Harry Palmer

Simple roles for this game....

4 Goons

Cop

Doc

3 Masons

Assassin

11 Vanilla Townies

The cop investigates one player every night. I will pass the result and name to the Masons. I will only post a positive or negative hot on the thread with no name ie good/bad. Masons can communicate off thread too!

The doc can nominate one player a night to save. He can not nominate the same person 2 nights running.

The goons nominate a kill every night, they can communicate off thread

Assassin With no affiliation, just likes to kill people 2 kills throughout the game, wins the game if he is the last remaining roled player

The town wins once all goons are killed off and the goons win once they have a majority.

Everybody has a PM.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Cop, Goons, Assassin in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

To avoid accusations of anybody being a PM lurker if possible please set your profile to invisible

Finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion.

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me....

First deadline will be 10pm on Monday night, with all roled players to have PM?s in by 11pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow.

Thereafter I will try and make it 24hr turnarounds.

MODS: Please sticky....

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player list..

1. Commander Harris

2 portobellojambo1

3 Geoff Kilpatrick

4. jambosean75

5. Boof

6. Beverley

7. Officer Dibble

8. scotland

10. kitster

11. Frenchie

12. flux

13. Deek

14. Malky

16. Milky_26

18. Picard's forehead

19. THAITB

20. yvonne

21. seats

22. Martin

24. Lasith

25. helenllama

Geoff Kilpatrick

Checking in whilst pretending to work!

I think the challenge should be that you have to make as near as possible to your average posts each day, now that the info is supplied. My average is 5.31 so I should make 5 posts per day, for example.

I think the challenge should be that you have to make as near as possible to your average posts each day, now that the info is supplied. My average is 5.31 so I should make 5 posts per day, for example.

Well, I'm on 1.84 per day so at the moment I'm way above that already on this thread! Interesting idea though...:ninja:

Great to get the game up and running so soon. Good to get away from the terrace.

That's just an excuse so I'm limited to 1.5 a day :biggrin:

Commander Harris
Great to get the game up and running so soon. Good to get away from the terrace.

That's just an excuse so I'm limited to 1.5 a day :biggrin:

I'm on 5.77 a day. I peaked at 13 a year or so ago so that's probably not an accurate reflection of my current posting rate, although I have posted 50 times since the 1st so looks like I'm back on the up.

I'm on 5.77 a day. I peaked at 13 a year or so ago so that's probably not an accurate reflection of my current posting rate, although I have posted 50 times since the 1st so looks like I'm back on the up.

Christ, I've done 50 in the last 5 days :rubeyes:

Note to self - get out more

Commander Harris
Christ, I've done 50 in the last 5 days :rubeyes:

Note to self - get out more

and that's without a mafia game!

PS BS is wasted on me :biggrin:

Go on Deek...make him sweat a wee bit :D

In case anyone said so on the sign-up thread and I've missed it...

BS users list...

1. Commander Harris

2 portobellojambo1

3 Geoff Kilpatrick - YES

4. jambosean75

5. Boof - YES

6. Beverley

7. Officer Dibble

8. scotland

10. kitster

11. Frenchie

12. flux

13. Deek

14. Malky

16. Milky_26 - YES

18. Picard's forehead

19. THAITB

20. yvonne

21. seats

22. Martin

24. Lasith

25. helenllama

In fact maybe Geoff's a goon for suggesting that. Less posts means better chance for a goon to stay hidden.

Then again, think Geoff's too smart to give the game away that early!

seriously Boof, I would use BS

Martin - bit early to start accusing folk :ninja:

Milky - I await Marty's inevitable vote for you :biggrin:

Defo to bed now

How do you find your average post count? Oh and yes nice to have a game to avoid going into the terrace :teeth:I would use the bs but i aint the cop.

evening guys, just about to head to bed and thought i'd pop in for a wee nose before i go...

i'd use BS but as i ain't got a role its a moot point

Commander Harris
How do you find your average post count? Oh and yes nice to have a game to avoid going into the terrace :teeth:I would use the bs but i aint the cop.

top right of the page Yvonne, or have a look at your profile and click on the statistics tab.

Yvonne, it's up at the top right hand side. Right beside the info about the PM's.

Malky, it's definitely too early and I wasn't being serious. But it was about time I was the first one to come up with a stupid reasoning for once! :biggrin:

Oh and if I was the cop, I'd use BS.

Slight alteration from first post which I didn't spot, the Assassin has 3 kills not 2 as indicated...apologies.

Slight alteration from first post which I didn't spot, the Assassin has 3 kills not 2 as indicated...apologies.

I think I would have preferred Harry Potter running this game...

Thanks see it, I guess that is new? Or i just never noticed before :wacko: 3.10 for me so I will round it up to 4 :biggrin:

I think when everyone has posted its good to put a daily goon list up as it does help when they get busted and also gives the good role players a chance to only put up people who havent been checked out. Also just for the glory at the end if you have had them targetted from early on :teeth:

Dunno how to break this news, Arnold...but I've got a question :laugh:

It's a townie win if we duff in all the goons. But the OP states that the assassin can win it for themself if they're the last roled player.

Does the townie win automatically override the assassin's winning-for-themself capabilities?

(ps - a good answer is 'Yes' ) :D

Commander Harris
I think I would have preferred Harry Potter running this game...

Craig Levein?

Dunno how to break this news, Arnold...but I've got a question :laugh:

It's a townie win if we duff in all the goons. But the OP states that the assassin can win it for themself if they're the last roled player.

Does the townie win automatically override the assassin's winning-for-themself capabilities?

(ps - a good answer is 'Yes' ) :D

I think the answer to the question is in your post....:ninja:

Geoff Kilpatrick
In fact maybe Geoff's a goon for suggesting that. Less posts means better chance for a goon to stay hidden.

Then again, think Geoff's too smart to give the game away that early!

I'll take that as a compliment, I think! :biggrin:

Actually, I was thinking it might be a way of forcing lurkers to post. Maybe not though...

alright folks. just checking in.

im in the middle of an all nighter for my uni hand in so might rack up a few posts when the boredom sets in.

Commander Harris
alright folks. just checking in.

im in the middle of an all nighter for my uni hand in so might rack up a few posts when the boredom sets in.

ooh. maybe we could help you! an online collaborative project! I'm sure with the combined wisdom and intelligence of kb you'd ace it. :D

ooh. maybe we could help you! an online collaborative project! I'm sure with the combined wisdom and intelligence of kb you'd ace it. :D

sadly i have already done all the leg work. just need to lay it out so it looks awfy nice. but with enough research to fill about 300 a3 sheets that is easier said than done!

thehibsareintheirbeds

Evening all- up and running and stickied already- good work. Hoping for another resounding victory. Mon the townies!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm going to vote Helenllama as she was very quiet last game, only putting votes in. Can't have a mafia game without true BS! :biggrin:

I'm going to vote Helenllama as she was very quiet last game, only putting votes in. Can't have a mafia game without true BS! :biggrin:

bit early to be getting your vote on no?

as stated in sign up thread i'd use bs

vote milky normal service had been resumed , jambosean will be jealous :biggrin:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Goon lists anyone?

For no apparent reason, I'll select: -

helenllama

yvonnejambo

MalkyMcFrench and

scotland

Just to get the ball rolling...

Goon lists anyone?

For no apparent reason, I'll select: -

helenllama

yvonnejambo

MalkyMcFrench and

scotland

Just to get the ball rolling...

i would agree with yvonne. she is a wrong un :biggrin: dunno if she is mafia or not though. :ninja:

Archived