The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 11/12/2021 at 15:57, Tazio said:

If the ending is a bit shit then it can’t be a 10/10

It can in Rudi's world.

He has given a couple of 5s recently, they must be really bad films.

William H. Bonney

Wrath of man 6.5/10

Not sure about this film. Didn’t feel like a guy Ritchie movie and I don’t think Jason stathams character was necessary. Often at times it felt like I was watching two separate films. You know, flicking between channels.

Till Death on Netflix.

Woman gets handcuffed to her dead husband and then has to escape a couple of men who are out to kill her. 

Sounded like a good idea but was really awful.

She sneaks around the house, up and down stairs, to and from the shed, whilst being chained to a dead man's body as if it's a dead cat.

2/10

Carl Fredrickson

The Wrath of Man

Not Guy Riches (sp?) finest film. I lost interest in it.  I have had more pleasure watching a constipated dug trying to crap. 

2/10

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The Green Knight

A few artistic choices stop it getting a 10

10/10

Shame it never got the perfect score.

Cinderella Man. Fantastic boxing film based around the time of the Great Depression in America. The story of world heavyweight champion James Braddock played by Russell Crowe and also featuring Paul Giamati and Rene Zelwegger.  A proper rags to riches tale that would bring a tear to a glass eye. 

Had seen it years ago but enjoyed it even more this time round. One of my favourite films 10/10

Currently on Disney +

Edited by GinRummy

SPIDER-MAN - No Way Home

As a huge MCU fan this was the bollocks! Hit all the right boxes which included some amazing interactions between characters! Thoroughly enjoyed it! 9/10 

Edited by JamboMarc

Carl Fredrickson

Spiderman No Way Home

Went today with the kids. Cinema was mobbed - the busiest I have seen it since Covid (I go at least once a week)

My 11 year old son is a huge Marvel fan and he has been looking forward to this for months. He was not disappointed. 

Lots to please Spiderman fans but for folk who arent huge fans it has lots of action, a decent storyline and a few laughs. My main criticism is that it is a bit long and it is now 2 post credit scenes rather than one. That is a long time to sit with a couple of kids.

I would give it 8/10 my son would give it more than 10/10

rudi must stay

G I Joe Snake Eyes

A film made with a visual eye, Japanese culture and all the colours make for a spectacle. Entertaining acting throughout, the Director must have said no soppy boring acting allowed 

10/10

rudi must stay

Kate

Visually nice but humourless and another one where the director loves violence at times over story. Mary Winstead puts in a shift though

8/10

137 Shots, Netflix. Frightening, shameful, sad and depressing. I wanted to jump into the screen and set about the union rep.

The Matrix Resurrections.

The first 20 minutes annoyed me quite a lot if I'm honest. I hate writers trying to be too smart/cool about examining narrative inside narrative. Stick your meta, Lana, and embrace your ****ing legacy.  

Once the second Act started, it got better but it's not a match for The Matrix (not much is, in fairness).

Jessica Henwick is the standout for me and maybe helps nudge it towards 7/10. 

Disser Pointon
6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The first 20 minutes annoyed me quite a lot if I'm honest. I hate writers trying to be too smart/cool about examining narrative inside narrative. Stick your meta, Lana, and embrace your ****ing legacy.  

Once the second Act started, it got better but it's not a match for The Matrix (not much is, in fairness).

Saw it last night, it's a convoluted mess of a film, they should have left it alone at 3.

3 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Saw it last night, it's a convoluted mess of a film, they should have left it alone at 3.

I think it will be be more enjoyable on a rewatch, it definitely threatened to disappear up its own arse in the first act, as Wachowski basically baited her audience. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Yup, I cycled through there when they were filming. Shite Christmas film though. 

I'm hoping mrs B forgets about it. 

We walked the dog down there and seen the set up.

Unfortunately she mentioned it last week.

I will tell her, you said its shite and not worth watching :lol:

10 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I'm hoping mrs B forgets about it. 

We walked the dog down there and seen the set up.

Unfortunately she mentioned it last week.

I will tell her, you said its shite and not worth watching :lol:

:lol: she might like it. It's meant to be a romantic comedy.  Just not my sort of film.

20 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Spoiler

i sort of understood what they were trying but imo failed badly at it. there were bits that were style over substance. in the end it seemed like a mash of ideas were thrown together and they took the worst bits from them and filmed that. 

4/10 for me

rudi must stay

Equals

Famous cast and not a word spoken about it since 2015. 5 minutes and it felt like it was going nowhere so I gave up. Time to be tougher on this as I'm getting stick 

1/10

Having my annual watch of El Camino Christmas on Netflix. Film about a bunch of people stuck in a siege in a diner on the lead up to Christmas. Excellent performance from Tim Allen in a very un-Tim Allen role. 
Underrated film for some reason. Oh, and it’s nothing to do with Breaking Bad. 

Edited by Tazio

Watched, No Man Of God, last night.   Very good bundy actor.    Different character this time in the form Jack Hagmaier which from his research into Bundy as a FBI profiler.  , 9/10.   Fairly sensitive material, watchable.    

Watched Last Train To Christmas today.    I'll be kind and go 5/10.  Some funny stuff and Cary Elwes plays a good part.    Michael Sheen the main actor.    It's a present, future, past type Christmas movie.   Got abit boring after, I almost lost the plot.   I think it starts about Sheens character being selfish and ends unselfish.    Shit overall.    

William H. Bonney
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Having my annual watch of El Camino Christmas on Netflix. Film about a bunch of people stuck in a siege in a diner on the lead up to Christmas. Excellent performance from Tim Allen in a very un-Tim Allen role. 

I also watched this last night. 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Cheers Tazio, will give this a go.