**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Very true I suppose. I just keep thinking how good they would be with Amari Cooper in it. Patriots dont have any real flying machines I suppose and it seems to work alright for them

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

50 minutes ago, daftie said:

Very true I suppose. I just keep thinking how good they would be with Amari Cooper in it. Patriots dont have any real flying machines I suppose and it seems to work alright for them

I think as fans we all want that elite receiver as it's a flashy position but recent history suggests they are a luxury, not a requirement to win the super bowl.

Just my opinion of course.

As posts hundred of pages ago on this thread will attest, I never bought into the Kaepernick hype. However, it’s an absolute nonsense that he’s sitting out another season unemployed while we have a game with Hoyer and Fitzpatrick playing at QB. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Only positive thing from it is the raiders edge a little closer to the wildcards with the tie breaker.

Vinitieri needs to hang them up. Guys a liability these days. 

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Only positive thing from it is the raiders edge a little closer to the wildcards with the tie breaker.

Vinitieri needs to hang them up. Guys a liability these days. 

Only positive thing? I begin to differ 👍🏻

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Only positive thing? I begin to differ 👍🏻

Texans a stick on for the division which now kills my season bet. After the jets and falcons got good wins to make it look possible it is now shattered.

Could see a rematch of a 2016 wild card. Just hope Carr is healthy to play and give half a chance.

48 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Dolphins on a win streak, playoffs baby! :lol:

Can't even tank properly :lol:

Keep it up and the chances of a top 2 QB will be at risk. Plus side, those in and around the first few picks won't be after a QB bar the Bengals.

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Keep it up and the chances of a top 2 QB will be at risk. Plus side, those in and around the first few picks won't be after a QB bar the Bengals.

I know, watched the last drive in the game torn between wanting another win and hoping that the Colts scored the TD to keep the tank on track. Can't account for Hoyer being shit though :lol:

Nobody's out-tanking the Bungles this year though, they're terrible.

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Recent history tells us you often do well to miss out on the first QB taken.

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've be been in hospital for a few weeks and offline, wtf happened with Dalton? 

10 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I know, watched the last drive in the game torn between wanting another win and hoping that the Colts scored the TD to keep the tank on track. Can't account for Hoyer being shit though :lol:

Nobody's out-tanking the Bungles this year though, they're terrible.

tbf the early interception in the Endzone was unreal , he wasn’t even close to him when the colt caught it yet ripped it out before he hit the ground. If that had been a household name making that play they’d of been hailing at as one of best plays of the season

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

I've be been in hospital for a few weeks and offline, wtf happened with Dalton? 

He was selected by the Bengals 

Hope you are doing alright now BigC:fing10:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He was selected by the Bengals 

Hope you are doing alright now BigC:fing10:

Ha  you're not wrong, iits not as if they are full of top players!

lomg recovery ahead but getting stronger everyday thanks

10 hours ago, sadj said:

tbf the early interception in the Endzone was unreal , he wasn’t even close to him when the colt caught it yet ripped it out before he hit the ground. If that had been a household name making that play they’d of been hailing at as one of best plays of the season

Yeah, was a great play by him. Commentators seemed more interested in saying they thought it was a touchdown, than complimenting the play he made to rip the ball out.

44 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Ritchie Incognito and Burfict suddenly look like angles.

Wild scenes and should be gone from the league.

I vaguely recall someone swinging Incognito’s helmet (oo-er) at him. Unfortunately, I don’t think  he connected. 

Just watched the full game, absolutely crazy scenes at the end. Definitely looked like rudolph tried to rip garrett's helmet off first (matron etc) but obviously doesn't excuse what happened after. Long ban surely. Lucky rudolph wasn't seriously hurt. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Be more than just Garrett getting banned. Steelers oline men booting him in the deck and even Rudolph could face a ban.

Delicious result for the raiders wild card route.

42 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Be more than just Garrett getting banned. Steelers oline men booting him in the deck and even Rudolph could face a ban.

Delicious result for the raiders wild card route.

Those two OL should definitely be banned, one kicked Garrett in the head!

I think it'll be Rudolph fined heavily with 3 long bans for Garrett and the 2 OL.

Pouncey will definitely be another other one. Was proper laying into him as he was on the ground. Not sure about anyone else. 

luckyBatistuta

Never seen anything like that before, madness. Didn’t realise at first that he did actually make contact with the helmet on Rudolph. That will be one seriously long ban for Garrett. Pouncey must also get one too, watching him was like watching the idiots up the town on a Saturday night.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Garrett indefinitely suspended, and until the end of season at least. Pouncey suspended for 3 games, and Ogunjobi for 1 game. Rudolph also fined for his part in it (trying to rip off Garrett's helmet at the beginning of it all)

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Garrett indefinitely suspended, and until the end of season at least. Pouncey suspended for 3 games, and Ogunjobi for 1 game. Rudolph also fined for his part in it (trying to rip off Garrett's helmet at the beginning of it all)

Not surprised by the Garrett suspension, but thought Pouncey might have got more. His actions were like something you would see from some drunken lout up the town on a Saturday night.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not surprised by the Garrett suspension, but thought Pouncey might have got more. His actions were like something you would see from some drunken lout up the town on a Saturday night.

Nonsense. Someone does that to your mate. You're having him. Well done Pouncey.

I see Samuel L Jackson playing they usual card.

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nonsense. Someone does that to your mate. You're having him. Well done Pouncey.

I see Samuel L Jackson playing they usual card.

Nonsense, aye right. He’s on the playing field, you have to control yourself. Myles Garrett is 100% out of order for doing what he did, but to say that you think that it’s then acceptable for a teammate to throw half a dozen punches at him and kick him when he’s on the ground...now that’s nonsense.

luckyBatistuta

Nate Burleson saying that Mason Rudolph should never have tried to get his helmet back and should have walked away. I’m not even remotely surprised that he’s coming out with this.

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nate Burleson saying that Mason Rudolph should never have tried to get his helmet back and should have walked away. I’m not even remotely surprised that he’s coming out with this.

Mason Rudolph shouldn't have tried to rip Garrett's helmet off in the first place...

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Mason Rudolph shouldn't have tried to rip Garrett's helmet off in the first place...

Yup, that’s what triggered it all off in the first place, but that doesn’t excuse Garrett and Pouncey from their ridiculous actions afterwards.

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, that’s what triggered it all off in the first place, but that doesn’t excuse Garrett and Pouncey from their ridiculous actions afterwards.

All about proportion, right? 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Absolutely not. Still, Rudolph is definitely not the innocent party in all of this that some in the media appear to be making out.

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hopefully he doesn’t get suspended as he is utterly rotten.

Long evening of college football on the cards.

I am surprised one of his team mates didn't banjo him first.He was hopeless.😁

Edited by willie wallace

Sexton Hardcastle
1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

Sounds like a bad hip injury, which will likely end his season at least. Always the risk (injury) in #TankforTua

Could be worse going by the early feedback.

Rotten stuff and Saban has to take some of the flak. 

39 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Watson playing like Mayfield today. Can’t recall seeing the Texans play so badly, and that’s saying something! 

i just switched it on as Edwards jogged in there 😂 If thats been indicative of the Houstons all game then jesus h christ!!! (Thats from a Phinfan)

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

i just switched it on as Edwards jogged in there 😂 If thats been indicative of the Houstons all game then jesus h christ!!! (Thats from a Phinfan)

Not really - that was particularly bad with various injuries in the secondary, and the game absolutely over. But yes, we were terrible. So terrible, I can’t even complain about the awful non-call on PI on Hopkins early doors at 0-0. 

Thank **** I can now go back to Gamepass coverage next week. That Reynolds is a ****ing clueless prick. And what’s with the “Zeke” this, “Zeke” that chat from him. Utterly cringeworthy. He’s not your mate. Just call him “Elliott”! 

Edited by Peebo

4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Not really - that was particularly bad with various injuries in the secondary, and the game absolutely over. But yes, we were terrible. So terrible, I can’t even complain about the awful non-call on PI on Hopkins early doors at 0-0. 

Thank **** I can now go back to Gamepass coverage next week. That Reynolds is a ****ing clueless prick. And what’s with the “Zeke” this, “Zeke” that chat from him. Utterly cringeworthy. He’s not your mate. Just call him “Elliott”! 

I pretty much just fire on redzone , Reynolds is a dolphin fan and its embarrassing. never used gamepass , always use mlbtv for the Bosox is it as decent as that? I far prefer American Sports commentary

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I pretty much just fire on redzone , Reynolds is a dolphin fan and its embarrassing. never used gamepass , always use mlbtv for the Bosox is it as decent as that? I far prefer American Sports commentary

Never used MLBtv so cant compare. But I watch all the Texans games on Gamepass (unless blacked out). Sky’s coverage is ****ing dreadful. Gamepass is OK, but don’t get the full US tv coverage, which I really miss. Used to love watch NFL all day on Sundays, grilling and drinking in the sun in between the action.