What channel is the Celtic game on? / Streaming (merged)

Dunk-Section G

Flashsportstreams.com is better than streampro - fact.

Edit that, they aren't showing it tomorrow. Weird. I'll mail them

lol

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys

I'm planning on using this tonight for the first time. Any chance you could give me a bit advice?

I've used streams a lot in the past, but only on my PC - tonight I want to attempt using the PS3 like you have so have a couple of questions.

Do you know if I can subscribe on the PC then simply log in on the PS3 to view?

I don't have the keyboard for the PS3 so would be using the control pad to enter text. Is this going to be a right pain?

HMFC_Riley, is Flash already installed on the PS3 or will I need to download that first?

Sorry if I'm coming over a bit clueless, I've got a couple of mates coming up to watch the game so trying to make sure I get it right. Plan B isn't too bad either though, Hibs v Rangers on the TV and Celtic v Hearts on the PC.

:thumbsup:

Hey bud, yeah I've streamed loads of games on my brothers ps3 before no problem. Just set it up on your pc first to make it easier though seen as you don't have the keyboard.

BoJack Horseman

I'll be streaming from whatever footballstreaming.info have to offer me tonight. Got the projector out, the beers in the fridge and will be watching this felly on my wall. Can't wait.

Dean Winchester

Guys

I'm planning on using this tonight for the first time. Any chance you could give me a bit advice?

I've used streams a lot in the past, but only on my PC - tonight I want to attempt using the PS3 like you have so have a couple of questions.

Do you know if I can subscribe on the PC then simply log in on the PS3 to view?

I don't have the keyboard for the PS3 so would be using the control pad to enter text. Is this going to be a right pain?

HMFC_Riley, is Flash already installed on the PS3 or will I need to download that first?

Sorry if I'm coming over a bit clueless, I've got a couple of mates coming up to watch the game so trying to make sure I get it right. Plan B isn't too bad either though, Hibs v Rangers on the TV and Celtic v Hearts on the PC.

:thumbsup:

Just subscribe on the PC and then yeah you can login through the PS3. You can use the control pad to login easily enough, even if you're ridiculously slow it should only take you 5 mins to enter the URL and login. (I use the control pad as well.)

Flash is already installed on the PS3 browser so it is literally just a case of logging in, picking the VIP room and fullscreening it :thumbsup:

Just try it with one of their 24 hour streams like Sky Sports 1 to make sure you can get it working :thumbsup:

I'm doing the exact same. Going to have the Hibs match up on the PC and the Hearts match up on the PS3 :thumbsup:

Dean Winchester

Question about streampro. How good a connection will I need to watch the game without it constantly buffering? I have a fairly crap broadband so not sure it will work. BBC iplayer tends to stream fine but lots of stuff doesn't.

Advice is appreciated.

They generally range from about 700kb/s (Just under 1MB) to 2000kb/s (2MB) so anything above that should play it okay. If iPlayer streams fine (especially the HD stuff) then I'd be surprised if you had any problems with StreamPro. But for ?2 it's hardly going to be the end of the world!

BoJack Horseman

They generally range from about 700kb/s (Just under 1MB) to 2000kb/s (2MB) so anything above that should play it okay. If iPlayer streams fine (especially the HD stuff) then I'd be surprised if you had any problems with StreamPro. But for ?2 it's hardly going to be the end of the world!

What does streampro offer me that a free service does not? Considering going for it.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I have a Vodaphone dongle - does anyone else use a dongle and use stream-pro with no problems?

Don't want to go paying money if it aint gonna work.

Cheers.

Say What Again

Hey bud, yeah I've streamed loads of games on my brothers ps3 before no problem. Just set it up on your pc first to make it easier though seen as you don't have the keyboard.

Just subscribe on the PC and then yeah you can login through the PS3. You can use the control pad to login easily enough, even if you're ridiculously slow it should only take you 5 mins to enter the URL and login. (I use the control pad as well.)

Flash is already installed on the PS3 browser so it is literally just a case of logging in, picking the VIP room and fullscreening it :thumbsup:

Just try it with one of their 24 hour streams like Sky Sports 1 to make sure you can get it working :thumbsup:

I'm doing the exact same. Going to have the Hibs match up on the PC and the Hearts match up on the PS3 :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

As suggested, I'll try it with Sky Sports when I get in instead of waiting until kick off.

I am very lucky here in the Middle East. OSN Sports shows all Sky/ESPN SPL matches live and then repeats the entire game over and over again (the Rangers game has been re-shown at least 6 times since Saturday). If not on OSN then I'll try Hearts-TV International and then Streampro.

Indeed, it's hard to believe that we actually have an SPL highlights program here too isn't it!

I believe Hibs v Rangers is on OSN Showsports 3 tonight, no sign of HMFC game on any channel.

What does streampro offer me that a free service does not? Considering going for it.

No adds, no buffering, no chat rooms full of weegie wanks and a near perfect stream (good enough for me to connect my laptop to my TV and watch full screen).

Dean Winchester

Dedicated servers is the big draw. The streams don't go down anywhere near as often and if they do they're usually back up within a minute. Quality is generally much better as well, you haven't got 5,000+ people trying to watch it like you do on the likes of Justin.tv so theres not as much lag or server interruption.

Some people probably don't mind the difference but I couldn't watch the free ones through my TV, well I could, but they didn't look anywhere near as good IMO. If you can live with the free ones then fair enough but for 50p a week if you get the year subscription I have Skysports 1-4, News, ESPN, Setanta, nearly every Football match thats being televised as well as the Boxing whenever theres a fight.

BoJack Horseman

No adds, no buffering, no chat rooms full of weegie wanks and a near perfect stream (good enough for me to connect my laptop to my TV and watch full screen).

This has probably been answered but where do they take the stream from? i.e. What commentary will I get?

Dean Winchester

This has probably been answered but where do they take the stream from? i.e. What commentary will I get?

Can depend bud. Sometimes I've had Alba, Setanta or just stadium noise. They usually have 2+ streams from different sources so if one doesn't have commentary the other probably will or have different.

My first experience with streampro wasn't bad at all but since then, it's been decidedly patchy. Sometimes there are better free streams, sometimes there aren't.

If it's the difference between seeing the game and not seeing the game then fine, I don't really understand how people can talk it up quite this much though....it's not always that much better than streams you find from the standard sources.

My first experience with streampro wasn't bad at all but since then, it's been decidedly patchy. Sometimes there are better free streams, sometimes there aren't.

If it's the difference between seeing the game and not seeing the game then fine, I don't really understand how people can talk it up quite this much though....it's not always that much better than streams you find from the standard sources.

i find free streams very rarely work for more than half an hour or so. by their nature, if its a good stream it gets busier and busier till it gets very patchy. beyond that the image is far better with streampro.

also, the price is utterly minimal.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Where would I be able to get a free stream from (if Streampro isn't all that much better) and would I still be able to use it through my PS3 and telly?

Dean Winchester

Where would I be able to get a free stream from (if Streampro isn't all that much better) and would I still be able to use it through my PS3 and telly?

The likes of myp2p.eu will probably have a list. http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=101930&part=sports

You probably won't be able to play most of the streams they list as alot of them do require different software i.e. Sopcast, Veetle etc. but if you can find a good Flash one that works you should be able to get it up on your PS3.

Hi Guys,

Ive just registered for streampro. Registering was easy, you can use paypal as method of payment. I then clicked on sky sports 1 to view picture quality and streaming. I do not have a fast connection at all only 2mb. It streams perfectly with no problem, only thin i would pick up on it that it is about 4o seconds behind sky sports 1 on the tv. Dunno if this is coz of my connection or normal. Anyways for ?1.99 cant complain at all.

MON THE HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The likes of myp2p.eu will probably have a list. http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=101930&part=sports

You probably won't be able to play most of the streams they list as alot of them do require different software i.e. Sopcast, Veetle etc. but if you can find a good Flash one that works you should be able to get it up on your PS3.

I'll check that out, cheers. :)

I used streampro for or aberdeen thumping match last month. I then used it again for the st mirren game and got a month subscription. this ruins out in a eek or do and I will be then getting a year subscription. the quality changes depending on whether out not the match is on sky, espn, alba etc. sure you could find a free stream with the same quality but I have never watched a match for free without having to change stream at least one during ther match. that's never happened on streampro.

I used streampro for or aberdeen thumping match last month. I then used it again for the st mirren game and got a month subscription. this ruins out in a eek or do and I will be then getting a year subscription. the quality changes depending on whether out not the match is on sky, espn, alba etc. sure you could find a free stream with the same quality but I have never watched a match for free without having to change stream at least one during ther match. that's never happened on streampro.

Is the streampro mainpage army green and white/grey coloured? Just want to make sure i`ve got the right one as someone said theres another thats similar name but diff. cheers.

Anybody know how I will get to watch the game on my android phone? I have the justin tv app, who will be showing it?

Going to be working tonight so will miss the game on streampro :verymad:

Dean Winchester

Anybody know how I will get to watch the game on my android phone? I have the justin tv app, who will be showing it?

Going to be working tonight so will miss the game on streampro :verymad:

Cant you just login to streampro with it?

I'm going to be out tonight but have devised a genius plan for being able to watch the game! Gonna set up my camcorder to film my laptop playing the match on streampro.tv. When I get home, I'll hopefully have the whole match to watch plugged into the TV. Just hope I don't hear the score off anyone before I start watching it! Just got to remember to turn off the screensaver too!

CornhillHearts

Hearts World subscribers will be (barring last minute hitches) hearing the return of the Mac for tonights game.

I'm going to be out tonight but have devised a genius plan for being able to watch the game! Gonna set up my camcorder to film my laptop playing the match on streampro.tv. When I get home, I'll hopefully have the whole match to watch plugged into the TV. Just hope I don't hear the score off anyone before I start watching it! Just got to remember to turn off the screensaver too!

:lol:

Genius!

Signed up for the ?1.99 trail so hope its good. ?2 is nothing!. 4.30pm Samdoria vs AC Milan to test it out.

Dean Winchester

Signed up for the ?1.99 trail so hope its good. ?2 is nothing!. 4.30pm Samdoria vs AC Milan to test it out.

You can get all the Sky Sports channel at the top just now as well :thumbsup:

Clicked on the Sampdoria vs AC Milan link which is on ESPN, the stream has no hic ups so far but I have a 42 inch tv and watching through PS3 and the quality is watchable but a bit grainy when I have it on full screen. Not sure if it should be like this or better. Anything I'm doing wrong? Defo watchable though. On netbook, ESPN quality is good. Quality on Sky Sports News is Excellent. Through Veetle, you could get the same quality on sky sports news during the day.

How long did it take all together to buy and set up?

I won't be in the house until about ten minutes before kick off tonight.

Dean Winchester

If you have paypal setup it will only take you a minute :) I'm sure you can just pay with your card through PayPal as well so it's basically however long it normally takes you to order something with your card :)

More than enough time. You setup ur username and password, next page is payment page which i chose to pay thru paypal, login to paypal and pay, confirmation screen and then you would then click on the celtic hearts link. Shouldnt took you no more than 2 mins.

If you have paypal setup it will only take you a minute :) I'm sure you can just pay with your card through PayPal as well so it's basically however long it normally takes you to order something with your card :)

Hopefully the card option is there then as i don't have Paypal set up.

Gerd - thanks mate.

just click on the Racing UK link and its top notch. Quite excited by this haha can see myself calling in sick and doing some online gambling :)

Say What Again

Thanks again to the boys that helped out with the PS3 chat.

Currently sitting back watching WWE on Sky Sports 3 (it's just to test it :P )

Dean Winchester

Sure it is :rolleyes:

VIP 19 on streampro is currently on some celtic tv channel showing old celtic hearts games so guessing it'll be on that. Dunno who will be commentating tho so could be a bit biased but quality is fine. Bit pixelated on full screen but nothin to complain about really.

The other feed VIP 20 is currently not loading anything up but im sure it will when the game kicks off if the commentry on celtic tv become unbearable

EDIT Just put it full screen on my tv through ps3 and no problems. Probly a better picture than on the laptop so looks like im sorted for the evening :thumbsup:

Snap :thumbsup:

Also watching WWE on big tv through my ps3. Good quality

Can't wait now till kick off :woot:

Archived