Things that annoy you on a night out

RoyCropper

I went up to picture house last saturday! my mates go near enough every weekend and i have been out the country for the last 3 months, I got told i was not getting in cause im barred!! I have been twice before, once i was driving and was sober and once i was drinking, but never caused any trouble or been chucked out!! absolute joke the bouncers are there, they just ban people who they dont like the look of, Im a 22 year old guy who is tall, quit stocky and unfortunately going bald, i must look like a nutter, Tried to find an email address so i can complain, but nae luck!

Also got banned from why not for taking pills, never touched a drug in my life, some people just love an ego boost, I now get in to why not now, i reckon the guy who banned me knew he is a plonker!

It's G4S that do the Picture House.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says everything tbh!

There's some good guys that work with them, we can be quite picky about who we have at work so maybe I only ever see the decent ones.

There's a raft of them that I wouldn't want to count on to have my back though, tiny wee guys.

The most messed up picture ever taken in The Hive by some distance...

:what:

188645_10150119733419697_132358979696_6199945_921564_n.jpg

:ninja:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

There's some good guys that work with them, we can be quite picky about who we have at work so maybe I only ever see the decent ones.

There's a raft of them that I wouldn't want to count on to have my back though, tiny wee guys.

The hardest guy I've ever met is 5'3 btw.

Disser Pointon

This story has been told at least 3 times on KB

Anyway up town wi my mates and went for a carry oot at Haymarket,(Indian curry).

Got curry and walked along towards corrie.

Met a group of females and went for the dougstar chat up.

1 lass says GTF ya ugly mup.

Took said curry and throw it over her back, whos the mup nowwhistling.gif

Dougstar.

I would have thought that was a double whammy Doug, not only are you not getting your end away but you no longer have a nice Ruby Murray to satisfy your end of evening munchies. Lose, lose scenario for me??!!

• 3 months later...
Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Malcolm Tucker doesn't look smug at all. Looks like he just sniffed shite or something :vrface:

Tommy Wiseau

Malcolm Tucker doesn't look smug at all. Looks like he just sniffed shite or something :vrface:

Correct. Have amended my post accordingly. :thumbsup:

Is the lad on the right on jkb?

Sure i recognise him.

He works/worked behind the bar in The Corrie.

Left there a while back. He works in the Half Way House just off Royal Mile

scott_jambo

That's where I know him. My mate (dark hair) used to work behind the bar there with him.

Is he a Jambo/on jkb then??

That's where I know him. My mate (dark hair) used to work behind the bar there with him.

Is he a Jambo/on jkb then??

I don't know him. I had to ask Boris how I recognised him on Saturday night and that's what it was.

Which one's your mate, Scott?

He's not on Kb but he is a Hearts fan

scott_jambo

Which one's your mate, Scott?

He's not on Kb

His name is Scott as well.

Know him?

scott_jambo

I thought you meant from that picture.

Nah, I know someone who works at the Corrie Inn. Unrelated.

Boris drinks at Corrie Inn? Who else drinks there? KB sesh imo.

Tommy Wiseau

Corrie Inn does a good pub quiz.

I'm also quite good at pub quizzes (Cameo Bar ken all about that eh? :verysmug: ).

It's on like Donkey Kong Scott. :thumbsup:

Cramond Inn does the best pub quiz in the west of Edinburgh.

This is a well known fact.

down.gif

Pear Tree. thumbsup.gif

scott_jambo

I'm also quite good at pub quizzes (Cameo Bar ken all about that eh? :verysmug: ).

I live doon Corrie Inn way but will be moving to Leith (near shore fingers crossed) Double faceman sesh with SJ and the weather bursd, imo. I'll bring Jackie Bird. It's a double date. :verysmug:

You weren't in there a few weeks ago during the Scotland game were you? Right before the quiz?

There we were sitting watching the game quite happily when somebody pipes up with a very loud, rowdy and shameless "Mon the Jambos!" . Amused me, amused the hibbies beside us a bit less. Ha.

:biggrin:

Tommy Wiseau

I haven't shown my face at that one since one Slithering Shnake Ehlvisssssss was spotted scooping the prize one night in there.

Sickening. :down:

down.gif

Pear Tree. thumbsup.gif

The West of Edinburgh is just a state of mind for you, isn't it UVC? :lol:

I live doon Corrie Inn way but will be moving to Leith (near shore fingers crossed) Double faceman sesh with SJ and the weather bursd, imo. I'll bring Jackie Bird. It's a double date. :verysmug:

Great stuff imo. I live on the Corrie Inn side of things as well but have associates in the Shore who require my quizzing tekkers from time to time (i.e. any time they want to win :verysmug: )

Will make sure Mrs Weather Bursd Adam is there and we can all go to the Botanics together. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

You weren't in there a few weeks ago during the Scotland game were you? Right before the quiz?

There we were sitting watching the game quite happily when somebody pipes up with a very loud, rowdy and shameless "Mon the Jambos!" . Amused me, amused the hibbies beside us a bit less. Ha.

:biggrin:

ARF. :lol:

Not me, I'm afraid - if it had been an "Allez the Maroons" I would have been a clear suspect though. :ninja:

Last time we were in was the day of the Marathon. Thanks to my knowledge of David Haye's W/L record and the fact I can spot a Martha & The Vandellas number being played backwards at 500 yards meant we rinsed Quiz Bursd out of all her sweets and a ?30 bar tab. We even took down the team who were getting given the answers off the bar staff. :rofl::vrface:

Sorry they met old Charles (NAP). :smuggy:

I haven't shown my face at that one since one Slithering Shnake Ehlvisssssss was spotted scooping the prize one night in there.

Sickening. :down:

Slithery Snake Elvisssss isnt welcome any more. The Cramond Inn's three most famous participants (messrs McCann, McNamara and Picard) saw to that :verysmug::lol:

a state of mind for you, isn't it UVC? :lol:

South > West imo.

Butterfly World cool.gif

Can't believe Picard's claiming McNamara as a Cramond frequenter :vrface:

It's well known to all the Bonnyrigg ITK that he's daft for a bit of Laird and Dog, since he lives here.

ARF. :lol:

Not me, I'm afraid - if it had been an "Allez the Maroons" I would have been a clear suspect though. :ninja:

Last time we were in was the day of the Marathon. Thanks to my knowledge of David Haye's W/L record and the fact I can spot a Martha & The Vandellas number being played backwards at 500 yards meant we rinsed Quiz Bursd out of all her sweets and a ?30 bar tab. We even took down the team who were getting given the answers off the bar staff. :rofl::vrface:

Sorry they met old Charles (NAP). :smuggy:

It was ballsy and proud. I liked it. Shall keep my ears peeled for French outbursts in future... ;)

I was in there doing the quiz with some chums around 18 months or so ago and we ended up in a tie for first place with another team so Quiz Bursd (who has a bit of a 'tude problem, I thought) asked both teams to nominate someone for a tie break. They shove me forward and she asks all the teams to gather around at the back bar area. Opposite team had nominated this wee, smiley, mental looking chap. Quiz Bursd insists that we decide the winner by means of a dance-off. He goes first and gives it laldy, goes absolutely mental...pole dancing with imaginary poles, ripping off his shirt and rubbing his belly, you name it. Meanwhile I run away. There's no matching that sort of thing, nor would I ever try. I failed my friends that night and they let me know in no uncertain terms that I'd let them down. Baskets.

Understandable though, I think. ermm.gif

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Charles - the quiz bursd in the Cameo also does the Chanter quiz iirc. Pretty sure the questions are very similar. :thumbsup:

Charles - the quiz bursd in the Cameo also does the Chanter quiz iirc. Pretty sure the questions are very similar. :thumbsup:

This is the kind of information that could ruin a quizmaster.

Slithery Snake Elvisssss isnt welcome any more. The Cramond Inn's three most famous participants (messrs McCann, McNamara and Picard) saw to that :verysmug::lol:

Slithery snake Elvissss stole a PRICE TAG from a shirt from Harvey Nichols last night :lol:

BUMP.

For anyone that needs a pick me up or just wants a laugh.

Read the entirety of this thread.

Absolute classic.

One more time because it makes me happy. I believe a smilie should be made.

188645_10150119733419697_132358979696_6199945_921564_n.jpg

Archived