The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Doctor Sleep 8/10

Very good sequel to The Shining. Ewan McGregor is excellent as the main character.

superb film. There’s a directors cut which is longer on Blu-ray which is even better if you get a chance though think it’s hard to get now

Tenaciousdandy

Watched most of tenet the other night, film is so up itself, background music isbto loud and can barely hear the actors lines, its one of these films you have to watch twice to really understand, but won't be watching it a second time

We watched freaky last night, a teenage girl swaps body with serial killer Vince Vaughan, basically freaky Friday with gore, was entertaining and Vaughan was good in the role, would recommend for a just sit and chill movie 

Edited by Dandyman79

16 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

superb film. There’s a directors cut which is longer on Blu-ray which is even better if you get a chance though think it’s hard to get now

Really enjoyed it. I certainly thought it did the old classic justice.

Green Book  .. 9/10

It's about a highly talented black musician going on a tour of the American deep south in the early 1960s, with an Italian American hardman as a driver and bodyguard.

Great acting, good story line, and numerous laughs.  Excellent entertainment.

Dolittle:  It's a mentally arduous watch, for the most part.  A family film, a kids film definitely.   It has comedy value, some entertainment if you have patience.   

I heard a review from R. Downey Jr (dolittle), he explained it was different, not greatly received by critiques.   So having been informed him and Michael Sheen were in it, I decided to watch it.   There was an interview about the dolittle character to be played as Welsh.   Sheen thought it was funny how he got a co-star role, considering he's Welsh and Downey had to get dubbed.   Was strange listening to him in the film.   

Anyway,  I give it 3/10   

I think there will be sequels, possibly be better.   Sometimes the first one sucks in a trilogy.   But you get the basic storyline at least, along with the characters.    

It won't be the best Christmas movie this year that's for certain.   I think sonic the hedgehog will take that place, unless there's another lego movie?  :11700:

Carl Fredrickson
7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Dolittle:  It's a mentally arduous watch, for the most part.  A family film, a kids film definitely.   It has comedy value, some entertainment if you have patience.   

I heard a review from R. Downey Jr (dolittle), he explained it was different, not greatly received by critiques.   So having been informed him and Michael Sheen were in it, I decided to watch it.   There was an interview about the dolittle character to be played as Welsh.   Sheen thought it was funny how he got a co-star role, considering he's Welsh and Downey had to get dubbed.   Was strange listening to him in the film.   

Anyway,  I give it 3/10   

I think there will be sequels, possibly be better.   Sometimes the first one sucks in a trilogy.   But you get the basic storyline at least, along with the characters.    

It won't be the best Christmas movie this year that's for certain.   I think sonic the hedgehog will take that place, unless there's another lego movie?  :11700:

I didnt enjoy Dolittle one bit but my two kids loved it. Sonic has a few laughs but again my kids loved it. 

Our Christmas day film will be Soul on Disney+ 

rudi must stay
On 09/12/2020 at 08:09, GinRummy said:

Thought it was really good as well. Very well made and the way they created such a sinister atmosphere really sucked you in.

Ye it's a good film. Hits form late on 

7/10

On 14/12/2020 at 18:05, ri Alban said:

It's a wonderful life. Absolutely magic. 10 out of 10 and then some. 

Totally agree. But won’t be on my telly until Christmas Eve 🎄🎄

The Hunt.

8/10

Much better than I expected, topical!

Blade Runner - Directors Cut.

4/10

Still the most over rated pish I've seen, the wife will agree with me eventually.

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Hunt.

8/10

Much better than I expected, topical!

Blade Runner - Directors Cut.

4/10

Still the most over rated pish I've seen, the wife will agree with me eventually.

Totally agree, and my wife for once agrees with me😁

Tenaciousdandy

Toys of terror, cheesy horror about a family that move into a new house and find a chest in the attic with possessed killer toys inside, pretty pish tbh, one of those films you cringe laugh at 3/10 

Jungle, Netflix, 8/10,   rather good acting from the Harry Potter star,🙂, that was last night.

commando, 1985, Arnie losing the plot big time, 6/10.

Tenaciousdandy
On 20/12/2020 at 08:26, Harry Potter said:

Jungle, Netflix, 8/10,   rather good acting from the Harry Potter star,🙂, that was last night.

commando, 1985, Arnie losing the plot big time, 6/10.

Very good film, had to do a Google search afterwards to see if could find out about 2 of the characters at the end but nothing 

Ad Astra

6/10
Sci-fi with Brad Pitt shipped off to Neptune to investigate mysterious energy surges that are messing things up on Earth. Decent but too much left unexplained in the end. 

Was off today so watched a couple of films

Flash Gordon - been absolutely years since I saw this and it has the worst script, acting and storyline , but I just love it. Brilliant stuff and a right trip down memory lane. Looked great in 4K

Collateral - One of my favourites. Tom Cruise playing a hitman and Jamie Foxx is the poor cabby that gets caught up in it. A Michael Mann film that’s fantastic 

Tenaciousdandy

Having a violent superhero night, watched deadpool now on kick ass, absolutely love both the films

Deadpool probably one of the best action comedy movies ever made and kick ass is just brilliant 

luckyBatistuta
54 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Having a violent superhero night, watched deadpool now on kick ass, absolutely love both the films

Deadpool probably one of the best action comedy movies ever made and kick ass is just brilliant 

Just finished watching KickAss again. Great film, absolutely hilarious. Never tire of watching Hit Girl taking out every single bad guy on the screen in every way imaginable.

Tenaciousdandy
48 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just finished watching KickAss again. Great film, absolutely hilarious. Never tire of watching Hit Girl taking out every single bad guy on the screen in every way imaginable.

Yeah chloe grace moretz is brilliant as hit girl, got the second one on now,  not anywhere near as good as the first but still entertaining 

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah chloe grace moretz is brilliant as hit girl, got the second one on now,  not anywhere near as good as the first but still entertaining 

The second one is good but didn’t come as such a shock as the first one. And Night Bitch is in it which is good by me. 

Honest Thief (cinema HD)

Liam Neeson does another Taken type role. Bank robber wanting to turn himself in, gets embroiled with a couple of dodgy feds.

Enjoyable nonsense. Only 1hr 38.

luckyBatistuta
12 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

The second one is good but didn’t come as such a shock as the first one. And Night Bitch is in it which is good by me. 

KickAss 2 tonight. I know I’ve seen it before, but can’t really remember much about it, so that’s a bonus. Just hope it’s not a case of I thought it was that bad, I had erased it from my memory.

Tenaciousdandy
15 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

KickAss 2 tonight. I know I’ve seen it before, but can’t really remember much about it, so that’s a bonus. Just hope it’s not a case of I thought it was that bad, I had erased it from my memory.

It's watchable, nowhere near as good as the first one but not many sequels are

I put on the second Mechanic film with Jason Statham.  Switched off after he managed to escape being shot by climbing onto the roof of a cable car and jumping onto a passing para-glider.

I got what I deserved.

Tenaciousdandy
44 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I put on the second Mechanic film with Jason Statham.  Switched off after he managed to escape being shot by climbing onto the roof of a cable car and jumping onto a passing para-glider.

I got what I deserved.

All his films are ott, watched the Meg with the kid the other night, had seen a poor copy when it was first released, was entertaining enough, but seriously cheesy 

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I got what I deserved.

He was just using the skills he learned as a commonwealth standard diver

Edited by milky_26

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

It's watchable, nowhere near as good as the first one but not many sequels are

Terminator being one of the few exceptions 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I got what I deserved.

I love Jason Statham films, but I turned that off too. There was something about the look of the way that it had been filmed that irritated me. Statham films are always way over the top, but that’s what he’s known for. Crank is one of my favourite films, love it.

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

All his films are ott, watched the Meg with the kid the other night, had seen a poor copy when it was first released, was entertaining enough, but seriously cheesy 

As it should be, pure Statham entertainment 😁

Tenaciousdandy
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Terminator being one of the few exceptions 

I love Jason Statham films, but I turned that off too. There was something about the look of the way that it had been filmed that irritated me. Statham films are always way over the top, but that’s what he’s known for. Crank is one of my favourite films, love it.

As it should be, pure Statham entertainment 😁

Terminator 2 is an absolutely incredible movie that surpassed the original in every way and the original was great also 

Crank 1 and 2 are absolutely absolutely mental

I prefer Scott adkins movies to Statham altho I don't mind them 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Terminator 2 is an absolutely incredible movie that surpassed the original in every way and the original was great also 

Crank 1 and 2 are absolutely absolutely mental

I prefer Scott adkins movies to Statham altho I don't mind them 

Pure over the top madness, but hilarious. I’ll still be laughing at them when I’m sitting with a blanket in an old folks home.

I’ve never watched any of his films🤷🏼‍♂️

The Highwaymen

9/19.

It's about the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde, I've seen it a couple of times before but still love it.

37 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Highwaymen

9/19.

It's about the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde, I've seen it a couple of times before but still love it.

You’d think if you liked it that much you would have given it more than 9/19? 

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You’d think if you liked it that much you would have given it more than 9/19? 

Ah ****.....see this beer😅😅😅

9/10!!!

The Evil Dead.

9/10, still a classic after all these years, I first saw it as a "Pirate Video" (remember them?!) when I was at school.

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

For some bizarre reason I started watching Battleship as it’s on ITV4. Somehow I’d managed to forget what an utter turd it is. 

What out of 19 would you give it?!