Jump to content
Guest GhostHunter

The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Recommended Posts

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Meg

 

What an ending 

 

10


 

 

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Meg

 

What an ending 

 

10

 

5 hours ago, Alex said:

 

😂

 

Beat me to it!


I’m gonna watch this tonight, two 10/10

a classic

1B509E21-8D38-40E1-96EE-A7053FC340AB.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madjambo21

You cannot kill David Arquette 

 

Mental documentary following Arquette getting back into the world of wrestling (never knew he was in WCW in 2000ish)

 

Not something I'd normally watch but it shows what an emotional guy he is from his family life, alcoholism and faltering career.

 

Not a big wrestling fan but 7/10 for me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson

Compliance

 

A 2012 film that I missed. A spoof phone call to a fast food joint sets in motion one of the staff being accused of theft. The "cop" on the line is manipulative and gets people to impose authority on the accused. 

 

I found it quite disturbing and the fact that it is based on a true story makes it very frightening..  8/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jim747

The Man with the Iron Heart 7/10, another on Netflix, about the assassination of Nazi leader Reinhard Heydrich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Fantasy Island

 

thought it would be dross

 

it was😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Villain...Craig Fairbrass

 

5/10

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy

The Business, few years old typical gangsters in Spain thingy with Danny Geezer Dyer. Cracking 80's soundtrack.

 

Blue Story, about black gang life in London fighting simply because they lived in different postcodes. Wasn't too bad and didn't do down the expected excuse route of being in a gang due to lack of opportunities etc.

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

21 Bridges

 

Bought and re watched this in light of Chadwick Boseman's death, RIP, incredible to think he was acting his socks of so Ill. I think I was unkind to it, it's nice to look at and he's brilliant. So it's not Oscar worthy or anything particularly new it does the job and certainly beats some of the stuff that's in cinemas at the moment

 

6/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles

Summer of 84. 6/10

 

i watched this on shudder. 
4 boys become convinced their neighbour , a cop, is a serial killer. 
It has a stranger things vibe going on. Massive tonal shift in the last 20 minutes though. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles

Ready or not. 8/10 

 

I watched this on now tv. 
 

A bride plays a terrifying game of hide and seek on her wedding night with her new family. 
Very funny, dark horror. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles

Villain.  6/10

 

Now tv again. 
 

Craig fairbrass plays a recently released convict returning to his old ways. 
Surprisingly it’s actually pretty decent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Venom

 

Ending was just a mess, a shame the first half was fine

 

6/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy

Annihilation. Absolute nonsense. Don’t bother. 2/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy

Annihilation. Absolute nonsense. Don’t bother. 2/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Annihilation. Absolute nonsense. Don’t bother. 2/10


it is absolutely brutal. Garbage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
On 04/09/2020 at 21:53, Furious Styles said:

Ready or not. 8/10 

 

I watched this on now tv. 
 

A bride plays a terrifying game of hide and seek on her wedding night with her new family. 
Very funny, dark horror. 

 

It's hilarious. Very silly but very funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Watching dark phoenix again. I've e just noticed the chair Professor X is using. Well played James Mcavoy. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
On 02/09/2020 at 13:17, luckyBatistuta said:

Fantasy Island

 

thought it would be dross

 

it was😞

What a pile of dung that was aye. 

On 02/09/2020 at 13:19, luckyBatistuta said:

Villain...Craig Fairbrass

 

5/10

 

Didn’t mind Villain tbh. 6.5/10 for me. 
Fairbrass is quite a good cockney w***er gangster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Watching dark phoenix again. I've e just noticed the chair Professor X is using. Well played James Mcavoy. :D

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
Just now, hughesie27 said:

?

I’d imagine he’s spotted the wheels have X shape spokes. Everyone else would see an X, he would see a saltire cross...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’d imagine he’s spotted the wheels have X shape spokes. Everyone else would see an X, he would see a saltire cross...

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’d imagine he’s spotted the wheels have X shape spokes. Everyone else would see an X, he would see a saltire cross...

No, the back actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy

L'Immortale

 

Anyone who's watched Gommorrah would enjoy this IMO, it's a full length film of Ciro's upbringing and stuff. I will say no more as to not spoil it.

 

I loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

L'Immortale

 

Anyone who's watched Gommorrah would enjoy this IMO, it's a full length film of Ciro's upbringing and stuff. I will say no more as to not spoil it.

 

I loved it.

 

Where did you watch this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Where did you watch this?


sky Atlantic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Where did you watch this?

It was in the Box Sets section of Sky for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

 

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:


sky Atlantic 

 

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It was in the Box Sets section of Sky for some reason.

 

Cheers guys, I've got Sky Boxsets so I'll be watching this soon  :thumbsup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson

Watched a couple of classics yesterday - Glory  and The Shawshank Redemption. Both tremendous and whatever I watch tonight will not be as good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

John Wick

 

You know what I'll give it a 10. Easy to follow, funny, stylish at hell. A good find on Amazon Prime 

 

10/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

John Wick

 

You know what I'll give it a 10. Easy to follow, funny, stylish at hell. A good find on Amazon Prime 

 

10/10

 
it’s brilliant. The 2 sequels are good shouts too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Sonic The Hedgehog 

 

I had a brief moment to myself this morning, "it can't be that bad, I'll give it a shot" well it is that bad, that bad that I have no intention of finishing it. It's a shame because Sonic as a character is cool and there's a movie there. But not live action and not like this

 

2/10 and the second point is for Jim Carrey putting in not a bad shift as Robotnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
21 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

John Wick

 

You know what I'll give it a 10. Easy to follow, funny, stylish at hell. A good find on Amazon Prime 

 

10/10

Part 3 is on Netflix. Brilliant! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Bill and Ted

 

Far better than I expected. Actually a pretty funny film I'd give it a 7/10

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

Gangs of New York (Amazon Prime)

7.5/10

Not quite as good as I remember it being but still holds up pretty well. Day Lewis and Di Caprio both put in great performances.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dirkdiggler77
On 01/09/2020 at 02:42, Madjambo21 said:

You cannot kill David Arquette 

 

Mental documentary following Arquette getting back into the world of wrestling (never knew he was in WCW in 2000ish)

 

Not something I'd normally watch but it shows what an emotional guy he is from his family life, alcoholism and faltering career.

 

Not a big wrestling fan but 7/10 for me.

 

 

 

There is an old Howard Stern ep on youtube with Arquette and Courtney Cox after she left him and he's trying to win her back but she she isn't having it because he's a womanizer, quite funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dirkdiggler77

Has anybody seen Berberian Sound Studio?

 

It's on 4od it's about this mild man (Toby Jones) who goes to Italy to do the sound effects for film (which turns out to be a giallo) and everyone around him is strange and there is a very sinister undertone

 

It's got a poor imdb score and not many forums about it but a few intellectual types love it and say it's awesome but majority don't like it because it ends ambiguously and it's very vague in what it was really all about

 

Personally i liked it even though i can't truly figure it out either, its very cryptic

 

If anyone has seen it and can break it down then fair play because there isn't much out there on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
15 hours ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Has anybody seen Berberian Sound Studio?

 

It's on 4od it's about this mild man (Toby Jones) who goes to Italy to do the sound effects for film (which turns out to be a giallo) and everyone around him is strange and there is a very sinister undertone

 

It's got a poor imdb score and not many forums about it but a few intellectual types love it and say it's awesome but majority don't like it because it ends ambiguously and it's very vague in what it was really all about

 

Personally i liked it even though i can't truly figure it out either, its very cryptic

 

If anyone has seen it and can break it down then fair play because there isn't much out there on it

 

Saw this at the cinema. A proper WTF film. I enjoyed it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

I watched Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night. It was a decent enough way to waste a couple of hours but based on it compared to the first one I hope they don’t make a 3rd as the law of diminishing returns say it will be a honker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

State of play. Not bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

 

Utter shite. 2/10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I watched Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night. It was a decent enough way to waste a couple of hours but based on it compared to the first one I hope they don’t make a 3rd as the law of diminishing returns say it will be a honker. 

a third is planned along with a prequel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
On 12/09/2020 at 22:13, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Has anybody seen Berberian Sound Studio?

 

It's on 4od it's about this mild man (Toby Jones) who goes to Italy to do the sound effects for film (which turns out to be a giallo) and everyone around him is strange and there is a very sinister undertone

 

It's got a poor imdb score and not many forums about it but a few intellectual types love it and say it's awesome but majority don't like it because it ends ambiguously and it's very vague in what it was really all about

 

Personally i liked it even though i can't truly figure it out either, its very cryptic

 

If anyone has seen it and can break it down then fair play because there isn't much out there on it

 

Just ordered it

 

Not a horror fan but remember Mark Kermode rating this and Tobey Jones at that time. There's another good films where Jones plays Hitchcock filming the film the birds  

Edited by rudi must stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Just ordered it

 

Not a horror fan but remember Mark Kermode rating this and Tobey Jones at that time. There's another good films where Jones plays Hitchcock filming the film the birds  

Im a big Hitchcock fan. What film is Toby Jones in regarding Hitch?.  In the mid 1990s i went to see a " Screen by screen" talk at the Filmhouse where the actress Theresa Wright discussed  working with Hitch on his brilliant " Shadow of a doubt".  They played scenes from the film and she discussed her experiences with the audience. It was a great night. She was in her mid 70s by then and it was quite moving seeing her younger self on screen behind her.  She was probably mid 20s when she made it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im a big Hitchcock fan. What film is Toby Jones in regarding Hitch?.  In the mid 1990s i went to see a " Screen by screen" talk at the Filmhouse where the actress Theresa Wright discussed  working with Hitch on his brilliant " Shadow of a doubt".  They played scenes from the film and she discussed her experiences with the audience. It was a great night. She was in her mid 70s by then and it was quite moving seeing her younger self on screen behind her.  She was probably mid 20s when she made it. 

 

The Girl it's called. Sure you could find it online it's pretty good, especially if you are a Hitchcock fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

The Girl it's called. Sure you could find it online it's pretty good, especially if you are a Hitchcock fan

Oh ive seen it. ! lol.  Yeah it was quite good but people were slightly critical of the depiction of Hitch as predatory and cruel to Hedren i recall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic
On 10/09/2020 at 09:17, Ron Burgundy said:

L'Immortale

 

Anyone who's watched Gommorrah would enjoy this IMO, it's a full length film of Ciro's upbringing and stuff. I will say no more as to not spoil it.

 

I loved it.

 

Watched this last night. Absolutely fantastic. 

 

10/10 for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

Cheers for the heads up about it @Ron Burgundy. I didn't even realise it was being made!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Cheers for the heads up about it @Ron Burgundy. I didn't even realise it was being made!

 

 

Nor did I, just stumbled across it whilst looking for something to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Resistance

 

Quite a forgettable film. Not awful but not great

 

5.5/10

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Echo In The Canyon. Documentary with lots of concert footage made by Jakob Dylan about the LA music scene in the mid sixties. Great interviews with all the main players in the movement and top notch archive footage. Highly recommended if that type of thing interests you. 
currently available on amazon Prime for £1.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...