Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

rossthejambo

Vettel pole :jjyay:

Stewards enquiry about Hamilton slowing up before his lap and compromising Rosberg.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Vettel pole :jjyay:

Stewards enquiry about Hamilton slowing up before his lap and compromising Rosberg.

well thats bollocks

rossthejambo

well thats bollocks

Apparently they were told on Friday that it wouldn't be allowed at this track. If that's the case then struggle to sympathise with Hamilton really.

kingantti1874

Apparently they were told on Friday that it wouldn't be allowed at this track. If that's the case then struggle to sympathise with Hamilton really.

No penalty because Hamilton was actually faster in that sector than Rosberg was the lap before... ergo Rosberg talking bollocks :rofl:

I put him on Pole based on that final in lap.

:verysmug:

so did i.

:verysmug:

and me....

Gutted, hoped no-one else would have noticed that :4_1_72:

rossthejambo

No penalty because Hamilton was actually faster in that sector than Rosberg was the lap before... ergo Rosberg talking bollocks :rofl:

It was the out lap he slowed up on to create space for himself so he'd get the clean track for his flying lap, in doing that he stopped Rosberg getting a clean track fo his flying lap.

Like I said, they're not allowed to do that at Valencia and were told that on Friday. Silly of Hamilton to ignore it really.

Good to see Paul di Resta in the top 10, even if his Force India teammate outqualified him.

Several surprising omissions from the top 10 in Alonso, Schumacher and Webber (who wasn't even in Q2).

kingantti1874

It was the out lap he slowed up on to create space for himself so he'd get the clean track for his flying lap, in doing that he stopped Rosberg getting a clean track fo his flying lap.

Like I said, they're not allowed to do that at Valencia and were told that on Friday. Silly of Hamilton to ignore it really.

Yep I know but he couldn't have slowed that much given he slowed less than Romberg do on his previous lap. That was the official reason for no punishment

Never got round to doing my predictions this week! Will just have to go with the last races then! Probably do much better!

rossthejambo

Yep I know but he couldn't have slowed that much given he slowed less than Romberg do on his previous lap. That was the official reason for no punishment

Fair enough, didn't see the result of the inquiry. Hamilton fair enjoys pushing the rules though.

Was a bit gutted for di Resta, he was having a great lap until the last sector, could very easily have been 4th or 5th.

Fair enough, didn't see the result of the inquiry. Hamilton fair enjoys pushing the rules though.

Was a bit gutted for di Resta, he was having a great lap until the last sector, could very easily have been 4th or 5th.

I don't think Hamilton pushes the rules, it's more a matter of every little event he is involved in is highlighted beyond extremities, he's also had a raw deal in many of the outcomes. When it comes to pushing rules.... the teams are what should be looked at, not the drivers.

kingantti1874

Aye dunno what happened in q3... Thought he'd make top 5... This is a terrible circuit as well so can't see him pushing through

Aye dunno what happened in q3... Thought he'd make top 5... This is a terrible circuit as well so can't see him pushing through

He's been quick all weekend on long and short runs and on both tyres. :thumbsup:

He'll hopefully make a few places at the start so I think he could be on for a good haul of points.

Pish track right enough though.

He's been quick all weekend on long and short runs and on both tyres. :thumbsup:

He'll hopefully make a few places at the start so I think he could be on for a good haul of points.

Pish track right enough though.

Yeah it is a rotten track, even the drivers when asked about have to be tactful in their answers, nobody likes it.... why keep going back?

Prince Buaben

Yeah it is a rotten track, even the drivers when asked about have to be tactful in their answers, nobody likes it.... why keep going back?

Money! They should scrap it and then rotate the European tracks

There has been talk of rotating it with Barcelona. I'd drop both and go to Jerez instead.

Also talk of rotating Spa and Paul Ricard in France.

France deserves a GP but Spa should be every year.

There has been talk of rotating it with Barcelona. I'd drop both and go to Jerez instead.

Agree about keeping Spa, looks a great track, would love to go there for a GP.

Agree about keeping Spa, looks a great track, would love to go there for a GP.

Been thrice now. :thumbsup:

It pisses all over every other track imo. Certainly does the other tracks I've been to. :thumbsup:

Its not dear to get there. Drive to Hull around 3 hours. Zebrugge to francorchamps about 2 and a half hours. :thumbsup:

Do it. :thumbsup:

from next year they are rotating the spanish GP between barcelona and valencia. they are dropping the european gp altogether

from next year they are rotating the spanish GP between barcelona and valencia. they are dropping the european gp altogether

We need more races in Europe not less.

They should stop going to places that have no interest in F1.

I'd keep Japan, Australia, Canada and Brazil and have the rest in Europe. :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Vettel aside, this is a cracking race so far.

On the new circuits chat there was some suggestion that the Olympic Park in London could be a possible European GP destination.

It's been a good race so far, shame vettel is so far in front though.

A Safety Car makes things interesting though...

Hamilton's pit stop nightmares continue...

McLaren's pit crew dicking it up again :vrface:

the front jack failed, how is that the pit crew dicking it up?

rossthejambo

the front jack failed, how is that the pit crew dicking it up?

Just seems too common an occurrence for it to be technical, fair enough in this case but its happening too often.

This safety car is doing my predictor some wonders seeing as I put Alonso as winner and not Vettel.

While it might ake the last 25 or so laps more interesting, how ridiculous was the incident between Vergne and Kovalainen that brought out the SC? I know Vergne is inexperienced in F1, but how can he mess up an overtake that badly on a straight?

Just seems too common an occurrence for it to be technical, fair enough in this case but its happening too often.

This safety car is doing my predictor some wonders seeing as I put Alonso as winner and not Vettel.

Got the jump on Grosjean after the SC.

Massa is goosed. Again.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

**** sake.

My Vettel, Grosjean and Hamilton 1,2, 3 was looking so good and its all went tits up :laugh:

:facepalm:

Bert Le Clos

The marshal rubbing his hands on the tire as if it's making any difference :vrface:

It's a shame for Seb, but it makes for an exciting race. Not often you see a Red Bull failure.

Those Marshall's have a death wish :arry:

Bert Le Clos

It's a shame for Seb, but it makes for an exciting race. Not often you see a Red Bull failure.

Yes it's a shame. I feel really sorry for him.

::troll:::'> He's a fecking walloper.

they were waving green flags at that point on the track as the marshalls were pushing the car down the track

Bert Le Clos

Drive through for Hamilton looking likely!

Also pleasing. He's another dick.

Drive through for Hamilton looking likely!

yeah as soon as they say investigation for yellow flag issue there is almost guaranteed a penalty

Yes it's a shame. I feel really sorry for him.

::troll:::'> He's a fecking walloper.

I don't really understand the hatred of Vettel, but fair enough. There are drivers I dislike a lot more - Hamilton for one.

Speaking of which, he might be in trouble with the stewards.

Lotus are in a dent position to provide an 8th different winner.

Bert Le Clos

I don't really understand the hatred of Vettel, but fair enough. There are drivers I dislike a lot more - Hamilton for one.

Other than being an arrogant *******? Refusing to ever admit that he is ever the one in the wrong? Expecting to get away with doing whatever he wants, but happy to publicly call others idiots and such like when they have the audacity to prioritise their own race over his?

He's the Neil Lennon of Formula 1. However, I agree that Hamilton is also a ######.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I hate Vettel and his ******* finger. Does my head in :laugh:

To be fair, there are few successful drivers out there who DON'T get frustrated when they have a bad race. I wouldn't say there's an overwhelming amount of arrogance on Vettel - not enough to make me hate him anyway, but that's just me.

I can see why the finger is grating :lol: I suppose it's a trademark now, a la Rudi's celebration where he points to his boot.

Of course, because both are so successful, we see them more often :verysmug:

As for the race at hand, Grosjean's car failure has probably handed this race to Alonso - McLaren's pace isn't quite as good as Lotus'.

Archived