Celtic fans attacking stewards & IRA Chants

Happy Hearts

I emailed your list. So far only got a reply from Barry Anderson, who ponted out he'd briefly mentioned the ira chants and trouble in article yesterday. Fair play to him for replying.

B anderson article

That was a good article by Banderson (Fair's fair, I give him stick when he's off the mark). That article needs wider circulation.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vlad-Stupid

Graeme Speirs on STV news saying the papal visit is undoubtedly to blame for fueling all the recent bigotry and problems the spl's had this season :lol:

scottish_chicP

Not looking like its going to be on STV news sadly. Ill watch through tho just to make sure!

I'm watching it too and was thinking the same. Not surprising though dry.gif

Vlad-Stupid

Not for want of trying by numerous voices in the newsroom.

Before you whack out the broad brushes ;)

Was always a tall order to be fair :(

Graeme Speirs on STV news saying the papal visit is undoubtedly to blame for fueling all the recent bigotry and problems the spl's had this season :lol:

Speirs can be a decent journalist at times but his brain has went off at some kind of whacky tangent on this one. I actually couldn't believe what he was saying.

Was always a tall order to be fair :(

Not really. Valid news with footage. Celtic protected as is the norm by bent hacks. While the Hearts report is all about fans and fencing.

Turncoat.

You clearly didn't try hard enough.

You are now part of the problem Borthers.

:lol:

all BBC scotland have to offer is... drum roll...

more pictures of lennon being attacked.

i guess all the victims of violent crime in the school end of tynecastle will have to play second fiddle then.

Paulie Walnut

STV bottled it.

Your having a laugh if you think this STV will ever report on this. They are an institutionalized roman catholic company.

Disclaimer- This is by no means a bigoted post i am reporting facts and not my opinion.

Tommy Wiseau

4 Reelz??

:facepalm:

And presumably the decision makers over-ruled? Shock. :down:

kingantti1874

Unbelievable, disgustingly biased reporting... What else can be said

Vlad-Stupid

Speirs can be a decent journalist at times but his brain has went off at some kind of whacky tangent on this one. I actually couldn't believe what he was saying.

I had to rewind it and play it back to make sure I heard right :lol: I don't mind speirs too much as he doesn't mind sticking the boot in to the OF but that was just mental :lol:

At least I can take solace in the fact I'm 'taking the Old Firm shilling' eh.

The hush money will never be enough.

Ghod blhess the Pope LP.

:D

Spiers was talking utter shite. People left, right and centre are clamouring for a reason for this recent rise whilst ignoring the most obvious one right infront of them. Lennon has been the catalyst to spark off all of this. His comments and his actions now and in the pass have caused a resurgence in this ugly undercurrent in Scottish society.

Tommy Wiseau

I'm going to hold a candlelit vigil for Graham Spiers' credibility. Who's with me?

Spiers was talking utter shite. People left, right and centre are clamouring for a reason for this recent rise whilst ignoring the most obvious one right infront of them. Lennon has been the catalyst to spark off all of this. His comments and his actions now and in the pass have caused a resurgence in this ugly undercurrent in Scottish society.

You are a disgrace! We all know Lennon is the new Jesus. Let us all now pray for Easter.

;)

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I'm going to hold a candlelit vigil for Graham Spiers' credibility. Who's with me?

Lighting candles, eh? Suspicious.....

Tommy Wiseau

Lighting candles, eh? Suspicious.....

Don't be an anti-Irish Catholic bigot, MM. Join me.

N0056901303383503546A-1.jpg

:thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Am I allowed to burn this candle or does that make me a bigot as well?

sacred-heart-jesus-full.jpg

Tommy Wiseau

You disgust me, you anti-Israelite bigot. :down:

WE ARE ALL JESUS

Light hepatitis Jesus up and watch his holy head slowly melt away. Who finds this stuff appealing. :huh:

Ray Winstone

Light hepatitis Jesus up and watch his holy head slowly melt away. Who finds this stuff appealing. :huh:

Jaundice surely?

ring-of-fire

does the BBC not have an obligation to deliver completely unbiased journalism giving all sides of the story?! Surely they HAVE to report on this when talking about all the incident's on Wednesday?

Denny Crane

He's under a bit of flack at the minute. The delluded Celtic fan/hack that is Brian McNally is hounding him on Twitter thinking Spiers to have some anti-Celtic agenda.

Vlad-Stupid

Well done Allan :thumbsup:

Maybe for once it won't be so bad having the widespread Rankers support on our side. If they make a stink of it, the laptopz may just take a bit of notice

Sky must have better coverage of this incedent but yet again are covering up for this vile mob.

:verymad:

Sky must have better coverage of this incedent but yet again are covering up for this vile mob.

:verymad:

the sky cameras were focusing on lennon and andy walker was mentioning some disgusting scenes where hearts fans were fighting celtic fans in the stands. you could hear hearts fans shouting scum and now i know why but there was no coverage on the live game. maybe another camera caught it, well hopefully.

Surely Hearts have cctv footage which could be released through the appropriate channels (or is that being held in reserve?)

vegas-voss
<br />the sky cameras were focusing on lennon and andy walker was mentioning some disgusting scenes where hearts fans were fighting celtic fans in the stands. you could hear hearts fans shouting scum and now i know why but there was no coverage on the live game. maybe another camera caught it, well hopefully.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Na Walker said - there now seems to be some trouble in other parts of the stadium,in the Celtic end and shamefully the Hearts fans are loving it.

<br /><br /><br />

Na Walker said - there now seems to be some trouble in other parts of the stadium,in the Celtic end and shamefully the Hearts fans are loving it.

well the sky cameras never caught it. im sure walker mentioned fans fighting and i was trying to work out how on earth hearts fans could get near the away end. cheers for clearing that up

Don't know if this has already been posted but does Anyone know anything about this alleged incident ?

"In the directors box, three individuals were singled out by stewards, and reacted with fury before then approaching Dr John Reid, the Celtic chairman, to smooth out whatever the disturbance had been."

Taken from HeraldScotland

jack D and coke

<br /><br /><br />

Wa*ker said "Hearts fans to their eternal shame are lapping this up"

It's almost been a witchhunt but it's absolutely no surprise how many of these ex celtic tramps are sticking the boot right into us.

Get it right up them. Celtic and their vile manky ex players and supporters make every hair on my body stand up and every inch of my skin crawl. They utterly disgust me.

jack D and coke

Don't know if this has already been posted but does Anyone know anything about this alleged incident ?

"In the directors box, three individuals were singled out by stewards, and reacted with fury before then approaching Dr John Reid, the Celtic chairman, to smooth out whatever the disturbance had been."

Taken from HeraldScotland

MOD EDIT. What a odious individual that man is.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Anyone see news at ten there (itv), they had some montage about Glasgow and sectarianism. Mentioned Neil lennon's woes this year but no mention of the other night or Hearts. Bet the mhanky mob will be spewing at that

vegas-voss
<br />Wa*ker said "Hearts fans to their eternal shame are lapping this up"<br /><br />It's almost been a witchhunt but it's absolutely no surprise how many of these ex celtic tramps are sticking the boot right into us.<br /><br />Get it right up them. Celtic and their vile manky ex players and supporters make every hair on my body stand up and every inch of my skin crawl. They utterly disgust me.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Knew it was something along those lines

mulleted_jambo

Craig Levein came across well there on the Friday night football programme. Totally agreed with what he said. Paul Lamberts a bawbag though.

Jambo Hud316

What an absolute a-hole Charlie Nicholas is with that article, no doubt we can expect more on sunday from the likes of Davie Provan in the NOTW.

Hope ex jambos such as Robbo and Gary Mackay don't hold back in their relevant newspaper columns bringing up the actions of the vermin in the Roseburn stand

Agree totally Borthers. It doesn't matter what your feelings are on this matter; should people choose to approach an organisation or media outlet, they should do so in a polite manner and put their case across in a well thought out manner. However, they have to also accept they may not get the reply they are hoping for. In relation to what went on in the Roseburn stand on Wednesday I would, respectfully, suggest that anyone looking to pass on the video that has appeared on here, for example, or details of the list of songs being sung, should be avoiding Scottish media outlets based in Glasgow, and instead forward this information on to English based media outlets.

For obvious reasons the English people view those who continue to show open support of a terrorist group differently from how people based and working in the West of Scotland will do, irrespective of those WoS people's underlying football allegiances.

The idea that such open support is being classed as political doesn't sit easy for English people who have seen the damage done by PIRA. And after all history shows that PIRA weren't political, they were "military/paramilitary". Over many years during the problems in Northern Ireland this was the great get out clause used by those accused of being members of PIRA. They openly stated they were actually members of Sinn Fein, the political wing of the Republican movement and not PIRA, which was only involved in a paramilitary means of achieving a goal.

If the correct people are approached they could potentially blow open the whole idea, openly supported by Celtic FC, who state their fans are not sectarian/bigoted but promoting a political viewpoint, and expose it as nothing more than open support of terrorism.

Excellent post, as someone who was born in England and lived there through the 70s my dislike of Celtic has nothing to do with religion, bigotry or the like, its purely about this. Car bombings etc were a fact of life where I lived and the IRA were viewed in a similar way to Al-Quaeda are now except they were far more active and a real bogey man, people dont forget this in a hurry and English people would generally be pretty horrified to hear the bile that a sizeable chunk of the Celtic support spew out.

mickmaroon

Editorial in this morning's Hootsmon. A rare piece of sanity:

http://sport.scotsman.com/celticfc/Leader-Celtic-also-have-a.6767978.jp

Leader: Celtic also have a role in beating sectarianism

Published Date: 14 May 2011

Security at tomorrow's Scottish Premier League title deciders involving Celtic and Rangers is to be, in the words of Strathclyde Police, "as big an operation as we have ever mounted".

More than 1,000 officers will be deployed across the region. There will be a "ring of steel" around Celtic Park and at Rugby Park in Kilmarnock.

If this is to be the face of Scottish football, it is a deeply depressing prospect. No less depressing is the view that we are witnessing the surfacing of anti-Catholicism endemic across all walks of Scottish life. While sectarian violence and boorish behaviour are to be deplored, it is deeply inaccurate and inflammatory to suggest this is but one manifestation of more widespread hatred and intolerance of Catholics. The vast majority of Scots simply do not recognise their country in this caricature. Others may well see it as an attempt to deflect attention from the need for club officials to take responsibility.

But such is the extremity of thinking behind the assertion this is a problem for which all non-Catholics shoulder some blame, even attempts at reasoned denial are denounced as evidence of the depth of prejudice. Denial becomes evidence for the prosecution - maybe Celtic chairman John Reid hasn't quite left his Communist days behind.

Certainly, we must be vigilant in seeking to repel, isolate and eradicate sectarianism, but this is a symptom of wider social problems like the culture of drug and alcohol abuse and violence fed and fuelled at football grounds. Celtic cannot shrug off their responsibilities.

florahearts

Craig Levein came across well there on the Friday night football programme. Totally agreed with what he said. Paul Lamberts a bawbag though.

So glad Craig Levein came across so well, It disgusts me what is being said about my beloved Hearts. I hate anything to do with secterian rants. I have followed Hearts since I was a wee lassie, and went to the games with my beloved Dad (god rest him), worked to pay for my season ticket like many other fans, then for some half wits like galloway,Nicholas, Lambert and Guidi to slag us off saying we should be banned closed etc., when the scum of the earth get off scot free, it really is time for something to be done about it. The Celtic fans on Wed were lower than a snakes belly. Times have got a lot worse still Lennon became a manager, he was a erse as a player a biger erse as a manager

Jambotommy

So glad Craig Levein came across so well, It disgusts me what is being said about my beloved Hearts. I hate anything to do with secterian rants. I have followed Hearts since I was a wee lassie, and went to the games with my beloved Dad (god rest him), worked to pay for my season ticket like many other fans, then for some half wits like galloway,Nicholas, Lambert and Guidi to slag us off saying we should be banned closed etc., when the scum of the earth get off scot free, it really is time for something to be done about it. The Celtic fans on Wed were lower than a snakes belly. Times have got a lot worse still Lennon became a manager, he was a erse as a player a biger erse as a manager

Best.post.ever.

Happy Hearts

Yet still nothing in the media? Keep sharing and post on all football forums.

You Tube Stats:

#55 - Most Discussed (Today) - United Kingdom

#1 - Most Discussed (Today) - Sports - United Kingdom

#27 - Most Discussed (Today) - Sports

#11 - Most Viewed (Today) - United Kingdom

#159 - Most Viewed (Today) - Ireland

#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - Sports - United Kingdom

#33 - Most Viewed (Today) - Sports

#101 - Most Viewed (Today) - Sports - Australia

#184 - Most Viewed (Today) - Sports - Canada

#104 - Top Favorited (Today) - United Kingdom

#3 - Top Favorited (Today) - Sports - United Kingdom

#61 - Top Favorited (Today) - Sports

#27 - Top Rated (Today) - Sports - United Kingdom

Happy Hearts

Now front page most popular on youtube under sports. If the media wont mention it, we can do the job for them.

Archived