• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Some trick play there by the Dolphins. Never seen that before.

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

The beauty of being so shit that most games are meaningless is the ability to try stuff like that. 

You can see some passion and fun coming back to Phins fans with stuff like that though. Flores is looking like a good choice to rebuild. To be even looking at and 4-12 with the teams weve played and the drubbings early with a roster ripped apart is getting me thinking a few years from now we might actually win games well again instead of edging games and being boring.

3 hours ago, Peebo said:

Another very pleasing win for the Texans .

Superb. I really don't think the Pats have the offense to win the SB this year, they are far too reliant on their D.

Re the playoffs, the NFL get a lot right but one of the things they get wrong is giving home ties to division winners.

There's no way any NFC East team deserves a home tie over the 49ers or the Vikings (as it stands).

It should be overall record over division winners.

Wish I’d realised the irony league has moved into the payoffs before I spent half an hour sorting my team for this week, on the upside I won the AFC So I’ve got a bye this week!

18 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Re the playoffs, the NFL get a lot right but one of the things they get wrong is giving home ties to division winners.

There's no way any NFC East team deserves a home tie over the 49ers or the Vikings (as it stands).

Boohoo. If that's the case, the AFC should've been banned from the play offs, during the 80s and 90s.

18 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Tell me! Which division has the most superbowl wins in the NFL? 

20 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The structure of the NFL will always mean there is disparity in fixtures. There is no perfect system. Certainly not the case with the NFC East, but winning a division with a poorer record than another division winning team could mean you’ve made it out of a tougher division. 

Strength of schedule is also a factor your suggestion ignores. Right now, I’m not sure the Bill would deserve to be seeded ahead of the Texans or Chiefs, for example. 

Edited by Peebo

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

The structure of the NFL will always mean there is disparity in fixtures. There is no perfect system. Certainly not the case with the NFC East, but winning a division with a poorer record than another division winning team could mean you’ve made it out of a tougher division. 

Strength of schedule is also a factor your suggestion ignores. Right now, I’m not sure the Bill would deserve to be seeded ahead of the Texans or Chiefs, for example. 

All perfectly valid points. Of course, with the unique set up in the NFL it means there'll always be discrepancies here and there whichever way it's sliced.

I'm still of the opinion that better record should come before winning your division though.

Fanciful but I'm sure there could be some formula that could take SoS into consideration too. A power rankings of such but not just randomly chosen by Colin Cowherd :lol:

****ing Jets 😤

On 05/12/2019 at 07:48, hmfc_liam06 said:

All perfectly valid points. Of course, with the unique set up in the NFL it means there'll always be discrepancies here and there whichever way it's sliced.

I'm still of the opinion that better record should come before winning your division though.

Fanciful but I'm sure there could be some formula that could take SoS into consideration too. A power rankings of such but not just randomly chosen by Colin Cowherd :lol:

Bills should never be seeded , they should always be made to forfeit games...Arseholes

1 hour ago, BigCGilmour said:

Houston🙈🤠💀🤠💀🙈🙈

Quite unbelievably bad. The defence looked like they were actually asleep in the first half. Amazing how we can come off the last two wins, then play like that. But there is always the potential for that in the NFL. 

All down to the two games v the Titans...

The Ravens will take some moving. Rematch with the 49ers looks on the cards for the Superbowl.

The Redskins have at least improved. A bit late, but...

Sexton Hardcastle

Didn’t think much of the niners before last night but now see them as the team to beat. Think they could go all the way.

Rotten from the raiders but above expectations for the season at least having meaningful games in December. 

Pleasing to see the Patriot fans booing them off at the half. The most spoilt fans in the game.

alwaysthereinspirit
53 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Didn’t think much of the niners before last night but now see them as the team to beat. Think they could go all the way.

Rotten from the raiders but above expectations for the season at least having meaningful games in December. 

Pleasing to see the Patriot fans booing them off at the half. The most spoilt fans in the game.

🤮

luckyBatistuta
24 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That Rivers rant video is superb.

Not seen it, he’s had a few. Don’t know why they keep talking him up as a HoF on NFL Network🤷🏼‍♂️

Sexton Hardcastle
32 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not seen it, he’s had a few. Don’t know why they keep talking him up as a HoF on NFL Network🤷🏼‍♂️

17 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

haha been quite a few years where I'ds have been wearing that too, thankfully I've made it as far as the semi's at least in the JKB IDP league this year despite only really having one elite WR/RB and even he's missed half the season. 

Luckily out of my starters at TE, K, CB, S, DE, DT and LB I've only got 1 player that is ranked outside the top 20 for their position with quite a few inside the top 10

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

haha been quite a few years where I'ds have been wearing that too, thankfully I've made it as far as the semi's at least in the JKB IDP league this year despite only really having one elite WR/RB and even he's missed half the season. 

Luckily out of my starters at TE, K, CB, S, DE, DT and LB I've only got 1 player that is ranked outside the top 20 for their position with quite a few inside the top 10

That's good going.

In a league as deep as that one it's about having consistent players over elite players. I was far too hit or miss this year and paid the price.

15 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That's good going.

In a league as deep as that one it's about having consistent players over elite players. I was far too hit or miss this year and paid the price.

Yeah, leaves me in a decent position for the draft where my immediate needs are pretty much just wr/rb

Disaster at TE in the dynasty league. Kept out Andrews on Thursday given his status was "give it a go". He then scores 15. Planned on starting Njoku against the Cardinals and he's a healthy scratch!

Sexton Hardcastle

The most Oakland ending ever.

Has to be one massive changes to make LV successful and not flop like the chargers. Vegas market doesn’t do losers.

Sexton Hardcastle

Crazy finish for Atlanta.

Niners are going to a brutal low seed in the playoffs. That final game vs Seattle will be superb.

Decent week in the IDP league see's me through to the Final! Yet again most of my RB's and WR's were poor (with the exception of Hill) but defence rescued me yet again!

1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

The semi final matchup had me 1% projected to win after the 6pm games. Step up Kenyan Drake 😁

Here we go, 2 in a row... 😂

I've had a shocker in the re-draft league. I need to stop experimenting so much in that league 😂

luckyBatistuta

What a clown, read that Jordan Howard May be back, so dropped Miles Sanders to the bench and took Darius Slayton against the Dolphins🤪 only goes and scores 35pts and 39pts for Drake sitting on my bench too🤯

Liams two headed monster strikes again though with Jackson and CMac. If they two turn it on, you’re in trouble right from the off.

Sorry to all the AFC guys...about time those NFC bridesmaids stepped up and won a title🤣

Anyway, good luck in the final lads👏👏👏😊

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
15 hours ago, Kendoll said:

The semi final matchup had me 1% projected to win after the 6pm games. Step up Kenyan Drake 😁

Here we go, 2 in a row... 😂

Never done the double though

5EF80298-934A-4516-BC4C-C03A3F53F63E.gif

5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

What a clown, read that Jordan Howard May be back, so dropped Miles Sanders to the bench and took Darius Slayton against the Dolphins🤪 only goes and scores 35pts and 39pts for Drake sitting on my bench too🤯

Liams two headed monster strikes again though with Jackson and CMac. If they two turn it on, you’re in trouble right from the off.

Sorry to all the AFC guys...about time those NFC bridesmaids stepped up and won a title🤣

Anyway, good luck in the final lads👏👏👏😊

You're spot on to be fair. I'm amazed I've made the playoffs never mind the final given DJ looks to be done and then I lost Kerryon too, throw in a fairly "meh" receiving group.

If I look back my losses this season it'll either be because I've on the end of a great opponent score or CMC hasn't scored well (rare).

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You're spot on to be fair. I'm amazed I've made the playoffs never mind the final given DJ looks to be done and then I lost Kerryon too, throw in a fairly "meh" receiving group.

If I look back my losses this season it'll either be because I've on the end of a great opponent score or CMC hasn't scored well (rare).

He’s in incredible, you no they are going to feed him the ball, but you still can’t stop him, a brilliant player.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He’s in incredible, you no they are going to feed him the ball, but you still can’t stop him, a brilliant player.

Yeah he's easily the most dangerous offensive weapon in the NFL. I love watching him. Michael Thomas is up there too for me as well.

I had a look at my losses after my post earlier. 2 of the 5 were CMC bye week and him scoring 7. The other 3 were against the top scorers that week :lol:

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah he's easily the most dangerous offensive weapon in the NFL. I love watching him. Michael Thomas is up there too for me as well.

I had a look at my losses after my post earlier. 2 of the 5 were CMC bye week and him scoring 7. The other 3 were against the top scorers that week :lol:

I was one of those three, with a score of 180 with my QB’s contributing 63 of those points. Against you in the playoffs, my QB’s scored a combined total of :lolpoint:26pts

Edited by luckyBatistuta

56 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I was one of those three, with a score of 180 with my QB’s contributing 63 of those points. Against you in the playoffs, my QB’s scored a combined total of :lolpoint:26pts

You were :lol:

QB's are massive in this league, which I love as it brings them back into proper relevance.

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Saturday football this week. 

Can’t beat this time of year with all the bowl games starting as well.

Can’t recall how it’s worked previously for these Saturday games but hopefully the Texans game isn’t blacked out in Gamepass. I can’t suffer another week of the sky coverage.