Guest GhostHunter

The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Meg

What an ending 

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Meg

What an ending 

5 hours ago, Alex said:

😂

Beat me to it!

I’m gonna watch this tonight, two 10/10

a classic

1B509E21-8D38-40E1-96EE-A7053FC340AB.gif

Madjambo21

You cannot kill David Arquette 

Mental documentary following Arquette getting back into the world of wrestling (never knew he was in WCW in 2000ish)

Not something I'd normally watch but it shows what an emotional guy he is from his family life, alcoholism and faltering career.

Not a big wrestling fan but 7/10 for me.

Carl Fredrickson

Compliance

A 2012 film that I missed. A spoof phone call to a fast food joint sets in motion one of the staff being accused of theft. The "cop" on the line is manipulative and gets people to impose authority on the accused. 

I found it quite disturbing and the fact that it is based on a true story makes it very frightening..  8/10

jim747

The Man with the Iron Heart 7/10, another on Netflix, about the assassination of Nazi leader Reinhard Heydrich.

luckyBatistuta

Fantasy Island

thought it would be dross

it was😞

luckyBatistuta

Villain...Craig Fairbrass

5/10

Ron Burgundy

The Business, few years old typical gangsters in Spain thingy with Danny Geezer Dyer. Cracking 80's soundtrack.

Blue Story, about black gang life in London fighting simply because they lived in different postcodes. Wasn't too bad and didn't do down the expected excuse route of being in a gang due to lack of opportunities etc.

rudi must stay

21 Bridges

Bought and re watched this in light of Chadwick Boseman's death, RIP, incredible to think he was acting his socks of so Ill. I think I was unkind to it, it's nice to look at and he's brilliant. So it's not Oscar worthy or anything particularly new it does the job and certainly beats some of the stuff that's in cinemas at the moment

6/10

Furious Styles

Summer of 84. 6/10

i watched this on shudder. 
4 boys become convinced their neighbour , a cop, is a serial killer. 
It has a stranger things vibe going on. Massive tonal shift in the last 20 minutes though. 

Furious Styles

Ready or not. 8/10 

I watched this on now tv. 

A bride plays a terrifying game of hide and seek on her wedding night with her new family. 
Very funny, dark horror. 

Furious Styles

Villain.  6/10

Now tv again. 

Craig fairbrass plays a recently released convict returning to his old ways. 
Surprisingly it’s actually pretty decent. 

rudi must stay

Venom

Ending was just a mess, a shame the first half was fine

6/10

Muppetboy

Annihilation. Absolute nonsense. Don’t bother. 2/10

Muppetboy

1971fozzy
2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

it is absolutely brutal. Garbage 

Weakened Offender
On 04/09/2020 at 21:53, Furious Styles said:

Ready or not. 8/10 

I watched this on now tv. 

A bride plays a terrifying game of hide and seek on her wedding night with her new family. 
Very funny, dark horror. 

It's hilarious. Very silly but very funny. 

ri Alban

Watching dark phoenix again. I've e just noticed the chair Professor X is using. Well played James Mcavoy. :D

jack D and coke
On 02/09/2020 at 13:17, luckyBatistuta said:

Fantasy Island

thought it would be dross

it was😞

What a pile of dung that was aye. 

On 02/09/2020 at 13:19, luckyBatistuta said:

Villain...Craig Fairbrass

5/10

Didn’t mind Villain tbh. 6.5/10 for me. 
Fairbrass is quite a good cockney w***er gangster. 

hughesie27
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Watching dark phoenix again. I've e just noticed the chair Professor X is using. Well played James Mcavoy. :D

?

Tazio
Just now, hughesie27 said:

?

I’d imagine he’s spotted the wheels have X shape spokes. Everyone else would see an X, he would see a saltire cross...

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’d imagine he’s spotted the wheels have X shape spokes. Everyone else would see an X, he would see a saltire cross...

Cheers. 

ri Alban
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

No, the back actually. 

Ron Burgundy

L'Immortale

Anyone who's watched Gommorrah would enjoy this IMO, it's a full length film of Ciro's upbringing and stuff. I will say no more as to not spoil it.

I loved it.

Ray Gin
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

L'Immortale

Anyone who's watched Gommorrah would enjoy this IMO, it's a full length film of Ciro's upbringing and stuff. I will say no more as to not spoil it.

I loved it.

Where did you watch this?

Furious Styles
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

sky Atlantic 

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

It was in the Box Sets section of Sky for some reason.

Ray Gin

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

sky Atlantic 

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It was in the Box Sets section of Sky for some reason.

Cheers guys, I've got Sky Boxsets so I'll be watching this soon  :thumbsup: 

Carl Fredrickson

Watched a couple of classics yesterday - Glory  and The Shawshank Redemption. Both tremendous and whatever I watch tonight will not be as good. 

rudi must stay

John Wick

You know what I'll give it a 10. Easy to follow, funny, stylish at hell. A good find on Amazon Prime 

10/10

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

John Wick

You know what I'll give it a 10. Easy to follow, funny, stylish at hell. A good find on Amazon Prime 

10/10

it’s brilliant. The 2 sequels are good shouts too

rudi must stay

Sonic The Hedgehog 

I had a brief moment to myself this morning, "it can't be that bad, I'll give it a shot" well it is that bad, that bad that I have no intention of finishing it. It's a shame because Sonic as a character is cool and there's a movie there. But not live action and not like this

2/10 and the second point is for Jim Carrey putting in not a bad shift as Robotnik

ri Alban
21 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

John Wick

10/10

Part 3 is on Netflix. Brilliant! 

rudi must stay

Bill and Ted

Far better than I expected. Actually a pretty funny film I'd give it a 7/10

Ray Gin

Gangs of New York (Amazon Prime)

7.5/10

Not quite as good as I remember it being but still holds up pretty well. Day Lewis and Di Caprio both put in great performances.

Dirkdiggler77
On 01/09/2020 at 02:42, Madjambo21 said:

You cannot kill David Arquette 

Mental documentary following Arquette getting back into the world of wrestling (never knew he was in WCW in 2000ish)

Not something I'd normally watch but it shows what an emotional guy he is from his family life, alcoholism and faltering career.

Not a big wrestling fan but 7/10 for me.

There is an old Howard Stern ep on youtube with Arquette and Courtney Cox after she left him and he's trying to win her back but she she isn't having it because he's a womanizer, quite funny

Dirkdiggler77

Has anybody seen Berberian Sound Studio?

It's on 4od it's about this mild man (Toby Jones) who goes to Italy to do the sound effects for film (which turns out to be a giallo) and everyone around him is strange and there is a very sinister undertone

It's got a poor imdb score and not many forums about it but a few intellectual types love it and say it's awesome but majority don't like it because it ends ambiguously and it's very vague in what it was really all about

Personally i liked it even though i can't truly figure it out either, its very cryptic

If anyone has seen it and can break it down then fair play because there isn't much out there on it

Ray Gin
15 hours ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

It's on 4od it's about this mild man (Toby Jones) who goes to Italy to do the sound effects for film (which turns out to be a giallo) and everyone around him is strange and there is a very sinister undertone

It's got a poor imdb score and not many forums about it but a few intellectual types love it and say it's awesome but majority don't like it because it ends ambiguously and it's very vague in what it was really all about

Personally i liked it even though i can't truly figure it out either, its very cryptic

If anyone has seen it and can break it down then fair play because there isn't much out there on it

Saw this at the cinema. A proper WTF film. I enjoyed it though.

Tazio

I watched Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night. It was a decent enough way to waste a couple of hours but based on it compared to the first one I hope they don’t make a 3rd as the law of diminishing returns say it will be a honker. 

ri Alban

State of play. Not bad. 

AndyNic

I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

Utter shite. 2/10. 

milky_26
38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I watched Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night. It was a decent enough way to waste a couple of hours but based on it compared to the first one I hope they don’t make a 3rd as the law of diminishing returns say it will be a honker. 

a third is planned along with a prequel

rudi must stay
On 12/09/2020 at 22:13, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Just ordered it

Not a horror fan but remember Mark Kermode rating this and Tobey Jones at that time. There's another good films where Jones plays Hitchcock filming the film the birds  

Edited by rudi must stay

JamesM48
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Just ordered it

Not a horror fan but remember Mark Kermode rating this and Tobey Jones at that time. There's another good films where Jones plays Hitchcock filming the film the birds  

Im a big Hitchcock fan. What film is Toby Jones in regarding Hitch?.  In the mid 1990s i went to see a " Screen by screen" talk at the Filmhouse where the actress Theresa Wright discussed  working with Hitch on his brilliant " Shadow of a doubt".  They played scenes from the film and she discussed her experiences with the audience. It was a great night. She was in her mid 70s by then and it was quite moving seeing her younger self on screen behind her.  She was probably mid 20s when she made it. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im a big Hitchcock fan. What film is Toby Jones in regarding Hitch?.  In the mid 1990s i went to see a " Screen by screen" talk at the Filmhouse where the actress Theresa Wright discussed  working with Hitch on his brilliant " Shadow of a doubt".  They played scenes from the film and she discussed her experiences with the audience. It was a great night. She was in her mid 70s by then and it was quite moving seeing her younger self on screen behind her.  She was probably mid 20s when she made it. 

The Girl it's called. Sure you could find it online it's pretty good, especially if you are a Hitchcock fan

JamesM48
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The Girl it's called. Sure you could find it online it's pretty good, especially if you are a Hitchcock fan

Oh ive seen it. ! lol.  Yeah it was quite good but people were slightly critical of the depiction of Hitch as predatory and cruel to Hedren i recall. 

AndyNic
On 10/09/2020 at 09:17, Ron Burgundy said:

L'Immortale

I loved it.

Watched this last night. Absolutely fantastic. 

10/10 for sure.

AndyNic

Cheers for the heads up about it @Ron Burgundy. I didn't even realise it was being made!

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Cheers for the heads up about it @Ron Burgundy. I didn't even realise it was being made!

Nor did I, just stumbled across it whilst looking for something to watch.

rudi must stay

Resistance

Quite a forgettable film. Not awful but not great

5.5/10

Tazio

Echo In The Canyon. Documentary with lots of concert footage made by Jakob Dylan about the LA music scene in the mid sixties. Great interviews with all the main players in the movement and top notch archive footage. Highly recommended if that type of thing interests you. 
currently available on amazon Prime for £1.99