The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

'Donnie Brasco' on Prime

8.5/10

Depp and Pacino are great in this classic crime thriller about an undercover FBI agent who infiltrates the mob.

luckyBatistuta

Greyhound

Thought it was a decent watch, enjoyed it. Tom Hanks with yet another top performance, but he has better movies.

7/10

Tommy Brown
13 hours ago, jim747 said:

Parasite, Korean film, interesting storyline 8/10

Is it dubbed or subtitled?

Was looking at the Oscar best picture winners and can't help thinking that I have no inclination to watch any of them.

2020 Parasite

2019 Green Book

2018 Shape of Water

2017 Moonlight

2016 Spotlight

2015 Birdman

Maybe just me, just don't seem to write and produce classic movies anymore. Talk me into any of the above. All before the above a really good movies than stand the test of time.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Was looking at the Oscar best picture winners and can't help thinking that I have no inclination to watch any of them.

2020 Parasite

2019 Green Book

2018 Shape of Water

2017 Moonlight

2016 Spotlight

2015 Birdman

Maybe just me, just don't seem to write and produce classic movies anymore. Talk me into any of the above. All before the above a really good movies than stand the test of time.

Green Book is a good watch. 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

2020 Parasite

2019 Green Book

2018 Shape of Water

2017 Moonlight

2016 Spotlight

2015 Birdman

I struggle with sub titles on movies but Parasite kept me engrossed. Really enjoyed it. 

Green Book is the only other one I wold recommend from your list. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

2020 Parasite...It was alright.

2019 Green Book...Great film

2018 Shape of Water...Absolute Garbage

2017 Moonlight...More Garbage

2016 Spotlight...Still not seen it

2015 Birdman...Not seen it

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Spotlight is brilliant.

2nd that.

Absolute class movie.

I didn't know to much about the subject before hand but this film shows you how corrupt the Catholic church is.

Amazing and horrifying 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Spotlight is brilliant.

Did notice that when I read the list and would endorse this view of it.

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

A privilege to be the focus of your 6000th post. 

Edited by hughesie27

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

A privilege to be the focus of your 6000th post. 

I didnt even notice. I should do an Oscar style speech

23 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

2020 Parasite

2019 Green Book

2018 Shape of Water

2017 Moonlight

2016 Spotlight

2015 Birdman

Spotlight and Parasite were great. 

Green Book is decent. 

Birdman is alright. 

Moonlight very overrated. 

Edited by Ray Gin

The Stoning of Soraya M. (Amazon Prime). 
True story
feking hell that was a hard watch.  Life in Iran for women is brutal (that’s being kind). Horrendous and had us in tears.  I’d say it’s important viewing but Jesus it’s not easy. The other half couldn’t watch last 15 mins and I struggled. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

luckyBatistuta
On 20/07/2020 at 11:57, hughesie27 said:

Spotlight is brilliant.

On 20/07/2020 at 13:31, Madjambo21 said:

2nd that.

Absolute class movie.

I didn't know to much about the subject before hand but this film shows you how corrupt the Catholic church is.

Amazing and horrifying 

On 20/07/2020 at 13:33, Carl Fredrickson said:

Will try and watch it tonight, but I’ve already started on the Heineken, so will probably nod off after the first 10 minutes🙄

luckyBatistuta
22 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

True story
feking hell that was a hard watch.  Life in Iran for women is brutal (that’s being kind). Horrendous and had us in tears.  I’d say it’s important viewing but Jesus it’s not easy. The other half couldn’t watch last 15 mins and I struggled. 

I watched this (think I put it up on here) It’s a difficult watch. Disgusting that this happened then and still continues to happen now. I don’t know if you’ve watched the Passion of the Christ, but that’s a really good movie, but a lot more brutal and harder to watch than this.

Carl Fredrickson

LUCE on Now TV. Hadnt heard of this but it was a decent thriller with a good cast. 7/10

Just put on Dirty Harry and will give it a 9/10

30 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I watched this (think I put it up on here) It’s a difficult watch. Disgusting that this happened then and still continues to happen now. I don’t know if you’ve watched the Passion of the Christ, but that’s a really good movie, but a lot more brutal and harder to watch than this.

yes I’ve watched that and it was hard hitting too.  The guy that played Jesus in that played the french reporter in this

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

yes I’ve watched that and it was hard hitting too.  The guy that played Jesus in that played the french reporter in this

Never even noticed that 👍

Ron Burgundy

Started watching The Beast, a Korean crime thriller but fell asleep. Not through boredom but tiredness. I was really enjoying it up until I nodded off.

Ron Burgundy
On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 22:43, 1971fozzy said:

True story

Watched it last night.

Truly awful. The subject not the film which is heart breaking.

How this still happens around the world today is an absolute travesty.

On 19/07/2020 at 23:04, Tommy Brown said:

2020 Parasite

2019 Green Book

2018 Shape of Water

2017 Moonlight

2016 Spotlight

2015 Birdman

I watched the film at the cinema in Sweden, it was subtitled. I prefer subtitles to dubbed films,  for some reason I get irritated when sound and mouth movement don't match.

JudyJudyJudy
On 24/07/2020 at 09:16, jim747 said:

I watched the film at the cinema in Sweden, it was subtitled. I prefer subtitles to dubbed films,  for some reason I get irritated when sound and mouth movement don't match.

I thought " Parasite" was terrific.  Great commentary on todays society .  Funny and savage at the same time. Well worth a watch.  I just cant seem to get excited about " The shape of water" but may try it.  " Moonlight" and " Birdman" were ok but nowt outstanding i feel apart from Emma Stone in " Birdman" who was very good.  Remember just because a film wins the " Best Film" Oscar it doesn't actually mean its the Best film of that year. After all  the dreadful " How green was my valley?" beat " Citizen Kane" to the Best film of 1941.  There are numerous examples of this.

John Findlay
30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I thought " Parasite" was terrific.  Great commentary on todays society .  Funny and savage at the same time. Well worth a watch.  I just cant seem to get excited about " The shape of water" but may try it.  " Moonlight" and " Birdman" were ok but nowt outstanding i feel apart from Emma Stone in " Birdman" who was very good.  Remember just because a film wins the " Best Film" Oscar it doesn't actually mean its the Best film of that year. After all  the dreadful " How green was my valley?" beat " Citizen Kane" to the Best film of 1941.  There are numerous examples of this.

Ordinary people, beating Raging Bull.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Ordinary people, beating Raging Bull.

OH yes ....awful decision. 

rudi must stay

Die Another Day

My thoughts have changed on this one. Classic bond and the villains are brilliant

7/10

rudi must stay

Mission Impossible Fallout

Everything there to be considered a cinematic great, same as the one in Dubai, certainly in my eyes anyway. I'm not one for heights after this film though. It's on netflix

10/10

Just watched a film from 2010 starring Samuel L. Jackson called unthinkable. Apparently created a controversy at the time due to the subject matter. That being how far do we go to get vital information out of terrorist subjects during interrogation.

The premise is that they have a terrorist in captivity. He has placed three nuclear devices in three separate US cities all of which are set to detonate at noon in 6 days time.

Samuel L. Jackson is what you might call a 'special' agent when it comes to interrogation. His methods are decidedly unconventional. I will give an example without being too much of a spoiler.

When he first approaches the subject no on else knows what he is about to do. He picks up an axe and chops a finger off the subject at which point everybody else goes ape shit.

Now that's him just getting warmed up  I wont give any further information on where it goes from there but I will say it does go down some very dark and questionable paths.

And the question the film appears to be asking is how far do we go in a democracy when it comes to extracting information. My own opinion is that it depends what the information is. If it's tell me where three nukes due to detonate in three cities are then anything goes.

Though in saying that as i said he ultimately went down a very dark and questionable path indeed which I can't speak of without being too much of a spoiler.

luckyBatistuta
On 28/07/2020 at 05:24, JFK-1 said:

Just watched a film from 2010 starring Samuel L. Jackson called unthinkable. Apparently created a controversy at the time due to the subject matter. That being how far do we go to get vital information out of terrorist subjects during interrogation.

The premise is that they have a terrorist in captivity. He has placed three nuclear devices in three separate US cities all of which are set to detonate at noon in 6 days time.

Samuel L. Jackson is what you might call a 'special' agent when it comes to interrogation. His methods are decidedly unconventional. I will give an example without being too much of a spoiler.

When he first approaches the subject no on else knows what he is about to do. He picks up an axe and chops a finger off the subject at which point everybody else goes ape shit.

Now that's him just getting warmed up  I wont give any further information on where it goes from there but I will say it does go down some very dark and questionable paths.

And the question the film appears to be asking is how far do we go in a democracy when it comes to extracting information. My own opinion is that it depends what the information is. If it's tell me where three nukes due to detonate in three cities are then anything goes.

Though in saying that as i said he ultimately went down a very dark and questionable path indeed which I can't speak of without being too much of a spoiler.

Seen it when it first came out, so can’t remember it all. If that threat was real, then I would be all in for anything that was able to acquire the information needed.

Icarus

8/10

Documentary on Netflix about the Russian state-sponsored doping scandal. The film-maker accidentally stumbles into Russia's mass cheating, spanning every sport under the sun, while making a film that was originally specifically about the benefits of using performance enhancing drugs in a cycling race. 

Tommy Brown

I posted this on the TV series thread.

A charming and innocent story of 3 young boys under 10 growing up in West Lothian in 1961 as Yuri Gagarin  orbits the earth.

The 3 boys were from West Calder and Pumpherston and do a great job for their age.

It was written by an ex pupil  of West  Calder High school that I knew.

He now adapts scripts for Foyle's War, Shetland, etc.

It was made in 89. I honestly believe you'll enjoy it.

Edit. Posted the wrong link above.

Shadow on the Earth below is my recommendation

Edited by Tommy Brown

scottishguy

Watched the Matrix last night and Matrix Revolution's. The fight scenes aged really badly. Amazing at the time though.

Just caught Anthony. BBC film written by Jimmy McGovern. About a young lad murdered in Liverpool and the life he would have led. Superb 

rudi must stay

Watched this again. Lot I missed first time, cracking watch. Still 10, should have won best film all day long 

10/10

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Went in expecting it to be shite based on the reviews I've seen but **** me I loved it. Absolutely class. 

Blade- watchable 6

Blade 2- may switch it off if the CGI doesn't improve. 2? Will return, when I'm finished. 

Blade Trinity -  not bad, not great, but not bad. 7

On 06/08/2020 at 16:37, AndyNic said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Went in expecting it to be shite based on the reviews I've seen but **** me I loved it. Absolutely class. 

It’s brilliant for me too. Watched it 3 times and it’s going on again some time soon. That Bruce Lee scene is class