HMRC Freeze Rangers Bank Accounts? Martin Bain Story (merged)

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Why do you think they did not punt jellyfish in the Summer, if the massive offers are to be believed?

they probably haven't paid for Jellyfish in full yet also it suits Craig Whyte to have as many valuable assets at point of insolvency that way he stands best chance of recouping his investment and / or carrying it forward into whatever form Rangers continue by........but i don't believe there was any concrete offers for Jellyfish - maybe an equiry but nothing more.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
marshallschunkychicken

Even IF rangers don't go under they face some major challenges and headaches to be able to continue as they are.

1. If they cannot even afford to pay their bills now before the big tax case hits and Craig Whyte states that they urgently need to reduce the wage bill by approx ?7M then they are facing a clear out of higher earners in january or next summer to bring the wage bill back into order.

2. Who will provide the funding to get them through to the end of the season if the hole in their finances is at least ?10M possibly ?20M due to no european money - the only way they can make good that sort of money is to sell anyone of value in January

3. IF the big tax bill lands then Rangers FC are fecked, they cannot carry on so they have a choice - fold all the assets into a new company and the current company would eventually be liquidated. The problem for a new company route is that under current rules SPL membership, SFA membership and player contracts are not easily transferable nor is obtaining a uefa license under these circumstances.

4. Who would provide the on-going financial requirement of a new Rangers company given the current RFC is struggling to meet it's financial commitments before any big tax bill lands?

There are no easy or painless answers for them unless there is a big influx of new money from somewhere AND the tax-payers (you & me) get royally shafted by RFC.

The thing is, if they need to cut the wage bill by ?7m, and this guy claims to have done due diligence, why did he put McGregor, Davis and Whittaker on ridiculous wages and long contracts as soon as he came in?

Charlie-Brown

The thing is, if they need to cut the wage bill by ?7m, and this guy claims to have done due diligence, why did he put McGregor, Davis and Whittaker on ridiculous wages and long contracts as soon as he came in?

the simple answer is so he can sell them and not lose them for nothing at the end of their contracts.

marshallschunkychicken

the simple answer is so he can sell them and not lose them for nothing at the end of their contracts.

I can see the underlying benefit in that, but it seems like he's gone way overboard on both wages and duration.

I really hope that they decide to stay put, especially Whittaker who is utterly horrific.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I don't think he expects to be paying their wages for much longer, and the longer the contracts, the more he can expect when he sells them.

Craig Whyte had to do something to get the Rangers fans on board early on in his takeover. Deals for McGregor, Davis and Whittaker (who was playing well at the time) sweetened up the supporters as well as being a good idea should any offers come in for them.

I also honestly believe the only reason Jelavic wasn't sold was to keep the supporters on board at the time too.

Its a wee bit off that the ***** responsible for the mess Rangers are in can secure dough from the boy trying to solve the problems in case it does all go tits up. Im sure the legalities are in their favour or the wouldnt be able to proceed but on a moral stand point, the hun fans want to be revolting against that baldy wee ###### bain and the other yin!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Its a wee bit off that the ***** responsible for the mess Rangers are in can secure dough from the boy trying to solve the problems in case it does all go tits up. Im sure the legalities are in their favour or the wouldnt be able to proceed but on a moral stand point, the hun fans want to be revolting against that baldy wee ###### bain and the other yin!

I think they already are :whistling:

Well we get about a million a year from tv - if that halved then I doubt it's be much of a problem... Plus, we'd have a better chance of winning things so attendances would go up IMO... I don think we'd be adversely affected.. Some clubs maybe - however if your dependent on the old firm to survive then probably best if you do go bust - what's the point

There is also the fact games will get played at a normal time, so crowds will increase for that reason too.

And we would play less on a Sunday, where crowds are less, hospitality will be less but stewarding and policing costs more simply because it is a Sunday.

We also have to remember Rangers and Celtic get but far the biggest chunk of TV money and beause all their away games are televised, they are the only teams to make money on every away game they play and that is not including the 5% charge they take to sell other teams ticket, though we rightly told them to beat it.

There is also the fact games will get played at a normal time, so crowds will increase for that reason too.

And we would play less on a Sunday, where crowds are less, hospitality will be less but stewarding and policing costs more simply because it is a Sunday.

We also have to remember Rangers and Celtic get but far the biggest chunk of TV money and beause all their away games are televised, they are the only teams to make money on every away game they play and that is not including the 5% charge they take to sell other teams ticket, though we rightly told them to beat it.

Correct. If the TV deal went down the pan, Celtic would be the team to struggle most. I really can't see one single long term negative of Rangers going to the wall

I don't think he expects to be paying their wages for much longer, and the longer the contracts, the more he can expect when he sells them.

Does he have anyone waiting to pay a fortune for those muppets? I think what he's done is probably to price himself out of the market in terms of selling them.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Does he have anyone waiting to pay a fortune for those muppets? I think what he's done is probably to price himself out of the market in terms of selling them.

I'm not saying anyone would pay a fortune for them under any circumstances but I see it as part of his short term plan by convincing their fans that he has a long term plan. It might also convince some of his smaller creditors that things are all tickety-boo down Ibrox way. Whyte is in it to make money for himself, and when he got them to sign these contracts, he, at least, would have had good selfish reason for doing it.

I'm not saying anyone would pay a fortune for them under any circumstances but I see it as part of his short term plan by convincing their fans that he has a long term plan. It might also convince some of his smaller creditors that things are all tickety-boo down Ibrox way. Whyte is in it to make money for himself, and when he got them to sign these contracts, he, at least, would have had good selfish reason for doing it.

That's it in a nutshell. By signing them he was able to demonstrate to the fans his "intent" to strengthen the team and thus have him looking like the saviour, while meanwhile ensuring that if & when they go he will be able to cite the fact that he got money for them rather than them leaving for free.

It wouldn't surprise me one iota if there is a release clause in there also should a club offer ?X million for them that suits both parties.

Did any of us honestly believe that Craig Gordon would stay to the conclusion of his new contract when he signed it??

Correct. If the TV deal went down the pan, Celtic would be the team to struggle most. I really can't see one single long term negative of Rangers going to the wall

Also with so many empty spaces at Parkhead already what would the incentive be to shell out for a season ticket? A lot of Celtic fans used to buy them to get 2 guaranteed OF games per year and first refusal on their seats for the CL games. Nowadays it is extremely unlikely that Celtic could qualify for the group stages of the CL. So if Rangers are down in the lower divisions why would these people buy a season ticket?

:pleasing:

jamboinglasgow

So is it today that the huns are supposed to be going into administration?!

Today's the day the teddy bears go into admin.

Seymour M Hersh

Today's the day the teddy bears go into admin.

Ah that well known and loved nursery rhyme "the teddy bears (are) sic nic"!

Read somewhere this morning that it's next month! Can anyone confirm when case is due.

Just mentioned on National news too. No date though.

Ho Ho Ho!:lol:

No wonder Whyte and Rangers were a bit peeved. His retort was a (predictable) beauty and went along the lines of 'I can save Rangers. I have the cash and the knowledge'. The only thing he missed was 'no, honestly, I can'. What a trumpet.:lol:

What are you guys watching? Thought the programme started at 7?

EDIT - The link above :vrface:

Read the bbc article alice.

Seems that there is a Sykes and a Fagan at RFC.

alleged criminality.

custodial sentence.

disqualified from holding a directorship.

:arry:

:turmoil:

:cornette:

:yas:

:pleasingao:

:verysmug:

FTFY :thumbsup:

marshallschunkychicken

Rangers are taking legal action against the bbc.

Why would 'Rangers' take legal action against the BBC, when the allegations were mainly against Craig Whyte?

screwing folk out of wages. :smuggy:

string of disolved companies. :smuggy:

BBC playing it safe by reliving the rangers glory years. BOAK!!!

Why would 'Rangers' take legal action against the BBC, when the allegations were mainly against Craig Whyte?

My apologies. I should have said Craig Whyte taking action against BBC.

Francis Albert

Indeed. If Whyte denies all the allegations, as the BBC report says, then he surely can't miss out on an opportunity to make some money by suing the BBC.

This programme is brilliant.

Put a huge smile on my face.

Total character assassination of Craig Whyte.

Rangers fans - if they can understand the big words about business and tax - will be squirming on their beanbags.

Genius.

Loving that we play them at the weekend.

Cardiac Rucksack

Hes over a barrell, the beeb wont have decided to do this lightly.

All we need is a pensioner greeting about lost income. :whistling:

fraudulent business practice. :smuggy:

running a company while disbarred as a director. :smuggy:

historical evaded taxes. :smuggy:

haw haw.... haw.

This programme is brilliant.

Put a huge smile on my face.

Total character assassination of Craig Whyte.

Rangers fans - if they can understand the big words about business and tax - will be squirming on their beanbags.

Genius.

Loving that we play them at the weekend.

Oh wait....now accusations of fraud ... hahahaa

it seems that lloyds forced through the takeover :pleasing:

alleged to have withdrawn ?100k on two separate occassions to pay the inland revenue but didn't

UPDATS PLAZ.

At work, can't watch this.

In a nutshell -

Connected to a convicted fraudster

Fraudulent business practices

Tax evasion

Banned from being a company director in the past

Previous businesses down the pan

Linked to people who have been banned from certain business practices

etc

etc

Archived