The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Jumanji : The Next Level.

8/10.

Really liked it, better than the first one, Danny Devito was brillant and Karen Gillen........   well just Karen Gillan❤❤❤❤

Great film for kids on lockdown.

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Stanley Tucci never fails to impress in anything ! 

Particularly The Terminal

What a performance. Camera on him and Hanks all the time, top acting  

rudi must stay

Call Me By Your Name

Energetic and exciting with a great soundtrack. Not without its flaws and quite arty but for people after something different who like new talent (Timothy Chalamat, very talent actor) I recommend it 

7/10

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, Vansen said:

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Must be the 5th time I've seen it and it's still as thrilling as the 1st time I watched it. I always thought Die Hard would never be beaten as the best action film of all time but this film is right up there (IMO). 

10/10

What a film yes. Love the inclusion of Henry Cavill 

rudi must stay

Revolutionary Road

Another gem from Sam Mendes. Brilliant film, these films make you think, although it's not up there with American Beauty and Road To Perdition (quite)

8/10

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Call Me By Your Name

Energetic and exciting with a great soundtrack. Not without its flaws and quite arty but for people after something different who like new talent (Timothy Chalamat, very talent actor) I recommend it 

7/10

Yes this is a great film . It also really caught the early 1980s vibe and the romance between the two leads was so realistic . The scenery was incredible too 

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He was hysterical  in “ the devil wears Prada “ 

Dagger Is Back

1917 - 9/10

Really enjoyed it and the way it was shot. Watching films like this always make me angry at how mankind has this capability to press the self destruct button. What a bloody generation. Folks of all nationalities, creeds and religions marching into war and almost certain death.

Heartbreaking 

rudi must stay

Underwater

Always have my guard down for ones like this. Independent films that get that look right, they are usually worth a watch. And while this is scary it is an excellent film too with a number of great performances. Vincent Cassel in there too, what an underused actor. Lot of horror fans on JKB I've noticed. Give it a go

8/10

Dagger Is Back

Midway 10/10

Typical Emmerich offering in terms of action, big scenes and special effects

Time flew by watching it. 

On 09/04/2020 at 14:55, Vansen said:

The Long Kiss Goodnight 

Geena Davis action flick from 96. Been wanting to watch this again for a while. Not brilliant, not bad, above average. 

6.5/10

When I managed the Spar at Longstone, it was one of the more popular films that got rented.

On 13/04/2020 at 23:31, rudi must stay said:

The Terminal is a very good film. 

On 16/04/2020 at 04:11, rudi must stay said:

Underwater

Always have my guard down for ones like this. Independent films that get that look right, they are usually worth a watch. And while this is scary it is an excellent film too with a number of great performances. Vincent Cassel in there too, what an underused actor. Lot of horror fans on JKB I've noticed. Give it a go

8/10

Saw this at the cinema and really enjoyed it, it was short, sharp and got straight into the story, no waffling. Kristen Stewart gets a lot of flack but I think she was fine in this. Vincent Cassell is an excellent actor, I think I first saw him in the brilliant 'Crimson Rivers' with Jean Reno. Gonna have to watch that again :)

Fantasy Island

Recent version. Now, I enjoyed this while I watched it but I was aware that it was nonsense and near the end felt like it made absolutely no sense at all. I may have enjoyed it more cos Michael Pena is in it and I like him as an actor. 

Enjoyment factor & Michael Pena 7/10

Overall story & script 4.5/10

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

The Terminal is a very good film. 

Did you know they actually build an airport for it?

But I agree, technically marvellous 

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Midway 10/10

Typical Emmerich offering in terms of action, big scenes and special effects

Time flew by watching it. 

Watched this the other day with the family. We all really enjoyed it. Wouldn’t give it as high a score as that though, maybe an 8. Thought ‘Bjorn’ might have got a bigger part in the movie😞

luckyBatistuta

Eye In The Sky

Watched it for the second time, still a very good watch, would definitely recommend it.

On 16/04/2020 at 04:11, rudi must stay said:

Underwater

8/10

Thought it was decent film and you are spot on about Vincent Cassel.

I read it cost 65 million and only made 35 million so goes down as a bomb unfortunately.

5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Eye In The Sky

Watched it for the second time, still a very good watch, would definitely recommend it.

It’s proper tense innit?

12 hours ago, Vansen said:

Fantasy Island

Recent version. Now, I enjoyed this while I watched it but I was aware that it was nonsense and near the end felt like it made absolutely no sense at all. I may have enjoyed it more cos Michael Pena is in it and I like him as an actor. 

Enjoyment factor & Michael Pena 7/10

Overall story & script 4.5/10

I'll go with your 4.5 for the film.

Terrible film

The Crimson Rivers

Watched this again and just as good as I remember. Jean Reno and Vincent Cassell are 2 french cops investigating 2 very different crimes and are eventually brought together to solve a series of brutal murders and uncover a dark secret at the heart of an elite university in the mountains. 

8/10

I Saw The Devil

This Korean dark masterpiece of revenge is twisted, demented, drenched in blood but also sad and thought provoking. I love it. A modern classic. 

Fun for all the family 😄 

10/10

Shanks said no

Yesterday

Yes its Curtis and Boyle and it is a soft watch but we all liked it. What if the Beatles never existed? Well apart from in one singer/songwriters memory. Really liked Ed Sheeran cameo (John the Baptist). If you are looking for an uplifting film give it a go.

8/10

Dagger Is Back

Terminator Dark Fate - 8/10

Same old but I've loved the Terminator films since that very first one. Take your brain out, when you're in that mood, sit back and watch the action  

I watched both of the new Jumanji films over the last couple of days. Decent brain off fun and Karen Gillan’s contribution is particularly pleasing. 

Night Hunter

Netflix serial killer film with Henry Cavill and Ben Kingsley. Shades of Primal Fear and Seven without the cleverness of either. Not great but not terrible. 

6.5/10

JudyJudyJudy

" The Invisible man".. A modern re interpretation of the classic film. Its really good.  Exciting , tense and violent t at times and brilliantly acted by a good cast especially Elisabeth Moss ( shes great in anything).  Terrific.  9/10 

Edited by JamesM48
spelling error

luckyBatistuta
On 18/04/2020 at 16:59, Vansen said:

I Saw The Devil

This Korean dark masterpiece of revenge is twisted, demented, drenched in blood but also sad and thought provoking. I love it. A modern classic. 

Fun for all the family 😄 

10/10

A cracking movie, loads of good Korean movies out there. Pandora, Train to Busan, Brotherhood of War (TaeGukGi), Old Boy are all excellent movies too.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

A cracking movie, loads of good Korean movies out there. Pandora, Train to Busan, Brotherhood of War (TaeGukGi), Old Boy are all excellent movies too.

Yes! Korea produces some quality films. Shiri, Lady Vengeance, The Wailing, R-Point. 

luckyBatistuta
21 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Yes! Korea produces some quality films. Shiri, Lady Vengeance, The Wailing, R-Point. 

Not seen any of those👏👍

Rise Of The Skywalker. 
I enjoyed it, I’m sure the Star Wars geeks will pick up on a few things but for me it was good as they managed to reign back the annoying cute furry animals thing that always annoyed me in the older ones and make it a bit darker. 
oh, and it’s for rent on Amazon Prime now for £4.49. 

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Rise Of The Skywalker. 
I enjoyed it, I’m sure the Star Wars geeks will pick up on a few things but for me it was good as they managed to reign back the annoying cute furry animals thing that always annoyed me in the older ones and make it a bit darker. 

watched it last night and enjoyed it for what it is.

Peanut butter falcon

Funny warm emotional film about a man with Down syndrome who escapes the care home he is placed in to become a wrestler.

On his travels he encounters Shia LaBeouf who is on the run.

Great buddy movie with some real laugh out loud moments.

8.5/10

Fluorescent Adolescent

Us.

Horror/Thriller/Psychological suspense movie which fans of ‘get out’ will appreciate. I thought the performances of the main characters were excellent and the storyline was a bit different from ‘the norm’.

If this is your usual genre of choice I’d give it a go.

7.5/10

On 22/04/2020 at 00:05, Tazio said:

Rise Of The Skywalker. 

"The Ewoks capture Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke and the droids in a trap, and take them back to the village. As Ewoks are a carnivorous race that considers humanoid flesh a delicacy, they prepare fires in anticipation of eating Han, Luke and Chewbacca to absorb their power"

they ain't that cute!

😛

Disser Pointon

Revisited a few I've seen before. 

Road to Perdition - 8/10

Gladiator - 9/10

Unforgiven - 9/10

Bourne Trilogy - 7/10

I am Legend- 6.5/10

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Revisited a few I've seen before. 

Road to Perdition - 8/10

Gladiator - 9/10

Unforgiven - 9/10

Bourne Trilogy - 7/10

I am Legend- 6.5/10

All really good films, but Road to Perdition would be my favourite of those

JudyJudyJudy

Ive been mostly in the house for the last 4 weeks but now going out for a walk.  Went out for walk yesterday for an hour and was absolutely knackered by the time i got home.  It is concerning what the lockdown is doing not only to peoples mental health but their physical  health. Healthy body means a healthy mental health.  God knows how people will manage when the lockdown becomes less restrictive. Im betting tons of physical problems as well as mental. 

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Ive been mostly in the house for the last 4 weeks but now going out for a walk.  Went out for walk yesterday for an hour and was absolutely knackered by the time i got home.  It is concerning what the lockdown is doing not only to peoples mental health but their physical  health. Healthy body means a healthy mental health.  God knows how people will manage when the lockdown becomes less restrictive. Im betting tons of physical problems as well as mental. 

What film is this? 
sounds shite to be honest. 

7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

wrong thread mate ? Or a really crap movie

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

What film is this? 
sounds shite to be honest. 

Oh I put it on the wrong posting lol yeah sounds pretty. Crap really lol 

The Thing Double Bill

The Thing 2011

Prequel to John Carpenter's classic remake. Not as good, but a decent, well made horror and a great mid credits scene that ties up this film to the start of the Carpenter film. A lot of people dont like this but I do. 7/10.

The Thing 1982

Classic Kurt Russell horror with over the top old school creature gore, a claustrophobic, paranoid script and an ambiguous ending. Is childs or Macready The Thing at the end?! Brilliant. 9/10.