The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

I'm watching Notting hill, I'm quite enjoying it. Don't think I've ever seen it. What's the other one with Hugh Grant? 

Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm watching Notting hill, I'm quite enjoying it. Don't think I've ever seen it. What's the other one with Hugh Grant? 

Four Weddings and  Funeral? Love Actually? Or his finest role, Paddington 2?

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Four Weddings and  Funeral? Love Actually? Or his finest role, Paddington 2?

4 weddings. His finest hour is the gentleman. :D

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, ri Alban said:

4 weddings. His finest hour is the gentleman. :D

He was great in the Gentleman but better on Paddington 2. I am not trolling by saying that.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

He was great in the Gentleman but better on Paddington 2. I am not trolling by saying that.

Very good in About A Boy. 👍 

Carl Fredrickson
On 12/08/2022 at 14:53, Muppetboy said:

Thirteen lives. Based on the Thai football team who got trapped in a cave. Thoroughly enjoyed it and so fascinating and suspenseful with Colin Farrell and viggo mortensen 

Watching it just now. Despite knowing the story I am on tenderhooks. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 20/08/2022 at 20:41, Carl Fredrickson said:

Paddington 2?

that's a superb film He was brilliant in it as the villainous cad.  Its so funny. 

Jambo_jim2001
On 19/08/2022 at 10:48, benny said:

I watched this last night really enjoyed it.

The bear scene was excellent.

8/10

Same here,french guy that lost his leg reminded me and the Mrs off jack sparrow though😂

Running With the Devil: The Wild World of John McAfee (Netflix)

Documentary following McAfee's time on the run from various authorities, as shot by Vice journalists. Who would have thought the guy who created the anti-virus software would be such a radge? :lol: 

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy

“Samaritan “ with Sly Stallone . Very very funny , however it’s not meant to be . Watching an almost arthritic Sly kick ass is comical . He always high waisted jeans which Simon Cowell used to favour , plus platform shoes to increase his height ,/ puffer jacket and hoodie . Then there’s his Botox , plastic surgery face and it’s very difficult to Make out what he is saying . I know he was never Laurence Olivier but ! Mutton dressed as lamb . However it’s actually quite entertaining ! I enjoyed it . File under “ so bad it’s good “ 

Dick Dastardly

I've, obviously, not watched it as it's not out yet but jeez, i hope no parents pick this up for their kids without checking the ratings! 

The Drover's Wife.The Legend of Molly Johnson

I like a good Aussie Outback movie and enjoyed this gritty movie.

The film tackles issues of race, sexual violence and the cruelty that was a fact of life for those hardy individuals who make a life in the bush in the late 19th century.

Movie centre's on Molly and her four children trying to survive in the Australian Outback while her husband is away working as a drover.

A hard watch and it makes you wonder how horrible a country Australia was with the white male population treating everyone else like shit.As the film moves on the violence gets worse.

7/10 but not for everyone.

Shanks said no

Loving Adults (Netflix)

9/10

High score but a very good twisty turny murder drama. Rare example of a film that makes you really think. My only slight criticism was the dubbing into English as its a Danish film but you get over it.

12 Mighty Orphans on Sky Movies. A decent watch if you enjoy an underdog sports film. The true story of a visionary American football coach taking a job in a Texas orphanage during the depression and starting a football team from the boys there. 

15 hours ago, Shanks said no said:

Loving Adults (Netflix)

9/10

High score but a very good twisty turny murder drama. Rare example of a film that makes you really think. My only slight criticism was the dubbing into English as its a Danish film but you get over it.

There's usually an option in the audio settings to choose the original language with subtitles.

On 02/09/2022 at 21:48, Shanks said no said:

Loving Adults (Netflix)

9/10

Just watched the subtitled version. Enjoyed it.

7.5/10

Konrad von Carstein
On 02/09/2022 at 21:48, Shanks said no said:

Loving Adults (Netflix)

9/10

Was literally coming on to post this film.

I watched it with Polish voiceover and English subtitles as we have Polish friends over for a short break.

Was very good.

We used our friends Netflix account hence the language choices :lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Disser Pointon

Got tickets for the remastered Jaws in 3D on Friday, can't wait. Was originally going to do the IMAX version only as didn't fancy the 3D but all the reviews say it's been superbly done. One of my all time favourite movies.

adambraejambo

Everything Everywhere All At Once . Watched it this evening not knowing anything about it at all. Very enjoyable few hours. Won't be for everyone but a 9/10 for me. It is free to watch on Amazon Prime just now. 

Just started watching for maybe the 6th or 7th time Once upon a time in the west.

Everything that's Beautiful about film.

The opening 15 minutes.

Just class

11 hours ago, Ked said:

Just started watching for maybe the 6th or 7th time Once upon a time in the west.

Everything that's Beautiful about film.

The opening 15 minutes.

Just class

A "Goth" classic!

https://youtu.be/xFBHI-Mj5vU

Edited by Dawnrazor

Fall, 8/10

About 2 girls who decide to climb the highest radio tower in the USA and get stuck at the top. Really filled me with tension throughout, fair play to the actresses and everyone involved, genuinely terrifying setting to work on!

On 05/09/2022 at 12:52, Disser Pointon said:

Got tickets for the remastered Jaws in 3D on Friday, can't wait. Was originally going to do the IMAX version only as didn't fancy the 3D but all the reviews say it's been superbly done. One of my all time favourite movies.

how was it ?

On 08/09/2022 at 13:49, Cade said:

Thor Love and Thunder

An absolute travesty. Marvel and Disney have totally lost the plot.

0/10

I put it on, and it's all of the above, so far. I might try again, some day.

To keep it topical I decided to re-watch

The King's Speech.

Ended up looking at my phone and then  fell asleep.

Woke near the end, Mrs B said "What a lot of shit"

Wimmen eh! :lol:

from memory, I thought it was a good watch.

13 minutes ago, briever said:

Rewatched Pulp Fiction last night.

It's not aged in the slightest - magnificent film.

That and Reservoir Dogs both got that classic feel that will never age them.

On 08/09/2022 at 13:49, Cade said:

Thor Love and Thunder

An absolute travesty. Marvel and Disney have totally lost the plot.

0/10

A complete mess of a film. I’m normally a huge fan of Taika Watiti’s films but he’s got this one completely wrong. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

A complete mess of a film. I’m normally a huge fan of Taika Watiti’s films but he’s got this one completely wrong. 

Pretty much all of Marvel/Disney's "Phase Four" have been shiiiiiiiite.

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
Eternals
Doctor Strange 2
Thor 4

All pish
Spider Man: No Way Home gets pass marks simply for Garfield and Maguire.

Black Panther 2 comes out in a couple of months and that's probably going to be shite too.

Edited by Cade

6 hours ago, Cade said:

Pretty much all of Marvel/Disney's "Phase Four" have been shiiiiiiiite.

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
Eternals
Doctor Strange 2
Thor 4

All pish
Spider Man: No Way Home gets pass marks simply for Garfield and Maguire.

Black Panther 2 comes out in a couple of months and that's probably going to be shite too.

They really need to introduce kang to get them back on track

On 05/09/2022 at 22:34, adambraejambo said:

Everything Everywhere All At Once . Watched it this evening not knowing anything about it at all. Very enjoyable few hours. Won't be for everyone but a 9/10 for me. It is free to watch on Amazon Prime just now. 

Only way to describe it is it's ****ing mental 🤣

House of darkness, 5.5/10

horror about a guy who picks a girl up at a bar and goes home with her, then the drink flows and odd stuff starts happening. Payoff is seen from miles off but is reasonably entertaining 

On 05/09/2022 at 22:34, adambraejambo said:

On 12/09/2022 at 19:30, vegas-voss said:

Only way to describe it is it's ****ing mental 🤣

Agree with both of the above, 'very enjoyable' and '****ing mental' sums the film up perfectly.

Malinga the Swinga

I know I and others have mentioned before but Stan & Ollie on BBC2 is a joy from start to finish.

Steve Coogan good as Stan but John C Reilly gives a career defining performance as Ollie. 

Just a magnificent tribute to two geniuses of comedy.

24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I know I and others have mentioned before but Stan & Ollie on BBC2 is a joy from start to finish.

Steve Coogan good as Stan but John C Reilly gives a career defining performance as Ollie. 

A superbly pitched film in terms of the tone of it. I cried like a bairn watching it. 

13 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Laurel and Hardy were supreme comedians. Beautiful and moving on screen chemistry between them too.  There was no egos or temper tantrums between them. Ollie knew Stan was the creative genius and happily acted in the films and thus played his role on the greatest comedy act in film.

I always feel deeply moved to read that Stan was " inconsolable " when Ollie died. 

The film was a great tribute to both actors.

We went to see " See how they run" at the Dominion on Friday night.

It was quite good.  Very like those old British comedies of the 50s. 

7/10 

Carl Fredrickson
On 18/09/2022 at 12:08, JudyJudyJudy said:

We went to see " See how they run" at the Dominion on Friday night.

It was quite good.  Very like those old British comedies of the 50s. 

7/10 

Went to see that last week with my son and we both enjoyed it.