US Open 2011 official thread

shaun.lawson

I P Knightley

Djoko running away with the 3rd at the moment. Match could take a fair bit out of him though.

Only yesterday, I was wondering what kind of klutz managed to "double post".

...now I know.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray becomes only the 7th man in the Open era to make the semi finals of every major in the same year according to Sky. Impressive achievement for any top boey. :thumbsup:

Good performance and looks very comfortable on the surface. Problem he has is that 3 of the best players ever will also be in the semis.

This Nadal performance is unbelievable. Roddick is being taken apart, even on the points he plays well. :arry:

This is getting very frustrating.

Fully expected to have an evening watching a stream while the family sit in front of X Factor.

Most exciting pair of semi-finals that I can recall in years. So many storylines possible:

- Federer and Nadal cap their rivalry with a showdown, at last, in New York? Federer confirms once and for all his place as the GOAT by winning it?

- Djokovic responds to the threat posed by the Master by coming back and ultimately sealing a third Slam title this year?

- Nadal proves me and many others (but not, please note, Andy Gray) wrong, by bouncing back to his best and defending his title?

- Or Murray at last breaks through at the event people always considered represented his best chance of winning a major, in the process becoming a Scottish and British sporting legend?

All of the above are entirely possible. It's tremendous viewing. :thumbsup:

What time is Murray on and any boozers in town showing it?

Sometime between 9 and 10 the way the game is going just now.

Any decent boozer with Sky should have it.

Avoid George Street and you should be ok.

What part of town you thinking about?

Djoko starting to get a little bit flustered here but, credit to him, he's hanging in and not (yet) throwing in the towel. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him take the third set.

I'm not a fan of Djocko but I got 30 quid on him when he was 2 sets down so this is good. :thumbsup:

You should really have told us this when you placed the bet!! :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Incredible tennis. Would love Fed to find a way of taking the 5th!!

Right on Q, wonderful tennis, 0-30!

I think this is Murrays best chance of a major if Fed wins this game.

Bottle -- crash crash -- just when he need to serve well he collapsed to a series of second serves -- by the way Djokovic has a great sense of humour and theatre.

chester copperpot

Bottle -- crash crash -- just when he need to serve well he collapsed to a series of second serves -- by the way Djokovic has a great sense of humour and theatre.

I don't think you can ever accuse Fed of being a bottler likes,

Fed, Nadal and Djokovic are not only 3 of the all time great tennis players, but in their own individual ways are all brilliant, brilliant characters. Amazing for the game of tennis!

I don't think you can ever accuse Fed of being a bottler likes,

There is a time on the way up and when you are at the top you have no fear -- Federer is on the way down and pressure builds in majors as every one could be his last chance -- he is a great player -- was possibly the best but now suffers like many of them from pressure at the big points.

chester copperpot

There is a time on the way up and when you are at the top you have no fear -- Federer is on the way down and pressure builds in majors as every one could be his last chance -- he is a great player -- was possibly the best but now suffers like many of them from pressure at the big points.

What a match,

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Fed, Nadal and Djokovic are not only 3 of the all time great tennis players, but in their own individual ways are all brilliant, brilliant characters. Amazing for the game of tennis!

What is it you like about Feds character? I think he's an arrogant ^^^^ with his initials on all his gear and all that.

Nadal on the other hand ... :wub: So So respectful of everyone yet remains unbelievably competitive.

Looks like Djokovic has done the job for me. Never in doubt.

:look:

Fed's tightened up since he got within touching distance of the victory. Hitting everything too hard. Shame for the lad, but that's it I think.

Why has djokovic started moaning like a female on every shot ? pain in the arse

He's always been prone to gamesmanship.

I doubt I'll ever truly warm to him.

Archived