MAD MARCH MAFIA

Boof

As March drew to a close the townspeople of Sheddington became aware of something amiss in the town.

An unpleasant influence had begun to pervade daily life and small scale crime was on the increase.

The townspeople had had enough. They decided that the mayor must be in the back pocket of the mafia so they had to take the law into their own hands.

The following residents agreed that they would sort out the town.

0 flux

1 Frenchie

2 jambosean75

3 Geoff Kilpatrick

4 kits

5 Jack Regan

6 Beverley

7 Barney Stinson

8 Scotland

9 Roscoe1874

10 yvonneJambo

11 Stella

12 portobellojambo1

13 Deek

14 MalkyMcFrench

15 Lasith

16 Bigsmak

17 Seats

18 Martin

20 THAITB

Unbeknownst to the majority of them, however, there was danger in their midst.

Even they had been infiltrated.

The mafia were out to claim the town and get rid of pesky, interfering townies.

Can the townies save their town?

Or will the Mafia gain control?

Nobody has had a PM yet so, at the moment, you're all townies.

That may change in the next wee while...

Pretty much the usual rules.

Votes and unvotes should be bold e.g. Unvote Jefferies Vote Brown

Please do not edit posts that have votes in them ? it makes it more awkward for me to count.

I?m not a big fan of deadlines as I feel they make it too easy for the goons (sometimes) but will probably impose them as that?s what folk are used to.

Tiebreaks will be settled by a method of my choosing ? maybe the tried and tested penalty shoot-out.

Please participate in the game ? I asked for that in the sign-up thread and I haven?t had to mod-kill anybody in one of my games...yet.

Role-hinting is permitted.

Goons may PM each other.

Masons may PM each other.

No other communication between game players (regarding the game) is permitted.

Ghosts: Please don?t say anything on-thread that can influence the game for those still playing. I know how tempting it is to say something but please, just dinna. Dead goons and masons can still air their thoughts through PMs to their still-living buddies.

Anything I?ve neglected to mention...my decision is final.

Daft questions to the moderator will be dealt with...appropriately laugh.gif

The roles

BAD

Goon 1 ? Goon chief. Team leader. If he/she is lynched during the day, the goons miss a night hit

Goon 2 ? Second in command. Crafty, sleekit, uncompromising and vicious ? the perfect goon

Goon 3 ? Knuckledragging meathead. Useful in a scrap or when some muscle is needed.

Goon 4 ? Babyface. Just learning the ropes. A bit of a crawler.

GOOD

Cop ? Upstanding member or the community. Investigates one person each night and the result goes to him/her and the masons. May have a free investigate on day 1 ? not decided yet.

Cadet ? becomes promoted to cop if cop gets knocked off by the goons in the first two nights. Investigation results do NOT get passed to masons.

Masons ? 3 of them can PM each other to discuss investigation results and try to steer the townspeople in the direction desired to save the town.

Doctor ? has a limited supply of medication to treat people. 1 tablet will save a person from a goon-whack. 3 tablets in one go will overdose and thus kill them. A combination of the traditional Doc/Assassin role. More than one person can be saved in any one night ? the only limit is the number of tablets.

Nursie ? Will take up a Doc-lite role if the goons manage to whack the Doc in the first two nights. Will only be able to use one tablet per night and can?t do the same person on consecutive nights.

Townies ? a teeming melting pot of any and everything. Some good, some bad, some aiming to help the town and, no doubt, some loose cannons in there.

Finally...I could do with a pint. Anybody up for bar duty?

GAME ON

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant Boof, I am a vanilla. Lets see if I can make it past one night!!

er.... dinnae think he's sent pm's out yet, so are you sure you're vanilla? whistling.gif

er.... dinnae think he's sent pm's out yet, so are you sure you're vanilla? whistling.gif

Nobody has had a PM yet so, at the moment, you're all townies.

ahem whistling.gif

PMs on their way.

I'll be doing them in the order of the sign up list so just be patient if you're doon the bottom :D

Like the set-up Boof. Considering the last couple of results at least It's giving the town a good chance of winning as it's near impossible if the evil ones suss the good roled players quickly :thumbsup:

Gets Boof a beer...any particular brand preference?

I sometimes miss the craziness of working behind the bar at the Liquid Rooms on gig nights :teehee:

hey hey

i have a role

oh wait, no pm (yet) so i obviously don't, being number 6 on the list...

boooooooooooooo

'mon the townies, unless i have a role, in which case c'mon whichever side i'm on a pretendy GO TOWNIES! vibe

Emm I didnae read that bit. But I want to be a vanilla. angry.gif

on a happier note, we've won again chief thumbsup.gif

your glorious captain had to drag us through though scoring half our points cool.gif

Harry Palmer

your glorious captain had to drag us through though scoring half our points cool.gif

I feel I made another valuable contribution again this week... :thumbsup:

I knew we hadnt scored much, but two of the opposition dont post scores so we had a chance. :thumbsup:

PS Last weeks result was pretty impressive. We hammered some numpty team and brought them down a peg.

I'm number 4 and I've had mine. Mighty relieved I'm not roled yet again as a goon. Very much for the town this time.

yvonnejambo

die goongirl? whistling.gif

Im sure you will kill me off one way or another :) Oh and i aint got no PM yet!

I knew we hadnt scored much, but two of the opposition dont post scores so we had a chance. :thumbsup:

PS Last weeks result was pretty impressive. We hammered some numpty team and brought them down a peg.

Hahahaha..dinnae give up the day job Deek....oh wait a second..you are!! ;)

Hahahaha..dinnae give up the day job Deek....oh wait a second..you are!! ;)

Who told you that? :)

PMs on their way.

I'll be doing them in the order of the sign up list so just be patient if you're doon the bottom :D

I knew there was a reason I picked invented position 0 :)

Zero is the new 6!

shame i've been offline for two hours...

vote frenchie

I'm number 4 and I've had mine. Mighty relieved I'm not roled yet again as a goon. Very much for the town this time.

you lie like a cheap carpet

he said he was going in order and i, at number 6, have had mine telling me i have no role, in fact he even said "lets see if anyone believes you!" which clearly means you've had your

OR

you'll be one of the goons who will likely be pm'd all together

so in that frame of mind vote kitster

vonny, i can't kill you cos i have no role. you may not have your pm yet though as i just got mine about 15 mins ago, so the boofster might not have got to you yet

or you're a bluffing goon geek.gif

Nobody... I just read a lot of threads on here :P

Oh really, what doe 2779 mean to you then? :rolleyes:

Whew...all PMs now sent.

Never thought it would take that long!!

Enjoy the game folks.

Belhaven, please.

stella_jambo

alrite folks

anyone want to make it easier on themselves and just admit to being a goon now, lynching will be less painful that way.

and if you could point out your mates as we drag you to the old lynching tree that would be great.

anyone?

no...ok ill vote martin

let the fingers point!

you lie like a cheap carpet

he said he was going in order and i, at number 6, have had mine telling me i have no role, in fact he even said "lets see if anyone believes you!" which clearly means you've had your

OR

you'll be one of the goons who will likely be pm'd all together

so in that frame of mind vote kitster

vonny, i can't kill you cos i have no role. you may not have your pm yet though as i just got mine about 15 mins ago, so the boofster might not have got to you yet

or you're a bluffing goon geek.gif

I've never bought a cheap carpet in my life Bev and I'm not lying, but you bash on barking up the wrong tree if you fancy it. I'm not going to vote promptly but it was a bit of a knee jerk reaction you going for me so quickly.

I am jumping on the Beverley bandwagon

Vote Kitster

Who was a goon last game and knocked me off first night. :verymad:

Oh really, what doe 2779 mean to you then? :rolleyes:

Not much! if it was a cheap shot then I take them on the chin now Deek. If it's actually something relevant or important you'd need to tell me.

I can't work out Kits's post, is she claiming not to be roled, or not roled as a goon? unsure.gif

claiming she never had her pm well after i had mine, she's definitely something

stella_jambo

Am i missing something or dose she say she did get a pm?

ignore me, i misread her reply after mine, i thought she said she HADN'T had her pm

oops

unvote kits for now

I think that was me saying I'd had a PM Bev. I'm getting stitched up already!!! Boof you'll need another bar person soon I reckon, always the way when I'm innocent.

yvonnejambo

Interesting chat so far :). So are we up for BS and goon lists?

I am, but not the cop

I am, but not the cop

aye i'd use BS if i were the cop, but i'm not so i won't

BS for me..but I'm not the cop..and goon lists, I'm suspicious of a couple already but I'll wait till I have a bit more to go on.

I'm away to bed, I'll post my list in the mornng after more folk have posted

night peeps

EDIT - can't believe I've wasted my 7000th post on that pile of w@nk angry.gif

stella_jambo

I am, but not the cop

Ive been out the loop. whats a bs and goon list?

yvonnejambo

Ive been out the loop. whats a bs and goon list?

BS is when the cop investigates the person below on night 1, so that the masons can work out who the cop is and then help by working together.

goon lists are a way of every taking part and not hiding by posting their lists of likely goons each day. Obviously the goons have to do this too, which would make thins bit tricky but I think its enough to make them squirm at least!

Right im away to bed got to get down to Inverness early in morning for the blooming dentist :( Night night all

jambosean75

not that long in from the footie.

would use bs but since i'm just a townie it's irrelevant.

i've got to get up early and go down to wales and back by tomorrow afternoon so probably won't be back on until tomorrow evening.

will stick a throw away vote in the now and

vote martin

always seems to be a goon at the moment.

stella_jambo

BS is when the cop investigates the person below on night 1, so that the masons can work out who the cop is and then help by working together.

goon lists are a way of every taking part and not hiding by posting their lists of likely goons each day. Obviously the goons have to do this too, which would make thins bit tricky but I think its enough to make them squirm at least!

Right im away to bed got to get down to Inverness early in morning for the blooming dentist :( Night night all

got ya, and in turn the doc protects the cop?

would make sense i suppose.

not the cop so its no real use for me but if its the way forward am in.

Good setup Boof.

Thankfully for once I can have a stress free game because finally I've broken free from my goon shackles! I'd also use BS if I was the cop but I'm not.

I'll stick in a vote just now to get things going. Not because he voted for me but for failing to send in his predictor scores at the weekend

Vote Jambosean75

Archived