The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

John Findlay

Watched 1917 on DVD yesterday, very good film but, I thought both Dunkirk and Midway were better. 

Very good performance from the actor that plays Lance Corporal Schofield.

The cameos from Daniel May's, Mark Strong(very distinctive voice), Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Richard Madden. I thought it got a bit arty farty in the middle. 8/10 from me.

The Future's Maroon

Life (Ryan Reynolds)....thought it was good (2nd time watching it)

Shanks said no
On 24/05/2020 at 10:24, AndyNic said:

The Wrong Missy on Netflix.

What utter shite. 4/10. And that's being generous.

I gave up on it and left Mrs to watch it, she appeared to be enjoying it.

On 24/05/2020 at 11:31, Furious Styles said:

21 bridges 6.5/10

decent. Passed the time. 

Generous, pretty obvious and unrealistic. I stayed the course but only a 5/10 for me.

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

The orphan on Netflix.

Decent horror with a good twist at the end.

7/10

Didn't realise I had seen it before about 10 years ago, until I made the same inappropriate remark as I had made the  first time when the twist came. Wife pulled me up again.

6.5/10

luckyBatistuta

Just watched...The Stoning of Soraya M (from the makers of Passion of the Christ)

The scum that walk this Earth, ####ing disgusting😞😞😞

Edited by luckyBatistuta

14 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just watched...The Stoning of Soraya M (from the makers of Passion of the Christ)

The scum that walk this Earth, ####ing disgusting😞😞😞

Watched this the other week. Grim. These backwards ****s really are living in the stone age. (pardon the pun)

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Watched this the other week. Grim. These backwards ****s really are living in the stone age. (pardon the pun)

I’m glad I watched it, but found it quite disturbing. I already knew about this happening and the fact it still continues today, but still found my anger building watching it. When will these people ever move on from these barbaric activities😞

Maple Leaf

I watched three movies over the weekend. That's the first time I've had the time to do that in years, thanks to social isolation.

Joker:  great performance by Jaoquin Phoenix, but a film about mental illness and the associated violence is not my cup of tea. Quite disturbing, tbh.

Parasite: won best picture at this year's Oscars.  It's described as a black comedy thriller.  Well, there weren't many laughs, and lots of violence, and the sub-titles made it a distraction, so thumbs-down from me.

Layer Cake: this is an oldie that I somehow missed before.  Worth a watch if you like twists and turns and extreme violence.  Daniel Craig plays quite a different role from his James Bond persona. 

Jarhead - 6/10. Not as good as I was hoping but worth watching.

Freaks of Nature - 8/10. Good laugh in the "B Movie" style.

Dagger Is Back

Richard Jewell 9/10

I like Clint Eastwood as a Director. Gran Torino is a big favourite

The power of the media eh? Poor fella

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

The Princess Bride. Watched it on a whim tonight. I’d forgotten what good fun it is. 

Inconceivable!

Tommy Brown
On 03/06/2020 at 20:55, Dawnrazor said:

Jarhead - 6/10. Not as good as I was hoping but worth watching.

Freaks of Nature - 8/10. Good laugh in the "B Movie" style.

Thought them of Jarhead, too.

Way overated. (1917 also imo)

I would recommend Kajaki.

Shanks said no

8/10

Very good with some astounding scenes but fell just short IMHO. Can't quite put my finger on what didn't hit the mark. Had been looking forward to it for ages.

The Gentlemen

9/10

Loved it and will watch again very soon. Guy Ritchie comes up with the goods again but one aspect blew me away. HUGH GRANT. At first I thought he was trying to be Michael Caine but his character acting was superb. Unfortunately the filter will not let me list some of his lines.

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

8/10

Very good with some astounding scenes but fell just short IMHO. Can't quite put my finger on what didn't hit the mark. Had been looking forward to it for ages.

The Gentlemen

9/10

Loved it and will watch again very soon. Guy Ritchie comes up with the goods again but one aspect blew me away. HUGH GRANT. At first I thought he was trying to be Michael Caine but his character acting was superb. Unfortunately the filter will not let me list some of his lines.

Hugh Grant is an actor that I have grown to really like. Paddington 2 he steals the show and as you say,  he is superb in The Gentleman. Makes me wonder why he did so many romcoms when he is so much better than them. Probably down to money or happy earning an easy buck but he has impressed me in more recent films.

Watched Malifecent and the sequal with the kids over the weekend and I enjoyed them far more than a 50 year old should. 

Prince Buaben

Watched a few over last few days

Wrong Missy 5/10 - Typical happy Madison type film

Do Overs 6/10 - same as above but at least it had Adam Sandler in this one

Maleficint 2 - 7.5/10 enjoyed it. Better than the first

The dead dont die 2/10 - Absolute tripe. Had quite a cast in it. I read ahout it after and it was up for nominations at cannes etc.

On 17/02/2020 at 14:52, Tazio said:

I’ve just watched Hitting The Apex a documentary about MotoGP racing. Very well made with some great footage and access to the riders featured. There is a very moving segment about Marco Simoncelli but I have to say I was a bit shocked that they actually showed his fatal crash and the camera shots of him lying dead on the track after his helmet had been ripped off in the impact. I remember how shocked I was watching it live and didn’t feel any need to ever see it again. 

I just watched this today after reading this Taz. Started watching Moto GP about 4 years ago. Well worth the watch though that scene was awful. I love Rossi wish I'd taken an interest when he was winning.

Edited by Jamhammer

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I just watched this today after reading this Taz. Started watching Moto GP about 4 years ago. Well worth the watch though that scene was awful. I love Rossi wish I'd taken an interest when he was winning.

Rossi is on of my favourites in any sport. One of the reason he as so great to watch is that he never been a great qualifier so you always got to watch him in attack mode from the very start of a race.  I remember he used to occasionally give mates a ride around the track when he won races so they banned it happening. The next race he won a guy ran out of the crowd dressed as a chicken and got a lift, Rossi’s reasoning was that they’d only banned people and not animals. 

chester copperpot
On 24/05/2020 at 10:24, AndyNic said:

The Wrong Missy on Netflix.

What utter shite. 4/10. And that's being generous.

Think you're being rather generous with that score.

Sandler and his cronies were maybe funny 25yrs ago but it's now sad and tired. I know Sandler isn't actually in it but his production company produced it 

David Spade gets on my tits too

rudi must stay

Just Mercy

Very good

7/10

Lighthouse

Didn't get it. Really slow

5/10

Peanut Butter Falcon

Upbeat and excellent film. Genuinely very moving

8/10

rudi must stay
On 08/06/2020 at 09:23, Carl Fredrickson said:

Hugh Grant is an actor that I have grown to really like. Paddington 2 he steals the show and as you say,  he is superb in The Gentleman. Makes me wonder why he did so many romcoms when he is so much better than them. Probably down to money or happy earning an easy buck but he has impressed me in more recent films.

Watched Malifecent and the sequal with the kids over the weekend and I enjoyed them far more than a 50 year old should. 

He says to quote him 

"He tried to avoid acting"

:D

20 hours ago, Tazio said:

Rossi is on of my favourites in any sport. One of the reason he as so great to watch is that he never been a great qualifier so you always got to watch him in attack mode from the very start of a race.  I remember he used to occasionally give mates a ride around the track when he won races so they banned it happening. The next race he won a guy ran out of the crowd dressed as a chicken and got a lift, Rossi’s reasoning was that they’d only banned people and not animals. 

Brilliant. The bit in the film when he was being interviewed and they asked him what he thought as he was sliding towards the wall after crashing. His response, “****”!

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He says to quote him 

"He tried to avoid acting"

:D

😄 Easy money for him I suppose.  

Battle Royale (2000) 

Havent watched this in years but it's still brilliant. Time has lessened the shock impact, however it still packs a (bloody) punch and is told with a wry sense of humour. Absolutely recommended. 

8/10

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Vansen said:

Battle Royale (2000) 

Havent watched this in years but it's still brilliant. Time has lessened the shock impact, however it still packs a (bloody) punch and is told with a wry sense of humour. Absolutely recommended. 

8/10

A cracking movie, haven’t seen it for years either.

rudi must stay

Lion

Couldn't give you a detailed score, on in the backround. But this seemed pretty good with a good performance by Dev Patel

7/10

On 08/06/2020 at 10:05, Prince Buaben said:

Watched a few over last few days

Wrong Missy 5/10 - Typical happy Madison type film

Do Overs 6/10 - same as above but at least it had Adam Sandler in this one

Maleficint 2 - 7.5/10 enjoyed it. Better than the first

The dead dont die 2/10 - Absolute tripe. Had quite a cast in it. I read ahout it after and it was up for nominations at cannes etc.

Agree with Maleficint and Dead Don't Die.

The Last American Crime (Netflix)

Utter Tripe 1/10

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Vox Lux

10 all the way. Give it a shot on Netflix

10/10

Putting this on now solely on your recommendation. I havent heard of it and have no idea what it is about. 

rudi must stay
18 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Putting this on now solely on your recommendation. I havent heard of it and have no idea what it is about. 

Thoughts?

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Thoughts?

Brilliant start but felt it fell away. Well worth a watch though. 

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Brilliant start but felt it fell away. Well worth a watch though. 

Spoiler

Yes I didn't like the ending that much. I've not seen such a fresh and original film in ages 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes I didn't like the ending that much. I've not seen such a fresh and original film in ages 

The opening ten minutes were fantastic. The production was great too. Even the old style credits at the start were quirky. I have watched a lot worse, I enjoyed this but doubt I would watch it again. 

Carl Fredrickson

Artemis Fowl. 

Having seen trailers for this for months my kids and I were looking forward to this. 

I thought it was crap. My son said he wanted to like it but didnt. My daughter loved it. 

Very disappointed in it as the acting wasnt great, storyline was poor but lots of colour and at times action. 

DA 5 BLOODS

Spike Lee's latest film on Netflix is about 4 African American war vets going back to Vietnam to find buried gold they left and remember their fallen comrade.

Has a great premise for a film but it's one of the worst films I've seen on Netflix (some Turkey's in there)

Does have some interesting points on Black history but the film is poorly edited and the score just doesn't work.

2.5 hours long

2/10 defo avoid 

Tommy Brown
On 03/06/2020 at 20:55, Dawnrazor said:

Double post, why can't I delete this?

Using android phone

Edited by Tommy Brown

luckyBatistuta

I’ve always loved the movie Raid. 

Just finished watching Raid 2, fantastic film, that kitchen fight scene 🙀🙀🙀

Two brilliant films, definitely recommend them

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not the greatest tv show but some of the Gareth Evans directed fight scenes in gangs of London are tremendous. 
I really enjoy his style. 

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Not the greatest tv show but some of the Gareth Evans directed fight scenes in gangs of London are tremendous. 
I really enjoy his style. 

Not watched it👍

51 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

brilliant films. Utterly mental but absolutely tremendous. Loved them. In fact I’ll watch them tonight as it’s been too long.