Uruguay v South Korea

Commander Harris

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
colinmaroon

Looked like a stonewaller to me.

It was!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLL!!!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Urupish. Fact.

Fat Striker

Goaaallllllll South Korea.

Deserved.

Come on then Uruguay let's see how good you really are...

Was that over the line?

Nope.

It was a hell of a lot closer than it should have been though!!

Deserved.

Hopefully Uruguay will come out and play now.

They'll go back to boring us to tears in the next game so best they exit now.

Nope.

It was a hell of a lot closer than it should have been though!!

Didn't see a replay, but it was hard to tell.

alwaysthereinspirit

Koreans playing for the jersey. Throwing their bodies in front of everything. Pretty good game now.

alwaysthereinspirit

How many Hearts players would be booked after that goal celebration. That's how it should be, you do something brilliant and you get to celebrate.

colinmaroon

Great goal from Suarez!!!

But, you know, the way Uruguay have played since SK scored condemns the utter crap they played from the 5th minute! What a waste of all that talent!!!

They make Italy look like Johann Cruyff's Holland!!!

Hopefully they have learned their lesson and don't crawl back into their defensive hole!

Better not ******* sit back again, need another goal for my bet, Forlan preferably. :whistling:

Heh me too, doesnt matter for me who gets it as long as its for Uruguay

**** sake!

Need to push higher up. No way should you put the defence under that pressure when you've got the likes of Forlan, and Perez can do some great stuff in midfield so give him some space.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

GIEZ MA MUNNEH!

Why the feck did the commentator say maybe 2002 was a fluke when referring to South Korea there?

Seemed a bit unnecessary!

ArcticJambo

Woohoo ... had the correct score there and got it in a correct score double ... hopefully us come through 2-1 too.

Dont like it when Uruguay play that defensive way.

John Champion "maybe 2002 was a fluke".....you mean like 1966 ya prick?

:lol:

shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson CRYING INTO HIS SEMEN SOAKED TISSUES

:rofl:

Not any more I'm not. :thumbsup:

Uruguay are so, so exasperating sometimes. Sit deep, sit deep, concede... then go straight down the other end, score a brilliant winner and make you wonder what they were doing making it so hard for themselves in the first place. I also don't understand what Tabarez was doing: taking Suarez off at 2-1 was dicing with death. One Korean goal, which almost happened, would've meant extra time, no more substitutions for Uruguay, no Suarez on to score the winner, and no Suarez to take a penalty either. :blink:

I'm not sure I'm happy about them celebrating so wildly either. They should be here to go further - and reacting like that suggests they could be mentally sated. First quarter-final appearance for 40 years; but if they play like that again, the USA or Ghana will put them out.

shaun.lawson

Why the feck did the commentator say maybe 2002 was a fluke when referring to South Korea there?

Seemed a bit unnecessary!

I agree. I'd previously considered it a fluke too - but they've been terrific at this tournament, are making massive progress, and FIFA's decision to award the finals to the USA, Korea and Japan in recent years is being totally vindicated, and has left tremendous foundations for the years ahead.

Woohoo ... had the correct score there and got it in a correct score double ... hopefully us come through 2-1 too.

Dont like it when Uruguay play that defensive way.

It's because they think they're Italy. Really, they do. The two nations' styles are almost completely identical, and often, incredibly frustrating.

You have to love Woodgate's optimism ' England wouldn't have any problems with Uruguay'. Keep believing..clown

ArcticJambo

Boy here in canada states 'look at the bend on the Jubalani' ... creaming himself on Suarez's winner .... didn't think it swerved much ... in fact that is my main criticism of this ball it doesn't curl enough ... any thoughts.

ArcticJambo

Seen a bit of Uruguay over the past two years and I rated them highly pre-WC (have them going to semi)(beating US in q/F) - but their defence was always going to let them down ... they're like Villa (sit far too deep and hope to rely on their top boys up front) - who wouldn't with Forlan.

Anyway, hopefully they learned a lesson, one they got away with today.

Archived