert this "DANGEROUS THREAD" from uncovering the seedy truths of Rangers Football Club (zombieco for you).

I wonder what Farin will post off twitter next. :wow:

Actually, I meant it was an interesting discussion on the reactions of the fans.

You bash on with your interpretation though.

Actually, I meant it was an interesting discussion on the reactions of the fans.

You bash on with your interpretation though.

Yeah I misread it apologise. I didn't realise that poster's name was "Detty" :facepalm:

Regarding your quote mate, do you mean in the last 18-24 months or prior to the crap starting? For you to quote, it is clearly a well believed theory on here. And I am not going through 1,000 odd posts. :)

I mean in general. To many, Rangers always seemed to get favour from match officials, e.g. Andy Davis & Mikolaunas.

With regards to the media, do you subscribe to the succulent lamb theory?

I posted ages ago on here saying that (as I see it) the media sycophancy toward Rangers meant that no one was prepared to expose the utter shambles behind the scenes that led to the Whyte takeover. Similarly, this sycophancy didn't do due diligence on Whyte, immediately accepting him as the saviour of The Rangers. Collectively, it seems that Rangers fans EXPECT a multi millionaire to come to their aid when in fact, at the time, they should have galvanised and bought the club themselves.

I don't mean to be rude, but there appears a sense of divine right amongst the bears. You are, after all, "Ra Peepil".

Im more self opinionated Shaun rather than Bernstein.

Woodward? He was the Sweeney wasn't he?

Footballfirst

Funny you should say that as Celtic blogger James Forrest likened the Rangers saga to the Watergate fallout in his blog yesterday.

If you have the time it is worth a read. You may not agree with his viewpoints (I don't on some of his writings), but at least he's pretty articulate when compared with Rangers bloggers, Leggo, McMurdo and Graham.

http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/a-window-on-a-scandal/

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yeah I misread it apologise. I didn't realise that poster's name was "Detty" :facepalm:

No probs.

Anyway, if their fans want to join in the conversation on what the next saga is going to be, it is all good.

I mean in general. To many, Rangers always seemed to get favour from match officials, e.g. Andy Davis & Mikolaunas.

With regards to the media, do you subscribe to the succulent lamb theory?

I posted ages ago on here saying that (as I see it) the media sycophancy toward Rangers meant that no one was prepared to expose the utter shambles behind the scenes that led to the Whyte takeover. Similarly, this sycophancy didn't do due diligence on Whyte, immediately accepting him as the saviour of The Rangers. Collectively, it seems that Rangers fans EXPECT a multi millionaire to come to their aid when in fact, at the time, they should have galvanised and bought the club themselves.

I don't mean to be rude, but there appears a sense of divine right amongst the bears. You are, after all, "Ra Peepil".

I'm sure there are as many decisions gone against us as for us. You have pulled two there. I'll give you the penalty you got in the cup final (Fulton way outside the box) and the penalty we didn't get in the same game. Whyte conned everyone. Probably not Murray, he got what he wanted. If a stranger comes in to take over Hearts who no-one has heard off, how do you know he won't be a Whyte type figure? How could the Gers fans have bought the club with the tax case hanging over it? It should never have been sold the way it was anyway. The debt had come down from ?33m to ?18m in three years and winning three titles into the bargain. There is a hell of a lot we don't know and probably never will. And why won't this allow the return key to work?

I'm sure there are as many decisions gone against us as for us. You have pulled two there. I'll give you the penalty you got in the cup final (Fulton way outside the box) and the penalty we didn't get in the same game. Whyte conned everyone. Probably not Murray, he got what he wanted. If a stranger comes in to take over Hearts who no-one has heard off, how do you know he won't be a Whyte type figure? How could the Gers fans have bought the club with the tax case hanging over it? It should never have been sold the way it was anyway. The debt had come down from ?33m to ?18m in three years and winning three titles into the bargain. There is a hell of a lot we don't know and probably never will. And why won't this allow the return key to work?

You haven't touched on the issue of the "succulent lamb" media.

Footballfirst

And why won't this allow the return key to work?

It's a funny with Internet Explorer on this message board. It works ok with Firefox.

You haven't touched on the issue of the "succulent lamb" media.

If you give me an example of who or a coverage fella, I'll debate it.

Of course, having failed to put OJ away for murder, they got him in the end for something else he did a few years later.

Here's hoping.

Ah yes forgot about that. Theft of sports memorabilia or something?!

If you give me an example of who or a coverage fella, I'll debate it.

Why don't you try the quote "succulent lamb" from the original article. There's a start for you, fella! :laugh:

It's a funny with Internet Explorer on this message board. It works ok with Firefox.

Thanks. I'll deal with it another time.

Why don't you try the quote "succulent lamb" from the original article. There's a start for you, fella! :laugh:

I can't see the 'original article', are you talking about Murrays time?

Sheriff Fatman

Are you going to actually answer any questions or are you going to continue to ask people to repeat the entire thread because you can't be bothered reading and to ask for more and more clarification on minutiae.

I can't see the 'original article', are you talking about Murrays time?

Jim Traynor - Editor of Record

November 19, 1998

SECRET FEAR THAT DRIVES ME TO WIN;

10 IN A ROW: Rangers chairman David Murray opens up on the

highs and lows of his decade in charge of Rangers and

promises that the best is still to come

Exclusive James Traynor

RANGERS owner David Murray doesn't often allow his true

feelings to surface, but currently he is finding it difficult to

disguise a pain which has been gnawing away inside since the

end of last season.

After a period of almost total dominance of Scottish football

during which Rangers racked up 17 trophies the club met with

failure.

Celtic won the championship and the League Cup and Hearts

beat Rangers in the Tennents Scottish Cup final, leaving Murray

with nothing to show for a massive investment in time and

money.

Even now he winces when he thinks of that season, but it is the

vivid memory, and the pain of defeat with which he now suffers,

that combine to drive him on.

Last night as he looked back on a decade as Rangers' owner -

come this Sunday, the 22nd, it will be 10 years since he paid

Lawrence Marlborough pounds 6million for the club - Murray's

desire to avoid the miseries of another barren season could not

be disputed.

To hear him speak was to listen to a man who believes himself

to be charged with some kind of great and mighty mission.

Murray, who chose to talk only to the Record about his dreams

and ambitions for Rangers, said: "No one should doubt that

Rangers are the biggest club in the country, but I know that talk is

cheap in this business and that we will have to prove just how

big we are.

"That doesn't really bother me because as long as I am able to

influence this club we will be the biggest and we will be the best.

"I have spent 10 years of my life, and I know that sometimes I

gave up too much of myself to Rangers, but I am not about to

give up now.

"Neither am I willing to stand aside and allow another club to

overtake Rangers. The failure of last season hurt me a lot and

that pain was something I didn't need nor want.

"It is also a pain which I never want to suffer again, but by God

that sort of thing just makes me even more determined to

succeed. I am still as driven, still as enthusiastic and I will

welcome the challenge of anyone out there."

Murray was referring not only to the Kenny Dalglish/Jim Kerr

consortium who are stalking Celtic, but also the as yet

uncovered groups who are bound to make bids to buy out

Fergus McCann.

If the past 10 years have taught Murray, who is one of Britain's

wealthiest individuals, anything it is how to win and he believes

Rangers will continue to grow and prosper.

"I look upon these last 10 years as a having been a great era, but

it is over and Rangers are about to head on into a new era," he

said over a glass of the finest red.

He was about to take in another mouthful of the most succulent

lamb - anyone who knows Murray shouldn't be surprised to learn

he is a full-blooded, unashamed red meat eater - when he put

down his knife and fork.

It was like a statement of intent and looking directly across the

table to make sure I hadn't yet succumbed to the wine, he said:

"Bring on the next 10 years, there's more to come for Rangers.

"Understand that I care passionately about what I'm doing with

Rangers and believe that in 10 years time we will still be setting

the pace.

"Too many of us have put too much into this club and we won't let

someone come along and take it all away.

"What I'm saying here is that no matter who buys Celtic from

Fergus, they will need to have the deepest of pockets

imaginable.

"The fresh challenge would be good for the Scottish game and

lift the profile, but Celtic's new owners had better be prepared to

spend.

"In the past, Celtic's people maybe just haven't fancied trying to

take Rangers on financially, but if I have to go in deeper to keep

my club up there then I will. I have done it too many times to be

frightened now."

From anyone else such talk could be dismissed as no more

than empty rhetoric, but with Murray you just feel it is more than

bluster and besides, he does have a track record as a spender.

There have been times in his 10 years when he has taken

Rangers somewhere between pounds 15m and pounds 20m

into debt and he knows that if this season goes belly up like the

last one he could be looking at a potential debt of pounds 20m.

However, having taken the value of Rangers from pounds 6m to

approximately pounds 186m in 10 years he knows how far he

can gamble in pursuit of success.

This season alone he has allowed his new manager Dick

Advocaat to spend almost pounds 30m, but he refuses to lose

any sleep over it.

He said: "I don't because I consider spending as much as

pounds 5million on someone like Andrei Kanchelskis as a

necessity. If a club like ours doesn't do that then we fall by the

wayside.

"Look, I have many other businesses so I could find many other

things to worry about, but I love sport and I want Rangers to be

successful. I know this won't be accepted by some people but

this isn't about making money.

"pounds 56m has been invested in the stadium and in my time

pounds 200m has been turned over and after interest our trading

profit is minimal. Perhaps as much as pounds 60m has been

spent on players and I have even paid in about pounds 1m in

hospitality but never taken a salary from the place.

"I get six complimentary tickets the same as everyone else and if

I want extra I have to pay for them the same as everyone else.

"There are no free lunches for David Murray at Ibrox and I have

never taken part or been at the centre of any of the numerous

victory celebrations we have had."

Murray disappears to celebrate success with a small group of

close friends, leaving the roar of the crowd to wash over the

players and management.

"Supporters don't want chairmen hanging around, even though

they look to people like me to provide some kind of direction and

the new ways to keep moving the club on," he said.

"I hope I can say that in my 10 years so far I've been fairly good at

that, but the day I run out of ideas is the day I'll know it's over. I'm

sure someone will tell me because I have good people around

me, I always have.

"But I'm not ready yet to step back and I see enough fresh

challenges, staying ahead at home and winning a place at the

European table, ahead in the next 10 years to keep my own

adrenaline flowing."

He knows roughly how much it will cost him and he's heard the

rumours that ENIC, who have invested pounds 40m in Rangers,

are uneasy at the club's spending policies but Murray claims

these backers have always been supportive of his methods.

He said: "They could kick up a fuss but they don't. Besides, I am

the owner of the club and so far most people seem to like what

I've done."

Keith Jackson - Editor of Record

Article on Craig Whyte - link below.

http://www.dailyreco...ionaire-1076110

And to provide some independent analysis outside Scottish media.

Alex Thomson - English journalist.

http://blogs.channel...ulent-lamb-rack

Edited by scott_jambo

I'm sure there are as many decisions gone against us as for us. You have pulled two there. I'll give you the penalty you got in the cup final (Fulton way outside the box) and the penalty we didn't getninvolved the same game. Whyte conned everyone. Probably not Murray, he got what he wanted. If a stranger comes in to take over Hearts who no-one has heard off, how do you know he won't be a Whyte type figure? How could the Gers fans have bought the club with the tax case hanging over it? It should never have been sold the way it was anyway. The debt had come down from ?33m to ?18m in three years and winning three titles into the bargain. There is a hell of a lot we don't know and probably never will. And why won't this allow the return key to work?

Ferguson caught Fulton.right on the line maybe just outside but without any argument of a dive, Fulton landed well inside the box. An understandable decision.

Weir and McCoist made contact on the line ( through the hindsight of TV) but by awarding a foul Willie Yong should have also awarded a penalty. However it was touch and go. My opinion, McCoist simulated more than Weir infringed him. Hearts were lucky, but McCoist cheated. Fulton didnt.

Edited by DETTY29

The Old Tolbooth

I find it incredible that Rangers fans have to go back 15 years for a decision that went against them (just one decision, because their spot kick was never a spot kick in a million years as it was outside the box), this sums up just how pathetic they truly are when they dredge up just ONE DECISION from FIFTEEN years ago, when we could name half a dozen decisions from just about EVERY game we play against them! I think Brownbear has proven that particular point extremely well.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic