Golf Game

jamborich

Im on night shift this week so friday night is only really night i can play as start work at 9pm,could play on sunday if any good ? ? ?

Sunday at 9pm would be good for me.

Everyone else?

Walter Bishop

Should have won easily but we let them back in as my concentration went with the tears in my eyes from laughing at their bottle crashing. Justice was done in the end though, Graygo should bring a partner next time though!!

I would like to say well played to our opponents but ............ they are the luckiest pair of shysters ever to have played the game.

I am also putting in a written protest about their gamesmanship (cheating) coughing, shouting even screams of MISS or WATER or YOU'RE A DICK while we were standing over out shots.

There was even an occasion where Beats ball seemed to end up closer to the hole than it ever looked liked it was going to, it wasn't even possible to get as close as it did, now I know he is claiming local knowledge and a members bounce and neither Sean or myself actually saw him moving his ball nearer the hole as we were looking the other way but if that is indeed what happened then he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. :snobby:

ArmiyaRomanova

I would like to say well played to our opponents but ............ they are the luckiest pair of shysters ever to have played the game.

I am also putting in a written protest about their gamesmanship (cheating) coughing, shouting even screams of MISS or WATER or YOU'RE A DICK while we were standing over out shots.

There was even an occasion where Beats ball seemed to end up closer to the hole than it ever looked liked it was going to, it wasn't even possible to get as close as it did, now I know he is claiming local knowledge and a members bounce and neither Sean or myself actually saw him moving his ball nearer the hole as we were looking the other way but if that is indeed what happened then he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. :snobby:

Get your butt on the tee, we're waiting....

Walter Bishop

Many thanks for the game which i may add we thouroghly deserved to win. Also thanks to Graygo and Sean for showing me parts of congressional i have never seen before, it was well worth missing the wee boy scoring "a blaster from 19 yards that hit the bar twice?" on its way in the net at his football training!!

Cheers guys.

ArmiyaRomanova

Sons Of Seve vs Granny Bile....

Oakmont with a 30s timer. Oh Joy.

SoS shot into a two hole lead after two, and although we kept pegging them back to 1 up, my dreadful putting stopped us from evening things out - until, despite a dodgy drive, I holed a 10fter on the 16th to bring us AS in the game for the first time.

SoS weren't best pleased with that, and immediately took the 17th.

And so we went into the last hole with SoS 1 up - and drew it.

Sons of Seve win 1 up on the last.

I'd like to say good game, but from our point of view - I was atrocious. Good to see Sean's putting on fire for most of the game though - 40ft+ on the first hole in particular.

Good luck with the rest of your games, guys - except the return against us.

And that leaves Granny Bile adrift at the foot of the table. Oh Dear. :(

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Listen chaps a few of us will be in the BMC on Saturday before the game if you fancy a beer. Upstairs let's kids in and it's a ?1 donation at the door.

The bad news is Mitchell has confirmed his attendance and Graygo has all but confirmed but hopefully this won't put you off

:thumbsup:

Plus 8s host Juanmilan. I can do pretty much any time apart from Tuesday or Friday night. Preferably around 7 but later if necessary.

Donny working nightshift all this week so Sunday might be the only night we can make it. Could need yo be 8pm for me, that any use?

Sons Of Seve vs Granny Bile....

Oakmont with a 30s timer. Oh Joy.

SoS shot into a two hole lead after two, and although we kept pegging them back to 1 up, my dreadful putting stopped us from evening things out - until, despite a dodgy drive, I holed a 10fter on the 16th to bring us AS in the game for the first time.

SoS weren't best pleased with that, and immediately took the 17th.

And so we went into the last hole with SoS 1 up - and drew it.

Sons of Seve win 1 up on the last.

I'd like to say good game, but from our point of view - I was atrocious. Good to see Sean's putting on fire for most of the game though - 40ft+ on the first hole in particular.

Good luck with the rest of your games, guys - except the return against us.

And that leaves Granny Bile adrift at the foot of the table. Oh Dear. :(

it was never 40+ft, it was 50+ft on that hellish first green.

i just couldn't miss in the 8 to 15ft range and only had trouble when i was closer.

well played by both teams with some great approach shots by our opponents who were perfect gents not like these cheating barstewards we played earlier in the night and this was reflected in the putts we conceded in the 3 or 4 ft range( get it up ye beats :10900: )

it was a tight game and every time they looked like getting back in to it we found a putt to stay ahead.

Ayeball can you check the league please. I'm no doubt wrong as usual but am I correct in saying you have us down that we have used our joker but lost on the extra hole? If so that's no right! We destroyed some diddy team when we used our joker! :smuggy:

Anyway as I say I could be reading it wrong!

ArmiyaRomanova

Ayeball can you check the league please. I'm no doubt wrong as usual but am I correct in saying you have us down that we have used our joker but lost on the extra hole? If so that's no right! We destroyed some diddy team when we used our joker! :smuggy:

Anyway as I say I could be reading it wrong!

Nope, you're right, and I've changed it.

I've noticed scores being changed a couple of times.

Think it may be down to folk forgetting to factor in the result of joker use or EH wins and assuming there's a mistake in the points total.

So...... message to all.....

Unless you're ABSOLUTELY SURE what you're doing, please leave updating the table to me! Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Listen chaps a few of us will be in the BMC on Saturday before the game if you fancy a beer. Upstairs let's kids in and it's a ?1 donation at the door.

The bad news is Mitchell has confirmed his attendance and Graygo has all but confirmed but hopefully this won't put you off

:thumbsup:

Beats generously offered last night to buy the first 3 drinks for everybody that joins him on Saturday in the BMC.

Graygo will verify this.

Beats generously offered last night to buy the first 3 drinks for everybody that joins him on Saturday in the BMC.

Graygo will verify this.

I think what I said was Mitchell is buying everyone 3 drinks! And Graygo will verify ;)

Graygo will verify this.

I think what I said was Mitchell is buying everyone 3 drinks! And Graygo will verify ;)

Just to clarify, both Mitchell and Beats offered to buy me 3 drinks on Saturday if I attended the BMC pre-match, unfortunately due to circumstances (skint) it looks like I will be heading straight to Tynecastle on Saturday.

The first part of this post may or may not be true, the second part unfortunately is.

Plus 8s host Juanmilan. I can do pretty much any time apart from Tuesday or Friday night. Preferably around 7 but later if necessary.

Guys, any opinion on this game??

:jjyay:

Can't believe you are leaving me with Fester on Sat :seething:

Tell him there's been a change of plan and you'll meet him in the Merchie Hearts Club then go to the BMC "unmolested" so to speak, job's a godd'un.

Not definite that I won't be in the BMC pre-match btw. :thumbsup:

Tell him there's been a change of plan and you'll meet him in the Merchie Hearts Club then go to the BMC "unmolested" so to speak, job's a godd'un.

Not definite that I won't be in the BMC pre-match btw. :thumbsup:

Cool mate. I'll be there anyway if you fancy it. Probably due you a pint or 10 anyway!!

portobellojambo1

Donny working nightshift all this week so Sunday might be the only night we can make it. Could need yo be 8pm for me, that any use?

I can manage this coming Sunday at 8pm, if everyone else can do it (apologies for delay in replying by the way, it seems to be all go at the moment).

The Old Tolbooth

thats ok for me partner ,over to you guys

Dunks??

You okay for Sunday night at 9pm mate?

:jjyay:

Can't believe you are leaving me with Fester on Sat :seething:

**** you, I'm going to Westfield! :bootyshake:

ArmiyaRomanova

Granny Bile vs The Silence Of The Bams

Adrift at the foot of the table vs unbeaten top of the table - a clash that was always going to be about damage limitation.

We didn't do too badly early on - even winning the second hole to return the game to AS after SOTB had taken an early lead.

And we held them to a one-hole lead all the way to the 9th, where things began to slip - a couple of missed fairways and missed putts was all it took to see the GB challenge fade against a team who regularly hole 15ft putts and even chip in from thick rough.

Still, we did take them as far as the 15th, where a poor drive from me effectively ended our last hope.

Silence Of The Bams emerge 4 & 3 victors.

My only consolation - we didn't get cuffed by you as badly as Mitchell and partner did. So there's hope. :thumbsup:

Adrift at the foot of the table vs unbeaten top of the table - a clash that was always going to be about damage limitation.

We didn't do too badly early on - even winning the second hole to return the game to AS after SOTB had taken an early lead.

And we held them to a one-hole lead all the way to the 9th, where things began to slip - a couple of missed fairways and missed putts was all it took to see the GB challenge fade against a team who regularly hole 15ft putts and even chip in from thick rough.

Still, we did take them as far as the 15th, where a poor drive from me effectively ended our last hope.

Silence Of The Bams emerge 4 & 3 victors.

My only consolation - we didn't get cuffed by you as badly as Mitchell and partner did. So there's hope. :thumbsup:

I enjoyed the game. If you kept up your early play, it would have been a close game. Good luck in your other games. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Remind me of the result when we played again? :whistling:

unfortunately due to circumstances (skint) it looks like I will be heading straight to Tynecastle on Saturday.

Meet me at White Park mate - I'll bring some meths and a can of lighter fluid :thumbsup:

I can manage this coming Sunday at 8pm, if everyone else can do it (apologies for delay in replying by the way, it seems to be all go at the moment).

Plus 8s versus JuanMilan

Sunday at 8pm looks like an agreeable time for everyone, so 8pm Sunday it is then. :thumbsup: