Jump to content

The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...


Guest GhostHunter

Recommended Posts

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Uncut Gems, started off as an 8/10 but quickly ended up a 5/10

 

10/10 for julia fox's arse though. 

A belter of a movie. Didn’t think I would enjoy it after reading the synopsis, but thought it was fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • rudi must stay

    898

  • The Frenchman Returns

    666

  • Ray Gin

    457

  • Zico

    313

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winter's Bone   Tough drama set in really small town USA (Ozark Mountains).   Really impressed at the performances in this - a few Oscar nominations at the time.   7.5/10

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Uncut Gems, started off as an 8/10 but quickly ended up a 5/10

 

10/10 for julia fox's arse though. 

A belter of a movie. Didn’t think I would enjoy it after reading the synopsis, but thought it was fantastic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Uncut Gems, started off as an 8/10 but quickly ended up a 5/10

 

10/10 for julia fox's arse though. 

A belter of a movie. Didn’t think I would enjoy it after reading the synopsis, but thought it was fantastic 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Cold Pursuit. Not much cop, but Fernie has been added to my bucket list to visit. It looks incredible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2020 at 11:01, John Findlay said:

This,was the role he should have got his oscar for imho.

Agreed, it’s a towering performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy

The devil has a name...about big oil companies shafting farmers, based on a true story, 8/10.

 

The new Borat film. Guy has balls of steel. 7/10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Watched Scarface last night.

possibly one of the best films. Perfect 80’s fare. Music , violence, and drugs. Some real hilarious scenes as well. Tremendous 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

The Lighthouse.

5/10, a bit "Arty" for me but it kept the wife quite for a couple of hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Lighthouse.

5/10, a bit "Arty" for me but it kept the wife quite for a couple of hours.

Interesting trivia fact. They actually used vintage 1930’s camera lenses to get the authentic old school black and white look. The lenses are so rubbish the set was incredibly bright from the amount of very powerful HMI discharge lights they had to use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Interesting trivia fact. They actually used vintage 1930’s camera lenses to get the authentic old school black and white look. The lenses are so rubbish the set was incredibly bright from the amount of very powerful HMI discharge lights they had to use.

It was very atmospheric due no doubt to the equipment you described. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It was very atmospheric due no doubt to the equipment you described. 

I get a bit geeky about lighting stuff as it’s my job, hopefully I get to do it again properly sometime soon. Each special HMI light they use is roughly 4 times the power of a normal tungsten filament light and they were using 8000 watt units so each single light was 32,000 watts! Makes the 100w bulb in someone’s living room look a bit rubbish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
On 29/10/2020 at 23:07, Tazio said:

I get a bit geeky about lighting stuff as it’s my job, hopefully I get to do it again properly sometime soon. Each special HMI light they use is roughly 4 times the power of a normal tungsten filament light and they were using 8000 watt units so each single light was 32,000 watts! Makes the 100w bulb in someone’s living room look a bit rubbish. 

Not a carbon-neutral movie then? LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Not a carbon-neutral movie then? LOL

Oddly yes. 4 times the output for a quarter of the power usage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

Day off today to recover from the weekend. Watched “Ghosts of war”.

 

Utter shite!!! The last 30 minutes are right up there with the biggest load of pish I’ve ever watched. I seem to be an optomist when watching films. I always think they really cant be this bad and there must be a really good ending. Sadly not for this dugshit!!!

 

1/10

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
18 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The Invisible Man, 8/10, really enjoyed it.


yeah we watched it and thought it was very good. The lead woman in this is superb 

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
On 02/11/2020 at 14:38, ri Alban said:

Reach for the sky 👍 loved it. 10/10

Kenneth Moore is excellent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

Richard Jewell.

9/10.

Brilliant film, Sam Rockwell was great, as he always seems to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Madjambo21
On 02/11/2020 at 22:56, Pans Jambo said:

Day off today to recover from the weekend. Watched “Ghosts of war”.

 

Utter shite!!! The last 30 minutes are right up there with the biggest load of pish I’ve ever watched. I seem to be an optomist when watching films. I always think they really cant be this bad and there must be a really good ending. Sadly not for this dugshit!!!

 

1/10

Just watched it and I agree that the last 30mins are terrible.

 

Not bad cast as well and pretty violent but nothing scary like most modern horrors.

 

4/10 for me (extra points for Billy Zane cameo 😎)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Richard Jewell.

9/10.

Brilliant film, Sam Rockwell was great, as he always seems to be.

What platform is that on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles

His house - 6/10

 

Horror film on Netflix about 2 asylum seekers living in a house in England. 
An evil spirit resides with them. 
 

A couple of decent scares. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
27 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:


sky movies 

I dont have that. I will see if its on IPTV

Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

The Tax Collector

 

It's not bad. Le Bouef is good as always and it's a slickly made film

 

6/10

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

His house - 6/10

 

Horror film on Netflix about 2 asylum seekers living in a house in England. 
An evil spirit resides with them. 
 

A couple of decent scares. 

Watched it last night.

 

Fair review.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
chester copperpot

Unhinged - Russel Crowe

 

Pretty pish tho Crowe was half convincing 4/10

Edited by chester copperpot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy

Midsommar, 8/10 . Thoroughly enjoyed it, very creepy and unsettling, about a group of Americans who go to Sweden to observe a festival that takes place every 90 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy

Mama, 6/10

guillermo del toro produced this I think, not scary enough for me although the wifey ghost looks ghoulish enougj

Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles

Richard Jewell.  8/10

 

I was totally engrossed. Another terrific film from my favourite actor, and rapidly becoming my favourite director. 

Structure, plotting and pacing are Eastwood's strengths. He's vastly superior to Ron Howard, who makes films of a similar style.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Watched ‘A Few Good Men’ tonight.  Jack Nicholson in blistering form. Also the likes of Tom Cruise and Kevin Bacon also superb. Film never gets old. Loved watching it again

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Watched ‘A Few Good Men’ tonight.  Jack Nicholson in blistering form. Also the likes of Tom Cruise and Kevin Bacon also superb. Film never gets old. Loved watching it again

Jack and Tom are always immense. Even if the movie is mince. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy

Over the weekend I watched,

 

Outback - true story about 2 travelers lost in the outback, 5/10.

 

Django unchained -  3rd watch, love it, 9/10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once upon a time Hollywood. Not great as it put me to sleep. I'll try again before I rate it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
On 10/11/2020 at 17:34, ri Alban said:

Once upon a time Hollywood. Not great as it put me to sleep. I'll try again before I rate it. 

 

I would strongly recommend sticking with it, I started watching and was eventually hooked and it turned out to be brilliant (IMHO)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Madjambo21

The King

 

Film about Henry the 5th on Netflix.

 

Enjoyed watching this and had what I would imagine is a realistic battle scene at the end.

 

Watch out for Robert Pattinson as the son of the French king.

 

7/10 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
On 10/11/2020 at 17:34, ri Alban said:

Once upon a time Hollywood. Not great as it put me to sleep. I'll try again before I rate it. 

 

I would strongly recommend sticking with it, I started watching and was eventually hooked and it turned out to be brilliant (IMHO)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Man Who Would Be King.

10/10.

What a classic. 

 

One of my all time favourite films. I think my dial would go up to 11 for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
13 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

 

I would strongly recommend sticking with it, I started watching and was eventually hooked and it turned out to be brilliant (IMHO)

A fantastic movie. The last third was intense stuff. Loved it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Boston Jambo

The Endless Trench.

A Spanish language movie about the "moles" who had to go into hiding in attics, crawl spaces etc, to avoid execution after the Spanish Civil War. Many of them remained hidden for thirty years or more until Franco granted them amnesty.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...