**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Fixed. I bet you're not the only one.

Of the current projected top 5 picks only two are owned by the teams they originally belonged to:

• Cowboys gave their 1st, Ryan Mallet and Brent Celek for Tim Tebow and the 2012 3.12

• Steamers gave their 2013 1st for Michael Turner (from the Broncos) who then used that pick in a deal to secure the 2012 1.16 (used to select Stephen Hill, WR)

• Steelers gave their 2013 1st and DeMarco Murray for the Buckeyes 2nd and Matt Forte. The Buckeyes used that pick as part of the package to secure Trent Richardson.

You lot had a cheek to question my AP trade. That's the worst trade I've ever seen! Who conned Gibby out of that?

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Geoff Kilpatrick

I suppose so.

If Geoff reads this, I'd like to see what he'd want for Ryan.

Also Donnie, who would you more likely be willing to trade between Rodgers and Griffin?

Since I've got Ridley now, I'm also a lot more open to trading McCoy than I previously was.

I would consider trading Ryan depending on how the draft pans out but I would be looking for RB1 and WR1 material.

Sterling Archer

You lot had a cheek to question my AP trade. That's the worst trade I've ever seen! Who conned Gibby out of that?

I got shit for almost vetoing that at the time.

Sterling Archer

I still like the package the Bucs originally got for him too. He's been quite a valuable commodity in this league.

Oh and if Dizzle wins a title this year he won't be here to celebrate it.

:look:

Nucky Thompson

I still like the package the Bucs originally got for him too. He's been quite a valuable commodity in this league.

Has he went the same way as Therapist?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh Dizzle!

:laugh:

EDIT: I believe the offer of a ban was fair!

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

What you mean offer of a ban?

A crap attempt at a pun on Dizzle's trading style. :facepalm:

It's too early in the morning here.

Nucky Thompson

A crap attempt at a pun on Dizzle's trading style. :facepalm:

It's too early in the morning here.

I knew what you meant and it made me smile. Although I can't seem to post smilies now!

Bugger me. Forgot all about the fact I'm in Thailand & Cambodia for three weeks over Xmas & NY. Can you submit line ups in advance?

Sterling Archer

Bugger me. Forgot all about the fact I'm in Thailand & Cambodia for three weeks over Xmas & NY. Can you submit line ups in advance?

Yeah, or I can do them for you :look:

Sterling Archer

In all seriousness if you let me know order of preference I can sub guys in and out if there's a significant injury.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Big Ben injury, bye Nessies.

Think he's won the Division though, even if I sweep the next 3 games and he loses out. No way I'm catching him on points.

Sterling Archer

Think he's won the Division though, even if I sweep the next 3 games and he loses out. No way I'm catching him on points.

I was thinking more if he's done for the season.

There would need to be some sort of special award for winning a title with Sanchez at QB.

Terrific. :(

I should have enough depth to muddle thru at QB, particularly if Kaep gets starts with Smith's concussion too. If Ben is done for the year I'm in trouble though... maybe Tannehill will suddenly get it all together.

Btw... any chance of taking the images off the 2010 league awards? Makes reading that page a pain in the arse.

ta

Sterling Archer

Terrific. :(

I should have enough depth to muddle thru at QB, particularly if Kaep gets starts with Smith's concussion too. If Ben is done for the year I'm in trouble though... maybe Tannehill will suddenly get it all together.

Big Ben's pretty tough, he'll probably play even with a broken shoulder.

Yeah I'll take them off today.

Sterling Archer

Question re the playoffs (for next year, not changing for this year).

Do people want to:

1. Keep it the same as it is (don't re-seed after each round). This means that the 1 plays the winner of 4 vs 5 and the 2 plays the winner of 3 vs 6.

This can mean that the 2 seed actually gets an easier matchup (in 2011 the 4 and 6 seeds both won), the 1 seed played the 4 and the 2 seed played the 6.

2. Re-seed the playoffs after each round. The highest remaining seed will always play the lowest remaining seed.

3. Allow the highest seed first choice of their opponent in the next round.

Do people want to:

1. Keep it the same as it is (don't re-seed after each round). This means that the 1 plays the winner of 4 vs 5 and the 2 plays the winner of 3 vs 6.

This can mean that the 2 seed actually gets an easier matchup (in 2011 the 4 and 6 seeds both won), the 1 seed played the 4 and the 2 seed played the 6.

2. Re-seed the playoffs after each round. The highest remaining seed will always play the lowest remaining seed.

option 1 for me, though its kinda leads into my list of suggestions for the off-season. Might as well do them now... some have been KB'd in the past but maybe people have changed their mind.

• Introduce conferences - sorts out the seeding issue straight away, introduces more long term rivalries & a few more bragging rights for teams that don't quite manage to win it all.
  • Schedules - Geoff's system has worked really well so want to keep that. Could we mix up the order a bit more though - I don't like the 2 banks of divisional games. Should ideally be a bit more random, even if it means two late or early games against the same opponent.
  • Tie-breaks - divisional record & H2H above total points scored. I get that that isn't really fair but neither is a league system of any sort. If anything I think the inherent unfairness of it adds a bit of drama & rivalry. Worth noting that the current system probably means I've wrapped up the divison already but I still want to change it. You could also add conference records in too.
  • Limit the trade of future draft picks to one year in the future. I've massive concerns that this going to come back to bite us on the arse.
  • Limits of the number of FAs allowed to be picked up in the off-season as it was a bit of farce last time round. If anything I'd probably be for maintaining the 30 player throughout the entire year.

Sterling Archer

option 1 for me, though its kinda leads into my list of suggestions for the off-season. Might as well do them now... some have been KB'd in the past but maybe people have changed their mind.

• Introduce conferences - sorts out the seeding issue straight away, introduces more long term rivalries & a few more bragging rights for teams that don't quite manage to win it all.
  • Schedules - Geoff's system has worked really well so want to keep that. Could we mix up the order a bit more though - I don't like the 2 banks of divisional games. Should ideally be a bit more random, even if it means two late or early games against the same opponent.
  • Tie-breaks - divisional record & H2H above total points scored. I get that that isn't really fair but neither is a league system of any sort. If anything I think the inherent unfairness of it adds a bit of drama & rivalry. Worth noting that the current system probably means I've wrapped up the divison already but I still want to change it. You could also add conference records in too.
  • Limit the trade of future draft picks to one year in the future. I've massive concerns that this going to come back to bite us on the arse.
  • Limits of the number of FAs allowed to be picked up in the off-season as it was a bit of farce last time round. If anything I'd probably be for maintaining the 30 player throughout the entire year.

I'll be honest and say I'm not sure where I am on these suggestions. Would need to see some of them in more detail though.

Some thoughts anyway.

Can see the value of conferences, any preference on how we decide who ends up where?

Agree on keeping Geoff's schedule. There were two reasons for the blocks of divisional games.

1. To heighten the importance. By playing your last 3 games against divisional opponents it keeps titles up for grabs right until the end.

2. It was also done to avoid bye weeks. You should play your most important matchups without needing to be hampered by byes (as much as possible).

I wouldn't be keen to change that personally.

H2H is above total points just now, then division record. When I get some time I'll run the scenarios of how things would have looked the last few years if we'd done it another way.

Are you concerned that someone packs in after trading away anything they have of value? I agree that's a concern but think there are other ways around it, those owners that want to use future picks to win now shouldn't necessarily be punished?

Yeah think that a loophole in the rules. I'd be happy with a couple of different options there.

Do people want to:

I don't mind it the way it is. But would prefer doing it NFL style, option 2.

I'll be honest and say I'm not sure where I am on these suggestions. Would need to see some of them in more detail though.

Some thoughts anyway.

Can see the value of conferences, any preference on how we decide who ends up where?

Agree on keeping Geoff's schedule. There were two reasons for the blocks of divisional games.

1. To heighten the importance. By playing your last 3 games against divisional opponents it keeps titles up for grabs right until the end.

2. It was also done to avoid bye weeks. You should play your most important matchups without needing to be hampered by byes (as much as possible).

I wouldn't be keen to change that personally.

H2H is above total points just now, then division record. When I get some time I'll run the scenarios of how things would have looked the last few years if we'd done it another way.

Are you concerned that someone packs in after trading away anything they have of value? I agree that's a concern but think there are other ways around it, those owners that want to use future picks to win now shouldn't necessarily be punished?

Yeah think that a loophole in the rules. I'd be happy with a couple of different options there.

Conference split - either the order we have the divisons listed just or by a draw. It becomes important after the split really, though we could try to balance up winning records as it might affect the schedule too.

Tie-breaks - hmm, can see your reasoning on why you'd want to keep it that way. Maybe keep the later bank of fixtures and mix the rest in with the other games. As for bye weeks, that's just part of the game. Sometimes it will go for you, sometimes it won't.

Yeah, definitely worried we end up with one or two 'broken' teams. Even if the coach stays on they become a negative weight on the entire structure of the league and it would be very hard to recover from that. Maybe a fairly hefty bond to be paid to trade any more than a year in advance?

I'm definitely in favour of either limiting rosters to 30 throughout the year. Or at the very least, have some kind of cut of point before the second part of the draft, where teams over the 30 mark have to make cuts. So there are a few more players available for the 4th to 6th rounds of the draft.

Sterling Archer

We only have a five round draft now because there was so few players available...

Mo, I realise byes are part of it but by limiting it to non divisional games you reduce the possibility of them skewing those games (especially important if you're wanting to adjust tiebreakers to make divisional games more important).

I'd be up for major deposits for future picks beyond one year.

Sterling Archer

Former NFL TE (and current fiance of US GK Hope Solo) was arrested for domestic violence.

Guy has to be one of the biggest scumbags around.

Appreciate this is a long article (and an old one) but it's worth a read.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Here's the report of the current charge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jerramy-stevens-arrested-released-domestic-assault-charge-may-011404454--nfl.html

Former NFL TE (and current fiance of US GK Hope Solo) was arrested for domestic violence.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jerramy-stevens-arrested-released-domestic-assault-charge-may-011404454--nfl.html

Poor old Solo hasn't had much luck with abusive men in her life.

http://seattletimes....stevens270.html

http://sports.yahoo....04454--nfl.html

What a *****.

I'm bottling out of it I think :lol:

Yeh I was going to decline anyway mate. In other news.

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has a dislocated rib and it is a potential danger to his aorta. The team is now not sure if he will be able to return at all this season.

Apologies for the post going away from the fantasy stuff but,

Does anyone know when the tickets for the two games at Wembley in 2013 go on sale? Im well keen to go to one or possibly both. Iv been checking up on the NFL UK website very frequently, and as yet, no info. I thought they would go on sale at the back of the last game. But obviously no. Anyone any idea? My other thought is that it would be after the season has finished

I though some of you may have been or may have an idea.

Anyone?

Apologies for the post going away from the fantasy stuff but,

Does anyone know when the tickets for the two games at Wembley in 2013 go on sale? Im well keen to go to one or possibly both. Iv been checking up on the NFL UK website very frequently, and as yet, no info. I thought they would go on sale at the back of the last game. But obviously no. Anyone any idea? My other thought is that it would be after the season has finished

I though some of you may have been or may have an idea.

Anyone?

Have dates been announced? I would imagine that ticket sales may come after schedule has been announced, which is months away.