Mafia: The Ba's Burst

Harry Palmer

Well, things were reaching the critical point for the townies with suspicion falling on Albannach.

The townies were deaf to his protests and grabbed him and threw him in front of a two-legged horse.

But was he a goon?

No.

Albannach- townie is dead. Trampled by a two-legged horse.

Pm's please.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balls :(

Sorry Alba, I didn't have the guts to risk potentially losing the entire game and it wasn't definite that you'd be modkilled. Just have to hope that in the long run it works out for us but it's really frustrating

The mood in Boof's Bar was one of despondency as the remaining townies gathered to drown their sorrows. How could they have got it so wrong about Albannach?

Once again the Assassin wasn't in the bar but had gone outside to contemplate his part in the townies pain. So engrossed was he in his thoughts, that he failed to realise that there were 2 masked figures behind him each with a knife. Without a word, the Goons plunged their knives in.........

So who was the Assassin? Surely you'd figured it out?

Deek- Assassin is dead.

6 players remain, 4 for a lynch.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hmmm, supports my view of things yesterday but I'm confused by Lasith voting for Csaba. Will have a proper think at lunchtime.

sorry Alb, but it was too risky to lose you to a mod-kill and risk lynching another townie. this is why i spoke out against it - you should have offered a defence or another option to go for.

but the lynch - wow! ok, we're circling the drain here but i think we've caught a small break here because the only player i fully trusted was Martin & he survived. and i was also pretty sure that Csaba was the assassin - he's not & i already said i thought he had a role - either i'm wrong again or he's a bad un.

some questions to be answered then...

csaba - why were you happy for a tie at this stage of the game? a ballsy goon move or a lack of concern? and what was that stuff about (not) being called steve?? initially i thought that was some strange way of claiming to be the assassin

lasith - anything to offer other than the odd baseless accusation? and what was up with the weird abuse of & apologies to Malky when we nabbed him?

geoff - at least you're putting some effort into your reasoning, but i've got to suspect everyone at this stage - convince me you're not a goon.

martin - you're either an absolute master goon or your good. not on my radar... frankly if you're bad you deserve to win.

edit: completely forgot about Bev! surely not......... how did she get so far off the map?

Well its all or nothing from this point on

Csaba's change at the end for Alba seemed a bit goonly and it's him and Lasith that seem favourites to be goons in my mind, but will look more tomorrow. Need as much input as possible from everyone.

Lasith - anything to offer other than the odd baseless accusation? and what was up with the weird abuse of & apologies to Malky when we nabbed him?

Ehm, not at the moment no.

And, as stated at the time, I got a little excited, realised I'd probably gone a tad over the top and apologised. Simple really.

Wooooooooooo

Officially worst assassin ever

Arf

Woooooooooooo

Assassin With no affiliation, just likes to kill people 2 kills throughout the game, wins the game if he is the last remaining roled player

I think you will find the assassin is out to win the game for himself. I had no allegiance to the town or goons. Hence why I knocked off 2 townies.

I was leaving the town to find the goons.

edit: completely forgot about Bev! surely not......... how did she get so far off the map?

cos i'm innocent

i have no goonly traits in this game

2 goons to catch, so lets be careful

Geoff Kilpatrick
Woooo mon townies- get yer fingers out here or a goon win's on the cards

Indeed so. We are in the last chance saloon so it is imperative to lynch a goon this time out. To recap:

Kills

DAY 1:

Sean (townie) killed by town

Pompey (cop) killed by goons (Malky + 2 others)

THAITB (townie) killed by assassin (Deek)

DAY 2:

Malky (goon) killed by town

Kitster (townie) killed by goons (Malky + 2 others)

Frenchie (doc) killed by assassin (Deek)

Scotland (mason) mod-killed

DAY 3:

Albannach (townie) killed by town

Deek (assassin) killed by goons

VOTES

DAY 1

Deek - Albannach, Csaba, Malky, scotland, kitster, Malky

Albannach - Martin

Martin - Albannach, Sean

Csaba Wabba - Malky, Deek, Sean, kitster

MalkyMcFrench - jam tartan, Sean, Martin, Sean

Geoff Kilpatrick - Martin, Bev

kitster - JP

Beverley - Sean

jambosean75 - JP, Malky

jam tartan - Frenchie, kitster, No vote

Frenchie - milky , jam tartan, JP, Lasith, Csaba, Sean

thehibsareintheirbeds - Geoff, Malky

jambopompey - Malky

Lasith - Csaba, Malky, Csaba

scotland - kitster

DAY 2:

Csaba - Bev, Deek

Deek - Malky, Bev, Kitster, Malky

Geoff - Martin, Malky

Malky - Deek

Dead goon

Martin - Malky

Albannach - Bev

Frenchie - Bev, Deek, Bev

Bev - Frenchie, Malky

Kitster - Deek

Lasith - Kitster

Scotland -

Jam Tartan - Can't vote

DAY 3

Deek - Albannach

Albannach - Geoff, No vote

Geoff - Lasith

jam tartan - Csaba, Albannach

Csaba - Geoff, Albannach

Lasith - Csaba

Bev - Csaba

Martin - Albannach

REMAINING PLAYERS AND MY THOUGHTS

Bev - Has taken little to no role in this game with nothing suspect in her voting patterns. I've Bev marked down as a townie.

Csaba - Clinched the Albannach lynch last night although it could be argued that he saved himself, yet he was happy for the tie at the time. Looks goonly

Lasith - My other suspected goon yesterday. Did he deflect attention away from himself by voting for Csaba and expecting a tie? I don't know but it has created some doubt in my mind. Also kept a low profile in Day 3. Still looks goonly

jam tartan - Taken an active part although did help to lynch Albannach. If Csaba and Lasith aren't goons, he's the other goon to my mind. Good point about Deek's lynch. Why did the goons not take Martin out given the lack of protection available and Martin's declared role?

Martin - still believe he's the mason despite jam tartan raising the Deek lynch. As JT said, if Martin is a goon then he deserves the win because it would be one hell of a play to pull this off.

Geoff - I'm a townie. I evidenced my votes to Deek yesterday at post #425 and stuck to my guns over Lasith yesterday. I could have switched to Csaba and offered the possibility of a tie to Alba and maybe that would have created some activity so hands-up for that one but I found it interesting no one switched to Lasith despite what I laid out. That's fair enough. That said, I think I've nailed the roles and hopefully I've nailed the goons as well.

Right, my two goons remain as Lasith and Csaba with jam tartan the only other possibilty.

So

vote Lasith

Morning, I'll be out all day again today and won't be back until about 5pm so if there's a lynch before then you'll just have to wait...

Still suprised i am still here, i think the goons are trying to hide behind me.

It's getting close to the point where the goons will need to vote for the same player so they can hide in plain site. Or vote fore each other if they dont already have a vote.

Game face is now back on, time for some analysis and investigation.

I'm still as surprised as the rest of you that the goons took out Deek rather than me. But we've needed a break after the last couple of days and hopefully this is it.

Some good analysis by both Geoff and JT. It's hard to argue with anything that is being said. Going by logic how they've played the game, everything seems to point to Lasith and Csaba being the goons.

Lasith's voting pattern is interesting. He spent the first day going either for Malky or Csaba. The vote in the end for Csaba was safe because it was a bit of a throw away vote with possibly a view to covering the tracks later on. The vote yesterday for Csaba could also be seen as strange by putting Csaba into a tie on two along with Alba and Geoff. But Csaba would always change his vote in whatever direction to try and save himself, depending on how things were going. So again it could be seen as a vote to cover the tracks.

For the moment my goon order is

Lasith

Csaba

Bev

JT

Geoff

Me

Geoff Kilpatrick

Martin, you have Bev as the first alternative. Any reason why as I can't seem to see anything obviously goonly?

Martin, you have Bev as the first alternative. Any reason why as I can't seem to see anything obviously goonly?

Woo

Apart from you

Woo

Just because both you and JT have offered more thoughts about everyone. If you or him are goons then you've played a very good game.

Don't think Bev is a goon because there's not a lot of evidence to say that she is. On the other hand there's not a lot of evidence to say that she isn't.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just because both you and JT have offered more thoughts about everyone. If you or him are goons then you've played a very good game.

Don't think Bev is a goon because there's not a lot of evidence to say that she is. On the other hand there's not a lot of evidence to say that she isn't.

Fair enough.

Off to bed soon so I'll hope to see that the goons are sweating by the time I get up. Let's turn this back in our favour! :2thumbsup:

hmmm, all pretty quiet so far today so I don't really have much to add.

interesting that Csaba's only defence is pretty much a dare to vote for him. have to say, I'm tempted to call your bluff but probably best to see what lasith has to say this evening. if its not a better explanation than last night then I might have to lean towards him.

c'mon guys, give us something to go on!

It's definitely reached a stalemate. Could be a good thing because we aren't hearing much of a defence from the people that seem the most like goons.

Although I'd prefer to at least hear something because in this game nothing's ever that straight forward.

good grief.. back late becasue i was getting a haircut and nothing's happened!

agree it probably two from our silent three but i'd like to hear from at least one of them soon... c'mon folks, if we pull this off it'll be an amazing victory!

It would be especially good if we heard from Lasith. The last game effectively was lost for the town (when he was the doc) because he didn't speak up enough at the end when he was being questioned and that won it for the goons (which for once was a good thing for me!). I wouldn't want to make the same mistake again.

It's difficult to rule out Bev but it just seems the other two appear more like a goon. But if it's two from three, it'll be a nightmare if we pick the wrong one.

I think a new rule should be invented where we are allowed to kill three people at once and then see what the outcome is at the end.

Sorry chaps, been busy tonight.

I've pretty much said my piece, what is it exactly your dying to know from me?

I can tell you I'm a townie, and have been since this game started, killing me is only handing the goons the game on a plate, which is what some of you want.

So by all means, lynch me, at your own peril.

just remembered i've not voted, and not got time to check through whats been going on cos i have company, so i'll vote csaba again cos i gotta vote someone and i think he's up to something

i'll try and pop back later but i can't promise anything ;)

I'm still not entirely sure about whether it's Csaba or Bev as the other goon. But I can't help but feel that Lasith is the main suspect.

No real opinions offered as to who might be a goon and out of the three appeared to have the closest links to Malky during the game.

Vote Lasith

ok, someone who's a maths head help me out.

do we statistically have more chance going for the draw & then the 50/50, or for letting lasith swing? i'm stumped

do we statistically have more chance going for the draw & then the 50/50, or for letting lasith swing? i'm stumped

I say vote for the person that votes for you, then it is quite obvious that the person who does not do it is a goon.

Or am i a frazzled townie?

Depends who's in the draw :laugh:

Maybe we should try and do a three way tie on the three main people. Give ourselves a two out of three option. Doubt the goons would allow that though

Depends who's in the draw :laugh:

Maybe we should try and do a three way tie on the three main people. Give ourselves a two out of three option. Doubt the goons would allow that though

aye, thats the hard bit. choosing the wrong 2 would sting a wee bit.

can we do it your way with the way votes stand currently? if we're lucky it might lay a clue as to who the second one is

Archived