**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

:interjehrling:

I've still not really made my mind up on anything past 1.3 yet.

Seen a scary amount of variance in different rookie mocks being conducted so it's hard to predict who will be where

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

I've currently got OBJ slotted in for the 1.3 in K1 though that could change

That's who I'd have in mind for 1.03 as well.

There are lots of guys I want, delighted to have 8,9 and 15 to go with the 1.02 as I know targets are going to fall to me.

What I would give for a first rounder in kb1. That ain't gonna happen though. What's your thoughts on pitta v Rudolph. Love Rudolphs upside in the new offense. Pitta is a dependable target, but will have targets eaten by Daniels

Sterling Archer

I think I'd rather have Rudolph but neither are particularly high for me

I've currently got OBJ slotted in for the 1.3 in K1 though that could change

Have you got the RSP this year? Waldman has Beckham 2nd in his WR rankings.

No worries. I haven't properly looked through it yet, just scanned it. Some lesser known guys he seems very high on though.

Sterling Archer

Kickbacks 2 Dynasty League Trade Offer Rejected

Trade Offer Rejected:

gave up:

Vick, Michael NYJ QB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Veni Vidi Vici

gave up:

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Comments: Sorry, Graham offers such a VBD advantage that I couldn't move him for this

Kaep in bother with the fuzz in Miami it seems.

Sources tell TMZ that Colin Kaepernick is being investigated for a possible sexual assault at a hotel in Miami.

Per TMZ, the alleged incident took place at the Viceroy Hotel earlier this month. The investigation is at its beginning stages and no charges have been filed against Kaepernick or anyone else. TMZ says they've reached out to both the Niners and Kaepernick's agent, but have not gotten a response from either.

Trade Offer Rejected:

gave up:

Vick, Michael NYJ QB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

gave up:

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Comments: Sorry, Graham offers such a VBD advantage that I couldn't move him for this

No matter how many times I tell him I wouldn't want to roster Vick, he still insists on offering him to me every few days :bomb2:

Poor offer. Only really the 1st is quite valuable. Eifert is decent but not hugely important, and Lynch is only a 1 year play.

Sterling Archer

It's very similar to the deal I gave for Graham in HA3 last year

Lynch Tate olsen and a 2nd

Total bargain now.

Sterling Archer

I think Graham is the most valuable player in the league, even with that salary

Sterling Archer

I can see a situation where I wouldn't too. If I couldn't field a strong lineup.

I have 12 mil in space with a strong squad. Any extra money I had from having Jeffrey instead would be useless to me.

Trade Offer Rejected:

gave up:

Vick, Michael NYJ QB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

gave up:

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Offered the same to me for gronk. Same answer.

I can see a situation where I wouldn't too. If I couldn't field a strong lineup.

I have 12 mil in space with a strong squad. Any extra money I had from having Jeffrey instead would be useless to me.

Yeah it depends on each teams cap space. In general, most teams in the league will only have a couple of million to spend once rookies are signed, so Alshon would be far more valuable to most other teams in the league than Graham.

Not been on here for a while but bit disappointed to see a fair bit of abuse headed my way for trade offers. Looking back I have made some bad offers but if you dont ask, you dont get and I wouldnt have got some players/picks without it. I feel at least I'm trying to spark a bit of trade talk with sending out offers which could turn into something along the line through negotiation and considering the lack of trades in kb and the 5-1 league, I thought the possibility of trades might interest everyone. Its something I have always tried to do looking back over the years the amount of trades I have done.

If someone rejects an offer and doesnt say anything, I'm not to know its a definite no for a pick/ player, so thats why I will often offer a different player for the pick/ player. But if someone says they arent available, then I just leave it.

I've had some bad offers sent my way too but feel a bit shit that its only mine being pointed out.

Just thought I would try and defend myself :(

Apologies if its a bit of a rant but hope you get what I mean.

There's loads in both of ours..... Think Martin's taking a bit of unnecessary stick here...

Cheers for sticking up for me, much appreciated

Not been on here for a while but bit disappointed to see a fair bit of abuse headed my way for trade offers. Looking back I have made some bad offers but if you dont ask, you dont get and I wouldnt have got some players/picks without it. I feel at least I'm trying to spark a bit of trade talk with sending out offers which could turn into something along the line through negotiation and considering the lack of trades in kb and the 5-1 league, I thought the possibility of trades might interest everyone. Its something I have always tried to do looking back over the years the amount of trades I have done.

If someone rejects an offer and doesnt say anything, I'm not to know its a definite no for a pick/ player, so thats why I will often offer a different player for the pick/ player. But if someone says they arent available, then I just leave it.

I've had some bad offers sent my way too but feel a bit shit that its only mine being pointed out.

Jeezo...probably best not to worry about it...

Sterling Archer

I'm sorry but that's bull shit. If you really wanted to spark trade talks then I'd expect you would contact all the teams in the league.

As it is, chargers, steelers, Bucs and I have received only a handful of offers from you in the last year.

Is that because you know you might actually have to pay a fair price to get a deal done and would rather take advantage of the owners that don't keep up to date with things as much?

Also, if the Wayne/Moreno for 1.4/DJax offer that Ross posted earlier is genuine then it's one of the worst I've ever seen.

It's crap like that that leaves a sour taste in people's mouths when it comes to how you conduct your trade business.

Sexton Hardcastle

Sorry to crash this party but is there any space to join your fantasy league? Quite keen to join a more in depth one rather than the basic sky/nfl ones. Or is it not open at the moment?

Or happy to be pointed in the right direction for similar sites.

I'm sorry but that's bull shit. If you really wanted to spark trade talks then I'd expect you would contact all the teams in the league.

As it is, chargers, steelers, Bucs and I have received only a handful of offers from you in the last year.

Is that because you know you might actually have to pay a fair price to get a deal done and would rather take advantage of the owners that don't keep up to date with things as much?

Also, if the Wayne/Moreno for 1.4/DJax offer that Ross posted earlier is genuine then it's one of the worst I've ever seen.

It's crap like that that leaves a sour taste in people's mouths when it comes to how you conduct your trade business.

Oi saying I don't know anything :lol: tbf Martin some of your deals are ok, nothing wrong with going under slightly to get the best deal. But when you continuously put really bad ones in it gets abit disrespectful for want of a better word. With regards to 5 -1 league, yes it's quiet but you have to take some if the blame for that as well when you were not involved or updating it. So we need to have a look at how we can generate more interest.

Sterling Archer

Sorry to crash this party but is there any space to join your fantasy league? Quite keen to join a more in depth one rather than the basic sky/nfl ones. Or is it not open at the moment?

Or happy to be pointed in the right direction for similar sites.

There's no current spaces but you're welcome if one comes up, think Ross is first in line but you can have next.

Footballguys run a looking for leagues forum but just be careful what you get into, they're not all legit.

Depends really what you're looking for...

Falcons, I'm relying on you to bring home the 1.01 or 1.02 for me in 2015 please. Thanking you :ninja:

Piss off. :lol: no chance.

With the teams you mention, the only players I'm interested from them is the very best players, so there's no point in making an offer as I wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting them as I don't have the ammo to get them, so why bother? I've asked you before what players you would want from me and it's only Calvin, who I'm not trading so theres little chance of any deal being done between us. I've had many trades with the Chargers over the years and although I would like a few WR's there, I know roughly what the asking price which is too much for me. The Bucs have Bryant, Demariyus and Charles who I can't afford and the Steelers its the same with Lacy, Bernard and Gronkowski. Plus I've also talked to you and the Chargers about the draft picks and know what the rough asking price is, so I'm not avoiding anyone.

I admit that was a bad offer, we all make them from time to time but it was when Jackson didn't have a team and the stories about him weren't looking good. I thought your offer yesterday offering me a journeyman in Rashad Jennings for 1.09 was particularly bad but I would rather get offers than not, so I don't mind you sending me that. People have different opinions on fantasy players, thats what makes it the game that it is.

Oi saying I don't know anything :lol: tbf Martin some of your deals are ok, nothing wrong with going under slightly to get the best deal. But when you continuously put really bad ones in it gets abit disrespectful for want of a better word. With regards to 5 -1 league, yes it's quiet but you have to take some if the blame for that as well when you were not involved or updating it. So we need to have a look at how we can generate more interest.

I just feel that its all about negotiation, I'm not expecting a lot of deals to go through right away but I'm sure we all send offers where we hope we can go under what we think.? Honestly I don't mean to put in bad ones and with the 5-1 league, although I hadn't updated to the 2014 league immediately, there just hasnt been much happening and thats going back to early on in the league, there's not been many trades going through and apart from sending trades to make people respond, I don't see how I can do any more with generating interest. Is there anything you think that could be done about it?

Falcons, I'm relying on you to bring home the 1.01 or 1.02 for me in 2015 please. Thanking you :ninja:

I'm needing to hope its the Cowboys instead...

With the teams you mention, the only players I'm interested from them is the very best players, so there's no point in making an offer as I wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting them as I don't have the ammo to get them, so why bother? I've asked you before what players you would want from me and it's only Calvin, who I'm not trading so theres little chance of any deal being done between us. I've had many trades with the Chargers over the years and although I would like a few WR's there, I know roughly what the asking price which is too much for me. The Bucs have Bryant, Demariyus and Charles who I can't afford and the Steelers its the same with Lacy, Bernard and Gronkowski. Plus I've also talked to you and the Chargers about the draft picks and know what the rough asking price is, so I'm not avoiding anyone.

I admit that was a bad offer, we all make them from time to time but it was when Jackson didn't have a team and the stories about him weren't looking good. I thought your offer yesterday offering me a journeyman in Rashad Jennings for 1.09 was particularly bad but I would rather get offers than not, so I don't mind you sending me that. People have different opinions on fantasy players, thats what makes it the game that it is.

I just feel that its all about negotiation, I'm not expecting a lot of deals to go through right away but I'm sure we all send offers where we hope we can go under what we think.? Honestly I don't mean to put in bad ones and with the 5-1 league, although I hadn't updated to the 2014 league immediately, there just hasnt been much happening and thats going back to early on in the league, there's not been many trades going through and apart from sending trades to make people respond, I don't see how I can do any more with generating interest. Is there anything you think that could be done about it?

Not just you mate. We all need to look at it.

Sterling Archer

You have plenty ammo to make deals though, you've got early draft picks in 2 years as well as a host of good players.

rossthejambo

Martin, I've no problem with getting some questionable offers, it's better than getting none at the end of the day, but a few of them have been getting a bit daft. It's no big drama though.

I just posted them to get a bit of discussion going and to make sure it wasn't just me that thought it was a poor offer, it wasn't to cause too much bother.

Like I say, it's no drama, I get some worse offers in my other league so I wouldn't worry about it!

I've no problem with offers that are asking for a bit more than a players actual value, we all want to win trades and get some added value. But a line has to be drawn between questionable trade offers where value can be debated, and offers that are clearly so one sided that the person making it knows that if it's accepted then he's essentially ripping the other guy off.

Sterling Archer

Ross are you still wanting to be first reserve if a spot opens up in the league?

Rick Grimes

I've no problem with offers that are asking for a bit more than a players actual value, we all want to win trades and get some added value. But a line has to be drawn between questionable trade offers where value can be debated, and offers that are clearly so one sided that the person making it knows that if it's accepted then he's essentially ripping the other guy off.

You've never given that a bash?

You have plenty ammo to make deals though, you've got early draft picks in 2 years as well as a host of good players.

The early draft picks help but I'm really needing to keep them because my team is getting older, especially with my main players so got to keep hold of them as I've probably only got a short window to challenge in the near future. Although I've got good players, there's not many in demand and although folk like Olsen and Edelman put up good scores, they aren't really the types that people want because they aren't the exciting picks, even though they might be the most targeted players on their teams next year.

Martin, I've no problem with getting some questionable offers, it's better than getting none at the end of the day, but a few of them have been getting a bit daft. It's no big drama though.

I just posted them to get a bit of discussion going and to make sure it wasn't just me that thought it was a poor offer, it wasn't to cause too much bother.

Like I say, it's no drama, I get some worse offers in my other league so I wouldn't worry about it!

No worries Ross, its something I will learn from and I'll be extremely careful in the near future, although apologies if a bad trade offer occurs every once in a while! Let's face it, its bound to :)

Its difficult to get any discussion going in the off season and because of the offers, I understand where you are coming from and its reassuring to know there has been someone out there worse than me!

The thing is we all pretty much know what we are doing by now with this being our 4th (or is it 5th) year of doing this, so I think everyone is all pretty good in putting a value to specific players, I mean when was the last time there was a truly one sided trade in KB? I can't think of any

Not just you mate. We all need to look at it.

Hopefully things start to pick up with it, especially as its a 10 team league so there's a lot more opportunity for people to take chances with trades. 16 team is different because if you have someone good, then you really have to keep them

Isaac Clarke

The thing is we all pretty much know what we are doing by now with this being our 4th (or is it 5th) year of doing this, so I think everyone is all pretty good in putting a value to specific players, I mean when was the last time there was a truly one sided trade in KB?

There's a couple owners in this league that I think, unfortunately, have no idea what they're doing. :lol:

Sterling Archer

Agreed, imagine giving Cobb, a high first and Jennings for Gordon. Some people are ******* idiots