**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sexton Hardcastle
12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

No doubt the Redskins beat us this weekend...

Love being a Lions fan.

:seething:

Hope so.

Giants finishing bottom of that division looks to be the only piece missing for an 8k season bet.

They play the giants in a few weeks but would need a massive win for the h2g. 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
On 17/11/2019 at 21:09, Peebo said:

Never used MLBtv so cant compare. But I watch all the Texans games on Gamepass (unless blacked out). Sky’s coverage is ****ing dreadful. Gamepass is OK, but don’t get the full US tv coverage, which I really miss. Used to love watch NFL all day on Sundays, grilling and drinking in the sun in between the action. 

I miss most of the games live as I’m still at work, but the first thing I do when I come through the door is watch the Colts game. If it comes up that it’s the blacked out game, I just pop on my VPN and choose somewhere else in Europe and it plays. If you don’t have a VPN, then you could pick one up cheap as chips. You could also use it whenever you are back in the States if you want to watch football back here👍

5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I miss most of the games live as I’m still at work, but the first thing I do when I come through the door is watch the Colts game. If it comes up that it’s the blacked out game, I just pop on my VPN and choose somewhere else in Europe and it plays. If you don’t have a VPN, then you could pick one up cheap as chips. You could also use it whenever you are back in the States if you want to watch football back here👍

Yeah, I’ve used a VPN in the past, but always found it a bit of a faff. 

No need for one when in the US, as every English Premiership game is live on free to air (and I never watch anyway!) and I’ve used Bleacher Report Live for a couple of hearts games which is cheap and works well. 

Sexton Hardcastle
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Pods🤬🤬🤬

That’s your two highest scores of the season so far, both against me🤬🤬🤬

😭

This the Fleaflicker one?

Amazed I win anything given the state of my qbs. Expected to go winless but somehow won a few. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Amazed I win anything given the state of my qbs. Expected to go winless but somehow won a few. 

Yeah, the dynasty league. The playoff positions are still wide open with 3 weeks left...only 3 weeks, already😞

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Just noticed that a 3 point win this week has put me top of the AFC in this, matchups must have been kind to me as 5 teams in the league have put up more points than me!

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Just noticed that a 3 point win this week has put me top of the AFC in this, matchups must have been kind to me as 5 teams in the league have put up more points than me!

There's a couple leagues going, dont think you're in the one being mentioned.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There's a couple leagues going, dont think you're in the one being mentioned.

ah, sorry meant the idp one

Sexton Hardcastle

Massive game tonight and hoping the Colts can do enough.

Thanksgiving slate a week today. Scored the Friday off work so can settle in for 10 odd hours of football.

Lions Bears

Cowboys Bills

Falcons Saints

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Massive game tonight and hoping the Colts can do enough.

Thanksgiving slate a week today. Scored the Friday off work so can settle in for 10 odd hours of football.

Lions Bears

Cowboys Bills

Falcons Saints

‘Should be a good day, I’ll also be watching, as I take it off every year. Hoping Colts can pull it off tonight, looks like Hilton is going to make it.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

And how that late fumble wasn’t properly reviewed is baffling. Standard nfl officiating.

Ridiculous officiating, the ball was clearly fumbled and inside the last two minutes and yet no review. If it had been reviewed and determined that Leonard had recovered, we would have still had 50 seconds and a timeout to get a field goal to tie the game. 

Maybe they were afraid of these guys

FA848A45-CC42-498F-B099-77033ACD3DAA.jpeg

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Yes, did look like a fumble. At least one absolutely honking decision (or non-decision) per game now seems to be the norm, at least for the Texans games I’ve watched this reason. 

12 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That roughing the passer call on Hurst is the worst call I’ve seen this year.

Incredibly bad.

Did he not fling a leg out when on the ground?

J.T.F.Robertson

I've always "disliked" the Cowboys but that phantom tripping call on them was complete horseshit. No surprise the beneficiary of it right enough.

8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I've always "disliked" the Cowboys but that phantom tripping call on them was complete horseshit. No surprise the beneficiary of it right enough.

A horrible game, in horrible conditions contested by two horrible teams.

Yes, the Ravens are in incredible form. Peaking too early, I suspect. Same with the 49ers. One of them will lose this weekend...

30 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Yes, the Ravens are in incredible form. Peaking too early, I suspect. Same with the 49ers. One of them will lose this weekend...

I've got a sneaky suspicion it'll be the Seahawks representing the NFC this season.

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Jackson was incredible again, but can’t help thinking he’s going to get injured the way he plays.

That team is designed around Jackson and his skills, should he get hurt no other QB can run the game the same way as he does. Unless he stays 100% healthy they are not Super Bowl contenders.

Barring injuries they have proven that they are a team to be reckoned with.

NFL tells Cowboys two tripping penalties were bad calls.

A lot of good it'll do them now.

Bad calls aside they shot themselves in the foot on numerous occasions and it's going to cost Jason Garrett his job.

Botched punt, muffed kickoff receptions, delay of game etc.

Jerry Jones is pissed off and someone is going to pay.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Boston Jambo said:

That team is designed around Jackson and his skills, should he get hurt no other QB can run the game the same way as he does. Unless he stays 100% healthy they are not Super Bowl contenders.

Barring injuries they have proven that they are a team to be reckoned with.

Definitely, their running backs are all working well, a solid TE in Andrews, Hollywood who can take it to the house on any given play and that defense is bringing it every week as well. The swagger that Jackson shows out on the field is unbelievable, but that could possibly be his downfield in the biggest of moments.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Boston Jambo said:

NFL tells Cowboys two tripping penalties were bad calls.

A lot of good it'll do them now.

Bad calls aside they shot themselves in the foot on numerous occasions and it's going to cost Jason Garrett his job.

Botched punt, muffed kickoff receptions, delay of game etc.

Jerry Jones is pissed off and someone is going to pay.

Two bad calls against them in one game🙀...who were they playing at the time🤔

On 26/11/2019 at 13:10, luckyBatistuta said:

Two bad calls against them in one game🙀...who were they playing at the time🤔

Two really bad calls, that's a fact.

Another fact is that the NFL wants parity, not dynasties.

The NFL does not favor the Patriots dynasty when that's the last thing they want.

Making calls in favor of the Patriots goes against goes against the leagues wants.

It doesn't make sense that they would assist a dynasty when that's the last thing they want.

I see a lot of bad calls in most games, and if one goes looking for a pattern/ conspiracy favoring one team while ignoring calls against them it's easy enough to find one.

11 hours ago, Boston Jambo said:

Two really bad calls, that's a fact.

Another fact is that the NFL wants parity, not dynasties.

The NFL does not favor the Patriots dynasty when that's the last thing they want.

Making calls in favor of the Patriots goes against goes against the leagues wants.

It doesn't make sense that they would assist a dynasty when that's the last thing they want.

I see a lot of bad calls in most games, and if one goes looking for a pattern/ conspiracy favoring one team while ignoring calls against them it's easy enough to find one.

Sure, Gerry!

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Could be one of the worst qb matchups of all time today.

Going big on def/special teams anytime td.

Yeah it's going to be a blood bath, still not sure who'll be the worst QB on show tonight :lol:

9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Could be one of the worst qb matchups of all time today.

Going big on def/special teams anytime td.

Pretty sure Hoyer was up against Fitzpatrick recently. Can already confidently say this Detroit guy we’ll be much less shit than both of them. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Much better than expected.

This should be decent as well. Cowboys win makes the AFC playoffs a little more open. BillS win and they are a stick on.

Sexton Hardcastle

Yeah impressive but also incredible Dallas haven’t beaten anyone with a winning record yet. That division is just dreadful for the hype it gets.

Think Ridley will go big with no Julio. 2/2 on the bets so far.