Mafia: The Ba's Burst

Harry Palmer

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the good townspeople had gathered at Boof's Bar and were in a celebratory mood, the place was jumping..

Kitster had just bought another drink but this one tasted a bit different, she began to feel dizzy, couldn't breathe and within seconds had collapsed dead on the floor...The Goons had poisoned her drink..

kitster- townie was dead

Elsewhere, in the bar the Doc protected someone...

Meanwhile, the Assassin wasn't in the bar, their sights were trained on the door of the bar from across the street. A figure had exited the bar and was standing silhouetted in the doorway.

The shot rang out, who was hit?

A Gooon?

A townie?

Neither.

Frenchie- Doctor chose the wrong time to get some air. Killed by the Assassin.

scotland- Mason has been modkilled:43:

8 players remain, 5 for a lynch.

Geoff Kilpatrick

WTF??

Has the assasin run out of bullets? If they haven't, can they turn it on themselves please? :hang:

8 left, who do I trust.

Martin for 1.

I want to check back for everybody else, but Bev is looking good also.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Will be back at lunchtime. Losing two good roled players like that is not helpful.

I think Csaba's suggestion of taking out the assasin might be the way forward!

no need for that young man

Sorry bud, maybe got a tad over exited.

Can the assassin be mod-killed please, this is beyond a joke now.

Players remaining

Albannach

Beverley

Csaba

Deek

Geoff

jam tartan

Lasith

Martin

Assassin has no more kills..

Geoff Kilpatrick
Players remaining

Albannach

Beverley

Csaba

Deek

Geoff

jam tartan

Lasith

Martin

Assassin has no more kills..

Who allowed them to have a licence in the first place? :21:

Who allowed them to have a licence in the first place? :21:

Nice defence Geoff, have a go at the Assassin for trying her best. You are sitting pretty in Australia and everybody forgets you are playing, but on this occasion I am pretty sure you and Albannach are goons or at least one of you.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Nice defence Geoff, have a go at the Assassin for trying her best. You are sitting pretty in Australia and everybody forgets you are playing, but on this occasion I am pretty sure you and Albannach are goons or at least one of you.

Weak Deek. Very weak.

Weak Deek. Very weak.

Your reply confirms my thoughts, weak very weak.

My votes for Malky throughout confirm who I am. Who are you though? Are you the deadly assassin or are you a goon. Come on Geoff evidence your voting throughout the game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices he gets away with it.

And along with Geoff I think, I see what you did there.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Your reply confirms my thoughts, weak very weak.

My votes for Malky throughout confirm who I am. Who are you though? Are you the deadly assassin or are you a goon. Come on Geoff evidence your voting throughout the game.

My voting?

Round 1 - Started on Martin because of the previous game. Switched off voting for him because it looked like he claimed he was the cop. I voted for Bev because I was happy with the tie for Malky and Sean

Round 2 - Voted for Martin because of the events, i.e. Pompey was the cop. Switched because there was no goon pile-on to Martin, which was an opportunity and it was a real ballsy strategy to try and claim a role from Round 1 if they were a goon. Switched to Malky so claiming an assist for goon slaying.

I know you aren't a goon and the events prior to Malky being bumped off show me why.

I have my suspicions on who the 2 goons are and in effect we are down to 6 townies vs 2 goons now given no doc and the assassin has ran out of his bullets. I'll lay them out later as I need to pretend to do some work first.

BoJack Horseman
Undecided between Geoff and Albannach?

But in for a penny.

Vote Albannach

You'd be wrong about me. Geoff I can't vouch for, but I'm a useless townie and as such, should not be targeted.

Might I add again that all of you who mocked me keeping my gun in my holster last game, this is exactly why.

Anyway...

vote Geoff

Geoff Kilpatrick

Right, lunchtime - it's raining outside so time to recap: -

DAY 1

Deek - Albannach, Csaba, Malky, scotland, kitster, Malky

Albannach - Martin

Martin - Albannach, Sean

Csaba Wabba - Malky, Deek, Sean, kitster

MalkyMcFrench - jam tartan, Sean, Martin, Sean

Geoff Kilpatrick - Martin, Bev

kitster - JP

Beverley - Sean

jambosean75 - JP, Malky

Dead townie

jam tartan - Frenchie, kitster, No vote

Frenchie - milky , jam tartan, JP, Lasith, Csaba, Sean

thehibsareintheirbeds - Geoff, Malky

Dead townie.

jambopompey - Malky

Dead cop

Lasith - Csaba, Malky, Csaba

scotland - kitster

DAY 2:

Csaba - Bev, Deek

Deek - Malky, Bev, Kitster, Malky

Geoff - Martin, Malky

Malky - Deek

Dead goon

Martin - Malky

Albannach - Bev

Frenchie - Bev, Deek, Bev

Dead doc

Bev - Frenchie, Malky

Kitster - Deek

Dead townie

Lasith - Kitster

Scotland -

Dead mason

Jam Tartan - Can't vote

As I said above, we are down in effect to 6 townies vs 2 goons so I'm going to name who I think are the other roled players: -

Martin - mason

Deek - assassin (his fit of pique after taking out Frenchie kind of clinched this, even though he had said he had suspected Frenchie of being in cahoots with Malky makes this move understandable)

There's no harm in naming these two now - we know then it is 2 from 5, because I'm a townie, even though I have no way of proving it.

We also know that the last post was Deek's at post #364 where he effectively put the clincher on Malky. Before that, there was a run of activity on Bev and Kitster after my vote to give Malky 3 votes. I would suggest that there was goonly activity in there given that the only hope of the goons saving Malky was some action in there. In effect, they must have given up on him knowing that as the deadline went on any switching would have looked suspicious.

So, of the others:

Csaba - very quiet yesterday, unusually so by his standards yet he seemed to be watching the thread as I asked where he was and up he popped. Hmmm

Lasith - voted for Kitster and Kitster gets taken out. Interesting celebration with Malky's demise. If Csaba is one goon he spent Day 1 voting for other goons. Highly suspicious

Bev - is the queen of goons a goon again? I don't think so given that she was the subject of voting in that passage of time

Albannach - Very quiet - could be a goon floating under the radar

Jam Tartan - No vote yesterday so hard to tell. Could be like Alba

So, if I had to rate these five in goonly order: -

1. Lasith

2. Csaba

3 = Albannach, jam tartan

5. Bev

So

vote Lasith

Well after the carnage of the first day the townspeople were determined to get a Goon today....that Malky had been attracting their attention with his slavering of pish.

They cornered him and still he protested his innocence.

'I'm no Goon,' he cried.

'PISH!' returned the townies....and they threw him from a building into a huge vat of pish.....

Was he a goon?

Had the town finally got lucky?

They had....

Malky-Goon is dead, drowned in pish :10900:

Pm's please.

WooooOoooooooooooo

Told you's he was a goon

Wooooooooooooooooo

Really what the **** was the assassin playing at and all you who claimed i was a goon can go **** yourself too

Right, lunchtime - it's raining outside so time to recap: -

DAY 1

Deek - Albannach, Csaba, Malky, scotland, kitster, Malky

Albannach - Martin

Martin - Albannach, Sean

Csaba Wabba - Malky, Deek, Sean, kitster

MalkyMcFrench - jam tartan, Sean, Martin, Sean

Geoff Kilpatrick - Martin, Bev

kitster - JP

Beverley - Sean

jambosean75 - JP, Malky

Dead townie

jam tartan - Frenchie, kitster, No vote

Frenchie - milky , jam tartan, JP, Lasith, Csaba, Sean

thehibsareintheirbeds - Geoff, Malky

Dead townie.

jambopompey - Malky

Dead cop

Lasith - Csaba, Malky, Csaba

scotland - kitster

DAY 2:

Csaba - Bev, Deek

Deek - Malky, Bev, Kitster, Malky

Geoff - Martin, Malky

Malky - Deek

Dead goon

Martin - Malky

Albannach - Bev

Frenchie - Bev, Deek, Bev

Dead doc

Bev - Frenchie, Malky

Kitster - Deek

Dead townie

Lasith - Kitster

Scotland -

Dead mason

Jam Tartan - Can't vote

As I said above, we are down in effect to 6 townies vs 2 goons so I'm going to name who I think are the other roled players: -

Martin - mason

Deek - assassin (his fit of pique after taking out Frenchie kind of clinched this, even though he had said he had suspected Frenchie of being in cahoots with Malky makes this move understandable)

There's no harm in naming these two now - we know then it is 2 from 5, because I'm a townie, even though I have no way of proving it.

We also know that the last post was Deek's at post #364 where he effectively put the clincher on Malky. Before that, there was a run of activity on Bev and Kitster after my vote to give Malky 3 votes. I would suggest that there was goonly activity in there given that the only hope of the goons saving Malky was some action in there. In effect, they must have given up on him knowing that as the deadline went on any switching would have looked suspicious.

So, of the others:

Csaba - very quiet yesterday, unusually so by his standards yet he seemed to be watching the thread as I asked where he was and up he popped. Hmmm

Lasith - voted for Kitster and Kitster gets taken out. Interesting celebration with Malky's demise. If Csaba is one goon he spent Day 1 voting for other goons. Highly suspicious

Bev - is the queen of goons a goon again? I don't think so given that she was the subject of voting in that passage of time

Albannach - Very quiet - could be a goon floating under the radar

Jam Tartan - No vote yesterday so hard to tell. Could be like Alba

So, if I had to rate these five in goonly order: -

1. Lasith

2. Csaba

3 = Albannach, jam tartan

5. Bev

So

vote Lasith

:hat2:

I'll get a response in when I return from school.

I'm actually quite taken aback at that.

After it was looking so good for a while, Scotland's non vote and the assassin's inability to have patience has really cost us. Frenchie was the most important player left in the game for us. On the brighter side, at least no Hibs tops for me :2thumbsup:

There's only one person I trust left in the game and at the moment I feel that Lasith and Alba are goons. Lasith has had some strange exchanges with Malky in the game and Alba is playing a classic goon strategy of hanging around in the background and voting strategically.

Morning, I'll be out all day with little chance of access to the Net, I'll try and get on at lunchtime but likely to be 5pm before I'll be back on.

Quick count....

Alba-1

Geoff-1

Lasith-1

Post count....

MalkyMcFrench 58 :hang:

Frenchie 51

jambopompey 41

Arnold 41

Geoff Kilpatrick 37

Martin 29

Lasith 28

Deek 27

Csaba Wabba 22

thehibsareintheirbeds 18

Beverley 17

jambosean75 15

jam tartan 13

kitster 12

scotland 9

Albannach 8

Boof 6

yvonnejambo 2

See ya...

Morning. Just catching up on the bus.

Not quite sure of what to make of the three way suspicion fest between deek, geoff and alba. Probably one in there.

Lasith has pretty much said nowt again so could be suss.

Csaba seems to have played like he has a role - maybe he was the assassin.

Doubt bev is bad yet again

Martin has I think proved he's good

As for me I couldn't vote yesterday but I was clear about suspecting malky.

Will vote later

Geoff Kilpatrick
Woooooooooo

Even from the grave I dominate the post count wahahahahaha

Woooooooooo

Aye, but how much of the vat of pish did you contribute?

Yesterday Deek started the votes on Malky which I think rules him out of being a goon. Apart from me, the other two votes came from Geoff and Bev. Geoff went fairly early for Malky and I think that makes him less likely to be a goon as well. Bev changed her vote so that she had the same as Malky. There was still plenty of time left and if they were on the same team, she might have waited a while. For now anyway, I'm going to rule them out as being goons and concentrate on the others.

That leaves four players and all of them seem goonly.

Alba - When Malky was down 3-1 in votes, he voted for Bev to bring the gap back to 3-2. It was still early in the day and enough time to vote without a lot of suspicion. He's also been really quiet.

Lasith - Jokingly voted for Malky on day one and then seemed a bit over enthusiastic last night after Malky fell victim to his vat of pish. Stuck a throw away vote on Kitster who later was killed during the night.

Csaba - Did vote for Malky at the start but changed it and it seemed the type of vote for effect rather than anything. At various times yesterday tried to set up Bev and Deek, two players that seem less guilty than others.

JT - Difficult to say based on vote history, although did seem to be convinced that Malky was a goon. That might have just been to try and fool us but out of the three others, there is the least amount of evidence for me.

At the moment I think it'll be at least two from Alba/Lasith/Csaba but it wouldn't totally surprise me if there's one that shocks me. Someone who has tried to remain on our side by either voting for Malky or saying he's a goon.

hmmm.... nice summaries from Geoff & Martin so far. I'd say I probably trust them just now - certainly Martin anyway, Geoff maybe slightly less so. it was a reasonable point to make re: Deek starting the votes on Malky, so he's probably in the clear for now.

bev surely can't be a goon again - the law of averages has to come into play at some point. still tho, the defence of her above is slightly weaker, so she's a notch further down the safe list.

lasith - i just can't read him at all in these games. has bitched about school, had some weird convos with malky & not much else.

csaba - am leaning towards him being the assassin but goonly wouldn't surprise me.

alba - really quiet, classic lurking type posting too. that said, he often takes a while to warm into a game when he's vanilla & being similar i can understand why.

my vote history is pretty clear - tried to take it into a tie on the first guessing day, but arsed up & lost my vote for the second day - but it would have been malky & i stated that early doors i think.

so, order of suspicion top to bottom for me goes like this....

Csaba / Lasith

Alba

Bev

Deek / Geoff

Martin

Me

on that basis - vote Csaba

I'm going to hold my vote for now. I want to see what type of defence that my three main suspects can give.

The lynch tonight is crucial. If we get it right then we've still got a shot but if not, it's going to look really bleak.

Was trying all night to get a PM through on my phone to explain that i was being sick every five minutes. I even asked to vote for malky, but nothing worked. Ahhh well, shall go and make another picture.

BoJack Horseman
hmmm.... nice summaries from Geoff & Martin so far. I'd say I probably trust them just now - certainly Martin anyway, Geoff maybe slightly less so. it was a reasonable point to make re: Deek starting the votes on Malky, so he's probably in the clear for now.

bev surely can't be a goon again - the law of averages has to come into play at some point. still tho, the defence of her above is slightly weaker, so she's a notch further down the safe list.

lasith - i just can't read him at all in these games. has bitched about school, had some weird convos with malky & not much else.

csaba - am leaning towards him being the assassin but goonly wouldn't surprise me.

alba - really quiet, classic lurking type posting too. that said, he often takes a while to warm into a game when he's vanilla & being similar i can understand why.

my vote history is pretty clear - tried to take it into a tie on the first guessing day, but arsed up & lost my vote for the second day - but it would have been malky & i stated that early doors i think.

so, order of suspicion top to bottom for me goes like this....

Csaba / Lasith

Alba

Bev

Deek / Geoff

Martin

Me

on that basis - vote Csaba

I'll just quote this one but obviously there is a couple of guys with a fair bit of suspicion about me.

Seriously though, I've been a bit off the last couple games as I couldn't really get into them. I've had 'loner' roles. Namely townie and assassin, so haven't really felt compelled to get stuck in really. I should probably take a break the next game, but I like being involved in some capacity.

I'm a townie this game. You'll see that when I go eventually. And then maybe people won't try and pin a posting style on me as it really depends on my mood how I post, not my role. Classic example being the Futurama game that Malky posted. I was top poster I believe, yet I was a townie. This is my ninth post of this game, I'm pretty near the bottom, and I'm also a townie. No pattern I'm afraid.

that's a surprisingly weak defence Alb. you're quiet because you can't really be bothered? I'd hoped for a wee bit more tbh... that's why I alluded to you possibly warming up to it more now we're in the thick of it.

hardly a ringing endorsement for believing you're worthwhile to the town. or are you maybe just trying too hard to downplay your lack of posting?

BoJack Horseman
that's a surprisingly weak defence Alb. you're quiet because you can't really be bothered? I'd hoped for a wee bit more tbh... that's why I alluded to you possibly warming up to it more now we're in the thick of it.

hardly a ringing endorsement for believing you're worthwhile to the town. or are you maybe just trying too hard to downplay your lack of posting?

That's the long and the short of it at the moment. I'm afraid I can't give you much more. I'll try and get into it but I make no promises.

I probably am not worthwhile to the town at this moment in time. Just here making up numbers. If it comes to it and it seems the town will waste a lynch on me, I'll bow out and save you the trouble.

Seriously though, I've been a bit off the last couple games as I couldn't really get into them. I've had 'loner' roles. Namely townie and assassin, so haven't really felt compelled to get stuck in really. I should probably take a break the next game, but I like being involved in some capacity.

Your lack of posts in the last few games was probably the only reason I didn't go for you yet in this round.

If you are a townie, do you have any thoughts on who might be a goon?

I'm back online, nothing much happening.

Dont know why some of you think i have a role, but i don't (well not any more) and i never had one in the first place.

I am townie.

a vote for me is a wasted vote.

gonna stick a vote on for vote geoff

BoJack Horseman
Your lack of posts in the last few games was probably the only reason I didn't go for you yet in this round.

If you are a townie, do you have any thoughts on who might be a goon?

I don't actually. I have no theories, no speculation. Hence why I've not been posting about them.

I'll have a read over and see what I can muster.

Don't read into my votes, they've both been pretty random and I've not changed them due to not being around at deadlines.

Archived