**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Had to start Pitta in one league, glad Flacco has decided to pass to him again.

Decided to drop Pitta this week. oops. Saying that though Tony G is making up for it.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

Thunders team is starting to worry me now :disappointed:

He better win a title soon, the core of that team is OLD.

Pats doing their best to chuck this away. 3 point game now.

Can see why Falcons haven't lost yet either, very good offence.

Sterling Archer

Pats doing their best to chuck this away. 3 point game now.

Can see why Falcons haven't lost yet either, very good offence.

Well apart from fat, old Michael Turner.

Well apart from fat, old Michael Turner.

:lol:

I knew they were going to get stopped and lose after I'd said that.

Sterling Archer

Think I just broke the season scoring record. :jjyay:

Think you did. Bet you were thinking you were cursed after trading for Stafford!

Think you did. Bet you were thinking you were cursed after trading for Stafford!

I didn't tbh. Knew I had to go for a top QB or I'd never get anywhere. Looking at age and offensive talent Stafford was my top target.

Wish it hadn't taken this long for the Stafford/Johnson hook-up to pay off.

Sterling Archer

What's sort of scary is that as good as Dizzles score is its still 50 points less than my league record from last year...

He better win a title soon, the core of that team is OLD.

Correct, but I've got two first round draft picks for the end of next season. Will be used to help breakdown and build up another squad.

Very pleased with Danario Alexander's output from the last two games, guves me some depth an another option, especially if Jennings and/or Garcon don't come back this year.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

The weird thing about the seahawks having 177 points is that, With having austin, maclin, amendola and foster still to play being 100ish points behind, It isn't out of the question for it to still be a close game, Even though i do think Dizzle has it won.

It's not done yet - so I don't want to tempt fate - but what I'm particularly pleased about this week is that my points tally is topping 100+ points again (potentially 150+). I started the season with a few lucky wins in an easy schedule, and I think at one point I had the worst overall points total for a plus .500 team. The Chargers have a strong team and it might just come down to a tiebreaker for the division.

Sterling Archer

Correct, but I've got two first round draft picks for the end of next season. Will be used to help breakdown and build up another squad.

Very pleased with Danario Alexander's output from the last two games, guves me some depth an another option, especially if Jennings and/or Garcon don't come back this year.

Even though they're old you've probably this year and next out of most of them. As long as it seems this league has been around its only 2 full seasons so far. 2 more years is a long time.

Vick out in philly, maybe a concussion. Nick Foles in at long last time to see what he can do.

Kaepernick in for Smith as well.

Just to remind everyone, that Felix Jones is on the block and available for trade before the deadline this week :whistling:

No doubt listed elsewhere but...when is the trade deadline in our league?

Sterling Archer

No doubt listed elsewhere but...when is the trade deadline in our league?

Before kickoff of Thursdays game this coming week

I didn't know until about 5 minutes ago that games could actually end in a tie. I'd never noticed one happening before...

Anyhoo, huge test for the Texans tonight. Looking at the weather, I'm pretty glad I decided to make a trip to Nashville in a few weeks my first away day, rather than this one.

Peebo is the new Donovan McNabb :2thumbsup:

Gutted though cos that result blew my coupon

Actually, now you mention him, a bell is ringing somewhere in my distant memory.

Sterling Archer

Using my very technical projections for tonights game here's how I see the Standings, Playoff Picture etc looking tomorrow:

ETA: Stupid ******* formatting. will fix and repost

Edited by Donald.

Using my very technical projections for tonights game here's how I see the Standings, Playoff Picture etc looking tomorrow:

ETA: Stupid ******* formatting. will fix and repost

Wish I hadn't traded my 2013 1st now.

:vrface:

EDIT: Stephens-Howling and Gibson available for picks if anybody needs some depth.

Edited by JamboTaylor

Sterling Archer

Wish I hadn't traded my 2013 1st now.

:vrface:

EDIT: Stephens-Howling and Gibson available for picks if anybody needs some crap players.

Fixed. I bet you're not the only one.

Of the current projected top 5 picks only two are owned by the teams they originally belonged to:

• Cowboys gave their 1st, Ryan Mallet and Brent Celek for Tim Tebow and the 2012 3.12

• Steamers gave their 2013 1st for Michael Turner (from the Broncos) who then used that pick in a deal to secure the 2012 1.16 (used to select Stephen Hill, WR)

• Steelers gave their 2013 1st and DeMarco Murray for the Buckeyes 2nd and Matt Forte. The Buckeyes used that pick as part of the package to secure Trent Richardson.

Fixed. I bet you're not the only one.

Of the current projected top 5 picks only two are owned by the teams they originally belonged to:

• Cowboys gave their 1st, Ryan Mallet and Brent Celek for Tim Tebow and the 2012 3.12

• Steamers gave their 2013 1st for Michael Turner (from the Broncos) who then used that pick in a deal to secure the 2012 1.16 (used to select Stephen Hill, WR)

• Steelers gave their 2013 1st and DeMarco Murray for the Buckeyes 2nd and Matt Forte. The Buckeyes used that pick as part of the package to secure Trent Richardson.

:facepalm:

Wee bit too trade happy this league I think.... its fine now but I hope it doesn't affect the integrity of the league in the next couple of years with teams falling to pieces & with no picks.

That said, just updated my bait - anyone want to help me nip the title from Donnie?

Sterling Archer

:facepalm:

:muggy: aye, I know.

Wee bit too trade happy this league I think.... its fine now but I hope it doesn't affect the integrity of the league in the next couple of years with teams falling to pieces & with no picks.

That said, just updated my bait - anyone want to help me nip the title from Donnie?

I agree entirely. That's why last year I raised the possibility of increasing league fees or introducing a larger deposit for trading future picks.

You'll both be falling short to me IMO. :smuggy:

While your team can pull off a good week and you might get lucky you just don't have the consistency to be labelled a 'great team' just yet.

I've hardly got any picks over the next couple seasons.

At least my team's pretty young, my depth is OK at the moment as well I think.

Could do with an upgrade at TE and another WR though... :whistling:

Sterling Archer

I've hardly got any picks over the next couple seasons.

At least my team's pretty young, my depth is OK at the moment as well I think.

Could do with an upgrade at TE and another WR though... :whistling:

You have a ridiculously strong team and I can't believe you're 3-7.

You need a stud QB and that's it. There's only four or five though so I suggest you pay what you need to to get one.

You need a stud QB and that's it. There's only four or five though so I suggest you pay what you need to to get one.

I've lost quite a few games by just a few points.

Rodgers, Griffin, Ryan, Stafford etc would all cost (and rightly so) a stupid amount to acquire. Love to have one of them though!

I'd probably rather go for a Dalton/Freeman/Wilson type of player if possible. :whistling:

While your team can pull off a good week and you might get lucky you just don't have the consistency to be labelled a 'great team' just yet.

I'd say I've got the second best team in the league. I am quite heavily invested in my stud players at the cost of depth.

I think I'll be stronger next season, with Smith continuing to improve along with Rudolph, and hopefully a new situation for Tate. Ingram is a trade or a couple of injuries away from being a top back if he's given all down responsibilities.

Sterling Archer

I've lost quite a few games by just a few points.

Rodgers, Griffin, Ryan, Stafford etc would all cost (and rightly so) a stupid amount to acquire. Love to have one of them though!

I'd probably rather go for a Dalton/Freeman/Wilson type of player if possible. :whistling:

You've already got a guy like that though and it's not getting you anywhere. You just need to find someone who would be willing to part with a QB and give up one of your RBs/WRs. You don't need them all to be successful.

I'd say I've got the second best team in the league. I am quite heavily invested in my stud players at the cost of depth.

I think I'll be stronger next season, with Smith continuing to improve along with Rudolph, and hopefully a new situation for Tate. Ingram is a trade or a couple of injuries away from being a top back if he's given all down responsibilities.

I don't agree with the first bit though you're not far off, I agree you'll be a lot stronger next year though.

Who do we see as the surprise contenders next year and what teams do we think have had their last good season for a while?

You've already got a guy like that though and it's not getting you anywhere. You just need to find someone who would be willing to part with a QB and give up one of your RBs/WRs. You don't need them all to be successful.

I suppose so.

If Geoff reads this, I'd like to see what he'd want for Ryan.

Also Donnie, who would you more likely be willing to trade between Rodgers and Griffin?

Since I've got Ridley now, I'm also a lot more open to trading McCoy than I previously was.

Sterling Archer

I suppose so.

If Geoff reads this, I'd like to see what he'd want for Ryan.

Also Donnie, who would you more likely be willing to trade between Rodgers and Griffin?

Since I've got Ridley now, I'm also a lot more open to trading McCoy than I previously was.

That's a tough one. I think Griffin has crazy upside (Mike Vick 2010 but with better passing) but Rodgers is unbelievably consistent.

Griffin is about 8 years younger though...

Anyway, ignoring all that, I have the leverage so you'll need to bring all your eggs to the table if you want to deal.

Nucky Thompson

Looks like I might upset the Bengals this week! :pleasing:

It was a bad night at the office. Reggie Bush benched after his fumble and Chris Givens dropped for breaking team rules before I noticed and could change my team.