Eastenders Mafia

yvonnejambo

That is also very true.

The thing is, people are now doubting his status as a townie. You'd expect the people who know he is a townie to come out and at least proclaim some trust in him, no?

Would they not then get whacked by the goons?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Benoit
Think it would be too much to ask for one of the masons to man up and sacrifice themselves? Obviously only if they had some hard evidence. But if one popped out and said that they knew for sure that such and such was innocent or such and a such was a goon then we'd maybe have some info to go on.

Obviously then they'd be immune from public voting, but no doubt be a prime target for a night time kill.

I'd only say that was a good idea if they knew for certain that someone was a goon and going by the job they did the other night i don't think they've got a clue

ArmiyaRomanova
mmmm Lets all have one vote each and leave it to fate.

VOTE: Bev

'Fate' in this case being the Masons.

I'd hope that they have more information to go on than the rest of us - but given what happened on Day 4, they don't seem much further forward than we are.

Or having a root around to see if you can flush the Masons out?

Interestingly that thought crossed my mind.

Why would a townie want to know someone else was a townie at the expense of a mason?

Actually, could Pugsy not be a mason?

BoJack Horseman
from what i can read the cop didn't investigate a goon, or there would have been a more concerted vote towards some players and not the daily pick a player and go with that one that is happening. so all we know is that whoever the cop investigated before being killed where townies so why would the masons out themselves, as it would give the goons targets for the night kills

Because the goons are going to whack someone every night anyway, it doesn't really matter who it is, we're going to lose a townsperson. The masons are pretty useless without the cop, bar the information they already have, which would be a lot more useful in the public domain.

Now say they know the name of 2 vanilla townies, and one mason gives us those names, that takes our potential voting targets tonight down by 3. Less chance of hitting one of our own that way.

Granted, they'd become night time targets, but we'd be losing folk anyway.

Would they not then get whacked by the goons?

Yes, which is why they will be keeping schtum. And rightly so.

As I have said, if I was a mason I'd be doing the same. We need them alive, especially if numbers continue to dwindle.

Rock and a hard place for the masons I think.

it doesn't appear to me to have any use to the townies to be honest.

What???

The first game it was used, it won the game for the townies. I was the cop and, despite investigating nothing but townies, stayed alive for the duration of the game and was able to say, at the critical stage, I will definitely NOT vote for X, Y or Z. Since those people (eventually) believed me and thus knew who to vote for we won.

Admittedly it's not been used to such effect since then but I can't see any way - always depending on how the investigations are revealed - that it isn't helpful, even in a small way, for the town.

Actually, could Pugsy not be a mason?

Ah FFS.

Ah well, somebody's said it out loud now.

I was hoping that nobody would point that out as it just gives the goons an obvious night-hit.

Still, he might not be.

What???

The first game it was used, it won the game for the townies. I was the cop and, despite investigating nothing but townies, stayed alive for the duration of the game and was able to say, at the critical stage, I will definitely NOT vote for X, Y or Z. Since those people (eventually) believed me and thus knew who to vote for we won.

Admittedly it's not been used to such effect since then but I can't see any way - always depending on how the investigations are revealed - that it isn't helpful, even in a small way, for the town.

Have to agree with that Boof, while it may not be outwardly helpful to the town there will be a group of four people (assuming masons and cop) don't get whacked who will know who to trust/vote for.

In future I think AR's earlier suggestion of the doc using BS in future games would be highly advantageous to the doc and masons as well. As long as they used BS on the first night the masons would know to protect the doc if need be.

I'm struggling to understand why Bev doesn't think it's useful to the town.

Ah FFS.

I was hoping that nobody would point that out as it just gives the goons an obvious night-hit.

Still, he might not be.

UNVOTE: Bev

VOTE: Boof

I don't like this post.. it makes me shiver for some reason.

Ah FFS.

Still, he might not be.

If a newbie like me eventually worked that out I'm sure four goons would have managed that between them.

If a newbie like me eventually worked that out I'm sure four goons would have managed that between them.

Probably, just that there's some things better left unsaid...on the remotest off-chance that it's not been picked up.

BoJack Horseman

Ok so here's what i'm proposing, it makes sense, trust me. But if anyone sees obvious flaws then obviously feel free to point them out.

Our currents players are

1- malkymcfrench

3 Jambopompey

5- bigsmak

6 - Beverley

7 - Albannach

9 - Boof

11- Cigaro

16 - Pugsy 93

17 Borthers

18 Martin

20 JamboJen

21 Deek

22 Marty-French

23 ArmiyaRomanova

24 - Medico

So we have 15 players, of which 7 are roled. 4 goons and 3 masons.

Now the only ones are are certain about anyone elses roles are the goons and the masons. Which leaves us vanilla townies at a slight disadvantage. Without any hard proof we seem to go for crap theories or gut instincts and in the end we off our own.

Now if the masons know absolutely anything, I think one should come forward and state it as fact. Working on the probability that they know the status of Pugsy and at least one other townie, I think this information in itself is vital.

From my perspective, I have no hard proof of any other players role in this game. Leaving my potential targets at 14 players. 4 from this 14 are goons. That's a 28% chance i'll vote for a goon.

Now if the masons outed himself and two other townies that would leave me with 11 targets, and a 36% chance of hitting a goon. Granted it's not a huge increase but it's better than nothing.

EDIT

As I was writing that it seems that Pugsys potential masonism has been made public. In this case it would be obvious for Pugsy to be the mason to out himself, as he's no doubt set for a night kill. But then this reduces the players he can potentially clear to 1. Still better than nothing.

Ah FFS.

Still, he might not be.

as in he might not be a mason...I'd be mightily surprised if he wasn't the goons' target tonight.

As Jen says, though, there's every chance they'd've sussed it as well.

Except Pugsy's not allowed to - if he's a mason.

You can bluff or lie about whether you have a role or not, but you cannot hint at what character you have been assigned.

It doesn't actually state that there'll be any sanctions, however, just that it shouldn't be done.

It just makes me a bit uneasy...we've not quite reached the desperation stage yet. 11 v 4 is still relatively healthy.

ArmiyaRomanova

Although I found myself agreeing with Albannach's assessment of Deek earlier on today, I can't agree with what he's suggesting now.

I'd urge the Masons (even the one of you that Albannach's suggesting) not to come forward at this stage of the game - as the game gets tighter, you'll be increasingly necessary......

I'm not against the idea of you revealing yourselves when the time is right - but I don't think that now is that time. Stay in the game!

Chris Benoit

OK statto time,

DAY 1 Silly killed, Voted for Eck, AR final vote Hibshater

Had a final vote left on him by Boof, Deek and THAITB

was also voted for AR and Eck but both their final votes were Hibshater

DAY 2 THAITB killed, voted for Eck

Had received no votes prior to being offed

Day 3 Eck killed, no vote as had missed voting previous day iirc

Only received 2 votes whole game from Silly RIP and THAITB RIP

Day 4 Jam Tartan killed, voted for Alba, final vote Boof

Received votes from Malky (day 1) and me (day 4)

Votes were for Bev-Hibshater (day 1) Tedp (day 2) The Doc-Kitster (day 3)

Day 5 Tedp killed, voted for Boof

Received 1 vote from Jam Tartan (day 2)

votes were for Milky (day 1&2) milky-JamboJen (day 3) Boof (day 4)

Dunno if anyone can't work out any links from that lot just fried my brain checking it out

On my way to oslo airport now, moving away from medico being a goon purely because of her snippy comment to marty. I justt cant see a goon reacting like that as it appeared like a frustrated goody more than anything else

im also insulted that someone could wipe their arse and it would make them think of me!!!

ill ccheck in larer on but itll prob be tomorrow before i decide on my vote

Assuming the Masons know what I am it would make sense for one of you to come out and put it to bed. Still leaving two masons to work together.

Medico seems to come out with silly we remarks each and every time somebody even remotly sugests that they are suspicious of them.

In light of this I am going to Vote : Medico for now.

This will probably change over the the course of the next day or so.

I have an English exam tomorrow so will only get on for a few hours before the deadline.

Chris Benoit
On my way to oslo airport now, moving away from medico being a goon purely because of her snippy comment to marty. I justt cant see a goon reacting like that as it appeared like a frustrated goody more than anything else

im also insulted that someone could wipe their arse and it would make them think of me!!!

ill ccheck in larer on but itll prob be tomorrow before i decide on my vote

Hurry home bruv, your planes still on time

Silly wee remarks every time someone thinks I'm suspicious?

Care to point out any other than maybe the one to Marty today?

I'll admit it was slightly snipey, but it was made out of frustration more than anything else. Boof had asked if someone could post the voting from the start, which I was doing at the time, to try and help.

Getting stuff like that to be readable on here is a pain in the backside when copying it from excel.

I don't honestly see how doing it could really be seen as a suspicious though, which is what Marty was suggesting. I also didn't find his comment particularly helpful in getting anywhere in the game either.

I'm not a goon. I would have hoped that would be clear to most people by now, but apparently not.

FWIW, Pugsy, I'm happy to put any suspicion of you to the side for now, seen as the masons appear to be keeping quiet and perhaps aren't who I thought they were. Good luck for the English exam by the way, it was always my worst one at school!

Chris Benoit

I'll admit it was slightly snipey, but it was made out of frustration more than anything else. Boof had asked if someone could post the voting from the start, which I was doing at the time, to try and help.

Getting stuff like that to be readable on here is a pain in the backside when copying it from excel.

I don't honestly see how doing it could really be seen as a suspicious though, which is what Marty was suggesting. I also didn't find his comment particularly helpful in getting anywhere in the game either.

I'm not a goon. I would have hoped that would be clear to most people by now, but apparently not.

FWIW, Pugsy, I'm happy to put any suspicion of you to the side for now, seen as the masons appear to be keeping quiet and perhaps aren't who I thought they were. Good luck for the English exam by the way, it was always my worst one at school!

That wasn't a dig at you, and it wasn't your stats i was pulling up, it was JamboJens and the fact that her, AR, You and JP are the 4 with the worst record for voting townies but also offer the most stats after looking back over my research on the previous page one name keeps popping up so

unvote medico

vote boof

ArmiyaRomanova
Can't believe I'm dong this again, but since I have nothing else to go on I'm going to try and find some stats:

Number of times people have voted for the lynchees:

5 - ie voted for the person who has been lynched every night

JamboJen :50:

ArmiyaRomanova - hibshater, Roscoe1874, kitster, The Doctor

Medico Hearts - hibshater, Roscoe1874, kitster, The Doctor

Cigaro - hibshater, milky_26, The Doctor

jambopompey - hibshater, kitster, The Doctor

Martin - hibshater, The Doctor

Albannach - milky

Bigsmak - The Doctor

Borthers - kitster

MalkyMcFrench - hibshater

Pugsy_93 - Roscoe1874

0 - ie never had a final vote on someone who has been lynched the same night. In fact, out of this lot Beverley and Deek have never voted for any of the eventual lynchees ever. Boof voted for The Doctor on days 2 and 3 and Marty voted for milky on day one.

Beverley

Boof

Deek

Marty-French

I'm highlighting this post from JamboJen again because, given the goons penchant for not standing out, I really think we need to be concentrating our efforts on the bottom half of this table. Earnest mistakes are being made by those right at the top, I think.

Just how good would you have to be never to have had an active vote on a lynch?

IMHO it's no co-incidence that the more frequent posters are at the top of the list, the less frequent towards the bottom.

And that, for me, means that the most interesting players to look at for the moment are.....

Beverley

Boof

Deek

Marty-French

At very least one goon in there, I'd imagine.

I would have thought they would have already backed you up to be honest.

The comment I was referring to was the one quoted above. I think having read your response have maybe read it the wrong way. In fact I think I've definately read it the wrong way:laugh:

Cheers for the good luck, it's very much appreciated, although I think i'll need something nearer a miracle to pass this exam if I'm being honest:13:

Chris Benoit
I'm highlighting this post from JamboJen again because, given the goons penchant for not standing out, I really think we need to be concentrating our efforts on the bottom half of this table. Earnest mistakes are being made by those right at the top, I think.

IMHO it's no co-incidence that the more frequent posters are at the top of the list, the less frequent towards the bottom.

And that, for me, means that the most interesting players to look at for the moment are.....

Beverley

Boof

Deek

Marty-French

Or why not look at the people who are responsible for voting off the most townies

JamboJen

AR

Medico

Jambopompey

Cigaro

Beverley

Boof

Deek

Marty-French

I like this list

ArmiyaRomanova
Or why not look at the people who are responsible for voting off the most townies

JamboJen

AR

Medico

Jambopompey

Cigaro

If I were a goon I'd be trying my best NOT to appear on that particular list.

jambopompey
Assuming the Masons know what I am it would make sense for one of you to come out and put it to bed. Still leaving two masons to work together.

Medico seems to come out with silly we remarks each and every time somebody even remotly sugests that they are suspicious of them.

In light of this I am going to Vote : Medico for now.

This will probably change over the the course of the next day or so.

I have an English exam tomorrow so will only get on for a few hours before the deadline.

pugsy you have not bolded your vote

Chris Benoit

Why not that's the one place people would not expect the goons to be, be honest if JamboJen hadn't posted that nobody would be even the slightest bit aware that you, Medico and Jen played a part in at least 80% of the lynches but now she has and your all backing each other up you still seem to be above suspicion, strange that!

pugsy you have not bolded your vote

Vote : Medico

Just making sure you were paying attention:laugh:

Like I say the chances are this will change over the next wee while.

As would I.

Being involved in the lynching of so many players who turn out to be townies is a surefire way to grab attention, as Marty has just proved.

The fact is we have so far stunk with our lynches, so obviously there is going to be people who end up voting for final lynchees frequently. Plus, as I say, day 4 was a bit different to your regular lynch.

ArmiyaRomanova 118

Boof 73

yvonnejambo 69

Cigaro 68

MedicoHearts 64

JamboJen 63

jam tartan 61

Albannach 58

MalkyMcFrench 49

jambopompey 45

Marty-French 36

tedp6873 32

Borthers 31

Deek 29

Martin 26

kitster 26

milky_26 22

Silly Sausage 22

Bigsmak 22

Beverley 22

Eckauskas 17

thehibsareintheirbeds 16

Maximus 12

The Doctor 11

Pugsy 93 10

Roscoe1874 7

Chris Benoit
As would I.

Being involved in the lynching of so many players who turn out to be townies is a surefire way to grab attention, as Marty has just proved.

The fact is we have so far stunk with our lynches, so obviously there is going to be people who end up voting for final lynchees frequently. Plus, as I say, day 4 was a bit different to your regular lynch.

Usually i'd agree with you but i think the goons are to a certain extent double bluffing in this game and the last, we all know what we think is goonly behaviour so when we see it we pass it off as a newbie mistake by a townie or that a goon would be too smart to do that so in fact the goons now can go through the whole game at least at the beginning drawing attention to themselves without getting suspected, or maybe i'm putting too much thought into it

jambopompey

voting pattern for today so far as i have it

deek....................jambopompey

marty...................AR/ Medico/ Boof

Borthers...............Boof

AR.......................Bev/ Borthers

Albannach............Deek

Bigsmak................Bev/ Boof

Pugsy...................Medico

that gives us

Boof 3

jambopompey 1

Borthers 1

Medico 1

Deek 1

7 votes so far and 8 still to vote

Unvote jambopompey

I have tried throughout the game to stick to one vote per round. But medicos post has made me think again about JP.

My suspicions remain

Albanach

Bigmsak

Malky

Martin

Originally Posted by JamboJen

Number of times people have voted for the lynchees:

5 - ie voted for the person who has been lynched every night

JamboJen

ArmiyaRomanova - hibshater, Roscoe1874, kitster, The Doctor

Medico Hearts - hibshater, Roscoe1874, kitster, The Doctor

Cigaro - hibshater, milky_26, The Doctor

jambopompey - hibshater, kitster, The Doctor

Martin - hibshater, The Doctor

Albannach - milky

Bigsmak - The Doctor

Borthers - kitster

MalkyMcFrench - hibshater

Pugsy_93 - Roscoe1874

0 - ie never had a final vote on someone who has been lynched the same night. In fact, out of this lot Beverley and Deek have never voted for any of the eventual lynchees ever. Boof voted for The Doctor on days 2 and 3 and Marty voted for milky on day one.

Beverley

Boof

Deek

Marty-French

ArmiyaRomanova 118

Boof 73

yvonnejambo 69

Cigaro 68

MedicoHearts 64

JamboJen 63

jam tartan 61

Albannach 58

MalkyMcFrench 49

jambopompey 45

Marty-French 36

tedp6873 32

Borthers 31

Deek 29

Martin 26

kitster 26

milky_26 22

Silly Sausage 22

Bigsmak 22

Beverley 22

Eckauskas 17

thehibsareintheirbeds 16

Maximus 12

The Doctor 11

Pugsy 93 10

Roscoe1874 7

Is there some reason you're twisting facts to try and implicate me?

I'm usually a one vote per day voter, and usually a late one at that so I weigh up the posts and vote for whomever appears to me to be most goonly - you're as aware as I am that my voting record when a townie is no better than yours.

jambopompey

i only trust myself the now, i have doubts on almost everyone, im glad it is a 48 hour day to allow more posts.

A few players have raised my suspicions more than others, but that may also be swayed by either the masons or the goons.

We have had a few theories put out, i did go for the Jam Tartan numbers one which even though it has been put down as a pile of mince, it may have been closer to the truth but been shouted down by the goons.

There is also a theory i am working on but i want to put it down on paper first and think about it before posting it.

jambopompey

3 votes

Albannach - Borthers, ArmiyaRomanova, Boof (in final vote order)

Milky - Cigaro, JamboJen, Albannach

JamboJen - Milky, MalkyMcFrench, Bigsmak

Bigsmak - Deek, Pugsy, Beverley

Boof - tedp, jambopompey, jam tartan

i have highlighted this as it struck me as either Boof is a goon and is exacting voting for him revenge or the goons trying to make it look like it is Boof doing so, out of the 3 that voted for him 2 have been hit by the goons.

every so many posts have theories within them its what are red herrings and what are clues.

Why not that's the one place people would not expect the goons to be, be honest if JamboJen hadn't posted that nobody would be even the slightest bit aware that you, Medico and Jen played a part in at least 80% of the lynches but now she has and your all backing each other up you still seem to be above suspicion, strange that!

Aye, right so as a goon I would point out I've voted off the most people!

:qqb010:

I thought the stats were interesting and in the interests of fairness (as I've done with all my stats) I have included everyone in them.

Yes, it highlights that so far I've been absolutely humpty but it's not for the want of trying.

The people on the bottom of the list never even voted for hibshater!

Martin, yourself, Medico and The Doctor (who were busy voting for each other) didn't even have a vote on any of the people in the 5-way tie.

Either the folk at the bottom of that list don't give a feck about the game, have some weird theories about players that they've yet to share or they don't actually need to vote early on because the townies constantly bark up the wrong tree leaving the goons with nothing to do during the day.

I know which option looks the most likely to me.

jambopompey
It was a useless theory though. Akin to:

"I just had a dump. When I wiped, the fecal matter upon my toilet paper looked remarkably like a number 1. I think i'll vote Malky."

Plucking numbers from nothing to be honest.

well im having a few beers and a curry tonight, when i go for the pebble dash tomorrow morning it may spell a name.

its got to bring at least a good theory

i have highlighted this as it struck me as either Boof is a goon and is exacting voting for him revenge or the goons trying to make it look like it is Boof doing so, out of the 3 that voted for him 2 have been hit by the goons.

every so many posts have theories within them its what are red herrings and what are clues.

Did jam tartan get whacked that night? The night he decided to bring Boof in and turn everything into a tie.

Surely that is far to obvious form the goons.

It's a feckin nightmare trying to second guess them.

Chris Benoit
Aye, right so as a goon I would point out I've voted off the most people!

:qqb010:

I thought the stats were interesting and in the interests of fairness (as I've done with all my stats) I have included everyone in them.

Yes, it highlights that so far I've been absolutely humpty but it's not for the want of trying.

The people on the bottom of the list never even voted for hibshater!

Martin, yourself, Medico and The Doctor (who were busy voting for each other) didn't even have a vote on any of the people in the 5-way tie.

Either the folk at the bottom of that list don't give a feck about the game, have some weird theories about players that they've yet to share or they don't actually need to vote early on because the townies constantly bark up the wrong tree leaving the goons with nothing to do during the day.

I know which option looks the most likely to me.

So lets get this right, your saying that because i haven't been convinced when a townie got lynched i must be guilty, there was no need for me to vote for HibsHater day 1 because it was obvious he was getting lynched anyway.

Don't know why i continuously have to defend myself when there are others including yourself who have done far more to hinder the towns chances

BoJack Horseman
I like this list

I agree. I'd also like to add Borthers to it though. He seems to just pop up now and again with random statements that really don't help to push the game any further forward. At one point he was spouting rubbish about not being killed because he was too close to the truth and that would make it obvious. Wtf? Infact i'll think i'll have a dig through his posts. Borthers and Deek are my current top suspects.

Beverley

Boof

Deek

Marty-French

I'd agree with all of this, especially as three of these people (Boof, Deek and Marty) were on my list of four from last night. Found it interesting that in response to this post, Marty gave a list which included a completely different set of names that we should be investigating which seemed to be an attempt to bring these names into focus. Plus it's a bit strange that Marty has already changed has voted for three different people in this round already. Since I last posted there's not been a lot of evidence from the people on my list to change my mind, so for now

Vote Marty-French

Will check back later when I'm back from the match.

Chris Benoit
I'd agree with all of this, especially as three of these people (Boof, Deek and Marty) were on my list of four from last night. Found it interesting that in response to this post, Marty gave a list which included a completely different set of names that we should be investigating which seemed to be an attempt to bring these names into focus. Plus it's a bit strange that Marty has already changed has voted for three different people in this round already. Since I last posted there's not been a lot of evidence from the people on my list to change my mind, so for now

Vote Marty-French

Will check back later when I'm back from the match.

If you'd noticed the players names i put forward was the people who were responsible for lynching the most townies but as i said already there's no point me trying to defend myself, i know i'm a townie but it seems everybody else is happy for me to be hung out to dry

ArmiyaRomanova
Unvote jambopompey

I have tried throughout the game to stick to one vote per round. But medicos post has made me think again about JP.

My suspicions remain

Albanach

Bigmsak

Malky

Martin

Interesting list - curiously (indulge me for a moment here), if I imagine you to be a goon for a second and take OUT those four names, and then also take out the names of those I have some faith in, these are the names that are left on the player list.

Beverley

Boof

Cigaro

Borthers

Deek

Marty-French

Those in Bold are the players who've not been involved in the lynching of a single townie. The ones I've been taking a look at. And all four of them are there. Interesting.

Just interesting.

i have 3 people who are kinda standing out to me at the moment

i've never been the brightest with this game to be honest, and have a pish record when it comes down to it, but there is 1 person i'm certain i can trust, and that would be...............

me!!

i know i'm a townie but can't speak for you lot.

i'm gonna vote tomorrow since we have an extra long day.

i'm faily certain which way i'm going, but i may yet be swayed

Those in Bold are the players who've not been involved in the lynching of a single townie. The ones I've been taking a look at. And all four of them are there. Interesting.

Just interesting.

i've had the same vote since my first one though, and THAT particular player hasn't been lynched or murdered yet, so its slightly flawed reasoning

Archived