• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

How quickly do we need to declare contract lengths?

48 hours after you win the player

Panicking yet Larry? :lol:

To say things haven't gone to plan would be an understatement :lol:

Wanted Luck, Trent and Fitz. If I walk out of it with Luck, Gore, Colston and some other roster filler it will just have to suffice. Didn't want to pay that kind of money to a QB, but now I've missed out on Trent/Fitz I might as well spend it on Luck rather than have the extra cap space and going with a guy like Rivers.

Luck

Forte

Julio

Allen

Wright

Colston

Cameron

Gore, Lattimore, Michael, 1.2, 1.9, 2.2. Maybe land Jennings or Moreno for more depth and Doug Baldwin could be a sleeper, 5 other picks to fill out the roster with. It won't be the best line up, but I can see me being in contention to make the play offs again similar to last year....Will have a pretty good cap space next year too, so I still think I have a very healthy roster and situation.

Chuffed to get Brady and rivers for 2.5 absolute steal.

Great deals. I think generally the QB prices have been really good, kind of as expected. It's only really Luck, Brees and Foles that have went higher than I was thinking. But only around 0.5M-1M higher, mainly due to Rakkasans being a bit of a tool. I hope the fact he had $9M tied up for over 24hours meant he missed on some of his other targets.

Yeh he screwed himself with that one. I knew you would either target brees or luck, still a decent price. I looked into Brady's year last year to see if it really was a decline. From week 9 to 17 once he had gronk, vereen and amendola back, he was the third highest QB PPG, so with a full year under the rookies belts and hopefully gronk back. 1.5 over 2 years is gonna look decent.

Sterling Archer

To say things haven't gone to plan would be an understatement :lol:

Wanted Luck, Trent and Fitz. If I walk out of it with Luck, Gore, Colston and some other roster filler it will just have to suffice. Didn't want to pay that kind of money to a QB, but now I've missed out on Trent/Fitz I might as well spend it on Luck rather than have the extra cap space and going with a guy like Rivers.

Luck

Forte

Julio

Allen

Wright

Colston

Cameron

Gore, Lattimore, Michael, 1.2, 1.9, 2.2. Maybe land Jennings or Moreno for more depth and Doug Baldwin could be a sleeper, 5 other picks to fill out the roster with. It won't be the best line up, but I can see me being in contention to make the play offs again similar to last year....Will have a pretty good cap space next year too, so I still think I have a very healthy roster and situation.

If I was you I'd bid $10mil on Fitz. You've got a ton of space, give him a 1 year deal and you'll compete more now while still having the exact same cap situation next year.

Sterling Archer

Those QB deals are great. You could probably flip one for a solid draft pick. Just make sure to ask your trade partner what contract they'd want you to give him first!

If I was you I'd bid $10mil on Fitz. You've got a ton of space, give him a 1 year deal and you'll compete more now while still having the exact same cap situation next year.

I did have the intention of paying over the odds for him, because I had the cap space and it's only 1 year. But for me, it's already nearly $2M over what his top price should be so I've given up, i'll take the chances of someone else putting up not to dissimilar numbers for a quarter of the price.

Those QB deals are great. You could probably flip one for a solid draft pick. Just make sure to ask your trade partner what contract they'd want you to give him first!

Was thinking that, and maybe picking a rookie QB at 1.13

The nicks deal is either going to blow up in my face or look really good. One thing though Is his contract is incentive Laden.

Actually had another wee look at the giants. Cruz only had 4 Tds as well and 3 were from the first game.

Sterling Archer

Do we only declare contract lengths for those we want multi years? Or do you want us to do it even for 1 year guys?

Just multi year is fine

Sterling Archer

Which of Mashers draft picks would you need to trade Hopkins?

He's got 1.06, 1.08, 1.10, 1.11 & 3 1sts next year.

It's tough because of his cap space. He's got $7 mill which he could spend with his picks, just! Hopkins would cost abit more. Deep class this year maybe try for his 8 And 11

Rick Grimes

Cam Newton out for 4 months, ankle surgery. Not good for a running QB

Rather annoying a day after I sign him. Big Ben & Tannehill FTW.

Rick Grimes

Indeed. And I now have the ability to tie up triple Superbowl winning QB Ryan Tannehill on a five year deal for sweetie money.

To be fair, only two of those rings will be won whilst he's under initial contract.

Na everyone is tied up now with there QBs you have cap room, next year pick him up for cheaper. That's what I thought with brees. Until everyone dropped. :lol:

Yeah you can't go wrong at that price, i'd have been tempted to do multiple years for an elite QB @ $3M as well.

I just want the extra years to give to my rookie picks, and Luck can be tagged next year for around only 500K more than what he'd be on if he was on a multi year deal or I can win him/Cut QBs outright as I should have around $20M cap space(minus any 2015 rookie pick salaries)

No one player in particular. But a number of guys I really like in that range who I think I'd prefer to have on a 5 year contract over Allens 2 years.

Sterling Archer

Not sure how I feel about it.

Hit on the pick and it's a no brainer.

It hurts you in the short term though giving up a top 15 guy on a cheap deal. You could always have tagged him in 2 years time, especially considering Calvin's contract will be gone and won't be dragging prices up.

I would personally tag him after 2 years, giving potentially 3 top 12 years at a cheap price. Even the top rookie WRs don't always have a difference making first year giving you 4 good year's. But as Donnie said you could hit jackpot.

I'm pretty comfortable with it, obviously or I wouldn't have done it. I think I lose less production in the short term than the amount I can potentially gain in the long run. Kendall Wright, Colston and Jennings are unfashionable guys to have, but I think they can have solid years and not too far off what Allen will put up. Add them to Julio and Watkins/Evans at 1.02...and then the 1.08/1.09 and 2.02, I should be fine with depth and production at WR. I realise not all rookies produce right away, but I have increased chances with 4 picks in the top 15 and especially when I'm seeing guys who are likely to fall to me @ the 1.08 and 1.09 and even the 2.02 who would otherwise be top 5 picks in most other rookie drafts.

Calvins contract won't be as bad as it is now, but if Fitz gets a 1 year $8M contract in FA then Calvin can expect at least that and far more next year and potentially get a 2 or 3 year deal. With Julio, Green, Dez, Thomas and all those elite 5 year guys contracts rising each year I wouldn't be surprised if the WR tags are slightly higher in 2016. Far too many variables in terms of cap space, how my roster looks in 2 years and how Allen continues to progress for me to already plan on tagging him so I can't look at him as a 2 year + franchise tag year player. I would guess that me tagging him would have been a long shot though, and pretty much the perfect scenario would have had to unfold for it to happen.

My roster(before the Allen trade) in 2016 already projects to have a salary of $30M(includes 2014 pick salaries).

But it doesn't account for the fact Luck, Forte, Gore, Moreno, Colston, Jennings or Clay, are all on 1 year deals, so every year in Free Agency I'm likely going to need to have at least $12M to spend to bring in a QB(seeing as i'm going with the 1 year strategy) and probably 3 or 4 others every single Free Agency..... Add in $ I'll need for 2015 picks and budgeting for 2016 picks, I don't see how tagging Allen for $8M+ would have worked. He isn't likely to put up the elite numbers of Green/Calvin/Julio/Thomas/Dez, to make it worthwhile... I like him but he's not that type of dominant player, and doesn't have that kind of upside.

Sterling Archer

I feel bad that I've made you give that big of an explanation :lol: as I don't think it's a bad trade at all, it's just a lot closer than most.

Can totally see where you're coming from.

Felt like I needed to, as It looks like a terrible trade under normal circumstances and in regular leagues :lol:

The other interesting thing with this, would it look as bad if it was Allen for 1.03? Because I likely wouldn't trade the 1.08 for the 1.03 this year in this league.

Edited by Alshon

Raiders acquire Schaub for a 6th rounder.

At least if Watkins ends up there, it will be a better situation than having Pryor or McGloin throwing him the ball.

It's not a terrible trade. This league is completely different to any other. But if everyone had the same opinions and worth on players then it would be a boring game.

Raiders acquire Schaub for a 6th rounder.

At least if Watkins ends up there, it will be a better situation than having Pryor or McGloin throwing him the ball.

Assuming that the Raiders don't decide they don't want Schaub after all after trading for him, of course. They have a (recent) history of that!

Good luck to Schaub, I think he is actually a good, if not great QB. No coming back for him in Houston after last season, though - Texans fans are, generally, extremely fickle and a bunch of pricks, quite frankly. In any case, there was a feeling for a few years that he wasn't good enough to take us to the next level.

Unsure what we will do in the draft now. Fitzpatrick is a decent veteran, I think, but I can only assume that we will definitely draft one- this would appear to increase the chance of doing that with the first pick. However, I can't imagine that Oakland will now with their first, leaving a pretty good chance a decent prospect will be available at round 2 for the Texans.

Oh, and Sanchez has just been released...I can only assume that we are now safe from picking up him. Good chance he'll go to Cleveland now, I would think. And Vick to the Jets.

Mike Williams currently in hospital after being stabbed, apparently in the leg, and apparently by his brother...