The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 21/04/2020 at 15:59, Vansen said:

Night Hunter

Netflix serial killer film with Henry Cavill and Ben Kingsley. Shades of Primal Fear and Seven without the cleverness of either. Not great but not terrible. 

6.5/10

Agreed. Some really good actors in this film so was expecting a lot but was disappointed. Also starred Stanley Tucci who has been mentioned on here and agree that he is a great actor, but thought he criminally underused in this film.

8 minutes ago, David Bennett said:

Agreed. Some really good actors in this film so was expecting a lot but was disappointed. Also starred Stanley Tucci who has been mentioned on here and agree that he is a great actor, but thought he criminally underused in this film.

Yeah! I was pleased to see him in it but it was quite  a minor role. Agree about Gone, Girl, really good film and Ben Affleck is good as always. 

Watched 2 films today:

The Titan with Sam Worthington. Looked a good premise for a film but it dragged on and plot was poor.

4/10

Bad Batch. Starred Keanu Reeves, Jim Carrey and Jason Mamoa so thought it would be good. Absolute tosh.

2/10

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, David Bennett said:

Watched 2 films today:

The Titan with Sam Worthington. Looked a good premise for a film but it dragged on and plot was poor.

4/10

Bad Batch. Starred Keanu Reeves, Jim Carrey and Jason Mamoa so thought it would be good. Absolute tosh.

2/10

I liked the Titan but yes you need your imagination for it to say the least 

luckyBatistuta

Us

Yesterday a guy on the BBC website gave his top 10 horror films. One of them was Us, so I decided to give it a watch. Honestly, please don’t watch it, what a load of garbage. It wasn’t scary and the story is just laughable. 

1/10...and I’m being kind

What shocked me most, was the fact that Elisabeth Moss had agreed to be in this movie, as she is a great actress and i have no idea what she was thinking taking on this role.

Terrible

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Us

Yesterday a guy on the BBC website gave his top 10 horror films. One of them was Us, so I decided to give it a watch. Honestly, please don’t watch it, what a load of garbage. It wasn’t scary and the story is just laughable. 

What shocked me most, was the fact that Elisabeth Moss had agreed to be in this movie, as she is a great actress and i have no idea what she was thinking taking on this role.

Terrible

Thought it was alright although I had figured out the twist within 20 minutes.

18 hours ago, David Bennett said:

Gone Girl starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pyke. Few years old but I really enjoyed it.

7.5/10

really good film. And she is rather lovely

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

With you on that one 😍

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Thought it was alright although I had figured out the twist within 20 minutes.

I was more likely to die of boredom than fright watching that pile of dross.The acting as well by the lead female as her double...oh dear 😖  You’re meant to be frightened by her, but I was actually sitting laughing in disbelief that I was continuing to watch this guff.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I was more likely to die of boredom than fright watching that pile of dross.The acting as well by the lead female as her double...oh dear 😖  You’re meant to be frightened by her, but I was actually sitting laughing in disbelief that I was continuing to watch this guff.

Aye I never really found it scary but more a bit tense.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Agreed about Rosamund. Another Ben Affleck film I watched recently was The Town (few years old) and enjoyed it. Apparently based on real events which is surprising given how wild the plot is.

8/10.

Watched Gerald's Game today, based on Stephen King novel. Weird, but plot has lots of twists and turns which keep you thinking.

7/10.

In the situation of there being no live sport I’m quite happy that I’ve discovered Slap Shot is on Amazon Prime to rent for £3.49. 

On 29/04/2020 at 04:13, luckyBatistuta said:

Us

Terrible

I thought it was good. 7/10.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I thought it was good. 7/10.

I must be getting hard to please during this lockdown. I have thought that most of the films I’ve watched the last few weeks have been garbage. Yesterday I decided to watch a comedy to cheer me up. I watched a film called...

Jexi... it’s about a guy who’s life is ruled by his phone. After getting a new one which has a Siri type helper called Jexi his life is changed forever (that’s all I’ll say) 

Another rubbish film imo. 

3/10...because I did laugh a few times

EagleJambo

The Invitation (Netflix). Horror / thriller which took a while to get going but builds the tension well and keeps you thinking.

7/10.

Seaside jambo

Just watched extracted was ok ,excuse me don’t know the guys name who stared he was Thor ! 
plenty blood n action 

7/10 

The Poughkeepsie Tapes

2007 mockumentary horror about a prolific serial killer, the tapes he made showing torture, humiliation and dismemberment and the attempts of law enforcement to catch him.

Now, I really enjoyed this, It's low budget but well constructed and tells a fictional tale which I thought kept fairly well to reality.

However, if you are expecting a slasher type horror with jump scares and gore you will be disappointed.

7/10

rudi must stay

Jackie Brown

A film that does the job. Not bad at all. Good music and good acting 

7/10

luckyBatistuta
21 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

****ing tremendous film. 

Yipee, can’t wait now...will report back, cheers👍

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yipee, can’t wait now...will report back, cheers👍

The scene with the sack! The piano wire 😱

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Vansen said:

The scene with the sack! The piano wire 😱

Eh, wtf!!!…I’ve not watched it yet

I was bored so watched the latest version of Elm Street last night. After a promising start I was left disappointed. Jackie Earl Haley didn't do Robert Englunds character any justice what-so-ever. I'll give it 4/10. 

Judge Fudge

Seoul Station

An animated prequel of Train To Busan, and well worth a watch if you enjoyed that movie.  7/10

luckyBatistuta
23 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

****ing tremendous film. 

No joy so far with the Audition movie. I’ve tried my Amazon, Netflix, CinemaHD and Plex😞

Just going to watch it on YouTube

39 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No joy so far with the Audition movie. I’ve tried my Amazon, Netflix, CinemaHD and Plex😞

Just going to watch it on YouTube

It’s on iTunes to rent for about £3. 

William H. Bonney
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

£1.99 on Amazon 

Dawnrazor
7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Jumanji The Next Level

Just don’t bother. Utter tripe

I liked it😥

luckyBatistuta
55 minutes ago, Tazio said:

37 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

£1.99 on Amazon 

Found it on Amazon, but I’m a tight erse😁

Cheers guys👍

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Found it on Amazon, but I’m a tight erse😁

Cheers guys👍

FFS you charge more than to take the handbrake off in your taxi!! 😀

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

FFS you charge more than to take the handbrake off in your taxi!! 😀

:lol: I’ve got to get someone in my taxi first 😞😞😞

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

I liked it😥

Maybe it's because I enjoyed the first one and that I'm a big Williams fan. Second one was OK but just couldn't get last night. The wife and daughter chortled their way through the whole film mind you

Probably just me!

luckyBatistuta
31 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Maybe it's because I enjoyed the first one and that I'm a big Williams fan. Second one was OK but just couldn't get last night. The wife and daughter chortled their way through the whole film mind you

Probably just me!

Not just you. I enjoyed it, but found myself slightly disappointed. That was pretty much guaranteed really, as the first one was so good.

Unknown user

The Beastie Boys Story 9/10

Really, really good, very human and very intimate considering it's just 2 guys on a stage. They did a great job, I came away feeling happy I'd just caught up properly with old friends and moved by the massive void felt by Yauch's absence. They started as clueless brats and grew both creatively and as people, a great story.

If you're a fan you'll love it, but my Mrs isnt a fan and she loved it too.

Geostorm

Utterly ridiculous action film set mostly in space with Gerard Butler saving the planet. Kind of reminded me of an updated Moonraker. 

Still, it had the good grace not to take itself seriously and I like Gerard Butler.

6/10

Edited by Vansen

Dawnrazor

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

What a load o' shite🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

JimmyCant
On 17/04/2020 at 17:37, luckyBatistuta said:

Eye In The Sky

Watched it for the second time, still a very good watch, would definitely recommend it.

Great Post. Rickman and Mirren are superb in this. I’ve seen it 3 or 4 times now . Brilliant film

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Great Post. Rickman and Mirren are superb in this. I’ve seen it 3 or 4 times now . Brilliant film

It really is a well made film. Even though I had already seen it, I was still like...

6F0CD405-2199-4640-8A13-3406F312DF96.gif

Unknown user
On 18/04/2020 at 11:26, Ritchez said:

What We Do in the Shadows

10/10 brilliant.

I love FOTC but I just couldn't get into this. A lot of people I normally agree with love it though, maybe I should try again. 

John Findlay
16 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

What a load o' shite🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

A man after my own heart

scott herbertson

It won't be to everyone's taste, and is very slow moving at first but I really enjoyed The Arrival of Wang (SF genre) a few years back, I see its on Amazon Prime now so might watch it again.

NO SPOILERS please from anyone who has watched it! I'd recommend anyone considering watching it not to read about it as it has an unusual plot.

https://www.amazon.com/Arrival-Wang-Ennio-Fastastichini/dp/B01N2R0IV4

Amazon Prime Triple Bill

The Borderlands (2013) 

Horror set in an English Parish where spooky goings on are investigated by Vatican investigators. Had its moments  but not great. 5/10

Haunt (2013)

Two teens unleash ghostly forces in a creepy murder house using a machine that contacts the dead via EVP. Started strongly and had a pleasing unhappy ending. Not bad but not great. 5.5/10

The House With A Clock In Its Walls (2018)

Eli Roth directed kids film featuring Cate Blanchett head butting a demonic pumpkin, Jack Blacks head on a baby's body, warlocks, witches, blood magic and necromancy. Much, much better than I expected and a decent feel good movie. Recommended. 7.5/10

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Amazon Prime Triple Bill

The Borderlands (2013) 

Horror set in an English Parish where spooky goings on are investigated by Vatican investigators. Had its moments  but not great. 5/10

That ending though! Stayed with me for a few days. I love horror films that have that impact. 

11 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

That ending though! Stayed with me for a few days. I love horror films that have that impact. 

Yeah It was pretty claustrophobic at the end and then...it just stopped! It was a good idea, reminded me a little of As Above, So Below, and the Parish church setting was unusual. 

Evidence (2013)

Billed as terrifying, chilling, petrifying and spine tingling, this found footage horror about detectives investigating a massacre successfully managed to be boring, dull and an absolute shit sandwich. Do not watch! 1/10