• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

If Gronk and Reed play full years, maybe 7/8th. Not elite numbers, but a good starting TE in FF is what I'd be expecting Eifert to be this year.

Charles Clay put up 180 points, Greg Olsen 174 Old man Gates 170. 180 seems about right to me for Eifert.

Though I'm assuming we start to see less of Gresham going forward. If he still gets 70 targets like last year, then this isn't happening :sad3:

Sterling Archer

Maybe you should keep him then, I really like him as a player.

Anyone like Travis Kelce?

Sterling Archer

Good news for all involved with Philly.

If you want Kelce JT let me know. He's expendable on my roster

Sterling Archer

I'm definitely interested.

Send me an offer through. Keep it reasonable though!

Sterling Archer

Good trades today.

Oh and this

@billvoth: Now on WFNZ, Steve Smith on possibly playing vs #Panthers: ?Put your goggles on cause there?s going to be blood and guts everywhere.?

:lol:

Chuffed with that. Wouldnt be surprised if he's trying.yo move one to the plumbers. He offered weaton, woods and a pick for Eifert. Really like stills this year with Moore and now sproles gone. And should pick up a nice couple of rookies. Not a huge fan of Brown but he offered him as well, so why not. If I could get a third for him happy days.

Ahh ok. On another note was looking at draft prospects. What do you think the top twenty will go like. I really don't see more than two qbs going if that. 2 top TEs and 10 WR and 6 RBs.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Apparently Patriots don't think he's worth his contract and asked him to take a pay cut. Wilfork was offended by it.

Disappointiing but not that surprising. His cap number was $11m this season which is a lot for a DT coming off an injury.

Ahh ok. On another note was looking at draft prospects. What do you think the top twenty will go like. I really don't see more than two qbs going if that. 2 top TEs and 10 WR and 6 RBs.

I'm not sure, but I do know that the top 2 will be WR WR :2thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Good bye Harvin. Too much money.

Larry and I have been having a debate over Harvin recently :lol:

Sterling Archer

What, when I would get rid of hi

To VVV

Nah I was looking at moving him in K1 and was reminded of some posts a writer from FBGs made about him.

Went back and looked them out. I'll post them here

Sterling Archer

"Prior to his ankle injury in his last season in Minnesota, Harvin wasn't any more of a "weekly question mark" than any other WR in the league. Before his ankle injury, Harvin appeared in 54 out of a possible 57 career games. Of those 57 games, he appeared as questionable or worse 16 times, 8 of which were a result of his migraines (which, as mentioned, he later had diagnosed and treated). For comparison, over the exact same span, Calvin appeared as questionable or worse 9 times."

Sterling Archer

"Any way you want to parse it, Percy Harvin has a much better, longer, more established record of production than Josh Gordon. In his four seasons in the league, Percy Harvin ranked as WR24, WR21, WR7, and WR2 (at the time of his injury). That's one hell of a career arc. PercyHarvin also has demonstrated every bit as much fantasy upside as Josh Gordon, scoring slightly more fantasy points per game over a 16-game stretch running from the second half of 2011 through his injury at the end of the first half of 2012. In his last 16 games in Minnesota, Harvin had 112 receptions, 1492 yards, and 11 offensive touchdowns, which stacks up favorably against anything Gordon has ever done in PPR. The 2013 Cleveland Browns were a top-10 passing offense. The 2011-2012 Minnesota Vikings were a bottom-5 passing offense. If we look at the two receivers, and we ask "who has demonstrated an ability to put up fantasy points", the answer is both, but Harvin more so.

This isn't to say that Harvin doesn't have concerns surrounding him. I'm not so worried about his time away from the game, since he's been working with NFL teams that whole time- it's not like Mo Clarett and BMW where he was stuck out in limbo and he let his conditioning go to hell. I'm also not terribly worried about his injuries- the guy was extremely healthy for his first three and a half years, only missing time to a migraine issue that has since been resolved. Since then, he has suffered 3 likely-unrelated injuries, one of which wasn't a reflection on him (it was a massive helmet-to-helmet hit that would have concussed any human being on the planet). Which leaves us with a nagging sprained ankle that he might have been able to play through if he hadn't pissed off his coaching staff, and a labral tear so small that the Seahawks didn't even notice it during their thorough player physical when they acquired him. It's possible the tear was a cascade from the ankle injury, or it's possible it was something unrelated. Either way, both injuries are now resolved. Are we going to speculate that Percy Harvin is at higher risk for sprained ankles in the future? Players get sprained ankles all the time without getting the "injury prone" tag slapped on them. Injuries are a fact of life in the NFL. Those injuries are random. Random is sometimes streaky. By its very nature, random means that sometimes we're going to see clusters of unrelated injuries in close proximity to each other. That doesn't prove that the injuries weren't random (and that the player, therefore, is injury prone). It proves that random is random. If the injuries are separate, non-recurring injuries of a type that are not chronic (like hamstring issues or degenerative knee conditions), then they carry little predictive power.

The bigger concern, in my opinion, is what his role will be in Seattle will be. And that's a serious question, one that should absolutely affect his value. But Gordon has his questions, too. Josh Gordon is a guy who went to college, tested positive for drugs, got suspended, tested positive for drugs, got kicked off the team, transferred to another school where it's rumored he tested positive for drugs again, never played for them, entered the supplemental draft, joined the league, and tested positive for drugs at least once, possibly twice (depending on what stage of the substance abuse program he entered the league in). The biggest silver lining for Gordon is that he got his suspension reduced on appeal, which suggests there were some sort of extenuating circumstances, but either way... this is a guy who has a long history of failing to keep himself clean despite severe consequences for failure, who now may or may not find himself in stage 3 of the substance abuse program. And Gordon has every bit as much uncertainty surrounding his role in the new offense as Percy Harvin does, to boot. Cleveland led the league in passing attempts last year. Norv Turner is the best coach in NFL history for deep threats like Gordon. There's plenty of room for things to get worse for Josh.

I like them both, but to me, it's clear that I'd rather gamble on Harvin's risks than Gordon's. Other reasonable people are going to disagree, and that's what makes fantasy great- if everyone agreed with me, for instance, trading would suck. But whether everyone agrees with it or not, an argument can most certainly be made for having Harvin over Gordon. And it just was. "

Sterling Archer

"I know two things.

First, in his last 16 games, Josh Gordon has 327 fantasy points (PPR). In his last 16 games with Minnesota, Percy Harvin had either 331 or 337 fantasy points, depending on whether your league counted his kickoff return touchdown.

Second, past failed drug tests correlate better with future failed drug tests than past injuries correlate with future injuries"

The only way I moved him on was due to the value he was over two years. The more I looked at my team the more I though one or two injured then I was buggered. Now with woods Dobson Wheaton maclin a first and second and 4 mill. I can build.

Sterling Archer

I agree he was over valued. It's just easy to forget how good he was before the injury.

He seems to have been dinged in value more than most for getting injured as well

Brandon Browner to New England. Some secondary they're assembling.

Nicks 1 year contract with the Colts. Steve Smith to Baltimore.

I saw Cortland Finnegan signed with the Dolphins. They obviously felt they needed to re-up on detestable ***** in the locker room.

I saw Cortland Finnegan signed with the Dolphins. They obviously felt they needed to re-up on detestable ***** in the locker room.

The rest of the signings we've made I could understand...that one, not so much. Dirty player even when he was good, and he's not been even close to good recently.

Sterling Archer

Every single player up at once. Guess it's some kind of strategy for the low cap space teams to land some min contract guys.

It's annoying as some guys will inevitably go cheap.

If you want Fitz I'm done on him, he's only bid one increment above current price

Buyers regret sterling. I thought some of the qbs would go cheaper. I don't know why rakkassans spend over 3 mill on foles. Surely he should have dropped rg3, can't play two QBs. Aye every player is out apart from a couple of falcons players.

Sterling Archer

A little, I just want to secure QB first.

Also want a few lower value guys.

I'm not going above a certain amount on QBs, I'm happy waiting till some guys over stretch

Doesn't all the teams that need QB now lead the bidding on the main guys. Could be that there won't be much change in their price now.