The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Footballfirst

Another fall in the share price today despite there being no completed big trades. Current mid price is 35p, with a few shares having been traded as low as 33.2p this morning.

Only 8 days to go before the AGM and the end of the lock-in period. Could be that some shareholders have already issued sell instructions to their brokers in advance of next week.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareTrades.asp?shareprice=RFC&share=rangers_int

I like this quote from today's Weegie Times;

Paul Murray, who is seeking election to the Gers board at the AGM a week today, has reiterated his belief that Green is working behind the scenes. And former Light Blues director Murray has also refused to rule out the possibility that former owner Whyte has an agreement with Green.

He said: "We're reasonably confident that Craig Whyte doesn't have a legal claim over the assets between himself and Rangers.

"Reasonably confident" - ha !

I note that there is speculation that Rangers will have to sell players in January to survive and one of those mentioned is Lee Wallace. I appreciate like with ourselves the media like to publish firesale stories but if the were to sell dear old Trigger have we got a sell on clause and how much is it?

...a bit disco

Hmm.

Careful use of the Queens English methinks.

Rangers: Charles Green has no influence, says Sandy Easdale

Sandy Easdale, the new chairman of Rangers' football board, says former chief executive Charles Green and his associates have no influence on decision-making at Ibrox.

The businessman was speaking six days before the club's annual meeting.

Easdale, who now has voting rights over more than 26% of shares, says he is utterly confident the current board has sufficient support to remain in place.

And he has urged supporters to get behind the current regime.

In the latest protest against the board on Saturday, thousands of fans held up red cards supplied by supporters group the Sons of Struth at Ibrox during the League One victory over Ayr United.

It came in the wake of the continuing boardroom battle that followed the departure of Green, who led the summer 2012 purchase of Rangers.

A successful court action in October by a group of shareholders forced the postponement of the AGM and a vote on their potential appointments.

Former chairman Malcolm Murray, former director Paul Murray, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson are hopeful of winning a place on the board.

However, Rangers have since appointed Graham Wallace as chief executive and David Somers as chairman of the PLC board, on which they have been joined by Norman Crighton.

Bus tycoon Easdale was speaking the day after Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace told Sky Sports News he would have no problem working with any of the four requisitioners seeking election to the club's board.

However, the disgruntled shareholders' main complaints have been aimed at finance director Brian Stockbridge and Easdale's brother, James, on the PLC board.

For his part, Paul Murray insisted he had no problems with Wallace's appointment and added: "We are not saying that the whole board has to be ousted.

"We want the best board to take the club forward.

"I think the most important thing after the last two-and-a-half years is trust and transparency.

"People have to trust the people on the board and that has actually broken down in the last two-and-a-half years.

"We have a couple of individuals on the board who have been there for most of the last 12 months and we have made our views clear on them in terms of the lack of stewardship and financial mismanagement.

"There have been three new directors appointed in the last month and we think, certainly, Graham Wallace looks like a credible individual."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25359215

Sandy Easdale, the new chairman of Rangers' football board, says former chief executive Charles Green and his associates have no influence on decision-making at Ibrox.

"There have been three new directors appointed in the last month and we think, certainly, Graham Wallace looks like a credible individual."

First one - isn't it "has no longer anything whatsoever to do with ..." ?

Second, doesn't one "know with certainty" and for goodness sake, just "looks like"?

Hardly a massive endorsement.

You're right - carefully chosen words.

Edited by jambovambo

Second, doesn't one "know with certainty" and for goodness sake, just "looks like"?

Exactly what I thought when I read the quote. Even if he claims that Green doesn't have any influence you can bet that he is still connected in some way.

Footballfirst

Sandy Easdale is not on the PLC board so this statement can't be attributed to the Board per se. However his comment re "no influence" is indicative of Green and/or other associates still being in the background.

Personally, I don't think that Green has any influence at all. He was only a front man. It is much more likely that Ahmad or indeed Rizvi or maybe the Lebanese Abela family will be doing the influencing.

The "looks like" quote came from Paul Murray and not Sandy Easdale.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Who are the good guys or is it like a group of flies fighting over whose turd it is?

Someone on TSFM described the situation a week or two back as being the "same turd but different flies"

..... or maybe it's the "same flies but a different turd".

Cue Bryce to confirm it's the "same turd" that's being fought over.

Edited by Footballfirst

Someone on TSFM described the situation a week or two back as being the "same turd but different flies"

..... or maybe it's the "same flies but a different turd".

Cue Bryce to confirm it's the "same turd" that's being fought over.

Same turd, different (insert animal of choice here)

I thin it was two individuals who had about 2% rather than the whole 'group', I though he said the 'group' had control of up to 28.5%, but couldn't go to over 29.9% without having to offer for all the shares of the company.

He also said "at the highest price they have traded at" or words to that affect. Which I think is wrong,

Yeah, that was his claim. Given the shareholders they represent are just a loose coalition I think he was talking out of his erchie.

Shame he wasn't probed further.

Footballfirst

Sally headed for the dole queue when the spivs win.

They don't currently have the money to pay him off. I'm pretty sure that he is on a rolling 12 month contract, so that would be ?700k to get shot of him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They don't currently have the money to pay him off. I'm pretty sure that he is on a rolling 12 month contract, so that would be ?700k to get shot of him.

Might just let an administrator do it then. :whistling:

I think he just wants to be able to walk the streets of Glasgow safely after ZombieRangers are liquidated.

There's a mention of Kickback in this long piece about the mystery men behind Blue Pitch Holdings:

http://www.tsfm.org..../#comment-77574

For those who are interested (and haven't already read this post , from TSFM) it's well worth a read (and not that long).The SMS must be very relieved that they're not having to comment of the CF leaks - this stuff is VERY interesting in terms of the type of character currently backing Sevco.

Hagar the Horrible

The vote at the AGM is already done and dusted in favour of the current board as the Easdales and the current board (backers) have tied up 54% game over for the requisitioners who only account for 2% and have been scaremongering the Fans to back them. The Fans themselves should be buying everything in small amounts and get fans ownership by default at the 37p mark rather than the flotation charges of 150p. no doubt there will be another floatation to raise more funds. This is Spiv v Spiv, Its about time that Fans ownership is across the board even for Sevco....Spivs and the SFA out of OUR game!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25423601

The current Rangers board has won enough support to remain in place, BBC Scotland has learned.

Figures of proxy votes cast on behalf of shareholders indicate chairman David Somers, chief executive Graham Wallace and three directors will be re-elected.

And nominees including former chairman Malcolm Murray do not have enough votes to join the board.

The bitter battle for control has been building towards Thursday's annual general meeting.

In recent months, the club has appointed Somers, Wallace and non-executive director Norman Crighton to join finance director Brian Stockbridge and James Easdale on its plc board.

Shareholders Malcolm Murray, former Rangers director Paul Murray, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson have been seeking election to the board.

Indeed, the Murrays, Murdoch and Wilson won a court decision to have their nominations added to the AGM agenda, resulting in the meeting being delayed until 19 December.

After that verdict at the Court of Session in Edinburgh, Paul Murray called on Stockbridge and then chief executive Craig Mather to resign.

Mather did resign but Stockbridge has been backed by chairman Somers.

The club reported a ?14m operating loss for the 13 months to June after around ?22m was raised in a share issue late last year.

On the pitch, Scottish League One leaders Rangers are yet to drop a point in the division so far this season and Ally McCoist's side have also progressed to the final of the Ramsdens Cup and the fifth round of the Scottish Cup.

Edited by jambodan1998

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25423601?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Updated (I think)

Paul Murray:

Responding to the latest developments, Paul Murray said: "We are surprised to see information of this nature leaked to the BBC.

"This information could only have come from one of two sources - Capita or the Rangers board. We regard this as a serious breach of Stock Market regulations and we intend having our legal team look at the matter on Wednesday morning.

"In the meantime we would urge all Rangers shareholders and fans to ignore this propaganda, turn up on Thursday, cast their votes and ask the questions they want their board to answer."

Edited by jambovambo

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter

Updated (I think)

Paul Murray:

Responding to the latest developments, Paul Murray said: "We are surprised to see information of this nature leaked to the BBC.

"This information could only have come from one of two sources - Capita or the Rangers board. We regard this as a serious breach of Stock Market regulations and we intend having our legal team look at the matter on Wednesday morning.

"In the meantime we would urge all Rangers shareholders and fans to ignore this propaganda, turn up on Thursday, cast their votes and ask the questions they want their board to answer."

Question for Paul Murray . Even if you had got your way at the AGM , what were you going to do to stem the current losses ?.

Geoff Kilpatrick

so what do people predict will happen next?

What happens next is that, without a capital injection or a massive slashing of costs, Sevco run out of money and insolvency comes knocking.

What happens next is that, without a capital injection or a massive slashing of costs, Sevco run out of money and insolvency comes knocking.

Shame :)

:pleasing:

Heard they need 1 million by mid January or Lee Wallace has to be sold.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Have I missed something but what has happened Dave King who was going to save Sevco just a few weeks ago

Dave King would not have passed the FPP test.

:pleasing:

Heard they need 1 million by mid January or Lee Wallace has to be sold.

Unless there had been a change of heart on the Trigger home front, Rangers better hope Celtic come in for him.

Edited by DETTY29

Dave King would not have passed the FPP test.

Have I missed something but what has happened Dave King who was going to save Sevco just a few weeks ago

Funny how Rangers fans wanted a Fit and Proper persons test introduced to avoid another Craigy Whyte character taking over the club....and the only person willing to put money in (and haemorrhage the losses) falls foul of this rule :verysmug::pleasing:

Funny how Rangers fans wanted a Fit and Proper persons test introduced to avoid another Craigy Whyte character taking over the club....and the only person willing to put money in (and haemorrhage the losses) falls foul of this rule :verysmug::pleasing:

There is nothing to stop him putting money in or buying shares, as long as he doesn't become a director nowt can be done.

Charlie-Brown

There is nothing to stop him putting money in or buying shares, as long as he doesn't become a director nowt can be done.

Mr Romanov never owned any shares nor did he ever hold any official position with HMFC but the SFA and SPL still invented New rules to punish him when he accurately highlighted they were/are a cesspit of corruption.....Old Firm toadies.

Edited by Charlie-Brown

lost in space

so what do people predict will happen next?

I have little knowledge of business finance but my prediction is -

Sevco is a "cash cow" and can be milked for years to come. I would doubt that It is in the interests of the board for Admin to follow this season. I imagine there are plenty in the background willing to give them a high interest loan (or purchase a part of the business). Ultimately, there may be a real "white" knight (possibly King) who will pay over the odds for the club - but it will likely be many years before they are in a healthy position.

tartofmidlothian

I really hope that if this is going to happen, it happens within the 2014/15 season...

BBC Scotland News ?@BBCScotlandNews 2m

#CraigWhyte: Former #Rangers owner loses appeal over ruling he must pay ?17.6m to #Ticketus

What next for our hero?

Well, he either sells any assets under his name or he declares bankruptcy and hides informs a Trustee in Bankruptcy of what pots he has to piss in.

This is what I don't get. Did Whyte really think he could get away with it? Or does he genuinely have security in the form of ownership of Ibrox etc.

Getting very interesting again!

Charlottefakes seems to have resurfaced briefly last night, according to Twitter, saying CW had won his case with Ticketus, so now that it is announced he lost, the Bear-twitterati are having a good laugh, saying s/he is talking nonsense again.

E.g. Alex ?@Alex_G_1690 1h

Proof that Charlotte Fakes is a load of bollocks,after tweeting last night that Whyte had WON his appeal against Ticketus.

Also "@ChrisGraham76 @carmichael294 Report is (from Charlotte Fakes) that Paul Murray will replace Stockbridge on Board. 7 am Friday anouncement." ... and that doesn't fit with the BBC stuff that the board will remain the same.

BBC Scotland News ?@BBCScotlandNews 2m

#CraigWhyte: Former #Rangers owner loses appeal over ruling he must pay ?17.6m to #Ticketus

What next for our hero?

He, or a representative, turns up at the AGM on Friday and proves publicly that he still owns Ibrox and wants ?18m for it to clear his debt to Ticketus.

This will mean ZombieRangers lose their football licence and face immediate liquidation. But what the **** does he care, he's already a hated man.

The timing of him losing this court battle just before the AGM seems an amazing coincidence and I will be stunned if Friday passes without something big happening.

Wishful thinking on my part maybe, we shall see.

Edited by kingdannyb

Mr Romanov never owned any shares nor did he ever hold any official position with HMFC but the SFA and SPL still invented New rules to punish him when he accurately highlighted they were/are a cesspit of corruption.....Old Firm toadies.

Absolutely.

Well, he either sells any assets under his name or he declares bankruptcy and hides informs a Trustee in Bankruptcy of what pots he has to piss in.

what happens to him if he refuses to pay ?

Guest oldcastlerock2012

The weegia did their best to get him in as a saviour and tried to play down his tax crimes but all to no avail. Rangers obviously need some better pet journalists.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic