Mafia: The Ba's Burst

Harry Palmer

Deek if you were the mod on a game and someone was being a ***** like you are now you wouldn't be happy so why do it to Arnold?

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aye, thats the hard bit. choosing the wrong 2 would sting a wee bit.

can we do it your way with the way votes stand currently? if we're lucky it might lay a clue as to who the second one is

That would basically require one more vote for Bev and Csaba. I know you would happily vote for one, depends how Lasith feels.

quick tally i think

geoff - lasith

martin - lasith

csaba - bev

bev - csaba

lasith -

jam tartan -

means we could do the three way vote if lasith was to come back on thread, otherwise its a two way tie.

bev's lowest out of my three, so

vote Csaba

last chance to provoke a reaction, i fear...

Deek if you were the mod on a game and someone was being a ***** like you are now you wouldn't be happy so why do it to Arnold?

Unsubtle is the phrase in the rules. I was being subtle until your intervention.

actually Deek it states subtle or unsubtle.... if i was mod i'd ban you from my next game.

Unsubtle is the phrase in the rules. I was being subtle until your intervention.

Woooooo

As subtle as a kick to the baws

Woooooo

actually Deek it states subtle or unsubtle.... if i was mod i'd ban you from my next game.

No it doesent. You should check before you post.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

No it doesent. You should check before you post.

it doesn't actually. but you were hardly subtle anyway.... you should think before you post. :P

It had been an extremely quiet day, even though it was do or die for the town. Those that were around seemed suspicious of Lasith and Csaba Wabba. But who would they go for.....they decided that Lasith was more goonly and strung him up from the hanging tree....

Lasith- townie is dead.:hang:

Elsewhere, Beverley had decided to spend some time with her Rampant Rabbit but instead of pleasure there was nothing but pain...

Beverley- townie is dead. Killed by a sabotaged Rampant Rabbit:21:

Meanwhile, jam tartan had decided to give Martin a reprieve as he wanted him to continue to be his bitch...

Geoff and jam tartan later toasted their success with a drink in memory of Malky.

Well played goons. :smiley2:

Told you.

arf! in one half arsed post only.

oh, and for the record folks - i didn't even claim to be a townie this time....

my first goon win i think - might have to gloat a bit (more)

If only pompey hadn't gone all Gene Hunt on Day 1.

He'd had an extra investigation before deadline, used on Sunday to investigate Malky and then Frenchie before he was bumped off.

Hence 'covert investigation' from Day 1 summary.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Too easy! :toasting:

Deek, thanks for all the help. Just think how different the world would be had you been on the grassy knoll in November 1963! :10900:

sod it I give up, games a bogey, lynch me

go ahead and hand another game to the goons

shipment-of-fail.jpg

Wooooooo

Call me Nostradamus :10900:

Arf

Wooooooo

He'd had an extra investigation before deadline, used on Sunday to investigate Malky and then Frenchie before he was bumped off.

think there was more posts on day 1 than the rest put together, i thought i'd change my style for this game, made it interesting for a change.

might keep that style no matter what the role is

Well run Arnold.

No mistakes in the moding...

Cheers, was a bit crazy end of Day 1 but I got there...:smiley2:

I realised Malky, that it should have been a bubbling, boiling, steaming vat of pish....

thehibsareintheirbeds

Very well played goons. Excellent goon team this game, could have been very different though.

Unlucky martin, you didnt stand a chance mate.

aye, many thanks Arnold & cheers to everyone else playing.

i'll take turn modding soon, but not the next one - got Uncharted 2 arriving tomorrow so I'll be having Playstation flu i think.....

Total turn up for the books but JT and Geoff deserved that by putting out theories and covering their tracks really well. Said earlier if you were goons then it was too good.

Cheers for keeping me in the land of living :2thumbsup: I tried to do my bit and I'm just surprised Malky didn't threaten you with a revenge vat if you didn't get me!

Enjoyed the game, just a pity we lost Pompey so early on and once we lost the cop and the mason on the same night it was pretty much curtains.

Thanks Arnold for running it, think you've gained a world record for being the first person to not make a mistake along the way. You've put the rest of us to shame!

Geoff Kilpatrick

We got lucky with that in that Martin declaring his hand meant that the doc would probably save him - Frenchie thought he was the cop, as I did too. That meant pompey could be killed and the fact he was the cop was a major bonus.

Taking out kitster on Day 2 was a plan to put the spotlight on other folk, particularly Scotland and Lasith. Except Scotland was mod-killed which was a bonus and Deek's carnage on Frenchie basically won us the game.

Deek, however, was still being awkward so taking him out ahead of Martin, who we had convinced, was the next step.

We got lucky with that in that Martin declaring his hand meant that the doc would probably save him - Frenchie thought he was the cop, as I did too. That meant pompey could be killed and the fact he was the cop was a major bonus.

Taking out kitster on Day 2 was a plan to put the spotlight on other folk, particularly Scotland and Lasith. Except Scotland was mod-killed which was a bonus and Deek's carnage on Frenchie basically won us the game.

Deek, however, was still being awkward so taking him out ahead of Martin, who we had convinced, was the next step.

Frenchie saved himself on day 1:stuart: and Martin Day 2, when pompey was killed I passed on the info to Martin that he'd had an extra investigation (one of Boof's ideas :smiley2:) and that Malky was a goon.

There were times I was shaking my head..especially at Martin.

Unlucky martin, you didnt stand a chance mate.

Cheers bud, in the end I got totally out foxed though. Least I got the chance to remain in the game to try, it must have been torture for you having to sit on the sidelines for so long.

It was a horrendous start for us, it was really frustrating doing that but it was either reveal or be killed. Quite ironic in a way that it was you and Malky that forced that by voting for me and there literally seemed no way out but to show that I was good roled. I expected to go early but wanted to make it worth my while by trying to take down as many people or leave as many hints as I could about people. Then again as time went on, it seemed like a good thing for me because no one seemed bothered I was still around.

I can now see why!

Frenchie saved himself on day 1:stuart: and Martin Day 2, when pompey was killed I passed on the info to Martin that he'd had an extra investigation (one of Boof's ideas :smiley2:) and that Malky was a goon.

There were times I was shaking my head..especially at Martin.

Why's that?

Not really sure what else I could have done. Obviously there was the issues at the start but I was backed into a bit of a corner.

Martin, I know you weren't getting much help. It was more in a don't do it kind of way.....

believed what?

only lie i told all game was that i forgot to vote on the first day.....

Too easy! :toasting:

Deek, thanks for all the help. Just think how different the world would be had you been on the grassy knoll in November 1963! :10900:

I was not on anybody side, my role wa to win the game for me. I knew you were a goon from day 2. But I wanted to kill townies and hopefully they would kill the goons, leaving me as the winner. But unfortunately nobody reacted to my unsubtle hints.

And to the Frenchie brothers, calm down chaps.

Assassin With no affiliation, just likes to kill people 2 kills throughout the game, wins the game if he is the last remaining roled player

Why wouldn't you go for roled players instead of vanilla townies?

Geoff Kilpatrick
believed what?

only lie i told all game was that i forgot to vote on the first day.....

I also can't believe that no one picked up on that, given that you had voted ten minutes beforehand! :smiley2:

Why wouldn't you go for roled players instead of vanilla townies?

I need a pint Boof...and the cop did get the bonus on Day 1. :smiley2:

And to the Frenchie brothers, calm down chaps.

Deek, I can only talk on behalf of myself having run a few games it is disappointing when someone who is dead comments on other players in the game while it is still going on

It is unfair as I or Geoff or JT could have commented at the time making us look dodgy ruining everything we'd done so far

I need a pint Boof...and the cop did get the bonus on Day 1. :smiley2:

No bother - celebratory, commiseratory and 'Phew, thank goodness it's over' drinks all round. :D

Well run - particularly liked the vat of pish :laugh:

I kept looking for goon tasks :rolleyes:

No bother - celebratory, commiseratory and 'Phew, thank goodness it's over' drinks all round. :D

Well run - particularly liked the vat of pish :laugh:

I kept looking for goon tasks :rolleyes:

So was I, I did want to post some stuff after being killed, but that is not how the game works.

Never had geoff or JT marked down as goons, very well played.

My going for malky on day 1 was a gamble to see who came out on his side to protect him, so when I got bumped off there could be some clues.

Next time I'm a cop I may go for the sam tyler method instead of the gene hunt method

As aye, and frustratingly, it's the speakiest folks who attract the attention. Perhaps a goon-task (unknown to townies of course) could be to have a minimum post count...

So was I, I did want to post some stuff after being killed, but that is not how the game works.

Never had geoff or JT marked down as goons, very well played.

My going for malky on day 1 was a gamble to see who came out on his side to protect him, so when I got bumped off there could be some clues.

Next time I'm a cop I may go for the sam tyler method instead of the gene hunt method

we spoke off thread, we figured on day 1 I was a goner and on day two made sure Geoff put in a vote early doors just before he went to bed so it wouldn't look like he was putting in a vote at the last minute

for future reference, in my experience goons very rarely protect goons when the first one is in jeopardy as it gives the game away

Geoff Kilpatrick
As aye, and frustratingly, it's the speakiest folks who attract the attention. Perhaps a goon-task (unknown to townies of course) could be to have a minimum post count...

I think both goons and masons should be set a task. Too many people try to hide but at least in this game the roled players didn't. Deek has taken a slagging but at least he tried to play a game, as did Martin. I've been lynched in the past playing a similar game as a townie, simply because I've been goon hunting.

I think both goons and masons should be set a task. Too many people try to hide but at least in this game the roled players didn't. Deek has taken a slagging but at least he tried to play a game, as did Martin. I've been lynched in the past playing a similar game as a townie, simply because I've been goon hunting.

I decided early on before getting the PM saying I was the cop to post more, when I got the result from the day 1 special investigation I was off on one, only arnold knew about it so I thought what the hell go for malkys throat, was hoping the doc would have protected me first night giving me a chance to investigate one more before being killed off.

Getting the doc on the first night was good for the masons to know, but we know what happened from then on

Geoff Kilpatrick
I presumed the goons kept me alive as i looked more dodgy them they did!

Not quite but it was easy to shift suspicion on to you.

Archived