**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Great performance in many areas. Watson excellent.

With Brady on form like that, and the refs helping them all the way, the Patriots are unbeatable.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Captain Sausage

Great performance in many areas. Watson excellent.

With Brady on form like that, and the refs helping them all the way, the Patriots are unbeatable.

I thought the Patriots were bang average (they must be if they got run that close by the Texans).

Were it not for constant referee interference, the Texans would've walked that game.

But having someone as classy as Brady and a beast like Gronk and you're always gonna be scoring points.

I thought the Patriots were bang average (they must be if they got run that close by the Texans).

Were it not for constant referee interference, the Texans would've walked that game.

But having someone as classy as Brady and a beast like Gronk and you're always gonna be scoring points.

Yup. But having Brady means they will never be average, no matter how rest of the team is playing.

Bill O'Brien :uhoh2:

Seems just about every week I?m saying his decision making is ****ing dreadful. A total **** up, which blew at least one, maybe two more chances to get points.

Sexton Hardcastle

Never seen them play this bad. Forty yards if you're lucky, 2 picks and 4 sacks.

And I needed Carr to score about 9 fantasy points for a draft kings win.

They got the decision right so...

Well...no they didn't.

They didn't get the original decision correct. If they had, we'd have had 8 seconds to get a play off.

Because they got it wrong and reversed it, they implemented the 10 second run off and the game was over.

luckyBatistuta

Well...no they didn't.

They didn't get the original decision correct. If they had, we'd have had 8 seconds to get a play off.

Because they got it wrong and reversed it, they implemented the 10 second run off and the game was over.

Your right, was a tough one to call though. Didn't watch that game, did you still have a timeout left?

Definitely a sore one for Lions fans.

Your right, was a tough one to call though. Didn't watch that game, did you still have a timeout left?

Definitely a sore one for Lions fans.

No timeouts, that's why the 10 second run off rule was used.

The eventual ruling was correct but as I'd said, if they done their jobs in the first place we'd have had 8 seconds to get the 4th and goal play off.

A double punishment.

luckyBatistuta

No timeouts, that's why the 10 second run off rule was used.

The eventual ruling was correct but as I'd said, if they done their jobs in the first place we'd have had 8 seconds to get the 4th and goal play off.

A double punishment.

What an erse, can't believe I asked that, I'd be fizzing if that had happened to the Colts. I've watched the play and have to say that I thought he was in too.

What an erse, can't believe I asked that, I'd be fizzing if that had happened to the Colts. I've watched the play and have to say that I thought he was in too.

The only thing I can take out the game is that we are definitely looking like NFC contenders.

This team will still find a way to break my spirit at some point though!

Well...no they didn't.

8 seconds to get lined up and get a snap off to stop the clock, whilst players argue for a TD. Wouldn't have happened.

8 seconds to get lined up and get a snap off to stop the clock, whilst players argue for a TD. Wouldn't have happened.

It wouldn't, no?

Our offence covered 27 yards in 7 seconds to get a play off v the Vikings last season. We would have gotten a play off.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

The fact the vast majority of those in attendance don?t care about the result creates a weird atmosphere.

Especially when half of those that did care were silenced by the end of the 1st quarter!

I was at the game and to be honest if they Ravens had offered something, anything at all then the atmosphere would have been pretty decent as they had a pretty decent % of the fans at the game.

Especially when half of those that did care were silenced by the end of the 1st quarter!

I was at the game and to be honest if they Ravens had offered something, anything at all then the atmosphere would have been pretty decent as they had a pretty decent % of the fans at the game.

Aye, not writing off the fact there can be a decent atmosphere...but compared to yer average NFL game, it?s always going to be weird because you don?t have the vast majority of the crowd supporting one team.

I have a ticket for this Sunday's game available if anyone wants it for a knock down price.

A mate can't go and someone is as well having it, was thinking ?30.

I have a ticket for this Sunday's game available if anyone wants it for a knock down price.

A mate can't go and someone is as well having it, was thinking ?30.

Might be worth putting it on GetMeIn. I had a spare and it was sold within about 15 hours of putting it on. Mine was on for face value. Would imagine anything less than that will sell very quickly. Not sure on delivery at such short notice. Mine sold Friday and they sent a courier out on Monday to pick it up. All you need is a printer and a hard backed A4 envelope.

Might be worth putting it on GetMeIn. I had a spare and it was sold within about 15 hours of putting it on. Mine was on for face value. Would imagine anything less than that will sell very quickly. Not sure on delivery at such short notice. Mine sold Friday and they sent a courier out on Monday to pick it up. All you need is a printer and a hard backed A4 envelope.

I'll give it a go, cheers!

Nucky Thompson

More tickets have become available for the Twickenham games. Bought a couple for the Rams v Cardinals on the 22/10.

It's my first London game and I'm really looking forward to it :2thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta

With the instant reaction of the Packers players, I feared the worst. Need to hammer him for that hit, hopefully Adams is back on the field soon.

More tickets have become available for the Twickenham games. Bought a couple for the Rams v Cardinals on the 22/10.

It's my first London game and I'm really looking forward to it :2thumbsup:

You'll enjoy it. I was at the Rams v Giants at Twickenham last year. Not as good transport wise as Wembley but still easy to get to. The issue is coming back, it's a bit of a bottle neck from the ground to the station. We just went through it and went to the pubs in the town to let the station die down a bit.

I preferred Twickenham pre-game to Wembley.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta

Thought Tony Romo was good on the commentary last night, called quite a few of the plays too. Anyone else impressed by him?

Thought Tony Romo was good on the commentary last night, called quite a few of the plays too. Anyone else impressed by him?

I didn't realise who it was as only caught the 2nd half but I thought he was good, some decent input.

He's brilliant.

There's various videos of him from the games he's covered. Usually gets the play spot on!

luckyBatistuta

I didn't realise who it was as only caught the 2nd half but I thought he was good, some decent input.

He's brilliant.

There's various videos of him from the games he's covered. Usually gets the play spot on!

Certainly knows his stuff and brings it all across very well for the viewer.

Nucky Thompson

You'll enjoy it. I was at the Rams v Giants at Twickenham last year. Not as good transport wise as Wembley but still easy to get to. The issue is coming back, it's a bit of a bottle neck from the ground to the station. We just went through it and went to the pubs in the town to let the station die down a bit.

I preferred Twickenham pre-game to Wembley.

Cheers for the info. Do the trains run late from Twickenham to Waterloo? I know that the tube does but not sure about the normal trains

Cheers for the info. Do the trains run late from Twickenham to Waterloo? I know that the tube does but not sure about the normal trains

It's a bit of a blur (a drunken blur) but I'm sure we got a train back to central London around 10/11pm.

There's plenty pubs in the town, the famous one is the Cabbage Patch but we gave that a miss as it was rammed. Across the road is Shack 68 and further down the street is a Spoonies called The William Webb Ellis. We were in there, was packed and had the NFL showing for the 6pm/9pm games. 

Nucky Thompson

Hey guys, anyone got any knowledge as to which bars I can watch live nfl games in town?

The Whistle stop barbers shop on the bridges. American diner, great burgers and wings. Show NFL on big screen