MAFIA: Heartburn!

Harry Palmer

wooooooo

Why me THAITB? I was the mug who fell for your ploy and backed you up all the way. Nice way to repay me. :ohmy:

wooooo again

Question is..have we hooked you with the game? :biggrin: I'm never a goon Seats I have been only once (I was rubbish) and they always bloody kill me..this is the longest I have lasted I think.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We investigated

Bev Assassin

Frenchie Townie

Malky Doc

Geoff Goon

Seats Townie

Martin Townie

When Arnold gave us investigative skills I was tempted to turn them down as although not against the rules was not in the spirit.

However I can understand why Arnold done this, as it makes the game more interesting. The cop dead on the first night makes it purely a town v mafia game, which can be boring. It was how we first started playing the game 4 years ago and the goons won every game.

Arnold did try and balance things up with a double goon doze of kills one night which was a fair compromise.

Geoff will come on and moan as he does, but only because he lost and cant see the reasons behind Arnolds decision.

Deek, what might have been better would of been to have us masons to decide which one of us would be doing the investigating, so that if they got killed there would be no more investigations

Deek, what might have been better would of been to have us masons to decide which one of us would be doing the investigating, so that if they got killed there would be no more investigations

Fair point as we would have picked you. still wont make Geoff happy though. :biggrin:

I thought I had been investigated earlier seeing that there was virtually no suspicion on me throughout the game, apart from THAITB.

Cheers for the game Arnold, really enjoyed this one and I think it worked really well with pretty much everyone staying quiet about their roles, at least it wasn't as obvious in other games. Going into the last bit, I had no idea who the last mason was, the doc or obviously the last goon. So either I was being really really slow or everything was quite mysterious.

I'm never a goon Seats I have been only once (I was rubbish) and they always bloody kill me..this is the longest I have lasted I think.

See that's why I was easily able to put you on my trust list last night, you aren't evil enough to play the role of a goon well :biggrin:

Cheers for the game Arnold, good stuff

Martin, did you not twig on me saying about Bev being able to trust me after she was foiled with her kill by the doc?

i was a bit confused by the point i went for you malky, so wasn't sure at all if i'd done the right thing

when the "doc" protected yo, i wondered if he knew something he wasn't hinting at, so i immediately took you off my suspect list...

oddly deek wasn't on my radar for this game so i had an inkling he was townie or good roled.

was tempted to go for yvonne when she tried to have me lynched, but figured the goons would do that for me, to try and make out i was not the assassin but a goon instead.

good game though guys

and geoff... you're such a girl :P

good game arnold, shame i was lynched on the first night as you don't feel part of the game after that.

anyway at least i know who to put on my goon list next time:biggrin:

Question is..have we hooked you with the game? :biggrin: I'm never a goon Seats I have been only once (I was rubbish) and they always bloody kill me..this is the longest I have lasted I think.

Hooked?........ I've bought a pair of NHS specs, greased my hair a bit more and have an empty pizza box next to me. I am now officially a mafia geek :biggrin:

Quick question though, having only played two games, the town have won them both - are the odds stacked in their favour or has it jsut been the way it's panned out?

Enjoyed the game though and credit to Arnold for organising!

portobellojambo1
good game arnold, shame i was lynched on the first night as you don't feel part of the game after that.

anyway at least i know who to put on my goon list next time:biggrin:

Sums up my feeling to an extent as well, once your out there is not a lot you can do, I only popped in occasionally after going out to see how things were going (check if more mistakes had been made re. who was outed).

But hopefully I'm beginning to get to grips with it, and know who says what, and who really means what they say (I suspect it is a game for gifted liars, which in itself requires some technique and work)

I suspect it is a game for gifted liars, which in itself requires some technique and work

Some people find it easy (whispers Beverley). :biggrin:

Geoff Kilpatrick
We investigated

Bev Assassin

Frenchie Townie

Malky Doc

flux Goon

Seats Townie

Martin Townie

When Arnold gave us investigative skills I was tempted to turn them down as although not against the rules was not in the spirit.

However I can understand why Arnold done this, as it makes the game more interesting. The cop dead on the first night makes it purely a town v mafia game, which can be boring. It was how we first started playing the game 4 years ago and the goons won every game.

Arnold did try and balance things up with a double goon doze of kills one night which was a fair compromise.

Geoff will come on and moan as he does, but only because he lost and cant see the reasons behind Arnolds decision.

Fixed that for you.

Morning all. The only reason I was moaning was because our goon strategy on Day 2 was ruined by handing you guys the investigating powers. It wasn't worth our while topping Boof, which was an educated guess rather than a pot shot like I said to Harris (his sudden appearance when night was called made me suspicious).

Actually, it was when you investigated flux that we really lost the game, although THAITB did brilliantly to keep it going as long as he did. What made you investigate him given that flux had tied it up late in the day on Game 2 by voting for me, or were you just taking potshots at investigating as well?

Anyhow, I enjoyed the moan! Good game and thanks to Arnold for running it! :)

Quick question though, having only played two games, the town have won them both - are the odds stacked in their favour or has it jsut been the way it's panned out?

That's because the Goon Master has not been unleashed in any of your games yet :biggrin:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Hooked?........ I've bought a pair of NHS specs, greased my hair a bit more and have an empty pizza box next to me. I am now officially a mafia geek :biggrin:

I've been a goon four times now - won two, lost two - so it can be done!

have a look at the futurama mafia game, we didn't lose any goons apart from the cop who we turned. and it was obvious who the cop was.

Fixed that for you.

Thanks for that

What made you investigate him given that flux had tied it up late in the day on Game 2 by voting for me, or were you just taking potshots at investigating as well?

Flux never normally shuts up, in this game he was very quiet which was an indication he was roled. We already knew who the Doc and Assassin were, so looked like he was a goon.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the moan! Good game and thanks to Arnold for running it!

You love a moan :biggrin:

:)

Thanks for taking part people.

I realise there were probably one or two things that I could've done differently but I'll remember them for any future games.:ninja:

Interestingly, Bev would've hit Picard 1st night had I not restarted before receiving her pm...

Anyway, thanks again.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Deek, think of it this way. Had you not been handed the cop powers, we would have walked it! :P

Deek, think of it this way. Had you not been handed the cop powers, we would have walked it! :P

It's an interesting difference from the big brother game - in that, there was a team of good guys against a team of bad guys. In this game, the good guys basically hinged around one player (initially!). The town could have lost through fluke as much as anything else if they hit the cop first.

Interestingly, Bev would've hit Picard 1st night had I not restarted before receiving her pm...

:laugh:

what have you got against me Bev?

thehibsareintheirbeds
wooooooo

Why me THAITB? I was the mug who fell for your ploy and backed you up all the way. Nice way to repay me. :ohmy:

wooooo again

Sorry bud! My only hope was that bev's evil core would come through and she would want to win the game for herself and take out the doc and fail- then itd be a fight to the death- thought i'd have a slightly better chance convincing malky/bev that martin was a goon than you, as it had never been specifically pointed out he was good. Game was a bogey, but really really enjoyed it. Our whole strategy was blown with arnolds twist- but we kept plugging away and with a bit more luck we could have sneaked it. Cheers to my fellow goons and respect to geoff for his sacrifice, it so nearly won it for us.

In fact maybe Geoff's a goon for suggesting that. Less posts means better chance for a goon to stay hidden.

Then again, think Geoff's too smart to give the game away that early!

Geoff Kilpatrick

How were Boof's investigations reported to the masons, as the lynch on Dibble doesn't seem to make sense by his BS rules? :wacko:

Boof investigated Bev(obviously!) and 2nd: Frenchie, but only he was going to know the 2nd, it would've been passed on when/if he was killed....which he was...

How were Boof's investigations reported to the masons, as the lynch on Dibble doesn't seem to make sense by his BS rules? :wacko:

Ah, poor Dibble never stood a chance. :rubeyes:

thehibsareintheirbeds

So what was the story with dibble then?

:laugh:

what have you got against me Bev?

the way you were determined to make me out to be a goon hehe

Aye..brutally set upon by a pack of :527::527:

So what was the story with dibble then?

Naivety. He drew too much attention on himself so people thought he was a goon.

Paid for it, though. :ninja:

Oh and respect to martin for post nineteen!

Ha ha, see the great thing is when you take a total stab at something early on, it makes you look good in the end :biggrin:

Martin, did you not twig on me saying about Bev being able to trust me after she was foiled with her kill by the doc?

Honestly I didn't pick up on that one, see there's more evidence to me being slow rather than anythin else!

Dibble definitely needs to return, time to get revenge on all those that doubted him

4.30, my good golly gosh :dribble:

4.31 now, as proved by below -

MalkyMcFrench 89

Jack Regan 88

Geoff Kilpatrick 68

Commander Harris 65

yvonnejambo 57

seats 53

flux 53

kitster 43

thehibsareintheirbeds 41

Deek 39

Martin 35

Beverley 32

jambosean75 29

Boof 29

milky_26 24

scotland 21

Picard's forehead 18

portobellojambo1 16

Officer Dibble 15

Frenchie 8

Lasith 6

helenllama 5

Ulysses 3

I'm the daddy :biggrin:

It wasn't worth our while topping Boof, which was an educated guess rather than a pot shot like I said to Harris (his sudden appearance when night was called made me suspicious).

Aw pants!! I was only just in and by the time I'd caught up with the 3 pages it was well past lynch time so the timing of my appearance wouldn't've been any different had I been roled or unroled.

I was hoping that my BS promotion would make it look like I was helping whomever would've been investigating the first lynchee by hinting that they should go for the next person, who would've been me (I think).

the way you were determined to make me out to be a goon hehe

aye right! i never even mentioned you until day two and by then you had already tried to kill me! :biggrin:

when do people want the next game to be as i'm thinking about running one, similar to this one but with a few changes and possibly a surprise

when do people want the next game to be as i'm thinking about running one, similar to this one but with a few changes and possibly a surprise

NOW!!! Can't get enough.......... :ahhhhhhh:

Thanks for the game, sorry not been online much. I will be up for another game as working this weekend but locally :)

Archived