The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 05/01/2022 at 13:10, sadj said:

Ghosbusters: Afterlife , different , nice tie ins , some funny throwbacks , not going to be everyone’s cup of Spectral Goo but i enjoyed it 6.5-7/10

Really enjoyed it...9/10 for me.  Bypass the last Gohstbusters film and this is a brilliant sequel....got so emotional at the end and had some great ties to the first two films.

Savage Vince
21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Napoleon Dynamite is a work of genius.

Correct. 

Samuel Camazzola
33 minutes ago, Cade said:

Napoleon Dynamite is a work of genius.

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

I remember years ago goung to see Napoleon Dynamite at the cinema with the family. They absolutely hated it. I was in bits throughout, I thought it was hilarious 😃

I wouldn't blame you if you had a second family on the go.

Savage Vince
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't blame you if you had a second family on the go.

I have a second telly on the go. 😉

PortyJambo

Mother/Android on Netflix, starring Chloe Grace Moritz as a college student who finds out she's pregnant just as an android uprising begins.

5/10 - gets an extra point for Moritz's acting, but it's far too slow and the story says nothing new. 

rudi must stay

Encanto

Saw 10 minutes of this. That was enough for me. No score 

Rogue Daddy
On 08/01/2022 at 17:28, Savage Vince said:

I remember years ago goung to see Napoleon Dynamite at the cinema with the family. They absolutely hated it. I was in bits throughout, I thought it was hilarious 😃

Totally quality👌…I think it takes a certain type of humour to enjoy. I loved every minute! John Heder is fantastic!

Vote Pedro!✌️

On 08/01/2022 at 20:59, The White Cockade said:

9/10 for me

Ok TWC, I’ll upgrade to 5/10 for some of the action stuff, expected though with the big budget , still guff 👎🏻

maroondevo52

Spider-Man (No Way Home)

8/10 really enjoyed it.

Wish I hadn’t bothered waiting for the 2 post credits bits.

Bleedsmaroon

Ghostbusters Afterlife. Loved it, 8/10, like a cross between the Goonies and Ghostbusters, took me right back to my childhood. Paul Rudd is great in these roles as well and the cameos from the original cast was just enough.

Ron Burgundy
12 hours ago, Cade said:

yes-napoleon-dynamite.gif

What film is this? I have no idea but from that 5 second clip I reckon it's my cup of tea.

14 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

The lost daughter. Pretentious crap 3/10

I cant see to take a liking to Olivia Coleman. I know she has won numerous awards etc and she is a fine actress but just something about her. I find her very dull on screen. I may miss this then despite it generally having good reviews. 

On 08/01/2022 at 17:28, Savage Vince said:

Agreed 

16 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

The lost daughter. Pretentious crap 3/10

Abandoned her bairns because she was randy then developed a doll fixation. One of the worst films I have ever seen. 0/10

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What film is this? I have no idea but from that 5 second clip I reckon it's my cup of tea.

tenor.gif

Silver Linings Playbook (Netflix)

6/10

I was expecting more of a drama about mental health but it steered more towards rom com territory. Not really my bag but the leads were decent enough (Bradley Cooper & Jennifer Lawrence).

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Napoleon Dynamite

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Abandoned her bairns because she was randy then developed a doll fixation. One of the worst films I have ever seen. 0/10

phew, nearly watched it on Saturday night. Looks like I had a close escape.

Watched The Tender Bar instead

meh, thankfully fell asleep

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Watched The Tender Bar on Sunday afternoon. Nothing really happens 😂. At the end I was just like…is that it?

Pans Jambo
On 08/01/2022 at 21:02, Gards said:

Really enjoyed it...9/10 for me.  Bypass the last Gohstbusters film and this is a brilliant sequel....got so emotional at the end and had some great ties to the first two films.

Agree. Thought it was a brilliant pop orn movie 9/10

Pans Jambo
19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Watched The Tender Bar on Sunday afternoon. Nothing really happens 😂. At the end I was just like…is that it?

Watched The Tender Bar last night. Enjoyed up until the shite ending. Had to look on the web to see what became of the guy as I didnt know who he was. 7/10 for the film 3/10 for the way it ended. 

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a good study in critics vs filmgoers.

Critics say it's crap and nothing but fan service.

Film fans absolutely love it.

Apparently, giving the audience what they want is now a bad thing.

luckyBatistuta
On 10/01/2022 at 15:51, Tommy Brown said:

On 10/01/2022 at 15:59, GinRummy said:

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Watched The Tender Bar last night. Enjoyed up until the shite ending. Had to look on the web to see what became of the guy as I didnt know who he was. 7/10 for the film 3/10 for the way it ended. 

Watched this a couple of days ago. It was one of those films you kind of knew it would have an ending something like that. I thought it was an alright movie, good to watch something like this, something that goes along at a quite sedate pace and gets you away from the relentless action movies.

7/10 from me 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

12 hours ago, Cade said:

Marvel's Eternals.

I'm convinced that this is a parody.

Just finished it and have to say I quite enjoyed it. Didn’t feel like the usual Marvel type of thing. 

The Theory Of Everything.

Its quintessentially English so let’s get that out the way in case it’s a problem when it shouldn’t be.

Croquet on the lawns of Cambridge. High T. Bravo boys! Just put that all to one side. 

What the film encapsulates perfectly is the mind of a genius. A genius brain we might never have the benefit of again. A brain so far ahead of its time it rewrote just about everything written before it. And then carried on writing. A brain that defied religion.

The film is incredible and Eddie Redmayne deservedly won awards for his portrayal of Prof Hawking.

10/10

On 11/01/2022 at 20:59, Cade said:

Agreed and have to admit I got a bit emotional at the end, which I thought they handled well.

On 11/01/2022 at 20:59, Cade said:

I would give it an 8/10. I enjoyed it probably because it felt like the originals. 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

A Quiet Place 2

Really liking this franchise so far.

Yeah I've enjoyed them both too.

Sci-fi/horror/character driven thriller is a good combo and the cast are great.

the son though:levein2:

Carl Fredrickson
31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

My 9yr old daughter says 8/10. 

My 6 year old daughter loves it. Idont think we adults are the target audience...

Watched Rush Hour with my 11 year old son tonight. He went to bed a very happy boy as he thought it was awesome0

8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My 6 year old daughter loves it. Idont think we adults are the target audience...

Watched Rush Hour with my 11 year old son tonight. He went to bed a very happy boy as he thought it was awesome0

He has good taste. When I was 11 year old, I rented Rush Hour from blockbuster every other week. :lol:

Carl Fredrickson
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He has good taste. When I was 11 year old, I rented Rush Hour from blockbuster every other week. :lol:

When it came out I saw a midnight showing of it at multiplex at Dundee (dont ask). Havent seen it in years and struggling for films to watch with him but good old Netflx won me brownie points tonight. 

I recently told my son about the Friday night Blockbusters experience. Going in on the way home from work expecting the latest "blockbuster" release but ending up with some second or third rate film that you wouldnt watch today on streaming services. 

15 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

When it came out I saw a midnight showing of it at multiplex at Dundee (dont ask). Havent seen it in years and struggling for films to watch with him but good old Netflx won me brownie points tonight. 

I recently told my son about the Friday night Blockbusters experience. Going in on the way home from work expecting the latest "blockbuster" release but ending up with some second or third rate film that you wouldnt watch today on streaming services. 

Kids these days will never understand that we had to go to a shop to rent a disc or tape that went in a machine. :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Kids these days will never understand that we had to go to a shop to rent a disc or tape that went in a machine. :lol: 

yep, you go to the video shop in hope that they had what you wanted in stock. if not you would be disappointed and have to make another selection

rudi must stay
19 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Have you shown him The Prestige 

The Frenchman Returns

How I fell in love with a gangster

8/10

The life and times of Nikos (Nikodem Skotarczak), notorious Polish gangster.  Gave it a couple of extra points for being about a Eastern bloc bloke who bought a football club, Lechia Gdansk. Probably give it a 2nd viewing as there were quite a few WTF moments but recommend if you are into gangster films.

Netflix

Pig

Nicolas Cage. Hyped by the media so thought I pull catch it on Sky Premier tonight.

Wish I hadn’t.

Its rubbish.

Should be called Turkey and not Pig.

Fire_At_The_Disco
23 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Pig

Nicolas Cage. Hyped by the media so thought I pull catch it on Sky Premier tonight.

Wish I hadn’t.

Its rubbish.

Should be called Turkey and not Pig.

Ooooft I agree 100% total shite and he’s an absolutely bang average actor.