**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Texans off form today, and deservedly lost. Colts look a lot better team now than they generally have the last couple of years. Will be very tight in the AFC South.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Wish I'd checked the weather in Washington prior to the 49ers-Skins game, started Kittle over Waller in the 5-1 dynasty after swithering over them. Kept seeing the score on Redzone and couldn't fathom why it was still 0-0 in the 3rd and the QB's were throwing for next to no yards!

9 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Wish I'd checked the weather in Washington prior to the 49ers-Skins game, started Kittle over Waller in the 5-1 dynasty after swithering over them. Kept seeing the score on Redzone and couldn't fathom why it was still 0-0 in the 3rd and the QB's were throwing for next to no yards!

9-0 Great game!

luckyBatistuta

Missed the first couple of minutes, so not sure who one of the commentators is, he has to be an ex pat surely. I’ve been fully expecting to see him run on the field and suck off Brady or Belichick, or even both. Yeah they’re a good defense and yeah Brady is a great QB, but ffs give it a fekn rest with the non stop pats love in. 

5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Missed the first couple of minutes, so not sure who one of the commentators is, he has to be an ex pat surely. I’ve been fully expecting to see him run on the field and suck off Brady or Belichick, or even both. Yeah they’re a good defense and yeah Brady is a great QB, but ffs give it a fekn rest with the non stop pats love in. 

I mean, if the Lions had that schedule I'd expect a 7-0 record too...

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Spot on Liam. The Patriots record over recent years has been incredible, but they have had probably the easiest path to the playoffs every single season. Darnold basically handed them the game last night. The protection of him was awful, but he just kept making really poor decisions. 

54 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Spot on Liam. The Patriots record over recent years has been incredible, but they have had probably the easiest path to the playoffs every single season. Darnold basically handed them the game last night. The protection of him was awful, but he just kept making really poor decisions. 

I get all the "can only beat what's in front of you" arguments but they've yet to face any sort of decent opponents (bar possibly the Steelers in week 1). It's difficult to really say how good they actually are.

Saints remain the team to beat for me.

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I get all the "can only beat what's in front of you" arguments but they've yet to face any sort of decent opponents (bar possibly the Steelers in week 1). It's difficult to really say how good they actually are.

Saints are my underhyped team for me at the moment,  their defence is playing great at the moment, and they've still got Brees to come back. I have them ahead of the (overhyped) Packers and the rest of the NFC at the moment.

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Agree again, they are motoring along nicely and not even at full strength.

4 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Saints are my underhyped team for me at the moment,  their defence is playing great at the moment, and they've still got Brees to come back. I have them ahead of the (overhyped) Packers and the rest of the NFC at the moment.

Yeah, their defense seems to be very underrated by some.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Kerryon Johnson to IR. My dynasty team is falling apart!

Woah, knew he was injured, that’s a massive blow for Detroit.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Omg, just popped over to see your squad, you weren’t kidding...what you want for C Mac 😈 

alwaysthereinspirit
13 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

In your dreams. Lions could play their own practice team and go 4 - 3. :clyay:

luckyBatistuta

Six gimme’s every year for the Pats. It’s the shittest division out there. Must be great to know you have so many games in the bag before the season starts. They do have to play others too, let’s see...the Redskins🙄

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Six gimme’s every year for the Pats. It’s the shittest division out there. Must be great to know you have so many games in the bag before the season starts. They do have to play others too, let’s see...the Redskins🙄

9 Super Bowls in 18 years would have you believe they some how manage to raise their game when it counts. Just saying.

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

9 Super Bowls in 18 years would have you believe they some how manage to raise their game when it counts. Just saying.

And fully deserved, but you can’t take away the fact they have an easy division. Being pretty much guaranteed a playoff position and the experience gained from being in them every year is a big plus.

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Omg, just popped over to see your squad, you weren’t kidding...what you want for C Mac 😈 

Yeah I'm ****ed 😂

Started the season so well but I'm likely down both Kerryon and David Johnson.

If ever there was an untradeable player in fantasy, its CMC.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And fully deserved, but you can’t take away the fact they have an easy division. Being pretty much guaranteed a playoff position and the experience gained from being in them every year is a big plus.

As poor as our division is, it says more about the other 3 teams and their drafting history. The Patriots have broken them. In trying to compete with the Patriots all 3 have imploded every two or three years.

New coaches, new Q-backs, on and on. They never stick to a long term plan. Once Brady and Belichick retire we'll be back to mediocrity as well. I'll take it though for as long as we have it. Its been great to watch.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

As poor as our division is, it says more about the other 3 teams and their drafting history. The Patriots have broken them. In trying to compete with the Patriots all 3 have imploded every two or three years.

New coaches, new Q-backs, on and on. They never stick to a long term plan. Once Brady and Belichick retire we'll be back to mediocrity as well. I'll take it though for as long as we have it. Its been great to watch.

I agree with you that you’ve broken them, but no way in hell am I agreeing with you that it’s been fun to watch🤬😂

Sexton Hardcastle
On 20/10/2019 at 21:29, Peebo said:

Texans off form today, and deservedly lost. Colts look a lot better team now than they generally have the last couple of years. Will be very tight in the AFC South.

Massive game Sunday with your lot. Fully expecting Watson to throw for north of 350 and 3/4 tds but if Jacobs and Carr can keep up it might be close. Winner of that will be looking pretty good for a wildcard place.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Massive game Sunday with your lot. Fully expecting Watson to throw for north of 350 and 3/4 tds but if Jacobs and Carr can keep up it might be close. Winner of that will be looking pretty good for a wildcard place.

43381D49-453C-4FEF-9C08-5E65DA9107F6.gif

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I agree with you that you’ve broken them, but no way in hell am I agreeing with you that it’s been fun to watch🤬😂

Maybe the Colts could beat them for a change.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe the Colts could beat them for a change.

Cheers ri, was in positive state of mind, but suddenly feel so deflated😞

21 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And likely no DJ this week now.

Great...

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Suspect it will be closer than the bookies suggest, but I fancy us to do it. Had some pretty tough road games this season and this is the sort of game we have to win to win the division. Again. Regardless, wildcard race will go down to the wire, I think. 

Sexton Hardcastle
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Suspect it will be closer than the bookies suggest, but I fancy us to do it. Had some pretty tough road games this season and this is the sort of game we have to win to win the division. Again. Regardless, wildcard race will go down to the wire, I think. 

The Bills have pretty much got one of them sown up. Winner of this will be looking very healthy. Unless the Steelers come good in the second half of the season.

Interesting to see who takes a punt on Gordon now. A lot of time stashed on people’s fantasy teams with not much back. Explains the rash second rounder for Sanu.

16 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The Bills have pretty much got one of them sown up. Winner of this will be looking very healthy. Unless the Steelers come good in the second half of the season. 

While the Bills record is obviously excellent, they haven’t really beaten anyone too decent. Of course, as above, you can only beat what’s in front of you, but they will schedule looks a bit harder from now on. Had to laugh at the weekend when some of the pundits were saying they were the clear challengers to the Pats in the AFC overall. 

Sexton Hardcastle
30 minutes ago, Peebo said:

While the Bills record is obviously excellent, they haven’t really beaten anyone too decent. Of course, as above, you can only beat what’s in front of you, but they will schedule looks a bit harder from now on. Had to laugh at the weekend when some of the pundits were saying they were the clear challengers to the Pats in the AFC overall. 

Agree with the majority of that but they fortunately still have games against redskins, dolphins, jets and Broncos. 9 wins total will almost certainly get a wild card in the AFC.

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Agree with the majority of that but they fortunately still have games against redskins, dolphins, jets and Broncos. 9 wins total will almost certainly get a wild card in the AFC.

Must be up there one as one of the easiest schedules in recent memory! 

Sexton Hardcastle

Underwhelming Vikings last night. Thought they would put up big numbers.

Haskins hung out to dry again. Feel pretty bad on the kid and more awful management.

Captain Sausage

Got tickets for Jags Texans next week. 

Massive game for us (Houston) , hopefully a win tonight against the Raiders but whatever happens, next week will be tough. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Got tickets for Jags Texans next week. 

Massive game for us (Houston) , hopefully a win tonight against the Raiders but whatever happens, next week will be tough. 

Pretty confident we will do it tonight. Next week’s game will definitely be tough. AFC South will be extremely tight - can’t be many divisions with as many collective wins across the 4 teams. Not the usual joke division this season, it seems. 

Didn’t realise that that psychotic piece of shit Incognito played for the Raiders. Get it RIGHT up him.

Watson is ****ing amazing. 

Sexton Hardcastle
9 hours ago, Peebo said:

Didn’t realise that that psychotic piece of shit Incognito played for the Raiders. Get it RIGHT up him.

Watson is ****ing amazing. 

If it wasn’t for some dubious flags the raiders could have had that. That and the bad drop by Williams.

Good run of games coming up now and beat the lions and chargers at home and the playoffs could be possible. Any losses and it’s curtains.

Watson was impressive again last night. Won’t go much further than one and done with that defence and Watt now gone for the year.

Looking like a 60+ point defeat in the idp, least getting hammered means I’m slightly less annoyed with myself for not seeing Matt Ryan was injured

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

If it wasn’t for some dubious flags the raiders could have had that. That and the bad drop by Williams.

Good run of games coming up now and beat the lions and chargers at home and the playoffs could be possible. Any losses and it’s curtains.

Watson was impressive again last night. Won’t go much further than one and done with that defence and Watt now gone for the year.

The TD where he got kicked in the eye was incredible. Definitely some dubious calls. Made a change for the Texans to be on the right side of the shite NFL officiating. 

Texans had avoided the usual catastrophic injuries so far, but inevitably has caught up now. Defence was seriously weakened yesterday, but still pulled it off.

Raiders are the running, no doubt about that. Could end up with two AFC South teams in the wild card slots. Doubt many would have expected either this season. 

Sexton Hardcastle
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Chance have you got when your opponent puts up 175 points :lol:

125 points required from Rudolph, JuJu and Steelers D!

No idea how I got Hill and Coleman as free pick ups still.

17 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

No idea how I got Hill and Coleman as free pick ups still.

You nabbed Hill just before me. I managed to grab Gordon though, which was another crazy drop.

Not much help this week mind you :lol:

luckyBatistuta

I give up in the KB league. A decent team on paper, but all the star players I’ve got have done f all this season. Decided i’ve had enough and need a change and desperation setting in. I then drop a player, some might call a dud (only for some might to then pick them up😜). The said dud then has his best score of the season and then followed by my one win (now 2🤬) opponent having his teams best overall score of the season. %#%## hate fantasy football😂

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I give up in the KB league. A decent team on paper, but all the star players I’ve got have done f all this season. Decided i’ve had enough and need a change and desperation setting in. I then drop a player, some might call a dud (only for some might to then pick them up😜). The said dud then has his best score of the season and then followed by my one win (now 2🤬) opponent having his teams best overall score of the season. %#%## hate fantasy football😂

Similar week to mine. Dropped Miles Sanders as he'd done F all this season. Went for Kenyan Drake as I figured he'd he traded, hopefully to someone decent. Sanders is picked up by my opponent, scored his first TD of the season, scores a really big score, I get beat, and Drake ends up at the flippin Cardinals 😂

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

Similar week to mine. Dropped Miles Sanders as he'd done F all this season. Went for Kenyan Drake as I figured he'd he traded, hopefully to someone decent. Sanders is picked up by my opponent, scored his first TD of the season, scores a really big score, I get beat, and Drake ends up at the flippin Cardinals 😂

I’ve got Drake in the dynasty and just glad he’s anywhere other than the Dolphins.

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:yas:

19 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Chance have you got when your opponent puts up 175 points :lol:

125 points required from Rudolph, JuJu and Steelers D!

Not as bad as putting up 174 points (without a QB) and still losing by 72 points!!

This week has seen me drop from 2nd in the league to 6th

Edited by Ribble

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Not as bad as putting up 174 points (without a QB) and still losing by 72 points!!

This week has seen me drop from 2nd in the league to 6th

Sometimes you have to just hold your hands up at getting a pumping!

The IDP league will go to the wire. Both divisions are crazy tight.