Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

Would certainly be my choice but wouldn't be surprised if they just reverted back to the Nurburgring being the home of the European grand prix again.

How about Zandvoort

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince Buaben

Would certainly be my choice but wouldn't be surprised if they just reverted back to the Nurburgring being the home of the European grand prix again.

Wouldnt mind the Nurburgring in permantley

Prince Buaben

Agree, the worst circuit ever used, by a country mile.

A1 ring was pretty dire aswell.

I'd agree curahee, the nursing not appear to har the cash and not sure imola is set up for modern f1, turkey is a decent circuit tho

The problem with Turkey is the lack of fans. It is a good circuit though.

The Nurburgring and Hockenheim share the German GP as neither can afford a race every season.

Agree, the worst circuit ever used, by a country mile.

:thumbsup:

How about Zandvoort

Good shout but I'd need a few upgrades.

Wouldnt mind the Nurburgring in permantley

Good track but see above re: Germany.

A1 ring was pretty dire aswell.

At least it was a proper race track. You got overtaking there.

He's got previous.

I'm hoping the Button fella has a great season.

Me too , I hope nearly as good as Diresta and Hamilton

He's not having much luck is he?

His F1 career if it was hanging by a thread is surely over now.

Although they're saying it doesn't affect his recovery from the rally injuries.

kingantti1874

Ferrari failed crash tests I see... Little bit of a setback... Wondering I they have just decided to say **** it to the RRA given they seem to be hiring dozens of top people from the other teams... Can't blame them after RB violating it the past 2 seasons

Wife got me tickets for my 60th for the British Grand Prix, cannot wait always wanted to go. That's another one off the "bucket list"

Wife got me tickets for my 60th for the British Grand Prix, cannot wait always wanted to go. That's another one off the "bucket list"

That is awesome, what a fantastic present, have you been before?

That is awesome, what a fantastic present, have you been before?

No never,always wanted too but never got round to it, tickets are for the full 3 days seated in the stand at Luffield corner. She also booked accomodation, well chuffed.:thumbsup:

Prince Buaben

Amazing :thumbsup:

The rumour mill on BBC today has suggested that Lotus are possibly bringing in a woman to be their reserve driver :omg!:

Have they fitted a rear view mirror so she can put on her lipstick easily?

Was at the Autosport Car Show at the weekend and saw most of the cars on the grid. Things of beauty!

Still can't understand how they fit into the cockpit though :blink:

Seen Senna's cars too. Amazing tribute to him.

kingantti1874

And so it begins... The reactive ride height systems which maintain height under braking banned weeks before the season after the fia indicated they were ok...

chester copperpot

Anyone else doing a race next season?

Its on my to do list too. Was offered the chance to work in Malaysia a few years back, didnt fancy apart from the hospitality for the grand prix that would have been part of the 6 month package.

Anyone else doing a race next season?

Its on my to do list too. Was offered the chance to work in Malaysia a few years back, didnt fancy apart from the hospitality for the grand prix that would have been part of the 6 month package.

We're thinking of Monza. A weeks holiday in that area with 3 day tickets. :thumbsup:

Probably getting grandstand tickets as we didn't at Spa and it was too busy on the banking. And sore on the arse. :lol:

The central grandstand opposite the pits is ?478 so its too dear. Probably get seats in Parabolica or Vedano at ?240. :thumbsup:

General admission is ?95.

kingantti1874

Cool, it'll be a small league no doubt but - ill set up league when it lets me do it... I'll pop it back on this thread

kingantti1874

Cool, as I say I'll set it up nearer the time and post on here- I don't think we will get more than 5/6 from JKB so extend to your friends and see if we can get a dozen or so...

kingantti1874

Well guys the 2012 caters am has been revealed and is probably the ugliest car inthe history of the sport

Caterham 2012

Scarbs said most teams will follow this nose design due to the new regs - that's is a seriously fugly car..

Tyres changing for this year. New compounds mean less difference between tyre types.

Intermediates changing to green :ermm: and wets changing to blue.

Also a silver tyre being introduced to show the slight difference between the two hard tyres.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferrari have cancelled their launch ceremony due to snow at Maranello.

Bet they didn't expect that. :lol:

kingantti1874

McLaren%2BMP4-26%2BSide%2Bview-2011%2Blaunch%252C%2BBerlin.jpg

ferrari_f2012-1.jpg

force_india_vjm05.jpg

GzHajl.jpg

The top picture is the mp4-26 not the 27 mate... Other than the mac and possibly the force India the rest of the cars look fugly...

The top picture is the mp4-26 not the 27 mate... Other than the mac and possibly the force India the rest of the cars look fugly...

Thanks for pointing that out, copied the wrong photo.

Here is the MP4-27

article-1328098285213-118C4E2E000005DC-983709_636x432.jpg

Nicer looking that the rest so far, but is it fast? Time will tell. I am looking forward to the new Redbull though.

kingantti1874

Thanks for pointing that out, copied the wrong photo.

Here is the MP4-27

article-1328098285213-118C4E2E000005DC-983709_636x432.jpg

Nicer looking that the rest so far, but is it fast? Time will tell. I am looking forward to the new Redbull though.

Personally I hope it's fast although the fizzy cows will be the team to beat given the stability of the regs....

kingantti1874

Just a wee bump to say I haven't forgotten about the fantasy comp.. Registration hasn't opened yet...

On a side note the new torro Rosso is a beaut... Massive undercut on the pods - hope they do well

Archived