Bin Laden dead

Peebo

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jam Tarts 1874

Are all the people killed in the compound Muslim? If so why then were their bodies not also disposed of quickly to "adhere to Muslim rites"?

No arms found anywhere in the compound - seems strange considering the world's number one bad guy was supposed to have been living there.

The whole thing stinks as does the USA's foreign policy along with it's version of justice.

Jam Tarts 1874

Does anyone think I am bothered about human rights. How many innocents would have been murdered in terrorist reprisals if OBL was captured alive. If the Americans wanted him alive he would have been taken alive.

Now if only Obama would grow another pair and do the same with Gaddaffi, how many more civilians have died needlessly because of dithering by the West. We were told that there would be no more Bosnia, Kosovo or Rwanda yet we have Misurata.

BTW, this reaction by the US was well over the top. OBL was an ill cripple who could have been taken alive (unarmed and resisting arrest - my erse) his execution was just vengence for 9/11. Obama is an all-American hero now, even if he wasn't actually born there.

How many more civilians will continue to be killed by the west's interference? Obama has been killing innocent people in Pakistan with his drones, don't hear much about that in the news do you?!

Geoff Kilpatrick

So far, we've had

• "Bin Laden" was armed and hiding behind a woman and that had to change
  • The President was watching on a video link, which actually went down. Picture released, however, implies that Obama watched the actual execution

I can believe this given that the CIA wouldn't necessarily want to backtrack on these matters.

So, the "proof" that this is "Bin Laden" is based on facial recognition, height samples and a DNA sample based on a dead sibling in Boston.

The problem with that is that a sibling study can take a couple of weeks, yet within hours this DNA confirms that this is Bin Laden?

Hmmm.....

So far, we've had

• The President was watching on a video link, which actually went down. Picture released, however, implies that Obama watched the actual execution

I can believe this given that the CIA wouldn't necessarily want to backtrack on these matters.

So, the "proof" that this is "Bin Laden" is based on facial recognition, height samples and a DNA sample based on a dead sibling in Boston.

The problem with that is that a sibling study can take a couple of weeks, yet within hours this DNA confirms that this is Bin Laden?

Hmmm.....

Geoff, regarding the time issue, I think they might just be able to perform the calculations a little bit quicker given the nature of the occasion.

What you have posted is the times given to the public for DNA testing. It does not take someone a full 2-3 weeks to perform these calculations.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff, regarding the time issue, I think they might just be able to perform the calculations a little bit quicker given the nature of the occasion.

What you have posted is the times given to the public for DNA testing. It does not take someone a full 2-3 weeks to perform these calculations.

True, but the point was the method. It's good work to get such a definitive result in such a short space of time.

Listen to some of you. At least the Yanks don`t **** about. This country is going down hill in so many ways and the same people who like to stick the boot into their own country would be the first to hide behind it`s protectors if the sh it hit the fan in a more global way or if Britain was victim to more widespread terrorism.

Sometimes you wonder if we are too much of a democracy? Not got the time but how many people have we educated in this country(count USA in this too) that have went on to turn arms against us?

I think some of you would like OBL to still be alive. One less nut in the world is all good to me and it will send shivers down his henchmen who`ll now think they could be hunted down and found.

You moan about the West`s involvement in other countries but if they didn`t get involved then everyone is up in arms and wondering why we aren`t concerned.It`s a Catch 22 and they`ll never keep everyone happy no matter what they do.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Listen to some of you. At least the Yanks don`t **** about. This country is going down hill in so many ways and the same people who like to stick the boot into their own country would be the first to hide behind it`s protectors if the sh it hit the fan in a more global way or if Britain was victim to more widespread terrorism.

Sometimes you wonder if we are too much of a democracy? Not got the time but how many people have we educated in this country(count USA in this too) that have went on to turn arms against us?

I think some of you would like OBL to still be alive. One less nut in the world is all good to me and it will send shivers down his henchmen who`ll now think they could be hunted down and found.

You moan about the West`s involvement in other countries but if they didn`t get involved then everyone is up in arms and wondering why we aren`t concerned.It`s a Catch 22 and they`ll never keep everyone happy no matter what they do.

You really think this makes one iota of difference to the level of terrorist threat out there?

You really think this makes one iota of difference to the level of terrorist threat out there?

There`s always been terrorism. It doesn`t take an organisation to do it. A person could be down on life, spurned , and decides he/she wants to blow a building up. You`ll never catch all the nutters but you`ve got to try and one less is better than one more.

Could be a thankless task but you just can`t sit back and let them do it. The reasons why they do it is a another and bigger debate as being discussed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So far, we've had

Hmmm.....

Just out of interest (and this is a genuine question), is your opinion that Bin Laden wasn't killed on Sunday? Don't say you don't know or can't be sure - gut feeling, yes or no?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just out of interest (and this is a genuine question), is your opinion that Bin Laden wasn't killed on Sunday? Don't say you don't know or can't be sure - gut feeling, yes or no?

My gut feeling is if this guy wasn't Bin Laden, he was going to be Bin Laden. My instinct therefore is No.

And that's leaving aside my assertion that it couldn't have been him! :)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

My gut feeling is if this guy wasn't Bin Laden, he was going to be Bin Laden. My instinct therefore is No.

Fair enough. Personally I think it was

If it wasn`t does that not mean he could air one of his customery video blogs and say "im here!"?.....

Honestly, people are too consumed with conspiracy theories nowadays. I don`t see any reason for the USA to make it up. As said, Bin Laden could easily quash anything said or believed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If it wasn`t does that not mean he could air one of his customery video blogs and say "im here!"?.....

Honestly, people are too consumed with conspiracy theories nowadays. I don`t see any reason for the USA to make it up. As said, Bin Laden could easily quash anything said or believed.

Unless he was already deed which I think is Geoff's point

H J Simpson

'Children would kick balls over Osama bin Laden's garden wall and never get them back, neighbours revealed yesterday.' - The Sun

The more you learn about Osama, the less there is to like.

I pesonally was surprised to find out that Robbie Neilson holidays in Pakistan

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ok, let's leave aside the "conspiracy theories" and assume it was him.

Do you not think that if you are Bin Laden that death is a "good career move"? What better way to re-ignite your movement than your own death by the "Great Satan"?

Who gains more in the longer term?

kingantti1874

Unless he was already deed which I think is Geoff's point

man is this still going on...this is just absolutely silly, why have prominent osama worshipers not looked to discredit the US then?

its beena few days now and not a peep other than his daughter saying she saw him shot, the rest of his family in hospital in karachi.. none of the terorist factions, none of the political factions associated with him or the pakistani government have voiced even the slightest doubt that he was killed this week...

do we know all the facts leading upto and surroudning the operation - almost certainly not so there is a worthwhile debate there...

Dusk_Till_Dawn

man is this still going on...this is just absolutely silly, why have prominent osama worshipers not looked to discredit the US then?

its beena few days now and not a peep other than his daughter saying she saw him shot, the rest of his family in hospital in karachi.. none of the terorist factions, none of the political factions associated with him or the pakistani government have voiced even the slightest doubt that he was killed this week...

do we know all the facts leading upto and surroudning the operation - almost certainly not so there is a worthwhile debate there...

You're preaching to the converted in me mate

Geoff Kilpatrick

Funny you should say that. Worst debriefing ever or make it up as you go along?

But of course, everyone was watching a video link but, er, no they weren't!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/may/05/osama-bin-laden-death-aftermath

Ok, let's leave aside the "conspiracy theories" and assume it was him.

Do you not think that if you are Bin Laden that death is a "good career move"? What better way to re-ignite your movement than your own death by the "Great Satan"?

Who gains more in the longer term?

Or...his henchman go on the run knowing the West can get at them? Yes, there`s other factions but, going by reports, they are being caught before any more wrong doing.

So, your saying we just leave those guys alone then? Like Tony Blair said, and what most people probably think, is that he recognises it might spark reprisals but all the same you can`t continue to let these people plot and act out terrorism.

Surely you see that?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Or...his henchman go on the run knowing the West can get at them? Yes, there`s other factions but, going by reports, they are being caught before any more wrong doing.

So, your saying we just leave those guys alone then? Like Tony Blair said, and what most people probably think, is that he recognises it might spark reprisals but all the same you can`t continue to let these people plot and act out terrorism.

Surely you see that?

I'm not saying that at all. It's become pretty clear that this guy was unarmed. Now, if it was him, what better way to show the triumph of democracy and the rule of law by putting him on trial for his crimes?

kingantti1874

You're preaching to the converted in me mate

yeah sorry mate -yours was just the one i replied to..

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Scepticism is very healthy and necessary - you only have to look at Menezes to know that the official line always needs questioning. Obama and his boys had it coming the moment they started giving inaccurate briefings - but I still believe them when they say it was bin Laden who died

Seymour M Hersh

Pretty sure he wasnt. thumbsup.gif

Pretty sure they matched the DNA to his sister who died of cancer(or some other disease) in Boston Mass.

maroonlegions

This below is very interesting on Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, if one can look beyond that he said these things on a Alex Jones show several years ago,then the question is why would he come out in the open with such revelations;I think that Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik primary revelations BEFORE they are dismissed because he said it on a Alex Jones radio show are very important here, given his background,him being in a very credible position to be in the know and the positions he held and still does adds some credibility that not all that glitters is gold in the case of Bin Laden"S death,when he died, the possible real motives for Obama and those he serves and the whole "Alice in Wonderland" like media/governmental/military/intelligences perceptions currently being spoon fed to the worlds masses by their media;Also is this just a case of him putting out feelers for his books, risky i would say given the very serious implication's of his revelations not only on himself but the nature of past and present USA governments and their circle of trust by the rest of the world;ML; :woot:

Quote;

"Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under three different Presidents and still works with the Defense Department, shockingly told The Alex Jones Show yesterday that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001 and that he was prepared to testify in front of a grand jury how a top general told him directly that 9/11 was a false flag inside job".

link; http://gregoryfegel.sulekha.com/blog/post/2011/05/former-u-s-deputy-assistant-secretary-of-state-says.htm

quote;

"Pieczenik cannot be dismissed as a ?conspiracy theorist?.He served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations, Nixon, Ford and Carter, while also working under Reagan and Bush senior, and still works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. A former US Navy Captain, Pieczenik achieved two prestigious Harry C. Solomon Awards at the Harvard Medical School as he simultaneously completed a PhD at MIT".

Dr. Pieczenik has previously had at least two articles published in the American Intelligence Journal, a peer-reviewed journal published by the National Military Intelligence Association; :geek:

link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pieczenik

quote;

"Trained in psychiatry at Harvard University and international relations at M.I.T., his novels are based on over twenty years experience resolving international crises and hostage situations for the Department of State for four administrations"

link for above quote and Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik web site;http://www.stevepieczenik.com/

tcterror.gif

****************************************************************************************************************************

Below is the interview and transcript of that interview with Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik;ML; :woot:

Pieczenik April 24, 2002 Interview on AJ show;

http://www.prisonplanet.com/jones_report_042402_pieczenik.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?gifpy7bvp6caxqb

TRANSCRIPT: The Jones Report Steve Pieczenik Paradigm Management: (A cleaned up copy of interview above - Fixed typos and some grammar)

kingantti1874

This below is very interesting on Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, if one can look beyond that he said these things on a Alex Jones show several years ago,then the question is why would he come out in the open with such revelations;I think that Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik primary revelations BEFORE they are dismissed because he said it on a Alex Jones radio show are very important here, given his background,him being in a very credible position to be in the know and the positions he held and still does adds some credibility that not all that glitters is gold in the case of Bin Laden"S death,when he died, the possible real motives for Obama and those he serves and the whole "Alice in Wonderland" like media/governmental/military/intelligences perceptions currently being spoon fed to the worlds masses by their media;Also is this just a case of him putting out feelers for his books, risky i would say given the very serious implication's of his revelations not only on himself but the nature of past and present USA governments and their circle of trust by the rest of the world;ML; :woot:

Quote;

"Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under three different Presidents and still works with the Defense Department, shockingly told The Alex Jones Show yesterday that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001 and that he was prepared to testify in front of a grand jury how a top general told him directly that 9/11 was a false flag inside job".

link; http://gregoryfegel.sulekha.com/blog/post/2011/05/former-u-s-deputy-assistant-secretary-of-state-says.htm

quote;

"Pieczenik cannot be dismissed as a ?conspiracy theorist?.He served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations, Nixon, Ford and Carter, while also working under Reagan and Bush senior, and still works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. A former US Navy Captain, Pieczenik achieved two prestigious Harry C. Solomon Awards at the Harvard Medical School as he simultaneously completed a PhD at MIT".

Dr. Pieczenik has previously had at least two articles published in the American Intelligence Journal, a peer-reviewed journal published by the National Military Intelligence Association; :geek:

link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pieczenik

quote;

"Trained in psychiatry at Harvard University and international relations at M.I.T., his novels are based on over twenty years experience resolving international crises and hostage situations for the Department of State for four administrations"

link for above quote and Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik web site;http://www.stevepieczenik.com/

tcterror.gif

****************************************************************************************************************************

Below is the interview and transcript of that interview with Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik;ML; :woot:

Pieczenik April 24, 2002 Interview on AJ show;

http://www.prisonplanet.com/jones_report_042402_pieczenik.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?gifpy7bvp6caxqb

TRANSCRIPT: The Jones Report Steve Pieczenik Paradigm Management: (A cleaned up copy of interview above - Fixed typos and some grammar)

should have told his wife and daughters - theyve been living with a lookalike for years...never even noticed...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pretty sure they matched the DNA to his sister who died of cancer(or some other disease) in Boston Mass.

And as I linked above, the turnaround in that result was pretty amazing....

Supposedly Al Q has released a statement via Al J to say he is dead. Whether or not that is accurate though...

jambovambo

should have told his wife and daughters - theyve been living with a lookalike for years...never even noticed...

Rudolph Hess there too?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Al-Qaeda are in on the conspiracy aswell?! :whistling:

Al-Qaeda 'confirms Osama Bin Laden dead'

Not necessarily a conspiracy. As I said above, irrespective of whether Bin Laden is dead years ago, killed by the Americans the other day or still alive, death at the hands of the "Great Satan" is a great career move.

shaun.lawson

Not necessarily a conspiracy. As I said above, irrespective of whether Bin Laden is dead years ago, killed by the Americans the other day or still alive, death at the hands of the "Great Satan" is a great career move.

Geoff,

Why are you incapable of accepting he was killed, by the Americans, a few days ago?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff,

Why are you incapable of accepting he was killed, by the Americans, a few days ago?

I'm not "incapable" of accepting it.

I'm waiting for evidence to prove it.

I've already said that on umpteen occasions on this thread.

shaun.lawson

I'm not "incapable" of accepting it.

I'm waiting for evidence to prove it.

I've already said that on umpteen occasions on this thread.

What more evidence do you need than al-Qaeda acknowledging it?! And you'd rather he was made even more of a martyr figure, and inspired even more terrorists, all to satisfy your quest for 'evidence'? :blink:

Geoff Kilpatrick

What more evidence do you need than al-Qaeda acknowledging it?! And you'd rather he was made even more of a martyr figure, and inspired even more terrorists, all to satisfy your quest for 'evidence'? :blink:

Ok, so this statement comes out and this is the evidence. If they had come out and said this is BS, Bin Laden is still alive, would you have accepted that in the same fashion? I'm willing to bet you would want evidence of that, despite this in effect being the US Govt's word against a terrorist group!

As for martyrdom, that's the "big pregnant" argument. There was no reason not to capture this guy and make him stand trial.

BTW, a lot of things have been thrown at me on this thread about believing he was brown already. However, they are missing one key thing in that this bloke's execution has done absolutely NOTHING to make the world a safer place.

hughesie27

Ok, so this statement comes out and this is the evidence. If they had come out and said this is BS, Bin Laden is still alive, would you have accepted that in the same fashion? I'm willing to bet you would want evidence of that, despite this in effect being the US Govt's word against a terrorist group!

As for martyrdom, that's the "big pregnant" argument. There was no reason not to capture this guy and make him stand trial.

BTW, a lot of things have been thrown at me on this thread about believing he was brown already. However, they are missing one key thing in that this bloke's execution has done absolutely NOTHING to make the world a safer place.

Umm...no.

In effect this is the two organisations agreeing with each other.

Let it go Geoff. :ermm:

I suspect even if they released the photos you would still deny his demise.

Umm...no.

Maybe Geoff is Bin Laden? That would make sense :unsure:

shaun.lawson

There was a quite colossal reason. Hostage taking of Westerners by terrorist groups trying to bargain with the authorities. What a barrel of laughs that would've been.

When even al-Qaeda admit the guy's dead, Geoff, you know the game is up.

hughesie27

Maybe Geoff is Bin Laden? That would make sense :unsure:

:huh:

The statement published on jihadist web forums said an audiotape would be released of the al-Qaeda leader speaking a week before his death.

Geoff gearing up for one final tape.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Umm...no.

Sigh! Read it again...

BTW, what does "let it go" mean? Accept they got him and take the US's word for everything. Post Lockerbie trial, post Iraqi WMD, why should anyone do that?

hughesie27

Sigh! Read it again...

BTW, what does "let it go" mean? Accept they got him and take the US's word for everything. Post Lockerbie trial, post Iraqi WMD, why should anyone do that?

Read it again, you are right

Bit in bold....

No, we don't need to take their word for everything. But the evidence supporting his death last week and the total stupidity and impossibility of the US to be able to pull this off, prove that faking his death last sunday is not a possibility.

Geoff Kilpatrick

There was a quite colossal reason. Hostage taking of Westerners by terrorist groups trying to bargain with the authorities. What a barrel of laughs that would've been.

When even al-Qaeda admit the guy's dead, Geoff, you know the game is up.

And what a laugh hundreds of new terrorist recruits will be Shaun.

There is no victory here for the Americans, except for a sense of revenge.

Tell you what though, if I had said he didn't die years ago but with the Americans behaviour that I think they got the wrong guy, would I still be wearing tinfoil on my head?

shaun.lawson

Tell you what though, if I had said he didn't die years ago but with the Americans behaviour that I think they got the wrong guy, would I still be wearing tinfoil on my head?

Yes. :Agree: With pencils up your nose too. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

The American people have every single right to enjoy their revenge. And to be honest - aq and spin off Islamic terrorist group appear to be nowhere near as capable as they were in the early art of last decade to strike significantly... I'd say they've done not too bad a job in all honesty

maroonlegions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hYorNi0nA

This was uploaded on u -tube about 4 years ago;They either exist or don"t BBC, make your minds up; :whistling:

quote;

"Al Qaeda = the base + i arabic word = the data base;

al qaeda is basically just a database of names of jihads who fought the commies in afghanistan in the 80s ! pass this on"

jambovambo

The American people have every single right to enjoy their revenge. And to be honest - aq and spin off Islamic terrorist group appear to be nowhere near as capable as they were in the early art of last decade to strike significantly... I'd say they've done not too bad a job in all honesty

Is "revenge" the way to go?

Isn't the moral high ground always worth maintaining?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes. :Agree: With pencils up your nose too. :thumbsup:

Cool, so your considered view is that nothing dodgy at all happened then? Strike one for Team America!

Archived