Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The People's Chimp

Whats the general feeling on frequency? I know it depends on the individual, but generally?

Mon - gym

Tues - 5s

Wed - gym

Thurs - 5s

Fri - gym

Sat morn or Sun morn - gym

I tend to do a general resistance work out, which I shake up a bit (need to move on to squats etc), over about an hour a go, with occasional rowing or others thrown in at the end. Seeing good results but obviously some weeks work etc throw up some times I just cant go, or like since xmas, no 5s but more gym time. I don't feel too tired, but certainly know I've been working hard. With the cardio on 2 nights a week, would I benefit from a rest day at the weekend or during the week?

Whats the general feeling on frequency? I know it depends on the individual, but generally?

Mon - gym

Tues - 5s

Wed - gym

Thurs - 5s

Fri - gym

I tend to do a general resistance work out, which I shake up a bit (need to move on to squats etc), over about an hour a go, with occasional rowing or others thrown in at the end. Seeing good results but obviously some weeks work etc throw up some times I just cant go, or like since xmas, no 5s but more gym time. I don't feel too tired, but certainly know I've been working hard. With the cardio on 2 nights a week, would I benefit from a rest day at the weekend or during the week?

My personal opinion would be to always have at least one rest day, if not two. Since you're playing 5s a couple of times rather than leathering the weights, i'd say you'd be fine with one rest day.

When doing resistance training, your body needs time to recover and the best form of recovery is rest. Too much training without sufficient rest can lead to exhaustion within a month or so. This isn't exclusive to everyone, however the majority of people will benefit from a rest day.

The rest day can be up to you, but try to split your workout days, e.g i train monday tuesday, rest wednesday then train thursday-saturday. If i'm feeling alright i'll throw in a low intensity, cardio session on a sunday morning. If your weekly schedule changes for whatever reason, you can change your rest day accordingly.

Ask your gym to buy chin up assist bands. They are just big rubber bands that you attach to the bar and put your knee in. That has the effect of absorbing some of your body weight, making the exercise a bit easier to begin with.

They are about ?20 from Amazon.

Great point. The bands are a brilliant device for helping build up the strength to complete full pull-ups. Another method is to buy weightlifting straps. A lot of people (me included) fail on pull-ups because their grip fails due to weak forearms. Weightlifting straps help take away the stress on your forearms and focus more on the back muscles.

Definately agree with the use of bands though, can make the world of difference.

The People's Chimp

Sound advice, cheers. Was just thinking about it last night as I had been focusing on just weights and had planned to go to the gym last night but just had a nagging feeling I needed a rest. Was pretty stoked that I shook off the post christmas lack of strength with a few sessions and really enjoying the gym at the moment.

I know absolutely nothing about it mate. I just go for a shot of the weights after I've finished my cardio. I use quite a lot of the machines which is probably stupid. I think I need to make up a plan as I'm too sore to even go today!

Never fear my friend, we've all been in the same situation! Dependant on your goals, i'd advise doing resistance before cardio, with the exception of a 5min warmup to get your body temperature raised before hitting the iron. If you can get to the gym 3 or more times a week, a split routine would probably be beneficial. The jist of that is that over 3 days, you would do three different weights workouts (e.g back/biceps, chest/shoulders/triceps, and then legs), giving your muscles enough time for recovery and allowing you to hit each muscle group hard once a week. Makes it a bit more interesting than same old stuff each time you head to the gym too.

Being sore is a good sign, shows your muscles have done something they're unaccustomed to. They will be sore the next day and often even worse after 48 hours before tailing off. The more you go, the less pain you'll experience as your body will get used to the stresses of weightlifting.

If you need any tips of even something to stick to for a few weeks in the gym, drop me a PM. I'm a trainer in a gym and also 3 months away from my degree in Sport Science. Won't pretend to know everything there is to know about fitness but more than happy to share what I do know and what I've found from my own experiences with 3-4 years training and through training clients at work.

Guest GhostHunter

Mon - gym

Tues - 5s

Wed - gym

Thurs - 5s

Fri - gym

It's a pity you don't get out your pit earlier - I'm @ Pure every weekday for an hour at 0400. Mix up the sessions through the week where I can, and 2 rest days on weekend...probably not the best, but it's the only time I can go.

Creepy Lurker

Never fear my friend, we've all been in the same situation! Dependant on your goals, i'd advise doing resistance before cardio, with the exception of a 5min warmup to get your body temperature raised before hitting the iron. If you can get to the gym 3 or more times a week, a split routine would probably be beneficial. The jist of that is that over 3 days, you would do three different weights workouts (e.g back/biceps, chest/shoulders/triceps, and then legs), giving your muscles enough time for recovery and allowing you to hit each muscle group hard once a week. Makes it a bit more interesting than same old stuff each time you head to the gym too.

Not looking to flame, but I personally disagree with some of this.

For beginners, I just don't think that it's necessary to split body parts; a full body workout based on compound movements is, in my opinion, much more beneficial. I'd also say that a lower rep range of 4-6 is better than a higher one, to build strength before moving into the 8-12 range.

As far as frequency goes, it's definitely best to incorporate rest days but my personal feeling is that people worry too much about overtraining. I wouldn't lift using the same muscle group on consecutive days, but outside of that the best advice in my opinion is just to listen to your body. My training frequency is as follows:

Monday AM: gym

PM: Muay Thai (1-2 hours padwork depending on how I feel)

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: Muay Thai (1 hour padwork, 1 hour sparring)

Thursday: gym

Friday: Muay Thai (1 hour padwork, 1 hour sparring)

Saturday AM: Muay Thai (90 mins sparring)

PM: gym

Sunday: rest

I think that the more used to training you become, the more you can push the frequency. Although there is such a thing as overtraining, people are far too keen to use it as an excuse for why they can't train.

Currently doing a 5 day weights split Mon-Fri before work.

5's on a Monday night, football training on a Wednesday night (effectively 5s again), game on Sundays.

Go to the gym some Saturdays as well, bit of HIIT and some weights plus bopping in the discos on a Friday or Saturday night.

Seems like quite a lot, but if I have the time then why not, probably cause I don't have a bird! :10800:

Stuart McNeill

It's a pity you don't get out your pit earlier - I'm @ Pure every weekday for an hour at 0400. Mix up the sessions through the week where I can, and 2 rest days on weekend...probably not the best, but it's the only time I can go.

What time are you going to bed at and getting up to be able to go to the gym at that time?

I'd happily get out my bed earlier to go to the gym but can't seem to get my arse into bed to sleep earlier, so I'd be too tired!

What is it you guys wear to the gym?

Shorts or joggies?

What shoes are best as well?

Guest GhostHunter

Bed at 9pm - up at 3.

6 hours sleep.

Long lies are for the weekends :)

PS - the pain of getting up at that time soon subsides when you find the gym pretty much empty...

PPS - joggies/hearts 2012 home top/sambas. And a Hoodie for when I want to sweat extra weight off.

For beginners, I just don't think that it's necessary to split body parts; a full body workout based on compound movements is, in my opinion, much more beneficial. I'd also say that a lower rep range of 4-6 is better than a higher one, to build strength before moving into the 8-12 range.

As far as frequency goes, it's definitely best to incorporate rest days but my personal feeling is that people worry too much about overtraining. I wouldn't lift using the same muscle group on consecutive days, but outside of that the best advice in my opinion is just to listen to your body. My training frequency is as follows:

I think that the more used to training you become, the more you can push the frequency. Although there is such a thing as overtraining, people are far too keen to use it as an excuse for why they can't train.

I would agree with some points you have made, as in sport and exercise there is often no right or wrong answer as usually it deals with individuals, be that athletes or casual gym goers. One of the best things about it for me is always speaking to people from different sporting or activity backgrounds and discussing different training methods, as often there's more than one way to skin the cat.

However I would have to disagree on starting a beginner out on a strength rep range of 4-6. Firstly, the initial 4-6 weeks of resistance training for an unaccustomed individual will elicit more neural adaptation (training the mind and body in sync how to lift the weights properly, basically skill acquisition) as opposed to muscular hypertrophy which will come with continued training stimuli. Training for more than 3-4 days for a beginner in a strength rep range with heavy loads will bring greater stress onto the nervous system and the joints, especially when these skills are being practiced for the first time. I agree many people use overtraining as an excuse to skip a day, however it all depends on what training they are doing. Doing masses of heavy compound lifting (squats, deadlifts etc) is undoubtedly more taxing than spending 5-6 days using the fixed weight machinery. I don't tend to believe in "overtraining" as such, just not giving yourself enough rest to recover. Obviously with a spot-on diet and carefully planned programme the chances of exhausting yourself are vastly diminished.

Secondly I would add that yes, building a strength platform is imperative before moving onto more hypertrophy based work, however as I've mentioned above, the body needs to become familiar with the different movements and requirements for muscle activiation before strength training can be safely executed. For example, put a sedentary individual under a barbell on a bench press - chances are they will struggle to maintain a straight bar due to their lack of coordination from inexperience with the lift. Would you then load the bar up and get them to do 4-6 reps heavy? Bearing in mind many people won't have someone there to assist/spot them. Or would it be safer to keep the weight low/moderate and get them to do 8-10 reps? I'd argue the latter every time. The more that movement is executed slowly and controlled, the quicker the body will learn it and the safer that lift will be to the person once they do come to increase the weight. It is comparable to putting a sedentary or low-activity person on a treadmill, first you would start with a low speed for a longer duration then you can progress them into high intensity bursts or interval training once they are comfortable with the technique and build a baseline.

I do agree that strength needs to be present before embarking on a proper hypertrophy routine, but I think it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. You need to strength in the first instance to lift heavy enough weights for growth, but then on the other hand you need to learn the proper technique and movement before you can start using heavy weights. It's really all about being sensible and perfecting technique. Good lifting form not only protects your muscles and joints from injury, but focuses the load on the muscle(s) that are supposed to be worked.

I'll say again there isn't a black and white answer to the majority of questions on the thread, nor am I saying my way is right and someone else is wrong! But from my experience and research I would always advise building a platform through a slightly higher rep range, possibly for as little as 2-3 weeks, before loading the bar up with a heavier load. You will still get strength gains in an 8-10 rep range before moving on to a more tailored 4-6 rep range if you so desire.

Creepy Lurker

Why do you want to sweat extra weight off? It is absolutely irrelevant in terms of body composition.

To answer the question, I wear shorts and running shoes to the gym. Arguably for squatting you're better off with something flat soled like Converse, but it isn't going to make a huge difference for most people.

Guest GhostHunter

Why do you want to sweat extra weight off? It is absolutely irrelevant in terms of body composition.

To answer the question, I wear shorts and running shoes to the gym. Arguably for squatting you're better off with something flat soled like Converse, but it isn't going to make a huge difference for most people.

Cause I'm over 40 and trying to shift a mini-belly.

:)

Creepy Lurker

I would agree with some points you have made, as in sport and exercise there is often no right or wrong answer as usually it deals with individuals, be that athletes or casual gym goers. One of the best things about it for me is always speaking to people from different sporting or activity backgrounds and discussing different training methods, as often there's more than one way to skin the cat.

However I would have to disagree on starting a beginner out on a strength rep range of 4-6. Firstly, the initial 4-6 weeks of resistance training for an unaccustomed individual will elicit more neural adaptation (training the mind and body in sync how to lift the weights properly, basically skill acquisition) as opposed to muscular hypertrophy which will come with continued training stimuli. Training for more than 3-4 days for a beginner in a strength rep range with heavy loads will bring greater stress onto the nervous system and the joints, especially when these skills are being practiced for the first time. I agree many people use overtraining as an excuse to skip a day, however it all depends on what training they are doing. Doing masses of heavy compound lifting (squats, deadlifts etc) is undoubtedly more taxing than spending 5-6 days using the fixed weight machinery. I don't tend to believe in "overtraining" as such, just not giving yourself enough rest to recover. Obviously with a spot-on diet and carefully planned programme the chances of exhausting yourself are vastly diminished.

Secondly I would add that yes, building a strength platform is imperative before moving onto more hypertrophy based work, however as I've mentioned above, the body needs to become familiar with the different movements and requirements for muscle activiation before strength training can be safely executed. For example, put a sedentary individual under a barbell on a bench press - chances are they will struggle to maintain a straight bar due to their lack of coordination from inexperience with the lift. Would you then load the bar up and get them to do 4-6 reps heavy? Bearing in mind many people won't have someone there to assist/spot them. Or would it be safer to keep the weight low/moderate and get them to do 8-10 reps? I'd argue the latter every time. The more that movement is executed slowly and controlled, the quicker the body will learn it and the safer that lift will be to the person once they do come to increase the weight. It is comparable to putting a sedentary or low-activity person on a treadmill, first you would start with a low speed for a longer duration then you can progress them into high intensity bursts or interval training once they are comfortable with the technique and build a baseline.

I do agree that strength needs to be present before embarking on a proper hypertrophy routine, but I think it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. You need to strength in the first instance to lift heavy enough weights for growth, but then on the other hand you need to learn the proper technique and movement before you can start using heavy weights. It's really all about being sensible and perfecting technique. Good lifting form not only protects your muscles and joints from injury, but focuses the load on the muscle(s) that are supposed to be worked.

I'll say again there isn't a black and white answer to the majority of questions on the thread, nor am I saying my way is right and someone else is wrong! But from my experience and research I would always advise building a platform through a slightly higher rep range, possibly for as little as 2-3 weeks, before loading the bar up with a heavier load. You will still get strength gains in an 8-10 rep range before moving on to a more tailored 4-6 rep range if you so desire.

Can't really disagree with any of that. I do agree (in fact it's pretty much impossible to disagree) that proper form beats lifting heavy with poor form every time, and it's undoubtedly best to learn the form before moving on to strength training. I got the impression from your original post that you were just saying that the 8-10 rep range should be what beginner trainees should stick with for the duration as opposed to being what they start with before reducing reps. Suppose it's also worth saying that, for as long as they continue to make progress whilst using that rep range, there's no real need to reduce it until they hit a plateau.

The point I was making about overtraining was more of a tangent than a specific disagreement with your post, by the way. It's just something that I hear quite a lot from guys who're really pretty advanced trainees, and in their case I just see it as an excuse; as you progress, you can increase your training volume. I'd never recommend that a complete beginner train any more than four times a week.

Shorts, tshirt and running shoes. Sometimes take shoes off when squatting.

Creepy Lurker

Cause I'm over 40 and trying to shift a mini-belly.

:)

You're missing the point here. Do you think you're sweating out fat or something?

All you do when you dehydrate yourself is get rid of water weight, which you'll then regain as soon as you rehydrate. All you're doing is manipulating your bodyweight in an attempt to pretend to yourself that you're making more progress than you are.

Guest GhostHunter

You're missing the point here. Do you think you're sweating out fat or something?

All you do when you dehydrate yourself is get rid of water weight, which you'll then regain as soon as you rehydrate. All you're doing is manipulating your bodyweight in an attempt to pretend to yourself that you're making more progress than you are.

..in conjunction with proper exercises...

Can't really disagree with any of that. I do agree (in fact it's pretty much impossible to disagree) that proper form beats lifting heavy with poor form every time, and it's undoubtedly best to learn the form before moving on to strength training. I got the impression from your original post that you were just saying that the 8-10 rep range should be what beginner trainees should stick with for the duration as opposed to being what they start with before reducing reps. Suppose it's also worth saying that, for as long as they continue to make progress whilst using that rep range, there's no real need to reduce it until they hit a plateau.

The point I was making about overtraining was more of a tangent than a specific disagreement with your post, by the way. It's just something that I hear quite a lot from guys who're really pretty advanced trainees, and in their case I just see it as an excuse; as you progress, you can increase your training volume. I'd never recommend that a complete beginner train any more than four times a week.

Absolutely, perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could've been when I stated the 8-10 rep range. Once someone is comfortable and has a few weeks under their belt, a strength rep range with some of the "big lifts" is probably the best route to go down as a bridge before going back to a hypertrophy range. As you rightly say, changing it from that higher range to aim for more strength upon hitting a plateau is the way to go.

Totally agree on overtraining, far too common that it's used as a licence for a day off here and there. In my opinion, you have to be going really wild (to the point of silly) with your training whilst at the same time having a poor diet to even come close to overtraining. Saying that, a de-load or "light" week every now and then can work wonders. The more you train, as you'll know, the more you can tell how your body copes with training volume and when your body needs a rest.

Edited by ellsbells

Creepy Lurker

..in conjunction with proper exercises...

You're confused.

If you have a good fitness and nutrition regime and are trying to lose weight, you'll manage to do so. That you're dehydrating yourself will play absolutely no part in this, and may even have a negative impact on performance.

That's all fine and well Brow but eh, I did a bicep curl with a 10kg dumbbell last night so, you know, chomp on that! :D

I never had you down as a bicep curler! I've never actually done one, as I really can't see the point (apologies Sten.... :curtain: )

Which way to the beach?

Huge-Biceps-2.jpg

The People's Chimp

Always wonder why folk go to the gym in a beanie. FFS I'll wear a hat for the cycle home, because it's baltic, but while in the gym? Bizarre.

Dex, how busy is pure at 4am? I do sometimes think about going at the back of 7 during the week but the reality is it's never going to happen. :)

Stuart McNeill

I could probably spam this thread with 101 questions!

Whats the real difference between running shoes. I sometimes get pain in my leg somewhere, when on treadmills, does that stop with those shoes or am I just unfit!

I could probably spam this thread with 101 questions!

Whats the real difference between running shoes. I sometimes get pain in my leg somewhere, when on treadmills, does that stop with those shoes or am I just unfit!

There's definately a difference but i'm not the one to give any decent advice on it unfortunately. A lot of the running shoe outlets these days actually stick you on a treadmill and analyse your running style before advising you which shoes are best. I'm sure they can do this with success but whether they charge extra for the service i don't know!

Maybe someone on here with running experience might be able to help you out.

Brow, no need to apologise. Haha.

Some great posts from Ellsbells and Creepy. Good read.

If Ellsbells is who I think he is, he's an absolute unit & about 20kg heavier than me. Are your initials EH? (Don't wanna go spouting out names on a forum, haha)

Brow, no need to apologise. Haha.

Some great posts from Ellsbells and Creepy. Good read.

If Ellsbells is who I think he is, he's an absolute unit & about 20kg heavier than me. Are your initials EH? (Don't wanna go spouting out names on a forum, haha)

That would be me, Detective Sten! A glowing description right there. You still at Pure at Ocean T mate?

That would be me, Detective Sten! A glowing description right there. You still at Pure at Ocean T mate?

Haha. Thought it was you when you said what you done / mentioned uni.

Yeah still at Pure OT. Dead handy for where I live / work. But it's ridiculously under equipped for plates and oly bars. Does my box in. :(

For the guy who was looking for a good web resource for fitness information I can't recommend this forum highly enough : http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=179

It costs $10 to register but you can probably view without registering and it has pretty much everything you might need to know whether you're an absolute beginner or a competitive body builder.

The threads on there are a fecking nightmare>>>>>>

Care to explain? Whilst there is a lot of good information in this thread, it pales in comparison to the amount of knowledge contained there. Not saying it's for everyone but the general information thread, the recipies thread, the body building thread, the proteins and powders thread and the intermittent fasting thread all contain masses of information that i've found extremely useful in theory and in practice.

It's obviously a different environment from a Scottish football fan's forum but I found it excellent for cutting through a lot of the crap you find online in relation to fitness, simplifying it to a level where anybody can achieve results and dispelling a lot of myths that you consistently see elsewhere.

If it's not for you then fair enough though. I definitely think some would find it interesting in the least.

Guest GhostHunter

Always wonder why folk go to the gym in a beanie. FFS I'll wear a hat for the cycle home, because it's baltic, but while in the gym? Bizarre.

Dex, how busy is pure at 4am? I do sometimes think about going at the back of 7 during the week but the reality is it's never going to happen. :)

It's pretty quiet to be honest - never any hanging around waiting for weights or equipment - anyone who is there at that time are "regulars" and they're all pretty cool.

The People's Chimp

Care to explain? Whilst there is a lot of good information in this thread, it pales in comparison to the amount of knowledge contained there. Not saying it's for everyone but the general information thread, the recipies thread, the body building thread, the proteins and powders thread and the intermittent fasting thread all contain masses of information that i've found extremely useful in theory and in practice.

It's obviously a different environment from a Scottish football fan's forum but I found it excellent for cutting through a lot of the crap you find online in relation to fitness, simplifying it to a level where anybody can achieve results and dispelling a lot of myths that you consistently see elsewhere.

If it's not for you then fair enough though. I definitely think some would find it interesting in the least.

Simmer down. There are threads running to 252 pages, "megathreads" which you open and which contain links to other "megathreads" then threads starting with an OP "shamelessly cut and pasted from the old thread" i.e. there are even more pages of endless chat on the same topic. I.e. the diet thread, a good starting point you would think, is 227 pages long.

I.e. the threads on there are a nightmare.

Simmer down. There are threads running to 252 pages, "megathreads" which you open and which contain links to other "megathreads" then threads starting with an OP "shamelessly cut and pasted from the old thread" i.e. there are even more pages of endless chat on the same topic. I.e. the diet thread, a good starting point you would think, is 227 pages long.

I.e. the threads on there are a nightmare.

Get out what you put in I guess. Reading the first three or four posts on the General thread and the first post in the Starting Strength thread would be enough to give a beginner more accurate information than could be found spending hours trawling the internet.

BTW, no need for the simmer down. Somebody the other page asked for online resources. That's the best one i've found and i've spent a fair whack of time reading a whole variety of nutrition and fitness websites.

Creepy Lurker

I just found the layout of that forum really offputting. The forums on bodybuilding.com are much better laid out, imo.

Generic Username

What's the skinny with folk going to the gym, hammering themselves for an hour or whatever, then the second they're out the door putting a cigarette in their mouths?!

:cornette:

What's the skinny with folk going to the gym, hammering themselves for an hour or whatever, then the second they're out the door putting a cigarette in their mouths?!

:cornette:

What's the skinny with folk putting a cigarette in their mouths in general?!

Generic Username

What's the skinny with folk putting a cigarette in their mouths in general?!

As a former smoker, it's because it's great. Oh how I miss it

:sob:

I might go and stand under an active x-ray machine for an hour after my trip to the gym the night.

Lower reps, heavier weight. Mainly made up of compound movements such as bench, squats, deadlifts etc. That's about it.

Does anyone know of a programme to help improve your performance for pull-ups? I am truly woeful at them and want to try and sort that out this year!

Lat pulldowns are a good exercise for building up your pull up strength. Its probably the closest exercise you can do to a pull up without actually doing a pull up - in terms of the movement of your upper body.

Also if you have a spotter maybe try doing negatives - with the spotter pushing you back up to the top position after every rep.

You may have to have a look at your bf% though if your struggling to complete any pull ups. The vast majority of people I have met who can't do pull ups either have been training for less than a year and just haven't built up enough strength yet or are people with too much body fat. I don't know if you fall into either of these categories?

Mon - gym

Tues - 5s

Wed - gym

Thurs - 5s

Fri - gym

Which day is leg day? Must be a killer either at 5's or training legs after 5's.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Lat pulldowns are a good exercise for building up your pull up strength. Its probably the closest exercise you can do to a pull up without actually doing a pull up - in terms of the movement of your upper body.

Also if you have a spotter maybe try doing negatives - with the spotter pushing you back up to the top position after every rep.

You may have to have a look at your bf% though if your struggling to complete any pull ups. The vast majority of people I have met who can't do pull ups either have been training for less than a year and just haven't built up enough strength yet or are people with too much body fat. I don't know if you fall into either of these categories?

Cheers mate.

I've only been consistently lifting for about a year so that may be it. I'm tall as well so dunno if long arms are hampering me?

Will have a look at that article.

Generic Username

Rookie mistake from me at the gym on Friday with a chum who's built like the side of a house. I thought "I'll try and lift something remotely heavy so he doesn't think I'm a bent shot".

3 days later and I still can't raise my arms properly.

Rookie mistake from me at the gym on Friday with a chum who's built like the side of a house. I thought "I'll try and lift something remotely heavy so he doesn't think I'm a bent shot".

3 days later and I still can't raise my arms properly.

Good man.

Can't beat a bit of some serious DOMS.

Generic Username

Good man.

Can't beat a bit of some serious DOMS.

He's one of these arses who give plenty of the "I think you can go X heavier" patter, all the while choosing to forget the fact I'm built like the gable end of a crisp!

I'm hoping the gym will be whopper free tomorrow thanks to the honking weather so I can make an arse of myself in private.

He's one of these arses who give plenty of the "I think you can go X heavier" patter, all the while choosing to forget the fact I'm built like the gable end of a crisp!

I'm hoping the gym will be whopper free tomorrow thanks to the honking weather so I can make an arse of myself in private.

:lol:

Weather didn't put anyone off Pure OT tonight. Worst I've ever seen it. Horrific.

That said, there's literally no snow in Leith.

The People's Chimp

Sacked it tonight after a shite day at work, and the fact that standing around in the freezing cold in airdrie for 90 minutes on saturday has brought the cold I was getting rid of, right back on.

It's frustrating though, I hate getting out of the routine.

Generic Username

Can any of you more knowledgable gents chuck some wisdom at a slender gent like myself regarding what I should be doing with myself at the gym?