• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Incredible. Got to appreciate that belief/mindset or just pure skill.

hope viks or eagles do them.

Well at least I’m fully behind one team come Super Bowl night....ABP!!!

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Patriots are very, very special.

How did they manage that?

The usual, they'll have done something with the ball or doped the water supply for the jags.

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The usual, they'll have done something with the ball or doped the water supply for the jags.

Or they just work harder, have the best Coach the game has ever seen and the greatest QB ever.....might be that.

chuck berrys hairline
23 minutes ago, Cade said:

Anybody got a stream link for vikings/eagles  game?

try sportstream.tv

Vikings :(

Losing to a team in green and white :seething:

Oh well, If it was a straight choice between them winning this or us beating Hibs today it's no contest anyway.

FTH!

Everyone remembers what I said about the Eagles at the beginning of the playoffs, right?

Who knows if they can hold up against the Brady Bunch. For a million reasons I hope so.

Uggg. This is not going to be an enjoyable SuperBowl. Patriots or Eagles, its like a Celtic v Hibs Cup Final. And for that reason I'll be drinking and hoping the former do the business as the expected scenario. The Eagles winning is a total no no, with their completely classless fans. Worst case scenario tonight was hoping the Vikings performed and then with home field produced a miracle against B+B.

11 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Uggg. This is not going to be an enjoyable SuperBowl. Patriots or Eagles, its like a Celtic v Hibs Cup Final. And for that reason I'll be drinking and hoping the former do the business as the expected scenario. The Eagles winning is a total no no, with their completely classless fans. Worst case scenario tonight was hoping the Vikings performed and then with home field produced a miracle against B+B.

:oohmatron:

16 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Everyone remembers what I said about the Eagles at the beginning of the playoffs, right?

Who knows if they can hold up against the Brady Bunch. For a million reasons I hope so.

:jj:

On 13/01/2018 at 23:11, hmfc_liam06 said:

Foles is stinking! Think the Eagles can forget the Super Bowl with him at QB.

Just felt like pulling this up again Liam :jj:

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

:laugh: looking forward to his reply, but don’t when that’ll be, as he’s off gallivanting. 

It pains me to support any team wearing those colours, but your up against the pats, so good luck and I hope you win.

8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:laugh: looking forward to his reply, but don’t when that’ll be, as he’s off gallivanting. 

It pains me to support any team wearing those colours, but your up against the pats, so good luck and I hope you win.

Colours only bother me when hibs wear them..

SuperBowl baby

Craig Gordons Gloves

What a comparison from last weeks high to this weeks low. Eagles were by far the better team sadly and the Vikings D just didn’t show up tonight at all, shame given how fantastic they’ve been all season. 

Not all that bothered by the Super Bowl now tbh even though it’s just down the road. Still watch obviously but not fussed about who wins. 

4 hours ago, Gards said:

Or they just work harder, have the best Coach the game has ever seen and the greatest QB ever.....might be that.

Nah, I was right the first time.

Feck it go Eagles. I've just been sick.

4 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Haha my first thought when I seen the score this morning :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle

Going to be a torrid two weeks of hearing about London’s Ajayi and how he loves his British fans. Neil Reynolds will have a constant hard on.

that and him chugging over Brady.

alwaysthereinspirit

Probably another midnight run to Dicks Sporting Goods February 4th to pick up my Super Bowl winning attire for work the next day.

My truck can pretty much make the trip unassisted now. Ho Hum.

18 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Probably another midnight run to Dicks Sporting Goods February 4th to pick up my Super Bowl winning attire for work the next day.

My truck can pretty much make the trip unassisted now. Ho Hum.

Sorry mate but I've backed the Patriots to win now.

If you've kept up with my predictions throughout the playoffs, you'll know the Pats are doomed!

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If you've kept up with my predictions throughout the playoffs, you'll know the Pats are doomed!

Pleeeeaaase. I was one for four last week and had an o for 2 this weekend with the points spread. I'd be the last person to give someone grief for poor picks.

Patriots will be favoured by around 5/6 points and more than half the country will be hoping they fail. Not as many as would normally love to see them fall.

The only difference this year is how much the Eagles are hated in three huge populated areas. Washington, New York (Giants) and Dallas.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Pleeeeaaase. I was one for three last week and had an o for 2 this weekend with the points spread. I'd be the last person to give someone grief for poor picks.

Patriots will be favoured by around 5/6 points and more than half the country will be hoping they fail. Not as many as would normally love to see them fall.

The only difference this year is how much the Eagles are hated in three huge populated areas. Washington, New York (Giants) and Dallas.

I don't mind the Eagles myself.

It's funny the outrage from the Eagles mocking the Vikings with the Skol chant. Something part and parcel of "soccer" matches across the world, even us with the 22 in a row chant on Sunday but it seems it's unacceptable in America?

Seems they were "pwopa nawty" pre-match though which is a bit out of order.

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Apologies bud, but hope you lose that bet

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't mind the Eagles myself.

It's funny the outrage from the Eagles mocking the Vikings with the Skol chant. Something part and parcel of "soccer" matches across the world, even us with the 22 in a row chant on Sunday but it seems it's unacceptable in America?

Seems they were "pwopa nawty" pre-match though which is a bit out of order.

What happened, not had a chance to keep up with much NFL over the last few days.

26 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Apologies bud, but hope you lose that bet

What happened, not had a chance to keep up with much NFL over the last few days.

Apparently they were throwing bottles at the Vikings fans.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Apparently they were throwing bottles at the Vikings fans.

Wish I hadn’t asked now, if that’s true, don’t really want fans like that getting the joy of a Super Bowl win. Hopefully it was a very, very small minority if it is, or maybe the Viks fans are just making stuff up to get back at the Eagles and detract from the fact their team got gubbed, bit like the hobos really.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Wish I hadn’t asked now, if that’s true, don’t really want fans like that getting the joy of a Super Bowl win. Hopefully it was a very, very small minority if it is, or maybe the Viks fans are just making stuff up to get back at the Eagles and detract from the fact their team got gubbed, bit like the hobos really.

I’ve not seen the footage but there is some out there, definitely happened (confirmed by an Eagles fan).

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I’ve not seen the footage but there is some out there, definitely happened (confirmed by an Eagles fan).

Off to do a bit of googling now :thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Think of the nastiest, scummiest OF fans you've seen. That is some Eagles fans. They are disgusting. There will definitely be trouble next week at the Mall of America.

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Think of the nastiest, scummiest OF fans you've seen. That is some Eagles fans. They are disgusting. There will definitely be trouble next week at the Mall of America.

Just watched about half a dozen videos of them attacking Viks fans and their  team bus and that isn’t just a small minority of folk doing it either, women too. Total scumbags, the intimidation of the Viks fans on the way to the game is disgusting.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just watched about half a dozen videos of them attacking Viks fans and their  team bus and that isn’t just a small minority of folk doing it either, women too. Total scumbags, the intimidation of the Viks fans on the way to the game is disgusting.

Jacksonville 2005 Super Bowl was gross. Spitting on people in the street from behind, starting fights with people just for wearing a Patriots shirt, throwing empty and full beer containers at people and cars. They walked around in groups. It was like a scene from the Warriors. I'm not kidding.

Must say, while I love going to NFL games, I did really miss that underlying nastiness that you get at Scottish football. Generally too lacking in intimidation and scumminess for my liking. 

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Jacksonville 2005 Super Bowl was gross. Spitting on people in the street from behind, starting fights with people just for wearing a Patriots shirt, throwing empty and full beer containers at people and cars. They walked around in groups. It was like a scene from the Warriors. I'm not kidding.

Think the Eagles and Raiders are well known for having the most arseholes in their support. As Peebo says though, the crowds in general are pretty tame compared to what anyone over the age of 30 who’s went to football in the uk regularly will have experienced. 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Think the Eagles and Raiders are well known for having the most arseholes in their support. As Peebo says though, the crowds in general are pretty tame compared to what anyone over the age of 30 who’s went to football in the uk regularly will have experienced. 

The difference right off the bat is the distance between most "rival" teams. Not many fans travel like we do in Europe. Scotland is small so road travel for the most part is easy. New England to California is close to 6 hours flying. You're just not going to have thousands of travelling fans. Most seats are held by season ticket holders so large swaths of seats are not available for visiting fans to congregate. If you do go you're pretty much on your own. All it takes is one drunk home fan and it gets awkward. Tailgating also means hours of drinking prior to entering the stadium for home fans, not travelling fans. Not always a good combination for idiots who cant handle their drink. Its just not the same as we're all used to at home. Most disturbances as always are related to drink.