Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Great counting Scott. As I said earlier its looking very unlikely we'll have any attendances under 14,000 this season with most games being well over 15,000.

In terms if the on going stadium debate we are going to need a few seasons, lets say 4, where we are constantly going over 15,000 attendances for our small games, Hamilton etc, and nit having enough seats for games against Aberdeen, Dundee and Dundee Utd. For me that makes a solid business case that a 20,000 to 22,000 seater stadium is reasonable. In other words its up to us the fans to make it happen.

One thing is certain though. I've nit been this excited about a season in years....COME ON HEARTS!!

Sorry about the spelling.....bloody phone

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chrisyboy7

Great counting Scott. As I said earlier its looking very unlikely we'll have any attendances under 14,000 this season with most games being well over 15,000.

In terms if the on going stadium debate we are going to need a few seasons, lets say 4, where we are constantly going over 15,000 attendances for our small games, Hamilton etc, and nit having enough seats for games against Aberdeen, Dundee and Dundee Utd. For me that makes a solid business case that a 20,000 to 22,000 seater stadium is reasonable. In other words its up to us the fans to make it happen.

One thing is certain though. I've nit been this excited about a season in years....COME ON HEARTS!!

Sorry about the spelling.....bloody phone

20-22k stadium is a good start but we need space to expand like most clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spotted that Bradford City have sold 17,000 season tickets....not sure what this says about us?!

Just spotted that Bradford City have sold 17,000 season tickets....not sure what this says about us?!

I'm sure if we were selling season tickets at ?149 for adults we'd shift them pronto too.

I'm sure if we were selling season tickets at ?149 for adults we'd shift them pronto too.

Does that say something about competitive pricing in a hypothetical world where we have a larger stadium? There are people saying it shouldn't get much bigger however if pricing was involved how big should it be? Just asking.

Does that say something about competitive pricing in a hypothetical world where we have a larger stadium? There are people saying it shouldn't get much bigger however if pricing was involved how big should it be? Just asking.

yes, pricing is a factor

good point

I believe there is scope with cheaper tickets - hard to do without losing money and (pause for open minds and some reflection)

this is where tools like dynamic pricing and selective cheap ticketing comes in

20,000 at ?10 = ?200,000

15,000 at ?15 = ?225,000

Could be a solution tho, reasonably priced tickets in a 22-25k capacity, would allow us to grow the number of ST holders (assuming steady improvement on and off the field)

alicante jambo

NJ theyre season tickets are cheap as mate.

Hate to say that after 9 consecutive seasons I am not renewing this season, my wife is due our first child and I reluctantly agreed to forgo my ticket this year.

Particularly gutting as watching this fine young team develop I honestly believe we are in for a special season, with some silverware coming back to Tynecastle....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Bradford has a greater population than Edinburgh and only one team.

Bradford has a greater population than Edinburgh and only one team.

Not as much money about though and they take rugby league a lot more seriously down there.

Not as much money about though and they take rugby league a lot more seriously down there.

Bradford Bulls average crowd was 6891 last season

I make it.... 13,361 Season Tickets sold so far.......... slowing but still 13,500 possible.

a    61

b    40   

c    6    

d    1    

e    25    

f    27    

g    78    238

==========

h    74

j    6   80    

==========    

n1    7

n2    1  

n3    84    

p    13   

q    8 

r    8    

s    14    

t1    28    

t2    6    

t3    75    244

===========

v    17   

w    4    

x    12   

y    18   

z    21   72

===========

Total    634

Still selling a steady 10 a day or so  13,366 sold if 14,000 is taken as the agreed number on sale

Sorry if this is very obvious, but which of the four stands above relate to the main stand.

I bring visiting relatives from Ireland to the games during the festival and at Christmas, and am just  :D trying to see if there is some numbers of seats left together. 

Sorry if this is very obvious, but which of the four stands above relate to the main stand.

I bring visiting relatives from Ireland to the games during the festival and at Christmas, and am just :D trying to see if there is some numbers of seats left together.

between n1 and t3

I had a wee look at their website. It appears they are counting flexi passes which for a fee of ?50 you can buy match day tickets for a tenner. They are counting these among their season ticket total in addition to kids free season tickets and adults ?149.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This Bradford City caper is sounding less and less impressive with each post, likes. :(

Bradford City have sold 17,000 due to very good deals for those tickets...?149 for adults and ?99 for kids.

Seems to prove money is a huge factor in match attendances.

Cheaper than ours, the city is bigger than Edinburgh population wise, there is only one team and their stadium holds over 8,000 more people than us.

fabienleclerq

Cheaper than ours, the city is bigger than Edinburgh population wise, there is only one team and their stadium holds over 8,000 more people than us.

City is bigger?

Re stadium debate.

I think it was soccernomics i read that teams who build a new purpose built stadium usually see an increase in attendance (if you build it, they will come)

Middlesbrough new stadium 95

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/midd.htm

Huddersfield new stadium 94

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/hudt.htm

Reading new stadium 98

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/read.htm

I am wary of this though as English football has much more finance and exposure than scottish football.

Edinburgh has a bigger population overall.

I don't think it does. Bradford and its environs is something like 1.4m and the city is 520k plus. Both more than Edinburgh.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:rofl:

You can laugh but in a city with such a big population, the two professional clubs can't even sell 20,000 season tickets between them.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't think it does. Bradford and its environs is something like 1.4m and the city is 520k plus. Both more than Edinburgh.

Bradford has a city population of 522.452 and Edinburgh 492.680 but that comes from Wiki so could be way off.

We_are_the_Hearts

You can laugh but in a city with such a big population, the two professional clubs can't even sell 20,000 season tickets between them.

Fair point but we have already sold 13400 and Hibs are close to 7000, still poor but Edinburgh is full of foreigners, immigrants and public school boys. Our support is just as much from West Lothian and east lothian

Hackney Hearts

So what is the Number 1 sport in Edinburgh? Presumably there's some activity that draws bigger crowds than these which means Edinburgh isn't a 'football city'?

All roads lead to Gorgie

A bit off topic but as we are discussing it anyway, I wondered as both Bradford and Leeds are back to back is it sacrilege to support Leeds if you come from Bradford or vice versa.? Leeds were the most successful for the most part in that part of Yorkshire after all.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So what is the Number 1 sport in Edinburgh? Presumably there's some activity that draws bigger crowds than these which means Edinburgh isn't a 'football city'?

Armchair EPL in my experience. :(

Chester™

Its not a case of 'whats the number 1 sport' or a single activity which draws more. Thats a bit too simplistic. Over the last wee while, Edinburgh hasnt been great supporting their main sports teams: Hearts, Hibs, Capitals, Monarchs, Rugby (admittedly Monarchs are in Armadale). Why is that? Varying factors from population change to cost, with the latter a big factor for many.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well it sure ain't Rugby anyway as you could add up the crowds at Edinburgh Rugby and club level as well and they still wouldn't come to the total at Tynecastle on match day. If we played in a better league I would hazard a guess that our season ticket level would double but we are where we are and that won't change.

Cast No Shadow

Fair point but we have already sold 13400 and Hibs are close to 7000, still poor but Edinburgh is full of foreigners, immigrants and public school boys. Our support is just as much from West Lothian and east lothian

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Big danger for me is we start inviting 10k+ away supports again. Personally I hated that. Much more preferable to have them small in number and tucked away in a corner.

Spot on!

Less away fans = less vocal support for their team = less chance of swaying the referee = better chance of Hearts getting a result.

We_are_the_Hearts

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Whats so funny ya freak show? Just you stick to boasting how you are too good for friendlies

Remember being at a shareholders meeting back in the Pieman days and someone said that the bulk of season ticket holders were from outside of the city, with Loanhead having the highest concentration.  Places like Currie, Balerno, South Queensferry, Penicuik etc are full of Hearts fans.

heartsfc_fan

Midlothian will have a heavy population of Hearts fans - Penicuik, Bonnyrigg, Gorebrige, Dalkeith etc.

We_are_the_Hearts

Midlothian will have a heavy population of Hearts fans - Penicuik, Bonnyrigg, Gorebrige, Dalkeith etc.

I know Broxburn Hearts have introduced membership cards as cant meet demand. My wee laddies footy team has more jambos than any other team which wouldnt have been the case when i wasyoung

Clerry Jambo

Correct there's actually nae Hearts fans in Gorgie!!!!!

More than a fifth of the population of Scotland at the time? Don't think so somehow.

True story.

I`ve heard it all now. "Edinburgh needs to become a football city"?

There`s more Hearts fans from outside Edinburgh?

It seems the Hearts support underestimate the Hearts support!  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The inner city is lettered with Hobo's, I always wondered where our fans came from :laugh:

I do know quite a few who claim to be fans yet never go to games, Budge needs to target them. We talk about potential, it's already here, they just need to be encouraged in until there hooked.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I`ve heard it all now. "Edinburgh needs to become a football city"?

There`s more Hearts fans from outside Edinburgh?

It seems the Hearts support underestimate the Hearts support!

Yep, total Hibs mythology. Yes we have many fans in Mid/West/East Lothian, but we have loads in the city too. This sort of nonsense is usually allied to ridiculous redrawings of where idiot Hibs fans class the centre of town or the city boundaries. :rofl:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yep, total Hibs mythology. Yes we have many fans in Mid/West/East Lothian, but we have loads in the city too. This sort of nonsense is usually allied to ridiculous redrawings of where idiot Hibs fans class the centre of town or the city boundaries. :rofl:

I'm talking about Hearts and Hibs. Hibs are worse than us FFS. If the two clubs clear 20,000 season tickets between them for next season then that'll be an achievement. Shite figures in a city this size.

i must have imagined all the supporters buses listed from Edinburgh when I was a nipper.

Edinburgh has a pop of 492,000 , more than East/West and Midlothian combined. The Lothians, particularly West, is dripping with Old Firmers.

There's Hearts fans from everywhere of course and I know we pull a good support from the Lothians , and not forgetting Fife.

Howdy Doody Jambo

I'm talking about Hearts and Hibs. Hibs are worse than us FFS. If the two clubs clear 20,000 season tickets between them for next season then that'll be an achievement. Shite figures in a city this size.

I agree 100% x is Edinburgh actually a football city, a population around half a million Why is this, it's not a good ratio per head compared to other cities

This was a positive thread about our ST sales.

Now everyone is talking about a crap support the two Edinburgh teams have.

Well done you are an expert in the field of negativity.  :thumbsdown:

Hearts have strong support.

Everywhere I go, mostly Edinburgh I meet Hearts fans some of whom live outside the city.

We're in a good position and getting stronger.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree the figures are shite. I am just mentioning the oft battered out myth that there are more Hibs fans in the City of Edinburgh than Hearts fans. A myth I've heard trotted out by Hibs fans my whole life.

Archived