Uruguay v South Korea

Commander Harris

Commander Harris

about to start on itv, didn't see a thread so thought i'd get the ball rolling.

two attacking sides that have been playing some decent stuff, looking forward to this one.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come on Korea! I have them in the sweep.....and because everyone in the dream team comp I run at work has filled their team with Uruguayans after the transfer period :D

Suarez, Forland and Cavani leading the attack.

Offt! I'm moist already. :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood

about to start on itv, didn't see a thread so thought i'd get the ball rolling.

two attacking sides that have been playing some decent stuff, looking forward to this one.

Totally agree.

shaun.lawson

I know I'm biased, but the Uruguayan anthem is EPIC. :thumbsup:

1 or 2-0 to the Super Celeste.

I know I'm biased, but the Uruguayan anthem is EPIC. :thumbsup:

Makes you realise how shite Flower of Scotland is. :down:

oooh off the post! this game has started well.

I agree about the Uruguay anthem, and liked how all the players sung it proudly :)

shaun.lawson

I've just realised that the probable Brazil-Holland quarter-final will be on this useless pitch. FFS. :down:

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!

SUAREZ! I ******* love you!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I think there will be a good few more in this match. From both sides.

Bad goalkeeping, but yet again Suarez looks a quality player with an eye for goal. Hopefully he will have caught the eye of Chelsea FC. :thumbsup:

That is some of the worst goalkeeping ive ever seen.

Good to see the Hobo influence didnt stop at Brasil. :whistling:

Bad goalkeeping, but yet again Suarez looks a quality with an eye for goal. Hopefully he will have caught the eye of Chelsea FC. :thumbsup:

He has.

They were looking at him last year too, but Ajax want around ?20 million for him.

Who can blame them? The guy is class, I'd love to see him play for a quality side.

The Real Maroonblood

Makes you realise how shite Flower of Scotland is. :down:

Not as shite as god save the effing queen.

:rolleyes:

GOOOOLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!!! GOLE DO URUGUAY!!!!

yeeha ive got suarez...3-1 uruguay 75/1!!!!! p.s craig burley ......wat a bellend

Not as shite as god save the effing queen.

:rolleyes:

Disagree.

At least that's a proper national anthem.

The Real Maroonblood

Disagree.

It's an embarassment and cringeworthy.

Disagree.

And it drowns out they horns when sung by the fans.

Disagree.

So what's so "proper" about the Uruguayan national anthem then,after all it's all about war,much the same as our's.

I don't really like it, I don't sing it. But it's better than our own.

The best national anthem is La Marseillaise by a mile. When I hear that, I cringe at Flower of Scotland. It's just so bad.

Thankfully the true National Anthem has never been sung on numerous occasions by a washed-up folk singer who's out of time with the music and embarrassingly shouts "come on" in a Tourettes-stylee at the most inappropriate moments. :down:

shaun.lawson

Stats from Uruguay's opening games:

Mexico v Uruguay

Mexico 20 fouls, 2 yellow cards

Uruguay 13 fouls, 1 yellow card

Uruguay in Group A

0 goals conceded

Opponents: 54 fouls, 7 yellow cards, 1 red card

Uruguay: 36 fouls, 3 yellow cards, 1 red card

This is the true Uruguay of old. The dirty, cynical Uruguay was a betrayal of a great tradition which belatedly is being recalled.

Incidentally, for my money, the stat of the World Cup so far involves the deposed World Champions. Shots on target against Italy: six. Goals conceded by Italy: five. Unbelievable.

Been very impressed with Park Chu Young in this tournament, albeit not much of a goalscorer but a technically good and hard working front man. I can imagine one of the teams in the lower half on the EPL taking a chance on him.

The Real Maroonblood

Thankfully the true National Anthem has never been sung on numerous occasions by a washed-up folk singer who's out of time with the music and embarrassingly shouts "come on" in a Tourettes-stylee at the most inappropriate moments. :down:

You have less than 24 hours to learn the best national anthem.

Deutschland, Deutschland ?ber alles,

?ber alles in der Welt,

Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze

Br?derlich zusammenh?lt.

Von der Maas bis an die Memel,

Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,

|: Deutschland, Deutschland ?ber alles,

?ber alles in der Welt! :|

Am I the only one that isn't digging the love-in with Uruguay on here?

Go Korea!

I want them to win cause I have money on it! :teehee:

Fat Striker

Am I the only one that isn't digging the love-in with Uruguay on here?

Go Korea!

I've got nothing against Uruguay but I'd like to see South Korea grab an equaliser as they deserve it on their play so far.

davemclaren

True, it's more favoured by the extreme right, protestant extremists and Rangers fans it would seem. :whistling:

Anyway, Uruguy for this one I think. :thumbsup:

Terrible game.

99% of matches I've ever seen that have involved Uruguay have been dreadful.

shaun.lawson

Terrible game.

I just hope "Urupish" can go even further in this tournament, AP. And that my "creepy, weird" obsession with them - an obsession now shared by LP - will be further vindicated. :thumbsup:

99% of matches I've ever seen that have involved Uruguay have been dreadful.

Apart from Senegal 3-3 Uruguay, the best game of the 2002 World Cup. Or the last two Copa America semi-finals, both between Brazil and Uruguay, which both went to penalties. Or Brazil 3-3 Uruguay in 2004. Or Ecuador 1-2 Uruguay - with the most dramatic finish imaginable - last year. Or South Africa 0-3 Uruguay, in which the latter were terrific.

This game's been fine, I'd say. But Uruguay scored early, are very dangerous on the break, and it's up to a good Korean side to find a way through. Uruguay losing Godin isn't at all good for them though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm just looking forward to "Urupish" going even further in this tournament, AP. And to my "creepy, weird" obsession with them - an obsession now shared by LP - being vindicated. :thumbsup:

That creepy obsession will never be vindicated unless you become a Uruguayan citizen. :thumbsup:

That creepy obsession will never be vindicated unless you become a Uruguayan citizen. :thumbsup:

:lol:

They've got a really interesting football history, some big achievements for a country of their size.

shaun.lawson

Korea coming right back into it. Uruguay can't sit back like this and get away with it for a whole game. Attack, boys! PRESS!

I'm just looking forward to "Urupish" going even further in this tournament, AP. And to my "creepy, weird" obsession with them - an obsession now shared by LP - being vindicated. :thumbsup:

Apart from Senegal 3-3 Uruguay, the best game of the 2002 World Cup. Or the last two Copa America semi-finals, both between Brazil and Uruguay, which both went to penalties. Or Brazil 3-3 Uruguay in 2004. Or Ecuador 1-2 Uruguay - with the most dramatic finish imaginable - last year. Or South Africa 0-3 Uruguay, in which the latter were terrific.

This game's been fine, I'd say. But Uruguay scored early, are very dangerous on the break, and it's up to a good Korean side to find a way through. Uruguay losing Godin isn't at all good for them though.

I said 99% of matches I had seen.

Not 99% of matches that they've ever played.

I could pick 4 or 5 examples where Hearts matches under Csaba weren't completely and utterly pish.

Doesn't mean they weren't in general a negative and boring team to watch though.

shaun.lawson

I must remember to tell Alex Bellos that his obsession with Brazil can never be vindicated, then. Ah well. :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I must remember to tell Alex Bellos that his obsession with Brazil can never be vindicated, then. Ah well. :thumbsup:

Each to their own, Shaun. Does he not get paid for his obsession though? To show you there's no hard feelings here's a picture of Forlan's torso for you to stroke yourself over. :thumbsup:

n_atletico_de_madrid_diego_forlan-63448.jpg

Some prime Uruguayan meat. :sweat:

If I was going to choose a random nation to become obsessed with it would be the USA. Their progress over the next decade or so into a footballing super power will be very, very interesting.

Korea dominating here. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Each to their own, Shaun. Does he not get paid for his obsession though? To show you there's no hard feelings here's a picture of Forlan's torso for you to stroke yourself over. :thumbsup:

n_atletico_de_madrid_diego_forlan-63448.jpg

Some prime Uruguayan meat. :sweat:

If I was going to choose a random nation to become obsessed with it would be the USA. Their progress over the next decade or so into a footballing super power will be very, very interesting.

Korea dominating here. :thumbsup:

It certainly will be. They are the coming force. Incidentally, my barber and someone else I know are both totally obsessed with Argentina and always have been; yet both are as British as they come.

Getting pissed off with Uruguay now. They've totally lost control of midfield. Tabarez needs to change this.

Archived