Celtic fans attacking stewards & IRA Chants

Happy Hearts

rossthejambo

Hardly being offensive or even confrontational I would call it being very frustrated and extremely pissed off that we as Hearts fans are having to raise these issues and go with begging bowls in hand to show that some of us are genuine and we should not all be tarred with the same brush as 1 arsehole.Ths should be reported along with the Lennon incident as it imo is much much worse.

I have since deleted my last post however there is no way on this earth that this will be raised on the Glasgow national news this evening.

From your original post showing what you tweeted it does come across a bit arsey tbh and I think he was quite right in replying the way he did. There's better ways to go about highlighting this video other than going off the handle at journalists because you seem to have made your mind up that they're going to do nothing about it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1

I expect you would want to be afforded common courtesy in your workplace - there is no profession where your standing legitimately allows others to be rude to you.

I too share the exact frustrations of yourself and Jamiej. I also understand that you are far more likely to get anywhere with people if you respect them and interact with them in a reasonable fashion.

Agree totally Borthers. It doesn't matter what your feelings are on this matter; should people choose to approach an organisation or media outlet, they should do so in a polite manner and put their case across in a well thought out manner. However, they have to also accept they may not get the reply they are hoping for. In relation to what went on in the Roseburn stand on Wednesday I would, respectfully, suggest that anyone looking to pass on the video that has appeared on here, for example, or details of the list of songs being sung, should be avoiding Scottish media outlets based in Glasgow, and instead forward this information on to English based media outlets.

For obvious reasons the English people view those who continue to show open support of a terrorist group differently from how people based and working in the West of Scotland will do, irrespective of those WoS people's underlying football allegiances.

The idea that such open support is being classed as political doesn't sit easy for English people who have seen the damage done by PIRA. And after all history shows that PIRA weren't political, they were "military/paramilitary". Over many years during the problems in Northern Ireland this was the great get out clause used by those accused of being members of PIRA. They openly stated they were actually members of Sinn Fein, the political wing of the Republican movement and not PIRA, which was only involved in a paramilitary means of achieving a goal.

If the correct people are approached they could potentially blow open the whole idea, openly supported by Celtic FC, who state their fans are not sectarian/bigoted but promoting a political viewpoint, and expose it as nothing more than open support of terrorism.

Destruction Derby

Is it worthwhile sending this to Hearts aswell so they can look into it or will they wash their hands with it and try get this matter forgotten about and move on?

Dr. Bapswent

I spoke at length to my mate who was on duty on Wednesday night and it was carnage.

A huge ruck in the Roseburn followed by the chaos in the stands.

His point was that for every person lifted it takes two officers out to remove them and process them. L&B simply don't have enough bodies on the ground, even at a Cat A game, to cover that kind of aggro.

They'd love to be able to steam in and lift folk for singing offensive songs etc but they simply haven't got the people to do it.

His point was with the state of the art CCTV that Hearts have they could and should be warning ST holders about their conduct with the threat of bans etc. Controversial stuff.

In reality it takes far more than 2 officers to arrest someone effectively if they don't want to be arrested.

More like 5-6.

it looks heavy handed but its the only way to do it safely without injury to the officers.

and almost impossible to do when you have a few hundred other around you intimidating and trying to prevent it happening.

Disgusting, Every single one of them on that video should be tracked down and arrested. Openly supporting a terrorist organisation... Arseholes.

Gods a Jambo

I probably did. Too many parallels with how Celtic fans are currently conducting themselves towards writers they believe are not being hard enough on us. I don't want to see us go down that route. I don't want us to be bracketed with them. We are, collectively, facing up to our problems in a way Celtic never have - let's continue that and not make ourselves out to be up with them in the paranoia stakes.

I see your point and no doubt you're seeing both sides of the coin. I want Hearts to have the same voice that celtic are being allowed, we are being branded the scum of the earth due to the actions of one man, a man who doesnt even look the full shilling to begin with. The media must approach this in a way that shows there is no moral high ground to be taken by either side in this whole incident. Celtic are allowed to play the victim card time and again, all the while evidence is there for all to see that this is untrue.

We have an element, a growing element within our fanbase who will indulge in sectarian chanting etc this will continue to grow so long as the Victims are allowed to carry on singing "folk songs" and bullying anyone who doesnt accept the Celtic way. A hatred is growing and a new generation of Hearts fans are growing up with this hatred, at the way in which Celtic as a club and fanbase conduct themselves.

It's no surprise to see Celtic fans acting like animals, as they have done so for years on almost every occasion they visit Tynecastle. However until we as Hearts fans put our own house in order i don't really see why we can claim any sort of moral high ground.

IMO Hearts should adopt a zero tolerance to any form of sectarianism, but i would also cut the allocation of tickets given to both Celtic and rangers. I would give them no more than the top half of one section.

[Mod Edit - keep references to flags out of it please]

As to the singing from the minority of idiots we have in our support, it think the club need to be far tougher. It cannot just be up to stewards and the club to eradicate the scummier elements of our support there should be far more self policing, as difficult as that would be.

For years we have heard things are getting better, but tbh its all hot air, until we admit ourselves WE have a problem nothing will change, and pointing the finger at others who are worse is not really going to help.

The Old Tolbooth

It's no surprise to see Celtic fans acting like animals, as they have done so for years on almost every occasion they visit Tynecastle. However until we as Hearts fans put our own house in order i don't really see why we can claim any sort of moral high ground.

Absolutely agree with that 100% mate, however I think most of us appreciate that we have our own problems, I just think we want to see fairer reporting on what actually happened during the match, the way it's been reported so far in Scotland is an utter disgrace, thank god for the English media!

Dunk-Section G

Has anyone sent this directly to Celtic? I visited their website yesterday to see if they had said anything relating to their singing and rioting, but was only confronted with Lawwel's statement relating to how bad Hearts and Scottish society was.

I see your point and no doubt you're seeing both sides of the coin. I want Hearts to have the same voice that celtic are being allowed, we are being branded the scum of the earth due to the actions of one man, a man who doesnt even look the full shilling to begin with. The media must approach this in a way that shows there is no moral high ground to be taken by either side in this whole incident. Celtic are allowed to play the victim card time and again, all the while evidence is there for all to see that this is untrue.

We have an element, a growing element within our fanbase who will indulge in sectarian chanting etc this will continue to grow so long as the Victims are allowed to carry on singing "folk songs" and bullying anyone who doesnt accept the Celtic way. A hatred is growing and a new generation of Hearts fans are growing up with this hatred, at the way in which Celtic as a club and fanbase conduct themselves.

No doubt about that. The club have to get to grips with this and weed these people out.

We have to admit that we have this problem and seek ways of remedying it.

The problem pertaining to the Celtic support in the Roseburn end also has to be sorted out as this has gone on for years. Indeed the only real respite we've had from their vile behaviour has been when their allocation for that end has been cut.

Time for positive action all round.

PsychocAndy

I've put it on Facebook, I'm half expecting a doing when I go out now.

I've put it on Facebook, I'm half expecting a doing when I go out now.

I done this and I had a celtic fan tell me it was only a minority.

:stare:

Nelly Terraces

Emailed everybody in Nelly's post.

Well done. I'm just putting together a generic email for them all (would like to to specific ones, but that would take forever). Will be emailing them later this afternoon.

Emailed everybody in Nelly's post.

Me too tae, Got a response from Michelle at Scotprem already indicating it would be passed on within the organisation :thumbsup:

No Brian McNally?

;)

Oh dear. Did I miss him? Shame, that. :)

He's too busy to read email anyway - he's twittering on about Rosa Parks (no kidding, have you seen it?) and Neil Lennon having saved their seats on the same bus or something equally ridiculous.

My Left Nut

Me too tae, Got a response from Michelle at Scotprem already indicating it would be passed on within the organisation :thumbsup:

Got that too, we can't be ignored! :thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

The guy in the White hoody hanging over the top left of the stairs swinging air punches 5ft above everyone's head :vrface::facepalm:

Have a look at how far he ran though just to get to that area. Also I think he just hits the cops hat. Looked like the cop looked up. Should be easily identified. If they try.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

[email protected]

If sky get this and air it on the news, celtic will be in bother.

The more people who see this, the more will get done.

Just sent to Sky Sports. :thumbsup:

Love how the Celtic fans are giving it the large one after the bother of roughing up a couple of stewards. They're usually not too keen out of Tynescastle, usually on their toes pretty sharply!

Someone post a template to send please.

I wouldn't do that AG. Some email software/filters might pick them up as duplicates or as junk. ;)

Send it to The scottish Parliament, first Minister is a Jambo maybe he could put it on his agenda as part of the "Anti

Sectarian Initiatve " he is always going on about !!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I wouldn't do that AG. Some email software/filters might pick them up as duplicates or as junk. ;)

:lenny:

Good point.

My Left Nut

Here is one of the responses I received.

Dear Mr Wills,

Many thanks for your email. I am forwarding it to Iain Blair, Operations Director at the Scottish Premier League, who are responsible for dealing with such matters.

I am sure Iain will be in touch with you in due course.

Regards,

Stewart M. Regan

Chief Executive

The Scottish F.A.

Tel: 0141 616 6004

Fax: 0141 616 6003

Hampden Park, Glasgow, G42 9AY, Scotland www.scottishfa.co.uk

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Don't wanna put the cat amongst the pigeons or anything but a steward or police officer did get involved violently with a female Celtic. I only just caught her being pulled down the steps and a load of Celtic fans piling in after her (where the video picks up) but it did happen. I'm not gonna try and guess why or what actually happened, just saying I did see a female Celtic fan get hauled down the stairs and down that tunnel.

Few others in section N saw it too.

Denny Crane

I blocked him yesterday when he started tweeting about a Catholic Uprising or something.

Patently smashed out his brain on Brasso.

image-93-110-auto-both-both-80-5.gif

His Twitter rantings were something else. Zinoviev eat your heart out! :lol:

Dunk-Section G

Fecking awful. 3 sentences about the police officer (No mention of the stewards or anything though) and then the rest of the article is focused on comments made on Facebook

:facepalm:

And nothing about the attacks on the kiosks.

Nelly Terraces

My 1st draft of email to accompany the footage. Will go back later and make changes then have to tweak it here and there depending on who I'm sending to:

Dear XXX,

Please see the attached footage of the abhorrent behaviour of the Celtic support from the match at Tynecastle on Wednesday 11th May. It clearly shows a large section the Celtic support physically attacking both Police and Stewards, as well as indulging in what I can only decribe as the most repulsive sectarian and pro IRA chanting from the entire 3500 people in that end of the ground.

As I'm sure you are now aware, there has been a fervent, almost hysterical, reaction, to the attack from one fan on the Celtic manager, Neil Lennon. Whilst not wishing to play down the actions of one crazed person, who has brought shame upon my football club, I feel it should be taken in context next to the behaviour of the entire 3500 Celtic support that evening. I find it sad that, up until now, this has gone almost totally unreported or highlighted by either the media or footballing authorties. There are any number of people lining up to rentaquote on the aformentioned attack on the Celtic team manager, yet not one person has sought to expose or condem the savagery of the thugs who outnumbered and attacked police officers, and the lowly paid, under resourced, stewards who are there to control these people. Are they deemed somehow beneath the Celtic manager in terms of their right not to be the subject of physical harm and intimidation whilst carry out their duties at work? No they are not. I also find it curious how the actions of 1 man seem more important than that of 3500. The only reason I can give to that is that it sits perfectly with the narrative of Celtic FC as perenial victims in relation to anything involving their football club, whilst never, at any time, assuming responsibility for the outrageous behaviour of both their almost fascistic followers or misguided pronouncements and actions of their team manager.

I don't expect to receive a response from you regarding this matter, but I would ask that it at least makes you think about the way this issue has been handled, and give thought as to why and how the outrageous actions within the attached footage have been ignored by the vast majority of those individuals and organisations who are only ready to highlight and condone the actions of a single person.

Regards,

Walter Bishop

This is a feckin scandalous piece of journalism, Hearts surely must take action....

119c841.jpg

The club needs to employ tougher security. Especially for matches against Hibs, Celtic and Rangers.

However I don't buy into the argument that stewards should do sweet FA just becuase they don't get paid a fortune. They've taken the job knowing what could possibly happen. They can't decide to take their money when the going's easy and do nothing when it gets tough.

If everybody had the same opinion that they were underpayed so they'll do nothing, then nothing would ever get done.

Tbh I'm a 5ft 2 woman who works for that company and I think I do more than a large percentage of the 6ft tall laddies who stand and look glaikit. RE the pay argument- Hearts pay ?12 per hour per safety steward (Not sure what they pay for security licensed stewards) but g4s only pay half of that to their employees. And if you are an sia licensed steward, half the time you don't even get paid sia rate but at the end of the day, people that choose this job know what they are getting paid and the job that they are supposed to do. I know it doesn't stop me doing my job but sadly a lot of people just stand and ignore situations allowing them to get out of hand. Having said that, the stewards in the Roseburn stand on Wednesday night, a lot of them looked like they weren't badged and therefore when being attacked by celtic fans the most they are allowed to do is use their voices and/or get a badged steward to deal with it, of which there didn't seem to be too many around.

hughesie27

The last sentence is a cracker in that article. Takes the moral high ground for the whole piece and then comes out with that pearl of hypocrisy!

Jamboelite

You reckon maybe adopting a slightly less hysterical approach might have helped matters?

The video is being watched in the STV newsroom right now. Continue being offensive to folk if you wish, but expect any sympathy for decent Hearts fans who have been caught up in this to diminish very quickly if you continue being a confrontational [Mod Edit].

Agreed I mean if your trying to get them to broadcast it why not come across as a normal human being and not some raving loony

I'll edit that not a raving looney but someone too angry to have a coherant dialogue with which immediately puts the person you are trying to ask help from not want to do anything.

Every tom, dick and harry are having a go at Hearts.

Nobody should ever take Nicholas seriously and as for Peter Lawell, he is trying his very best

to deflect attention from his clubs disgusting fans behavior.

He can't even get his lies right- rambling on about taking corners at the Gorgie Road end and about being abused and spat on. Now in these days wasn't that the "away" end!!

The whole article is a load of guff from the mind of a serious warped individual who has made no bones about his hatred of Hearts over the years. However, it's really just the sort of guff you expect from the express these days.

My Left Nut

A reply from Iain Blair:

Dear Mr Wills

Your complaint will be considered alongside reports, if any, from the Police Match Commander, the Referee and / or his Assistants, the SPL Match Delegate and the Clubs involved in the League Match in question.

In the event that this review leads to the opinion that there has been a failure by either Club to discharge their respective requirements under SPL Rules H7.5 and H7.6 then the SPL Board may initiate disciplinary proceedings.

Either the SPL Board or a committee of the SPL Board or a Commission appointed by the SPL Board would determine, following a hearing, whether there has in fact been any breach of or failure to fulfil the SPL Rules.

Any Commission so appointed shall comprise at least three members and, in the event of an allegation of a breach of SPL Rules H7.5 or H7.6, the chairman of the Commission shall be an advocate or solicitor of not less than 10 years standing.

In the event that the relevant body above determines that there has indeed been a breach of or failure to fulfil the SPL Rules then it might apply any of a wide range of sanctions. Any Club so sanctioned has the right of appeal to the Scottish Football Association.

Regards

Iain Blair

Operations Director &

Company Secretary

The Scottish Premier League Limited

Registered in Scotland - SC175364

Registered Office - Hampden Park, Glasgow, G42 9DE

Tel: +44 (0)141 620 4140

Fax: +44 (0)141 620 4141

john brownlee

My 1st draft of email to accompany the footage. Will go back later and make changes then have to tweak it here and there depending on who I'm sending to:

Dear XXX,

Please see the attached footage of the abhorrent behaviour of the Celtic support from the match at Tynecastle on Wednesday 11th May. It clearly shows a large section the Celtic support physically attacking both Police and Stewards, as well as indulging in what I can only decribe as the most repulsive sectarian and pro IRA chanting from the entire 3500 people in that end of the ground.

As I'm sure you are now aware, there has been a fervent, almost hysterical, reaction, to the attack from one fan on the Celtic manager, Neil Lennon. Whilst not wishing to play down the actions of one crazed person, who has brought shame upon my football club, I feel it should be taken in context next to the behaviour of the entire 3500 Celtic support that evening. I find it sad that, up until now, this has gone almost totally unreported or highlighted by either the media or footballing authorties. There are any number of people lining up to rentaquote on the aformentioned attack on the Celtic team manager, yet not one person has sought to expose or condem the savagery of the thugs who outnumbered and attacked police officers, and the lowly paid, under resourced, stewards who are there to control these people. Are they deemed somehow beneath the Celtic manager in terms of their right not to be the subject of physical harm and intimidation whilst carry out their duties at work? No they are not. I also find it curious how the actions of 1 man seem more important than that of 3500. The only reason I can give to that is that it sits perfectly with the narrative of Celtic FC as perenial victims in relation to anything involving their football club, whilst never, at any time, assuming responsibility for the outrageous behaviour of both their almost fascistic followers or misguided pronouncements and actions of their team manager.

I don't expect to receive a response from you regarding this matter, but I would ask that it at least makes you think about the way this issue has been handled, and give thought as to why and how the outrageous actions within the attached footage have been ignored by the vast majority of those individuals and organisations who are only ready to highlight and condone the actions of a single person.

Regards,

well done and totally agree Maybe a small mention that the ball boy/girls had to be taken away as their safety at the roseburn end was under threat

portobellojambo1

This is a feckin scandalous piece of journalism, Hearts surely must take action....

119c841.jpg

UEFA have already confirmed this all falls outwith their jurisdiction and they have no intention of getting involved, so Nicholas et al can bleat on all they want (and continue to deflect attention away from the odious scum who follow Celtic), but their wishes will not be met. Only UEFA can bar you from European competition.

A reply from Iain Blair:

Dear Mr Wills

Your complaint will be considered alongside reports, if any, from the Police Match Commander, the Referee and / or his Assistants, the SPL Match Delegate and the Clubs involved in the League Match in question.

In the event that this review leads to the opinion that there has been a failure by either Club to discharge their respective requirements under SPL Rules H7.5 and H7.6 then the SPL Board may initiate disciplinary proceedings.

Either the SPL Board or a committee of the SPL Board or a Commission appointed by the SPL Board would determine, following a hearing, whether there has in fact been any breach of or failure to fulfil the SPL Rules.

Any Commission so appointed shall comprise at least three members and, in the event of an allegation of a breach of SPL Rules H7.5 or H7.6, the chairman of the Commission shall be an advocate or solicitor of not less than 10 years standing.

In the event that the relevant body above determines that there has indeed been a breach of or failure to fulfil the SPL Rules then it might apply any of a wide range of sanctions. Any Club so sanctioned has the right of appeal to the Scottish Football Association.

Regards

Iain Blair

Operations Director &

Company Secretary

The Scottish Premier League Limited

Registered in Scotland - SC175364

Registered Office - Hampden Park, Glasgow, G42 9DE

Tel: +44 (0)141 620 4140

Fax: +44 (0)141 620 4141

Gid for you although it almost seems in the reply as if he is saying watch what you wish for in as much as it could yet again get turned on the club.

The bottom line is that I wouldnt hold my breath cos the most enlightning thing in his response comes right at the bottom and it begins with 0141 so coupled with the G42 post code dinnae get too expectant

Jesus wept !

EEN journalism = trawling the internet and 'writing' an article for a 'newspaper' based on the inflamatory ramblings of idiots & morons. By implication this is then attributed to Hearts fans. Absolutely laughable & pathetic.

119c841.jpg

" Hearts fans were singing we are the Billy Boys on Wednesday night" its near the bottom left hand column.

FFS he does not even know what we sing

What about Celtic chanting "Whos the P*ki in the Blue" in the second half to some asian Hearts fan? Then back into "Ooooh Ah Up the RA!"

They are a total disgrace.

What ever happened to Celtic's anti poppy protesters? They were meant to hunt out and ban all of these guys. Did that ever happen? Did it ****!

They are the only team in Scottish/Brittish football that are not going to wear a poppy on their shirt come rememberance Sunday.

They honestly get away with murder.

Also read in the Daily Star today that we were all singing the banned loyalist song "We are the Billy Boys". I mean come on, I think it was easy for everyone to hear that its we are the Gorgie Boys! Just like Kilmarnock sing we are the Killie boys!

It's unreal how celtic have managed once again to come across as the victims, hopefully

this video and others that were taken will begin to show the world that celtic have the

most disgusting fans in the world.

Hearts FC need to come out fighting and send out the message that the blame is firmly at celtics door

and should ban them from Tynecastle so that our fans dont have to put up with the truly shocking songs

and behavior.

Archived